Old 24th November 2004, 03:42   #1
Blood_God

sleep timer/wake up timer

Just a little feature I would like is sleep timer where the music automatically stops at an assigned time limit and wake up at an assigned time. Oh and one more thing, I don't know if this is possible but it would be really cool if the sleep timer automatically turns of your computer and wake up timer automatically turns on your computer and starts playing. That would be a neat feature!
Blood_God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2004, 08:27   #2
MostAwesomeDude

Send a message via AIM to MostAwesomeDude
Isn't there already a plugin like that?

"Be excellent to each other." ~ Bill & Ted
Member of the ml_www project.
4G 20GB iPod w/ Winamp 5.05 and ml_ipod 1.12
MostAwesomeDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2004, 01:19   #3
elraton

Yeah there is a plugin like and it work quiet well ... but it could be better cause we always have to put the time for sleep... t shold just remember !!!!!
elraton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2004, 01:20   #4
Jonatron

Why not use Windows' task scheduler? You could have a task that wakes up the computer (providing it's not really off ) and runs "winamp.exe /Play WakeUp.mp3" or whatever the command-line is; and you could set "stop the task if it runs for x minutes".
Jonatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2004, 05:18   #5
thedevilyouknow

Does anyone know what the actual wake-up plugin is? If such a plugin exists. It seems to me that this would be such a useful function that it should be part of the program. I downloaded some other program that lets you pick an MP3 to wake up to, but I prefer Winamp to play my tunes...

Any help?
thedevilyouknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2004, 05:50   #6
electricmime
Major Dude

there are tons of plugins... though i think the plugin database thing is down right now(it doesnt find any results for anything)

though when it starts working again, a search for 'timer' or 'alarm' or 'wake up' or something will probably give you what you need..

on a side-note(and i dont remember where i thought i heard this) but did dro say he was working on an alarm plugin.. or just the timer thing for jtfe... i know he hasnt had any time lately, but i couldnt remember if he had once said he was thinking about creating one >.>

There is no reset button on life... but the graphics kick ass
electricmime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2004, 14:27   #7
thedevilyouknow

thanks dute,
i'll probably be able to find one once the database gets going again.... i was wondering wtf was going on
thedevilyouknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Wishlist