Old 6th November 2004, 19:57   #1
Maxp

Display HTML files in Media Library (Winamp 5?)

I know there are a couple of plugins which allow you to display an HTML file (which would reside in an album's folder) in the minibrowser....but these plugins don't seem to work with the Media Library in Winamp 5.
Does anyone know of something I can use to display HTML files? I'd like to have an HTML file of currently playing album information displayed.

Thanks for any help in this matter!
Maxp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2004, 21:27   #2
JonnyMac

What do you mean by “don't seem to work”? Taking a guess, it is the "Now Playing" feature overriding the plug-in(s). In that case, the plug-in(s) would have to be updated to include a "bypass Now Playing" option or something to that effect. It is up to the plug-in developer to update the plug-in. Support for third party plug-ins is not provided in WA Forums.

Maybe this...
1. Ctrl+P
2. General Preferences > Media Library
3. Library Options tab
4. Checkmark 'Do not allow media to automatically switch to "Now Playing"'
I am rather doubtful about that setting though. The option is for when the Now Playing (AKA MiniBrowser) window is not in focus.

Please do not PM me for tech support. Any request for tech support through PM will be ignored.
Read the Stickies
---> | | | | <--- Knowledge is power
JonnyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2004, 22:18   #3
Maxp

Thanks for the advice! Although it still doesn't work (by which I mean the 'now playing' window is just black.)
I'm using HTML Viewer v1.2, as well as another which had the same effect.

I didn't realize you shouldn't post about third-party plugins here. Sorry.
Old 7th November 2004, 00:36   #4
JonnyMac

What I meant, was we can not provide tech support for 3rd party plug-ins, because that goes beyond the scope of Winamp forums and also third party plug are not represented by Nullsoft/Winamp.

Do you get a black page with another skin?

Have you tried adjusting the options with the plug-ins in question?

Make sure Winamp's internet settings (Ctrl+P > General Preferences) correctly reflect your connection.

If you have a firewall make sure Winamp has full access.

If you disable or uninstall the plug-in(s), do you still get a black page? Are you able to see Now Playing's own media info page?
Old 7th November 2004, 08:07   #5
Maxp

I get the black page with any skin.

I've tried changing the options in the plugin.

If I disable the plugin, the 'now playing' feature works.

I guess I thought it wasn't working because the plugins were designed to work with the Winamp 2 minibrowser - so I thought the Media Library might be coded differently so the plugin can't find it, or something.

I'll keep trying...

Thanks for your help!
Old 7th November 2004, 14:50   #6
JonnyMac

Ok, then you might want to contact the plug-in developer for updates. AFAIK the biggest change to the MiniBrowser, is that it was incorporated in to the Media Library from Winamp 5.0. Good Luck
Old 7th November 2004, 17:50   #7
Maxp

I wonder if anyone else has this problem? Anyone care to test it? The link to the plugin is here:
http://www.winamp.com/plugins/details.php?id=97638

You just need to have an .html file in the same folder as your currently playing song, and the plugin activated...it should then display that html file in the 'now playing' section of the media library.
Old 7th November 2004, 18:39   #8
Maxp

I'm thinking that maybe the problem is that the plugin can't find the minibrowser now that it's buried within Media Library.
I've tried contacting the developers, but so far no reply. I'll post back here if I hear anything.
Old 17th December 2004, 20:53   #9
JW

I use the same plugin. I have to have Winamp configured to have no internet connection available, and then it works perfectly (I'm loading local HTML files directly from my playlists). The only thing I can't get to work in WA5 from WA2 is the "Remove files from playlist" option.
JW is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support