Old 28th August 2002, 20:03   #1
Swert109

Send a message via AIM to Swert109 Send a message via Yahoo to Swert109
Winamp 2 Skins and wtf went wrong

WTF happened to downloading skins for Winamp 2? honestly, it could be my fed up comp, but still, when you guys got newer sh!t like Winamp3, and moved Winamp 2 to a different local, it messed up the place. Now, I am a skinner (Sebastian Logan, author of WeirdAMP, WWFAMP, GnR, and the Metallica series, or mine at least) and I want others to enjoy the skins cause 1) Winamp3 sux, I've tried it, and 2) Winamp 2 is what we enjoy. I use WMP for vids, and Winamp for MP3s, but now with Winamp3, I get to use one program that takes up too much fin space! Oh, and if you think I'm dissin on Winamp3, your god damn right. -SL
Swert109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2002, 23:07   #2
sHoTTiE

Re: Winamp 2 Skins and wtf went wrong

Quote:
Originally posted by Swert109
and I want others to enjoy the skins cause 1) Winamp3 sux, I've tried it, and 2) Winamp 2 is what we enjoy.
k, firstly thats YOUR opinion, yes i dont really like wa3 also, but i dont come to the forums to complain. wa3 is out, whats done is done. second, someone must disagree with you, cuz someone must like wa3 enough to download it, and find/make the skins for it. go ahead and diss all you want, but i dont see what that would do.

btw, i just saw your skins, and i dont know why your complaining, theyre all skinner.exe skins anyway.
sHoTTiE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2002, 23:15   #3
_Blackdog_
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to _Blackdog_
you can still download wa2 skins. you dont like wa3? great, we dont give a fuck.
_Blackdog_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2002, 23:26   #4
caz
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to caz
yup yup what he said ^
caz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2002, 23:38   #5
e-raser
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to e-raser Send a message via AIM to e-raser
if its reaching the masses that is your intreast learn wa3 skinning
i'm trying to make a job out of doing stuff like this so i'm forcing myself to learn wa3. pple naturaly go for the next thing, the newer thing (even if it isn't the better thing)
what do you think pple are going to do, go back to the classic site? the golden age of wa2 skinnig and plugin support are over. pple are moving on so either do it for your self (skinning) or get on the boat with the rest of use and start learning xml and maki
e-raser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2002, 23:38   #6
Namelessv1
Forum King

Sheesh, the bitching and complaining never ends.
Namelessv1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2002, 23:40   #7
e-raser
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to e-raser Send a message via AIM to e-raser
and will i'm at it i'm anouncing my first wa3 skin that i've gust started, "the cyborg pickle"
thats all i'm giving away for now, enjoy
e-raser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2002, 04:13   #8
dude883
Major Dude

blahblahblah, winamp 3 is too complicated for me, blah blah resources blah, that's why winamp 3 sucks blah. What is wrong with you people? If you don't like wa3, then DON'T USE IT. what's the big deal? nullsoft even decided to keep wa2 alive with classic.winamp.com , so I don't really see the point you are making. no need to complain in here.

anyways, my wa3 skin projects are in my sig.
dude883 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2002, 12:16   #9
Reanimation

Quote:
Originally posted by _Blackdog_
you can still download wa2 skins. you dont like wa3? great, we dont give a fuck.

Perfectly put bd.
Reanimation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2002, 14:09   #10
PeaceMaker
Major Dude

Send a message via Yahoo to PeaceMaker
hey i thoughs winamp3 would be shit too.. but ever since i got a pc upgrade (wa3 runs like a dream) i dont think ill skin wa2 for much longer, id rather use wa3 anyday. like someone said already its pretty hard to design a skin (unless u have some bit of talent) then find someone else to help coding it (mainly maki), this is why u probably think it sucks. if ur not prepared to have a go (even if u fail) then go cry somewhere else. im sure they'd prefer to listen
PeaceMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2002, 18:56   #11
dam
Forum King

Send a message via Yahoo to dam
Quote:
Originally posted by PeaceMaker
hey i thoughs winamp3 would be shit too.. but ever since i got a pc upgrade (wa3 runs like a dream) i dont think ill skin wa2 for much longer, id rather use wa3 anyday. like someone said already its pretty hard to design a skin (unless u have some bit of talent) then find someone else to help coding it (mainly maki), this is why u probably think it sucks. if ur not prepared to have a go (even if u fail) then go cry somewhere else. im sure they'd prefer to listen
Agreed 100%. My thought exactly.
dam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2002, 22:00   #12
Atmo
The Freak
(Forum King)

Quote:
WTF happened to downloading skins for Winamp 2? honestly, it could be my fed up comp, but still, when you guys got newer sh!t like Winamp3, and moved Winamp 2 to a different local, it messed up the place.
Let me see if i understand this. Youre not getting as many downloads on your winamp2 skins as you used to so now youre pissed off with winamp3??

Dont blame wa3, blame the people that are just too plain lazy to click a couple of links to get to the wa2 skins section.

Still, eventually wa3 skins will go the same way as wa2 skins...

My advice: Start making 6,400 x 3,460 wallpapers...Will be at least a few years before widescreens come out in that resolution..
Atmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2002, 06:59   #13
StillWater
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by _Blackdog_
you dont like wa3? great, we dont give a fuck.
My arse you don't. Some of you care a bit too much, I think. In half of the posts on this thread, the bitching and moaning was as bad and as pointless as in Swert109's post.

Sow a thought, reap an action; sow an action, reap a habit; sow a habit, reap a character; sow a character, reap a destiny.

