Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support

Old 26th April 2010, 07:13   #1
Cytrog

SHOUTcast TV streaming in Winamp Pro 5.572 and Win7 not working right

On my old system using the free version of Winamp, everything worked fine. That system used Windows 2000 on an ASUS P4S800 mobo, an Intel Celeron 2.4Ghz processor, 1 GB RAM and a Nvidia GeForce2 MX400. Now I have Windows 7(x86) running on an ASUS P5KPL-AM EPU mobo, an Intel Pentium Dual-Core E6500 2.93Ghz processor, 4 GBs RAM and a Nvidia GeForce 8400 GS. Hardware is not a problem for anything as far as I can tell.

I upgraded to the paid version of Winamp 5.572 when I went to Win7. Now, when playing SHOUTcast TV, it doesn't stream properly for some reason. The video streaming seems to use all of the resources allocated for Winamp. I say that because on the old system, I could move around Winamp and do stuff (like editing playlists) while streaming from SHOUTcast TV. Now I can't do much of anything. I can't even get an immediate response to clicking on the 'Stop' button. There is no problem with SHOUTcast Radio streaming, playing videos from disk or playing music from disk. Just the SHOUTcast TV streaming is a problem.

Windows 7 was a fresh install on a new hard drive and Winamp was the first app that I installed. This problem has been there from the beginning. Of course, more apps have since been installed.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what I can do to resolve this, or know where I can ask? I reported this problem to Winamp via Help/Send Feedback and received an automated repsonse. Don't expect to hear from them with an answer, so I'm asking here.

Thanks.
Cytrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support