Old 24th January 2003, 06:40   #1
NightAire

Send a message via ICQ to NightAire
Automated switching of sources fed to DNAS

Here's what I'm wanting to do, but don't know how to:

I currently stream using Winamp as my source to a local DNAS sitting on the same machine. What I'd like to be able to do is have the system somehow know at 10pm (or after a particular file in the playlist) to pick up a remote Shoutcast source feeding my DNAS.

I'm in Tulsa, and there's a guy in San Diego who wants to do a live show Saturday nights at 10pm... I don't want to be stuck here every Saturday night to switch the feed.

Even cooler would be the ability to then RESTART the playlist where it left off at a particular time... then I wouldn't have to be anywhere near the system when the program airs!

(Of course the only problem would be if the guy wasn't there to feed the DNAS... I'm willing to take that risk.)

Does anybody know a way to do this? It seems like it ought to be possible, but I've never seen a "plugin" or a script that would do it.

Thanks in advance for anybody's help on this project!
NightAire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2003, 09:29   #2
NightAire

Send a message via ICQ to NightAire
I'm an idiot... the easy way to do this is have the remote site steaming via Shoutcast as well... then put their stream address as an entry in my playlist! When the last song finishes, it will kick over to the live stream and my friend can begin his show. When he's through, all he has to do is disconnect, and the player will automatically disconnect and go on to the next file in the playlist.

My playlist will look like:

D:\my_songs\the_ya-yas-happy.mp3
D:\my_songs\nope-every_day.mp3
http://123.425.68.8/live_show.pls
D:\my_songs\shirley_temple-the_lollypop_song.mp3

I was making this way too hard!!! :-|

The only problem I see so far is getting RTL365 to work with it... Bammer, are you out there?
NightAire is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Technical Support