Old 31st August 2007, 18:43   #1
rshields9093

Playlists Shows Total File Size

I would love it if each playlist would show the total size of all files in that list (it currently shows the number of songs and the total time). An even better option would be the ability to select multiple playlists and see the overall size total. This would be very useful for planning how you are going to fill up a portable device, especially the smaller ones.

If there is a workaround or plug in that I have missed that would achieve this functionality, I welcome any hints.

Thank you,

RS
rshields9093 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2009, 02:05   #2
HugoL

Get the total size of files included in a playlist

I'd like too to have this feature developped. I want to generate playlists that will roughly fill the available space of my 2GB MP3 player. Winamp shows the number of tracks and the total time - but the MP3s were encoded at varying rates, so I can't just multiply the time by the "expected" file size. And the lists are too large to find all the individual files and add them up... Please, consider it this time. You would be ahead of other players.
HugoL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2009, 22:27   #3
bascaves

This feature would absolutely great. I have Ipods, flash cards of various sizes. I have even playlist per devices. But I am lacking to know if my playlist stays with in the memory limits of my device.
bascaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2010, 02:37   #4
HobbesPDX

Sum of playlist

+1
HobbesPDX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2010, 10:41   #5
SarahLacy

+1 , i love also if you can randomize hits positions in the playlist
SarahLacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2011, 17:59   #6
sjamie

Showing the playlist size seems like such a simple (and obvious) feature to include. Most competing software like iTunes already have this feature. Is anyone working on adding this extremely useful feature to Winamp?
sjamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Wishlist