Old 18th May 2010, 23:31   #1
rcollings

Album art not always showing on my portable (Samsung P3)

I have just aquired a Samsung P3 player and sent three albums to it as a trial run using WinAmp. All albums have album art in WinAmp and yet only one album appears in the P3 with its album art. Any suggestions for transferring all the album art over?
rcollings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2010, 13:40   #2
rcollings

Ok - to answer my own question (I have been doing some research)...

It looks as if the Samsung p3 only displays album art if it is embedded in the tags (I am not 100% sure of this - is there a way of examining all the tags for an mp3 file in WinAmp?)

It seems that WinAmp does not support this approach to storing album art - it can read the data if it is there but if you download an album cover, it stores the image as a file in the folder.

It also seems that support for embedding the album art in the mp3 tags is on the wishlist but I cannot find anything that indicates if and when these wish items might be implemented.

So questions:
  1. Is there a way to see all the tags for an mp3 in WinAmp (and in particular to see whether the album art exists as a tag)
  2. What is the likelihood of WinAmp supporting the creation of album art as a tage in the mp3 file itself? And if so, when
  3. In the meantime, are there any workarounds (other than switching to a player that does support this approach)
Old 30th May 2010, 23:32   #3
unit731

album art needs to be embedded on mp3s if you want to album art to display on your portable....winamp does not embed album art. i recommend you use a program called "mp3tag".
unit731 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2010, 23:35   #4
unit731

i guess my previous comment did not post...anyway use a program called "mp3tag" to embed album art to your music collection.
unit731 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2010, 00:32   #5
rcollings

Thanks. Would still be interested in knowing whether WinAmp is going to implement saving album art as a tag. Is there anywhere that provides an indication of what is planned for the next release
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support

Tags
album art, portables, samsung p3