Old 9th December 2002, 00:48   #1
duet maxwell
Major Dudette

Is Game Doctor Worth it?

my lil brother was at a freinds house and got his
Gundam Battle Assault 2 scratched, so it eather wont start past the play station logo or after a level itll stay on teh black loading view. hes heart broken and i really liek this game, so im thinking about buying a game doctor to fix teh scratch, is it worth it?or should i just try and finde teh game again and buy it?

if u can help me on this i would realy apreshiate it..

duet maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2002, 00:54   #2
sgtfuzzbubble011

I've heard mixed reviews. Some of the people I've talked to say they work really good, and some people say they don't work well enough. I have yet to try one because I don't let my discs get scratched.

Anyways, I think you'll just have to try one out and see if it does what you need it to do.
sgtfuzzbubble011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2002, 00:54   #3
White Raven
Little Winged One

Game Doctor

Game Doctor is really worth the 30-40 summod dollars you pay for it. I should know, I bought one. The CD's actually spin faster and thus work better when you 'doctor' them with the thing. I think the DD scrapes a layer off of the disk to get rid of the scratch. It sounds like it should utterly destroy the CD, but it actually makes it work better!
However, it also depends on how deep/big the scratch is. And go Gundam Battle Assault! I own 2 and 3!

Good to see a fellow PS fan!

just as feathery as ever | portfolio | a poignant quote
White Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2002, 01:04   #4
duet maxwell
Major Dudette

Re: Game Doctor

Quote:
Originally posted by White_Raven
Game Doctor is really worth the 30-40 summod dollars you pay for it. I should know, I bought one. The CD's actually spin faster and thus work better when you 'doctor' them with the thing. I think the DD scrapes a layer off of the disk to get rid of the scratch. It sounds like it should utterly destroy the CD, but it actually makes it work better!
However, it also depends on how deep/big the scratch is. And go Gundam Battle Assault! I own 2 and 3!

yeah Gundam Wing is one of my favoret anime and game out,
teh scratch is visable its like ))))))))))))))))))))))))) <-- but thiner and smaller,
very lightly though i almost thought it was a smudge, do u think tahts to deep ?

im thinking i should go ahead and get a game doctor then.. but my lil bro is not allowed to take the good games out teh house anymore.. i to sufer when one of his games dies..
we each got a ps but we switch game swith each other... but he takes his over to pals houses,it was only a matter of time before soemthing like this would happen..
Old 9th December 2002, 01:08   #5
White Raven
Little Winged One

Yup

Well, if it's that light it should be no problem at all. You know, if you're near an Electronics Boutique store, sometimes if you take in your game, they'll Doctor it for free for you. (If it's only one game.)

I basically bought the DD as a precaution because I never let my games get scratched either when they're in my personal care. But I lent games to my friends sometimes, and on an occasion one scratched the hell out of one of my games and denied the damage. To prevent a reccurrence of this accident, I bought the DD and I don't lend games anymore.

Old 9th December 2002, 01:12   #6
duet maxwell
Major Dudette

Re: Yup

yeah , i told my bro not to take his games over to peopels houses.. if they screw it up and its a freind they dont wanan do anithign to make up for it.. game was $25 and hadent bin with us for 3 weeks..
i get lent games all the time but i treat them liek babies.. not everyone is that way. anyways my bro knows better now, now he knows why i never let him take MINE out teh house, last time i caught him trying to take my dream cast over to a pals house.. grr not hell freazes over

anyways tahts alot man i apreshiate it
Old 9th December 2002, 01:15   #7
White Raven
Little Winged One

:)

No problems, I like helping people.<-- Reminescent of Burnbaum from that show that used to be on YTV... Had Lambton High or something... Funny as all hell.

Old 9th December 2002, 01:43   #8
duet maxwell
Major Dudette

Re: :)

Quote:
No problems, I like helping people.<-- Reminescent of Burnbaum from that show that used to be on YTV... Had Lambton High or something... Funny as all hell.
i dunno never seen it or teh station , musta bin good though

thanks for yer imput sgtfuzzbubble99!! i apreshiated it to
Old 9th December 2002, 01:48   #9
Xion(810)
Major Dude

Go to some place that can do it as a service, like Disc-go-round or something to that extent. They do it for a small fee but what's better: Paying 3$ for one disc to be fixed or 20$ just to fix one disc?
Xion(810) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2002, 01:49   #10
sgtfuzzbubble011

Quote:
thanks for yer imput sgtfuzzbubble99!! i apreshiated it to
You's welcome, even though I didn't really help or anything.
sgtfuzzbubble011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2002, 02:01   #11
duet maxwell
Major Dudette

well i wanan have it now so incase anotehr dies ill have it but, i will be chekign about gettign this oen cd fixed now, i got save money for teh game doctor thank u Xion(810) and evrybody!

Old 9th December 2002, 03:59   #12
Orgone_Man
Major Dude

Re: Game Doctor

Quote:

Most people don't know, but all the information on cd's is stored toward the side that has the label on it. If you take an old cd you don't want anymore and scrape the label side, you will notice this and be able to see through the transparent buffer that is on the underside.
Orgone_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2002, 04:03   #13
Trigear
bear!

i've been working in the video rental industry since late may, and i've become very familiar with the game doctor's dvd counterpart, dvd doctor. i swear by it. it's worked wonders on discs i would have thrown out otherwise. so give the game doctor a whirl, just don't overuse it because how it works is it removes the bottommost layer from the cd... do it enough times and you'll actually remove the data from the disc.
Trigear is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > Games Center