Old 28th January 2003, 20:12   #1
sonicclub

How do I put silence between songs?

Is there a way to make SHOUTcast delay between songs? My station is working great, but I just don't like how it sounds like all the songs are connected together, just second of silence or delay between songs would work. If anyone can help then thanks, oh, and if i actually have to edit all my Mp3's and put the silence at the end of each one it isn't worth the trouble because I have over 700 songs on my station. Here's my station's URL to listen to in WinAmp or whatever, listen to a few songs and see what I mean if you don't understand what i'm talking about: http://sonicclub.******.com:8000
sonicclub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2003, 20:23   #2
Vchat20
Major Dude

only thing I would say is to go and make an mp3 file which is 1 sec long and is blank. then just place that in between every song. if there is an easier answer, then someone plz tell.

personally i dont have to worry, cuz most of my songs fade out towards the end AND have about a second of complete silence.
Vchat20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2003, 20:28   #3
sonicclub

Some of my songs have silence too, but not a lot, just ones from soundtracks and stuff. Ones I encoded myself before, or even some I find online done have silence. I was just thinking it would be more professional if it had the silence or fade effect.
Old 28th January 2003, 21:48   #4
sonicclub

Sorry for double posting, but I just wanted to let everyone know if there's another option please tell me. I want to have a couple choices atleast. Thanks.
Old 28th January 2003, 23:02   #5
sonicclub

Sorry for double posting, but I just wanted to let everyone know if there's another option please tell me. I want to have a couple choices atleast. Thanks.
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Technical Support