Old 14th August 2011, 18:37   #1
ajai73

[SPLIT] Authhash Creation Issue - Deleted Authhash

HELP... CANT UPDATE HASH, AND KEEP GETTING INVALID HASH ERROR!

IN Shoutcast admin summary, updating hash is not working. it give me the error below:
Error Code: 470.
"Invalid authorization hash"

when i try to remove hash, it gives me the error below:
Error Code: 464.
"Authhash could not be found or removed"

Server is currently up and public (no YP connection)

THE ONLY OPTIONS I HAVE IN THAT SCREEN IS (UPDATE AUTHHASH AND REMOVE AUTHHASH) i guess it does recognize i do have a hash.
I am using the localhost settings on my own server as i have since the beginning. I started using the shoutcast version before the 3 months before the server migration started. in between that time shortly after it gave me that 470 error. and yp update freq missing /connection attempt failed. I waited until the updates now was available. I just uninstalled the old version and installed the most recent version shoutcast v2.0.0.29/win 32 posted on 7/11. I am using winamp also, and browser foxfire 4.0.1 v, which I used in the beginning with no problems. Still nothing is working. Is my hash still good or will they try to make me purchase another one.

Last edited by ajai73; 14th August 2011 at 18:41. Reason: ADDITIONS
ajai73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2011, 10:13   #2
DrO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajai73 View Post
I am using the localhost settings on my own server as i have since the beginning. I started using the shoutcast version before the 3 months before the server migration started. in between that time shortly after it gave me that 470 error. and yp update freq missing /connection attempt failed. ... Is my hash still good
I'm going to guess that your authhash was one of the ones which was lost in a database failure in May. You'd need to pm me the authhash so i can check if it was one of the ones or not. If it is one that was lost (which i can confirm once you've pm'd it to me) then you'd need to remove it from your config file and do a config reload via the 'reload' option on the admin.cgi page. If it isn't one that is invalid then i'd provide more information, etc based on what i know / find out about it.

Quote:
... or will they try to make me purchase another one.
where on earth have you gotten that idea from, authhashes to ensure the stream is your stream is a free process. the only thing which costs is the MP3 encoding unlock key for the Transcoder. getting listed in the YP is not a charged service.

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2011, 23:54   #3
ajai73

how do I get another auth hash
ajai73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2011, 21:37   #4
DrO

have split these posts out from http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?t=331394 now that the original issue has been resolved which was due to the authhash no longer existing (was one lost in a may db issue).

Quote:
how do I get another auth hash
it depends on what you need one for. if it's for the same stream format but at a different bitrate, you just need to connect that source to the DNAS and then the 'create authhash' option should appear on the admin summary page.

if you're wanting to do another stream in a different format, you can just copy+paste the existing authhash you have for the new stream, just manually entering streamid_X=X and streamauthhash_X (where X is the number of the stream).

if you're wanting to do a completely different stream / station, it's done in the same way just like if you want to stream in the same form, or just making sure that there's no authhashes specified in the new config file.

-daz
Old 13th January 2012, 14:14   #5
nnttoo

I have made Authhash before, but I made a mistake and pressing the remove authhas, when I try to make again authhash, I failed make it. and when i try to use the old authash, the response "invalid authash".
What should I do? please help me, thanks.
sorry I'm not accustomed to speaking English.
nnttoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2012, 14:37   #6
DrO

remove the old authhash from the config file, make sure to add streamid_1=1 and then restart the DNAS. you should then be able to create a new authhash without issues.

-daz
Old 13th January 2012, 16:54   #7
nnttoo

I've done like your suggestion, but still does not work, is there any chance, is there a limit? how many hours can be request authhash again?

or maybe there is a problem with chmod? whether to set 777 for config files?
Old 13th January 2012, 16:59   #8
DrO

the DNAS needs to have write access, otherwise it cannot save the authhash itself. if it cannot save the authhash into the config file when that happens you should see a message to indicate that was the case as well as what the authhash was so it can be manually added to the config file.

there is no limit (either number or time based) on the number of authhash which can be created.

-daz
Old 13th January 2012, 17:07   #9
nnttoo

message that appears is "Authhash was created and saved to the configuration file. You may need to wait up to 10 minutes for the authhash to be seen on all the YP servers."
but after I go back to "/ admin.cgi" link "create authhash" does not changed to "update authhash" as described in the wiki.

Is there another way to get authhash, so I can put it manually into the config file?
Old 13th January 2012, 17:10   #10
DrO

send me a pm with a copy of the contents of your config file please. though i've a feeling you're hitting a weird bug in the handling i've not seen before.

-daz
Old 13th January 2012, 17:24   #11
nnttoo

Ok. PM Sent, thanks
Old 13th January 2012, 17:29   #12
DrO

got it and there's no authhash at all in the file which would explain it acting in the way it does when you go back. might be an idea to run the DNAS as a higher user briefly to be able to try to save the authhash into the config file.

otherwise i can manually create an authhash (though it'd be better if it can be done via the DNAS) for you but would need the external IP of the DNAS to be able to lock it to your DNAS so you can edit the authhash details at a later time if needed. so if the first thing doesn't work then you'd need to pm me with all of the details which you've been entering in the DNAS and the external IP of the DNAS.

-daz
Old 13th January 2012, 17:47   #13
nnttoo

I am happy if you are willing to go into my server to see his condition, sorry to have inconvenienced.
I have been sending server IP number, via PM.
Old 13th January 2012, 17:57   #14
nnttoo

suddenly I managed to make authhash, just changed the browser to use mozilla, before I use chrome, whether it's just a coincidence or is there a problem with the browser chrome
Old 13th January 2012, 18:01   #15
DrO

ah, i'd created one and replied back to the pm you'd sent (best to check what i've said in the pm and if need be change the authhash used).

i think i've made changes since the build you're using to work better with Chrome though i don't remember it not working at all (as seems to have been the case you're seeing).

-daz
Old 13th January 2012, 18:26   #16
nnttoo

do i have to replace Authhash with which you send? or leave it like that I get?
Old 13th January 2012, 18:31   #17
DrO

use what you now have with the running setup as it's working and your station is showing up correctly in my reports.

-daz
Old 13th January 2012, 18:33   #18
nnttoo

Thank you for your help, sorry to have inconvenienced
Old 22nd December 2018, 14:55   #19
TPS107

Invalid authhash

I recently updated my station and moved to VPS. I used my authhash from my station setup and I get the error Invalid authhash. The only thing that changed is ny IP. I used the the authhash in my Shoutcast account and edited the sc_serv.conf on my server and it did'nt work.
TPS107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Technical Support