Old 28th September 2002, 15:43   #1
Windude

UT2003 final "pre released"

i have found that ut2003 has been "pre-released"

containing even more subliminal messages than the demo.

good game though

<<<will give head for food-stamps>>>

Windude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2002, 15:44   #2
fwgx
Rudolf the Red.
(Forum King)

And what are these subliminal messages? this is not a subliminal message just something to waste your time with reading

"We think science is interesting and if you disagree, you can fuck off."
fwgx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2002, 15:51   #3
Windude

Telling you to support the shadow govt, to buy this game, to support the shadow govt, to hate saddam, to support shadow govt.

i managed to run it at half a frame per second and found these messages

<<<will give head for food-stamps>>>

Windude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2002, 15:59   #4
n_ick2000
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to n_ick2000 Send a message via Yahoo to n_ick2000
I don't know about the subliminal messages, but some people already have it. Some stores are already selling it. I have checked the stores around here, and I won't be able to get it until Oct 1st.

|
n_ick2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2002, 16:00   #5
SSJ4 Gogitta
Followed by Gnomes
(Forum King)

Location: West Virginia Googolplex: 10^10¹°° FB:/SSJ4.DominusDeus DeviantArt: DominusDeus XboX GT: A Wild Meeseeks Playstation 4: DominusDeus
Quote:
Originally posted by Windude
Telling you to support the shadow govt, to buy this game, to support the shadow govt, to hate saddam, to support shadow govt.

i managed to run it at half a frame per second and found these messages
I managed to look inside your head.

My god, it's full of stars.

SSJ4 Gogitta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2002, 16:21   #6
bluetape2k1
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to bluetape2k1
Get me proof....a screenshot maybe

not making it in PSP or Photoshop as there is a ton of artists here that can tell if its real or not
bluetape2k1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2002, 19:44   #7
n_ick2000
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by bluetape2k1
Get me proof....a screenshot maybe

not making it in PSP or Photoshop as there is a ton of artists here that can tell if its real or not
Are you talking about proof that ut2k3 has been released, or the subliminal messages? I don't know about the subliminal messages, but here is proof that ut2k3 is out.

|
Old 28th September 2002, 20:50   #8
liquidmotion
Smokes Two Joints
Beta Team

Send a message via ICQ to liquidmotion
wooteh

For a good time: shup | stashbox | my homepage
liquidmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2002, 02:53   #9
QHOBBES
Banned

Send a message via AIM to QHOBBES Send a message via Yahoo to QHOBBES
well GCW already has a section for it. sad
http://gcw.webmediadirect.com/games/...ent_2003.shtml
QHOBBES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2002, 09:54   #10
Some1
Forum King

gah...UT2003, I've played the demo, and while it looks pretty and succeeds in its objective of draining huge amounts of system resources, it brings nothing new to a genre that's been following the same pattern for FAR too long...basically it's a bunch of people running around in an arena type place shooting each other with all sorts of futuristic weaponry (with some lower tech things thrown in as well). Whatever happened to first person shooters that actually had STORYLINES, and an interesting plot, like the original Unreal, or even the original Quake??? The problem with the constant increase in computing power that PC's are subject to is that it is now possible to market a game solely on the prettiness of its graphics...things were better back when anything that tried to be 3D would be horribly pixelated and lack any sort of realistic looking textures because this lack of eye-candy meant that if a game didn't have a compelling storyline (ot at least some sort of shallow storyline), nobody would bother playing it. What's the point of yet another game in which you run around in a 3 dimensional box and shoot the same people over and over again? To be the best??? Is it really more satisfying to say "I killed player X more than he killed me, I'm SO leet" than to say "I stopped the alien invasion by traveling to their homeworld and blasting their leader full of rockets in a 20 minute long showdown"? I certainly hope that it isn't...I propose that we boycott games such as UT2003 and Quake 3 Arena until developers start making similar styled games with storylines more complex than "you're in an arena, so are some other people, over there are some weapons, I think you know what to do...".

Hm...this turned into a rant rather quickly...oh well, I stand by my disdain for all games qhich use a model similar to Quake 3 Arena, regardless of how pretty their graphics are, or how much system resources they consume.
Some1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2002, 10:07   #11
steak
Major Dude

Quote:
containing even more subliminal messages than the demo.
No doubt (like always) you have no proof whatsoever of these messages, have you?

how did I guess?

Seriously why would anybody bother to put subliminal messages inside a game, do you really think that epic games are working for the government, do you really?

Maybe this is just like a simulator to try and get you to join the army and go fight for them...maybe

No wait, hold on, didn't they recently release something like that?
steak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2002, 10:17   #12
PhotoFx
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to PhotoFx
one way of looking at it woudl be that "player x" is someone who actually exists, while following a contrived storyline is much more limiting in that you had nothing to do with it, while you create all the actions for your own little battle...

but you're still right about the graphics thing... i doubt there's really anywhere to go in the first person shooter... though tribes at least tried to involve teamwork.
on and added note, i don't play computer games.

