Old 11th July 2005, 01:52   #1
1side0

visualization maximization

This is a wierd problem, but when i extend my desktop onto my tv and then place winamp on the extended desktop and try to maximize the visualization it maximizes on my original desktop and the extended desktop gets all messed up, and when i unmaximize the visualization it goes back to normal. I want to be able to have a visualization running on my tv while i listen to music and use my computer for other things...

my graphics card is a ATI Mobility Fire GL T2 if that info helps any... and it should be completely updated, and it's the newest build of winamp... I just got it today.

Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.
1side0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2005, 22:39   #2
JonnyMac

Which visualization are you using?

Try the MilkDrop vis, it has dual/multi monitor support. MilkDrop is default with Winamp 5.x (Full, Bundle or Pro) or can be downloaded here.

Please do not PM me for tech support. Any request for tech support through PM will be ignored.
Read the Stickies
---> | | | | <--- Knowledge is power
JonnyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2005, 01:18   #3
1side0

I was just using the visualizations that come with the newest version of winamp. I just installed milk drop and it is really messed up. if i move winamp the visualization keeps multiplying and fills up my desktop (not sure how to explain it... multiple instances of the visualization but not moving...) not liking that... and the website says it works with winamp 2 and 3 nothing about 5... and milk drop was not installed with the newest version of winamp.
1side0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2005, 01:30   #4
JonnyMac

If it was not installed with WA5 (Full, Bundle or Pro) it may have been accidentally unchecked in the install options.

Sorry, I don't have a multi-mon set up to provide you with further instruction. However, in the MilkDrop options, click on the 'common settings' tab then click the 'DualHead' button to see if you make the appropriate settings there.

Anyone else?

I will move this to the MilkDrop Forum.

Please do not PM me for tech support. Any request for tech support through PM will be ignored.
Read the Stickies
---> | | | | <--- Knowledge is power
JonnyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2005, 03:13   #5
redi jedi
Will code for food

make sure milkdrop is closed, go to "select vis." under the visulation menu. you should have a window that has three sets of options, one for desktop mode, one for full screen, and one for windowed, just change the fullscreen one to (blah blah) - secondary.

Blah!
redi jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Visualizations > MilkDrop > MilkDrop Troubleshooting Forum