Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support

Old 5th July 2012, 05:21   #1
jdigital

"Play tracks in album" option no longer available in media library

I used to be able to right click on an item in list of tracks (in the Media Library, after doing a search), and see an option to play the associated album (I forget the exact wording).

I recently upgraded to 5.623, and this option has been replaced by an option to display the tracks for the associated album, so to play the album, I have to select all the tracks and add them to the playlist.

Is there any option to restore the previous behavior?

Thanks...
jdigital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2012, 07:42   #2
jdigital

I upgraded to 5.63 and the "problem" still exists. Any ideas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdigital View Post
I used to be able to right click on an item in list of tracks (in the Media Library, after doing a search), and see an option to play the associated album (I forget the exact wording).

I recently upgraded to 5.623, and this option has been replaced by an option to display the tracks for the associated album, so to play the album, I have to select all the tracks and add them to the playlist.

Is there any option to restore the previous behavior?

Thanks...
Old 7th July 2012, 09:45   #3
DrO

you're not by chance using a language pack? it might be best for you to provide a plug-ins list (http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....161361#plugins - which is required anyway as per the forum sticky threads) as it sounds like you've probably not installed everything needed for that feature (especially seems likely based on your other thread - http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....95#post2863995)

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2012, 17:56   #4
jdigital

I assumed that this was a change in WinAmp, but maybe not?? When you right click on a track, do you get see two "Play tracks..." menu choices or two "Display tracks..." menu choices (there's one choice for the album and one for the artist)?

I have attached my plugin list.

Thanks!
Attached Files
File Type: txt my_plugin_list.txt (19.9 KB, 88 views)
Old 26th July 2012, 06:30   #5
jdigital

Hi, I was hoping that someone might have a chance to look at my plugin list, or at least tell me if the behavior I'm experiencing is the norm. Thanks!
Old 26th July 2012, 07:08   #6
Aminifu
Forum King

Hi jdigital,

For what you have installed, the only thing I see is you don't have "Jump To File Extra v1.2.5 (Build 1160) [ML Interface]" listed under << Media Library plug-ins >>.

But I see the same context menu options that you do. I don't remember the option you are referring to. Since DrO seems to remember it, hopefully he will get back to you.

Winamp Pro v5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen v1.0 by Victhor skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit v1809 desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2012, 10:13   #7
DrO

now that i've had a proper check and also raked through the grey cell, i don't think there's much which can be done as there was a change of some of the menus a few versions back and i think those were dropped / changed to something else (probably the 'display tracks in this view...' ones).

-daz
Old 1st August 2012, 15:50   #8
jdigital

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrO View Post
now that i've had a proper check and also raked through the grey cell, i don't think there's much which can be done as there was a change of some of the menus a few versions back and i think those were dropped / changed to something else (probably the 'display tracks in this view...' ones).
I was afraid of that. Is there any way to request that the old menus be made available as an option?
Old 1st August 2012, 16:13   #9
DrO

as it was purposefully changed, i doubt it would be considered as something to be reverted or added in combination with the other changes (as this was done well over a year ago now).

-daz
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support