PhotoFx -[=]-"Visual forms are not inherent in themselves, but are granted by the act of seeing..." -Trevor Goodchild
PhotoFx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2002, 14:50   #13
spanky

Send a message via ICQ to spanky
Windude,
Would subliminal messages work on those who suffer from dyslexia? I'd hate to see a generation of kids walking around chanting shit like "I thae ddaams!" and "I supprot the togv dowsha!"

This could do some serious damage..

all work and no play makes jack a dull boy
spanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2002, 15:11   #14
binary hero
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to binary hero
Quote:
Originally posted by Some1
gah...UT2003, I've played the demo, and while it looks pretty and succeeds in its objective of draining huge amounts of system resources, it brings nothing new to a genre that's been following the same pattern for FAR too long...basically it's a bunch of people running around in an arena type place shooting each other with all sorts of futuristic weaponry (with some lower tech things thrown in as well). Whatever happened to first person shooters that actually had STORYLINES, and an interesting plot, like the original Unreal, or even the original Quake??? The problem with the constant increase in computing power that PC's are subject to is that it is now possible to market a game solely on the prettiness of its graphics...things were better back when anything that tried to be 3D would be horribly pixelated and lack any sort of realistic looking textures because this lack of eye-candy meant that if a game didn't have a compelling storyline (ot at least some sort of shallow storyline), nobody would bother playing it. What's the point of yet another game in which you run around in a 3 dimensional box and shoot the same people over and over again? To be the best??? Is it really more satisfying to say "I killed player X more than he killed me, I'm SO leet" than to say "I stopped the alien invasion by traveling to their homeworld and blasting their leader full of rockets in a 20 minute long showdown"? I certainly hope that it isn't...I propose that we boycott games such as UT2003 and Quake 3 Arena until developers start making similar styled games with storylines more complex than "you're in an arena, so are some other people, over there are some weapons, I think you know what to do...".

Hm...this turned into a rant rather quickly...oh well, I stand by my disdain for all games qhich use a model similar to Quake 3 Arena, regardless of how pretty their graphics are, or how much system resources they consume.
but the point of the game is not to have a storyline. It is a carnage-fest...and didn't unreal tournament come out before quake3 anyway, so actually, unreal tournament 2003 is quite reminiscent of unreal tournament.

There is an unreal2 on it's way, and there are hundreds of games with storylines about to be released/just released (splinter cell, duality, hitman2, unreal2, half life2, the bond game, mgs2:substance, gta3, jedi knight, doom3...)

[edit]
If you want a game that doesn't care overly much about graphics, but is ground breaking, has a great storyline, not all that ammunition consumed (although it is a FPS, ammunition is very scarce, it's usually easier to avoid than attack)...get system shock 2. I don't care where from, warez channels, ebay, friends...(the developers and distributors have gone bust so the only way to get it is not-quite-legally)...It is System Shock 2.
binary hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2002, 15:32   #15
james
Forum PFY
(Major Dude)

Nothing will ever beat Doom and Doom 2 as the most enjoyable FPS's

He uses statistics like a drunk uses lamp-posts: for support, not illumination.
james is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2002, 16:16   #16
zootm
Forum King

i like shooting people over and over and over. but the UK release of UT2003 is still a week or two away

to be fair though, lots of people spend their lives playing tennis... there's as much variety in that as in an multiplayer FPS, does that make it less fun? or on computers, what about pac-man?

i love games with a plot (system shock 1 and 2, medal of honour allied assault, half life, deus ex etc.), but it's not necessary for a game to be good... i stopped playing medal of honour after i completed it. i still play the original UT.

zootm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2002, 19:52   #17
eleet-2k2
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by SSJ4_Gogitta
I managed to look inside your head.

My god, it's full of stars.
LOL! Good stuff windude.

"Welcome to the Island of people who know too much."..."Did you really think balloons would stop him?!"
See what I'm listening too.
eleet-2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2002, 20:14   #18
Vie
Forum King

Location: Thoron fields and Duranium shadows. Posts: Crap mostly
Quote:
gah...UT2003, I've played the demo, and while it looks pretty and succeeds in its objective of draining huge amounts of system resources, it brings nothing new to a genre that's been following the same pattern for FAR too long...basically it's a bunch of people running around in an arena type place shooting each other with all sorts of futuristic weaponry (with some lower tech things thrown in as well). Whatever happened to first person shooters that actually had STORYLINES, and an interesting plot, like the original Unreal, or even the original Quake??? (and a lot more)
take a look at "The Thing" its comming out soon and from waht I've seen its bloody scary.

