Old 3rd October 2010, 14:08   #1
Keev

Samsung Galaxy S + Portable device issue

When I connect my Samsung Galaxy S mobile using an USB cable, WinAmp detects the device, but lists it as two empty labeled drives in the "Portables" list (see attached screenshot). These seems to represent the two available storage units (internal and external memory), but if I select one (again see screenshot), the information is all wrong. While the 676 mp3 files are correct, it clearly does not read the data, nor is it able to see the files properly as shown in the playlist window. It also claims that the drive is full.

I don't know if this is related to the way the phone presents the drives to Windows. Instead of two separate drives, it is listed as a single "GT-I9000" unit in explorer. When clicking it, the two drives Phone and Card are then listed.

I'm using WinAmp 5.581.

Does anyone have a suggestion to what might be the problem? Thank you in advance.

[Edit]
Never mind. I finally found a place on the phone where I could set the connection mode. It was set to Samsung's Kies application. After changing it to USB storage, everything is working.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	GalaxySIssue.jpg
Views:	345
Size:	159.4 KB
ID:	47651  

Last edited by Keev; 3rd October 2010 at 16:48. Reason: Issue resolved
Keev is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support

Tags
phone, portables, samsung galaxy s, sync, usb