Old 6th January 2014, 11:16   #1
Victor82

Move a song in a playlist

I have a playlist of all my music. I have 4000 songs aprox.. When I add a song to the list, if I want to put it in number 800 for example, i have to select the song and drag it to the 800 position on the list, which is a bummer.

Is there any way to move the new songs you add in your playlist into a particular slot number? Because when you add a new song, appears last on the list.

Thank you.
Victor82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2014, 13:30   #2
Aminifu
Forum King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor82 View Post
Is there any way to move the new songs you add in your playlist into a particular slot number? Because when you add a new song, appears last on the list.
Directly no, the default is to add files to the end of the playlist.

But if you are using the context menu in Windows Explorer to enqueue files in a playlist, you can change the default to add the selected file(s) after the currently playing file in the playlist. Look in the General Preferences - File Types - Shell Options.

Within the Playlist Editor, you can use the "Send to:" context menu command "Move after current playlist item" to move 1 or more selected files to another location in the listing instead of dragging them. For example, select the file in slot 799 (or start it playing), then scroll to the end of the list (or to any other file in the listing) and right click on the file there and select the indicated send to command, and it will be moved to slot 800.

Likewise, the 'move after current' commands in the playlist's "Jump to File" window and the "Queue Manager" window can be used to rearrange files in a playlist.

Files selected in Windows Explorer can be added to (and played from) the queue instead of the playlist editor (another default option change), rearranged and then added to the listing in the playlist editor. Files in the playlist editor can be added to the queue, then removed from listing, rearranged in the queue, and then moved back to the listing.

Winamp Pro v5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen v1.0 by Victhor skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit v1809 desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2014, 17:21   #3
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

Just drag+drop it from Explorer or Media Library to the desired position in the playlist.
DJ Egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2014, 18:25   #4
Victor82

Many thanks!
Victor82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support