Member most in need of SpellCheck Lifetime Achievement Award

I'm a Twitch Streamer these days, it's weird.
Vie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2002, 23:05   #19
QHOBBES
Banned

Send a message via AIM to QHOBBES Send a message via Yahoo to QHOBBES
Quote:
Whatever happened to first person shooters that actually had STORYLINES... or even the original Quake???
"Go forth and kick ass, soldier" is now considerd a story?
QHOBBES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2002, 00:02   #20
dylman
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by Herbster
Nothing will ever beat Doom and Doom 2 as the most enjoyable FPS's
This is truth.

There's no need to tell me when I'm right;
I operate on that principle exclusively and with absolute certainty
dylman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2002, 00:40   #21
Some1
Forum King

Quote:
take a look at "The Thing" its comming out soon and from waht I've seen its bloody scary.
I've seen commercials for that game and it DOES look fairly interesting.

Quote:
but the point of the game is not to have a storyline. It is a carnage-fest
True, and it does have every right to be a carnage fest, the problem is that it doesn't bring anything new or different to the idea except fancier graphics and higher system requirements...there's nothing really unique or innovative about it that would give your average gamer any reason to choose playing UT2003 over already existsing games like Q3A or the original UT, other than the fact that UT2003 is newer.
Old 30th September 2002, 03:09   #22
zootm
Forum King

Quote:
True, and it does have every right to be a carnage fest, the problem is that it doesn't bring anything new or different to the idea except fancier graphics and higher system requirements...there's nothing really unique or innovative about it that would give your average gamer any reason to choose playing UT2003 over already existsing games like Q3A or the original UT, other than the fact that UT2003 is newer.
other than the demo did seem, to me, to be more fun - Q3A was too arcade-y and repetitive, UT was kinda unintuitive, and never felt quite right. UT2003 has the feel, and the gameplay. true, it's not revolution, but it is certainly an evolution over the last generation of these games.

Old 30th September 2002, 06:26   #23
Trigear
bear!

Quote:
gah...UT2003, I've played the demo, and while it looks pretty and succeeds yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda...
you make a very good point and i agree with some of it but DID YOU KNOW that epic (the makers of ut2k3) have been developing unreal 2 for a while and it's due to be released in a few months, with nice eye candy AND a (supposedly) killer storyline / gameplay system?

well, now you do. :P

(yeah, i've been sick of multiplayer-only fps games since shortly after they started coming out too... i loved ut at first but it got boring quickly, and -- [pre-post edit: this was turning into a rant so i cut it])
Trigear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2002, 07:08   #24
Some1
Forum King

Quote:
you make a very good point and i agree with some of it but DID YOU KNOW that epic (the makers of ut2k3) have been developing unreal 2 for a while and it's due to be released in a few months, with nice eye candy AND a (supposedly) killer storyline / gameplay system?
Nope...but I do now...previously I had assumed that UT2003 (and similarly styled future sequels) was going to be the only continuation of the Unreal series (as seems to have happened with Quake, although I guess the Quake universe was never really elaborated upon enough to allow for a really immersive sequel to take place...Quake 2 notwithstanding).
Old 30th September 2002, 11:48   #25
zootm
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by triGEAR
(yeah, i've been sick of multiplayer-only fps games since shortly after they started coming out too... i loved ut at first but it got boring quickly, and -- [pre-post edit: this was turning into a rant so i cut it])
i'm still not bored witht he original UT... the profliferation of third-party add-ons and the mutator system makes the gameplay every bit as varied as a plot-based game, if not more. the difference is that in a plot-based game, the plot compels you to play... in these games it is the gameplay itself that is supposed to compel you... it all depends on just how fun you find this kind of gameplay, and whether you need a consistent plot to find a game fun...

Old 30th September 2002, 18:07   #26
Trigear
bear!

re: zootm
i used to follow multiplayer gaming heavily a few years back, but then i got bored and stopped. i do remember, though, when i lost interest, that most of the ut mod projects were incomplete. also, most of them were unoriginal, mostly just spinoffs of the varios quake and half-life mods, ala counterstrike, jailbreak, team fortress, etc... there was one that i liked, but it was perpetually in the beta stage and i eventually gave up on it: it was called dark magic. what's the status on that one now?
Trigear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2002, 18:37   #27
n_ick2000
Forum King

Well, if everything goes right, I should be ordering my copy on-line today. It says they expect to start shipping them tomorrow. I don't care what you guys say about it not being that good. The demo rules. This is a game that I will actually be buying. I don't buy many games. period.

|
Old 1st October 2002, 00:35   #28
RanDom_ErrOr
Banned

Location: The loony bin, just outside of nutsville,USA. I would visit you, but my room is padded and i cant get out...
Send a message via ICQ to RanDom_ErrOr Send a message via AIM to RanDom_ErrOr
i just beat the whole game, and it sucks ass...

