Old 29th October 2011, 08:14   #1
kbk24

Itunes, XML file, Doubles in Media Library

Hello,

I have decided to make the transition from iTunes to WinAmp and now in the process of transferring all of my music from one to the other. Ideally I would like to be able to delete absolutely everything to do with iTunes and have WinAmp take over the storage and organization. Before I can get to that, I am having trouble with getting the XML file over, playlists and my media.

First things first though, and to make it more complicated, I have iTunes on the laptop, and all the music on the harddrive. Which means all my song info and playlist info is on the computer and not on the harddrive, unless I have messed something up for placement of files.

I can easily get all of my music into the Media Library but they don't come with the song ratings and playcounts which is important for me. I can easily get all the playcounts and rating into the Media Library with the XML file, but then I end up with doubles.

Sooo...if there is a way I can better organize my iTunes junk to help WinAmp get it all the information I want, if I should move all the music and information to the computer (and if it can be done safely without any corruption of library/playlist information) or if I should do something else.

On a similar note, should I just install WinAmp onto my harddrive? I wouldn't be using it without the harddrive as that is where all the music is of course.
kbk24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2011, 09:48   #2
MrSinatra
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to MrSinatra
did u try clearing the ML, importing the XML file, and THEN scanning in the music via watch folders with "remove duplicates" checked?

maybe your xml file and your windows location don't agree?

PENN STATE Radio or http://www.LION-Radio.org/
--
BUG #1 = Winamp skips short tracks
Wish #1 = Multiple Column Sorting
Wish #2 = Add TCMP/Compilation editing
MrSinatra is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support

Tags
doubles, harddrive, itunes, xml