Old 5th June 2006, 18:27   #1
Fewstera

10.0.0.2 Problems! (Port Forwarding)

Hello and thank you very much for taking your time to read this and atempt to help me
Ok my problem is when i try to set my IP to a static IP in network settings on my iMac it says my IP is 10.0.0.2 And my router is 10.0.0.4 So when i try to change my IP to make it static it dosnt work because it does something to my router. I have tryed changing it to somethin like 193.231.25.6 and it doesn't work. And yes i am changing my router IP aswell
E.g
IP = 123.52.62.3
Router IP = 123.52.62.2

Can someone tell me whats wrong.
My ISP = PIPEX
Fewstera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2006, 18:38   #2
hackerdork
Forum King

what does this have to do with shoutcast support ? If you hav a router you need to port forward! www.portforward.com will show you how to setup forwarding. Working with static IP addresses on your operating system is up to you and the tech support for that OS, not shoutcast..

~ D

~ According to the ship's log we're down to our last 3000 vomit bags.It'll never be enough.
search the forums! don't PM me on how-to, or ask me to setup you system. you do it so you learn.
hackerdork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2006, 18:43   #3
Fewstera

Hmm i followed that URL to make IP static and it doesnt work
Fewstera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2006, 18:46   #4
hackerdork
Forum King

ummm that link is to help you configure your router to PORT forwarding, not static IP Address on your imac or pcs

You need to read the sticky posts so you can more information as well. lots of reading ahead of you.

~ D

~ According to the ship's log we're down to our last 3000 vomit bags.It'll never be enough.
search the forums! don't PM me on how-to, or ask me to setup you system. you do it so you learn.
hackerdork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2006, 18:46   #5
dotme

Okay - so back up a minute. You're running a DNAS on an iMac, right? (Didn't know you could do that - you learn something new every day).

When the iMac is using DHCP, what is it's IP address, subnet mask and gateway?

(BTW, PortForward does have instructions on setting a static IP)
dotme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2018, 17:15   #6
armxx048

you should have tried to reset the router. sometimes simply resetting the router to default settings will resolve the problem.
armxx048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2018, 20:51   #7
mikedods

From the Apple menu, select System Preferences.
Select Network. The window shown below appears.
From the sidebar, select an active network interface. In this example, I'm connected to a wireless network, so I'll select Wi-Fi.
Make a note of the current IP address assigned to your Mac. You'll need to select a new IP address from within the private IP address range listed. More on that in a minute.
Click Advanced.
Select TCP/IP. The window shown below appears.
From the Configure IPv4 menu, select Manually.
Enter a static IP address in the IPv4 Address field. What number should you enter? One method is to take your current IP address and change the last part of the number. In this example, my current dynamically-assigned IP address was 10.0.1.8, so I picked 10.0.1.129. I could have picked any address between 10.0.1.0 and 10.0.1.255, as long as the address was not already assigned to another device.
Click OK.
Click Apply.
mikedods is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Technical Support