the only story is that *100 years after the original tournaments, earth got taken over by an emporer from space and they first thought that the tournaments were evil, but then he realised that he could throw dissedants into the fighting...*

and you must kill,kill,kill.... BLEW ASS GAME not worth the 2.5 gigs to install it.
RanDom_ErrOr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2002, 00:39   #29
zootm
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by triGEAR
...dark magic. what's the status on that one now?
it got nearly finished, i think... it was quite fun, but i found it quite hard to control. i liked u4e, reminded me of the old weapons packs you got for the original quake.

i just finished playing bombing run with folk from my uni for 2 hours. that was hella fun

uh... RanDom_ErrOr - the lack of a plot is kinda a given...

Old 1st October 2002, 00:42   #30
RanDom_ErrOr
Banned

Location: The loony bin, just outside of nutsville,USA. I would visit you, but my room is padded and i cant get out...
look @ halflife, and the other mods for it, they have semiplots... (blueshift, opposing force)... that was a fun trilligy (sp?)
Old 1st October 2002, 00:46   #31
zootm
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by RanDom_ErrOr
look @ halflife, and the other mods for it, they have semiplots... (blueshift, opposing force)... that was a fun trilogy
yes, but the multiplayer side never had a plot... this isn't a plot based single player game... it's like making fun of it for not being a flight sim, or something...

Old 1st October 2002, 00:47   #32
RanDom_ErrOr
Banned

well ut2003 *could* be concidered a single player game, but i wont go there... i am already crispy enough!
Old 1st October 2002, 00:51   #33
n_ick2000
Forum King

Dang. I still don't care about you guys saying it's a bad game. I'll be picking my copy up at about 9:00pm tonight (about 4 hours) from Electronic Boutique. It's going to rule.

|
Old 1st October 2002, 00:54   #34
zootm
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by n_ick2000
Dang. I still don't care about you guys saying it's a bad game. I'll be picking my copy up at about 9:00pm tonight (about 4 hours) from Electronic Boutique. It's going to rule.
yeah, i'm getting it when it comes out here. it's the best game of this type i've ever played.

Old 1st October 2002, 01:30   #35
spanky

Send a message via ICQ to spanky
heh, if you guys are looking for a good story then read a book. If you are looking for a fast-paced bloody FPS with awesome graphics then play Unreal Tournament 2003.
I bought the game. It kicks ass. It's a game not an animated storybook!

all work and no play makes jack a dull boy
spanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2002, 02:31   #36
n_ick2000
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by spanky
heh, if you guys are looking for a good story then read a book. If you are looking for a fast-paced bloody FPS with awesome graphics then play Unreal Tournament 2003.
I bought the game. It kicks ass. It's a game not an animated storybook!
I agree with you whole-heartedly (sp) on this one. I don't want any sappy story, I just want to get some fragging done. I don't care about the story behind why the good guys are good, and why the bad guys are bad. Is that really going to enhance the game any? I think not. I just want to shoot people

|
Old 1st October 2002, 03:32   #37
insomniac
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to insomniac
Well, I went to CompUSA today to see if they have it...and they did. However, I did not buy it. I saw a few other games that would probably interest me (F1 2002, Battlefield 1942, SOF2:DH, Mafia) and I have not yet decided what to buy. If anyone has any recommendations, tell me now. I`m open to most any genre, just as long as the game will give me something very fun to do for awhile.

As for UT 2003, I liked the demo, but I royally suck at it. That reason would be the only thing holding me back from buying it.
insomniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2002, 07:52   #38
Some1
Forum King

Quote:
If anyone has any recommendations, tell me now. I`m open to most any genre, just as long as the game will give me something very fun to do for awhile.
For good all-around gameplay, I'd recommend getting Warcraft 3 if you don't have it already...immersive single-player gameply, plus owning a legit copy means you can play on B.net servers against other people, using any of quite a large number of custom maps that are more like mods to WC3 than simply player created maps (they even have a "Missile Command" one...)

If you don't care about singleplayer that much and jsut want a fun multiplayer game, I'd recommend BF1942, the multiplayer aspects of this game are decent and fairly innovative, but the single player campaigns suck. Also if you just want multiplayer UT2003 would also be an okay choice, though I think BF1942 is still the better pick despite its "clunkiness."

As far as SOF2 and Mafia go, I've never played either of them, so I really can't say...
Old 1st October 2002, 12:29   #39
zootm
Forum King

if you have a PC that can take, the most immersive game i've played in a long time is GTA3... it's just soooooo good.

Old 1st October 2002, 12:40   #40
Some1
Forum King

Ah yes, I forgot about that, GTA3 is also a quite entertaining singleplayer game, and I hear the sequel is due out sometime soon...no multiplayer whatsoever though.
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > Games Center