Old 16th February 2008, 22:23   #1
Rapid960

1 listener can NOT tune in,,,,,,drivin me NUTS

Hey All,,,,here is my problem,,,I have a listener,,,well not yet lol,,,,but I had him downlosd winamp,,, I then sent him the tune in links,,,,,it will not connect,,,I have tried everything I iknow to help him,,,,the player says connecting to Host,,,and thats all we can get,,,,its really starting to annoy the hell out of me,,,so if anyone has a suggestion it would be great, Thanks All,,,
Rapid

[edit --> anon moderator]
Assuming this is SHOUtcast related? Moving it from Winamp TS to SC-TS.
Rapid960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2008, 23:31   #2
Nunzio390
Nugatory Aluminator
Look it up

Send a message via AIM to Nunzio390 Send a message via Yahoo to Nunzio390
Just a "tad" bit off-topic here, but is each comma supposed to represent a stutter?

For instance, can this...

Hey All,,,,here is my problem,,,

be translated into this? ...

Hey All -duh- -duh- -duh- -duh- here is my problem -duh- -duh- -duh-

Just curious

OK. Now I'll leave and let one of your knowledgeable fellow SHOUTcasters respond to you. Bye!

Don't email or PM me concerning Winamp. Instead, either start a NEW TOPIC or post a REPLY in the appropriate thread in these forums. This will also benefit others who may have a similar question or problem. But before posting, please first Search the forums and read all FAQs and all Sticky threads.

ORB Remote Broadcast

[ Automated Jukebox | Nunzio's Home | Wacky Videos | Solve the Prunella Puzzle! ]
[ LINE RIDER! | My Resume | Virtual Chess | Composite Sketch | My Niece's Band ]
[ Plugins by Joonas | DrO's Winamp Plugins and Extras | K-Jöfol ]
Nunzio390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2008, 23:36   #3
Rapid960

This Is why I only come here as a last resort,your a funny guy,sorry I need a little help,I see it won't be from you!
Find a new hobby
Old 17th February 2008, 00:43   #4
fc*uk

Lolz Nunizo.

Rapid960: I'll bet you have nak errors in your dnas logs. You need to learn to setup port forwarding. Learn how to do that for your specific router at www.portforward.com .

Also, please understand that we do try to have some fun in these forums. People that help out here are not paid, and we do go on answering problems all day (at least some of us). All requests for help around here do go:

blah blah blah .... problems problems problems blah blah ... blah. Nunizo was simply adding some flare to the request, do not take it personally.

Remember, keep having fun
fc*uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2008, 00:56   #5
Rapid960

Thanks for your help FC*UK, ,sorry for the attitude,,,but I am in tha same boat in my business,,and its been one of those days, I try not to bother you guys with trivial BS, because I know you get it all day,but this one friend out of 30 or so, can not get tuned in,, its only him,,I'll try your suggestion, and again sorry for the attitude,,Have a great day

Rapid
Old 17th February 2008, 08:18   #6
poorman

If its just ONE person out of 30 that is having a problem you are in the clear. This guys computer probably has a firewall running that is blocking winamp from making the connection. See what happens if you turn the firewall off or allow all traffic. He may simply just need to put your stream's IP and port # in the trusted section on the firewall.
poorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2008, 20:43   #7
Rapid960

Thanks Poorman,,,I'll tell him that,

Rapid
Old 17th February 2008, 21:43   #8
fc*uk

Yeah, I would have to agree.

Are you doing something different with your stream like running aac+? The person that is having trouble needs to get the codecs for that. If it is normal mp3 stream, then they need to reinstall their mp3codec. One windows boxes, I am partial to the radium codec. On linux boxes, the person first needs to make sure that the mpg123 lib is installed as most distros leave this out. If it is installed, then they might need to update it.

I hope this helps you out some...
fc*uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2008, 19:26   #9
Rapid960

Hey fc*ck,Thanks for the imput,now I have more ppl that can not tune in, they say that the link is asking then to do a download, I have no clue, I have never experienced this before,I am putting the link here,maybe it will work for you,maybe not,I do thankyou for all your input.

Rapid
http://38.96.148.59:7058/listen.pls
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Technical Support