Old 24th April 2006, 14:12   #1
macaroon
Major Dude

in_cdda.cdb

Can some one tell me if it's possible to edit in_cdda.cdb file in say NOTEPAD or will that cause it to fall over? It appears to be a plain text file with the exception for important stuff at the beginning and end of the file. "ðï¾" that for instance.
I only ask as sometimes CDDB fails or is turned off an it's much easier to copy and paste one lump of twenty tracks than it is do all the tracks one by one. Does that make sense?

Cheers

Winamp 5 updates Spilt_Milk
macaroon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2006, 17:16   #2
ujay
Forum King

Not with Notepad.

If I've understood, you are looking for a way to shortcut Winamp's own <Alt+3> editor.
It could be done with a hex editor I suppose, but to be honest it sounds like a lot more work than just pasting it into Winamp's editor track by track.

UJ
ujay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2006, 17:44   #3
macaroon
Major Dude

If if was a simple text file then that would be easy. But there are null characters in there. I only ask because sometimes the CDDB makes mistakes and replaces track names with Track 1, Track 2 etc. On a "found" CD. Oh well.

Winamp 5 updates Spilt_Milk
macaroon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2006, 18:30   #4
ujay
Forum King

From what I remember the file uses an indexed list, importing the text is no problem, it's fixing up the index afterwards that requires the work. It also looks like the file is unicode these days too, so that's another complication.

... sometimes the CDDB makes mistakes and replaces track names with Track 1, Track 2 etc. On a "found" CD.

At a guess I would say you're not actually connecting.
There is a problem with the CDDB dialogue where it always displays 'success' regardless of what happened. So it can look like the CD was found, when it reality it wasn't.
If you really are connected then you should see the word 'querying' as well.

UJ
ujay is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion