Old 10th August 2012, 21:22   #1
kakehavata

My station doesn't broadcast any sound

Hi all,
First of all I've had a station before and it worked fine for a long time so I'm not a newbie. I hadn't used it in a couple of months and now I tried to turn it on. I get the usual:
[yp_add] yp.shoutcast.com added me successfully
<08/10/12@23:08:11> [yp_tch] yp.shoutcast.com touched!

So that's no problem... However, I cannot enter my administration page at all, like it isn't there. Secondly, there is no sound playing from my station although it is on the Shoutcast website. I seriously don't know where the problem is...

I'd be very thankful if you'd help me out. I'm a DJ and do live mixes on this radio, it's really cool!
kakehavata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2012, 00:17   #2
DrO

how are you checking it's not giving any audio? i.e. what player.
have you checked that the volume on the source isn't set very low?

how were you able to get the log line if you're not finding the admin page? which leads on to how much access to the DNAS server do you have?

that should at least be a few things for anyone else seeing this over the weekend to get an idea of your setup if they want to help (as i'm now clocking off for the weekend).

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2012, 13:30   #3
kakehavata

I am checking it through the player on Shoutcast's webpage and I am absolutely certain there is no sound (asked friends to doublecheck that as well). Also, I am certain that there are songs playing through winamp and that the plug-in is set up to broadcast from winamp (not soundcard).
I didn't get the log line from the admin page, but from the DNAS. By admin page I mean http://[ip]:[port]
The only 'access' that I do have is the real time DNAS I start, which shows me all the information I need: my connection to the Shoutcast server, listeners count, etc.
What is most peculiar is that my station shows up on the SHoutcast website but doesn't produce sound; I mean, if it didn't show up at all, I would probably figure out where the problem in my setup is.
Old 12th August 2012, 13:34   #4
kakehavata

Important!

I just figured out I'm using a rather old setup of Shoutcast. I mean, I think I'm with DNAS 1.98 or something, because I have not registered and/or received an authetication key and I haven't been asked for one by the DNAS... However, it was long after the BETA version for the new DNAS had come, that I still used the old setup, so I thought it wouldn't be a problem now.
Old 12th August 2012, 21:38   #5
DrO

the version of the DNAS should not be a problem. really i'd need to have a link to the DNAS or site listing to be able to check and see if there's anything obvious about it which would explain the issue.

-daz
Old 16th September 2012, 17:45   #6
kakehavata

When?

When will you be online, so I can start my radio station?
Old 21st September 2012, 22:18   #7
kakehavata

No sound in station?

Hi all,
I am posting this once again as I did a couple of months ago as I did not receive any help and abandoned the topic.

I hadn't used shoutcast in a couple of months and now I tried to turn it on. I get the usual:
[yp_add] yp.shoutcast.com added me successfully
[yp_tch] yp.shoutcast.com touched!

However, I cannot enter my administration page (By admin page I mean http://[ip]:[port]) at all, like it isn't there. Secondly, there is no sound playing from my station although it is on the Shoutcast website. I seriously don't know where the problem is... It turns up on the website, but clicking the start button simply doesn't work.

Once again, I am absolutely sure the problem isn't the source of the sound (winamp or external)

I'll have it up all night if someone wants to see what I mean: http://www.shoutcast.com/shoutcast_p...stn=BreakPause

Can you help me?
Old 21st September 2012, 23:21   #8
DrO

it was only a month ago that you first posted and never provided any details for anyone to look into it at the time - that is why i and others never followed up on it.

now that i have a link to test, i've tried it and it doesn't work via the site player. if i try it in Winamp or VLC then it does play _but_ it buffers every few seconds (which is likely to be that your network cannot support a 320kbps stream).

additionally, it reports that it's a v1 DNAS but it doesn't provide a /index.html page so either you (or your host) have got something in place which prevents normal HTTP traffic or you're using a hacked DNAS - what is going on is causing the site player to not be allowed to connect to the stream when direct client connections are able to work.

as such, you (or your host) need to check things with the network setup as the stream can play but everything else points at a mis-configuration of the network or using a hacked DNAS (if it's determined to be the later then you'd be banned from listing on the site).

[edit]
i've just tried in Internet Explorer and that is able to access things. really you need to be on a sensible port rather than using 6000 i.e. use 8000 or higher as Firefox restricts access to pages on port 6000 now that i've properly seen the errors. so it's a mis-configuration of the port used which is causing the main issues, followed by a lack of upstream bandwidth.

-daz
Old 22nd September 2012, 08:15   #9
kakehavata

Thanks

Thank you so much! You're right that in the last topic I didn't specify many details. The station is up and running and I can do my Real time DJing again! I simply changed the port number to 9000 and everything works: I can access the admin page and Shoutcast plays my stream. Thanks again!
Old 5th October 2012, 06:52   #10
NCIRradio

I am a newbie to shoutcast and winamp.I have been told you can broadcast LIVE with Shoutcast.I use winamp through shoutcast on Sundays to stream gospel music to my server and everything works fine.What are the settings on shoutcast for playing mp3 files off my computer Through my 16 channel mixer which will feed music and microphone.Setting in mp3 mode plays off winamp.The only other setting in shoutcast is ADTS-AAC ENCODER.When set to this encoder,I get nothing to the server.I'm running Windows XP Pro and the soundcard is a SOUNDMAX audio card. I have tried the soundmax setup in control panel as well as codec.My USB device is a TASCAM US-100. Any help for this greenhorn?
NCIRradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Technical Support

Tags
connection, sound, station, turns up