All my skins: @ winamp.com @ 1K1WS @ Deviantart.com

My latest Flash Project: BreathingEarth.net

Last edited by StillWater; 30th August 2002 at 07:19.
StillWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2002, 08:33   #14
PeaceMaker
Major Dude

Send a message via Yahoo to PeaceMaker
Quote:
Originally posted by ¤db¤
My arse you don't. Some of you care a bit too much, I think. In half of the posts on this thread, the bitching and moaning was as bad and as pointless as in Swert109's post.
we're just settin the facts straight, i think he got our point.
PeaceMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2002, 16:47   #15
_Blackdog_
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to _Blackdog_
Quote:
okay, maybe i should have said i dont give a fuck
_Blackdog_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2002, 01:16   #16
Cleanup
The WWYD Jerk
(Forum King)

Does this thread have a point? Why hasn't it been closed yet?
Cleanup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2002, 16:11   #17
Swert109

look, I agree that what I said was POINTLESS, but it was to state that to skin Winamp3 would take more than MS Paint and a REALLY fuckin fast processor to churn this shit out to the i-net, but it still remains that I finally pulled my head out of my ass and upgraded to both XP Pro and (oh my god) Winamp3. So my troubles of no good shit from WA3 is over. So now we can bs about what's really important....when is Nullsoft gonna put GOOD music videos up on their site? -SL
Old 29th September 2002, 17:42   #18
dude883
Major Dude

happy happy joy joy, let's rename winamp.com to winampster.com! great idea buddy! :P
Old 29th September 2002, 19:22   #19
xenosomething
Major Dude

wait a sec...

i thought this was the "skin love" forum?
xenosomething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2002, 19:27   #20
StillWater
Forum King

Well, I agree that it doesn't have anything to do with skins, but I'm with Swert109 about the videos. I love music videos, and winamp.com hosting music videos seems to be one of the more exciting things about winamp 3, but everytime I've looked, the videos (well the bands, anyway) seem to be pretty mediocre.

Sow a thought, reap an action; sow an action, reap a habit; sow a habit, reap a character; sow a character, reap a destiny.

Old 29th September 2002, 20:44   #21
Cleanup
The WWYD Jerk
(Forum King)

Quote:
look, I agree that what I said was POINTLESS, but it was to state that to skin Winamp3 would take more than MS Paint and a REALLY fuckin fast processor to churn this shit out to the i-net, but it still remains that I finally pulled my head out of my ass and upgraded to both XP Pro and (oh my god) Winamp3. So my troubles of no good shit from WA3 is over. So now we can bs about what's really important....when is Nullsoft gonna put GOOD music videos up on their site? -SL
Probably, but I'm an MSPaint skinner. It works wonders. Now go away.
Old 30th September 2002, 03:08   #22
BlueBalls
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by dude883
blahblahblah, winamp 3 is too complicated for me, blah blah resources blah, that's why winamp 3 sucks blah. What is wrong with you people? If you don't like wa3, then DON'T USE IT. what's the big deal? nullsoft even decided to keep wa2 alive with classic.winamp.com , so I don't really see the point you are making. no need to complain in here.

anyways, my wa3 skin projects are in my sig.
dude883, have i told you lately that i love you?

me likes the satellite/bug thingy winamp3 project and that circular dragon skin is probably the only circle skin ill download for winamp3 nice work with those

...//Oxidise.org - Coming Soon...
...//Breedart.org - Skin Division Member...
...//deviantART; blueballs - My devPage...
BlueBalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2002, 03:27   #23
dude883
Major Dude

hehe, thanks
sorry, you have to wait for my second wa3 skin, I didn't even finish the interface graphics and I don't have a coder...
Old 30th September 2002, 06:47   #24
Adaman44

I think it's kinda BS too, it's like impossible to find WA2 skins now, they could at least make a section just for WA2 skins...
Adaman44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2002, 08:01   #25
Mr Jones
Nothing to say...

Quote:
Originally posted by Adaman44
I think it's kinda BS too, it's like impossible to find WA2 skins now, they could at least make a section just for WA2 skins...
See that big number 2 at the top of the page, where it says... "looking for winamp2"

Guess what.
http://classic.winamp.com/skins

wooooo
Mr Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2002, 13:47   #26
dude883
Major Dude

i'd suggest an animated gif... I'm being serious.
Old 30th September 2002, 15:37   #27
Adaman44

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr Jones

See that big number 2 at the top of the page, where it says... "looking for winamp2"

Guess what.
http://classic.winamp.com/skins

wooooo
ah, i see now =p
Adaman44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2002, 02:28   #28
Cleanup
The WWYD Jerk
(Forum King)

Quote:
Originally posted by dude883
i'd suggest an animated gif... I'm being serious.
Good idea. Make the two exclamation marks appear in order, and repeat the process. But make them bigger/brighter/more noticable.

And with the giant 3, make an animation of a few of the bits and pieces flying about.
Old 1st October 2002, 03:46   #29
dude883
Major Dude

this should be an animation CONTEST!
Old 1st October 2002, 06:59   #30
StillWater
Forum King

It's a good idea, but I really doubt that Nullsoft/AOL want to draw too much attention to Winamp 2. They still support it of course, so as not to alienate the die-hard fans, but the last thing they want to be doing is encouraging people to use an old version of winamp which is considered out-of-date and behind its competitors. That's why they made it considerably harder to get to the winamp 2 section than the winamp 3 section. That's my theory, anyway.

Old 1st October 2002, 07:12   #31
skinme!
Forum King

Quote:
That's why they made it harder to get to the winamp 2 section than the winamp 3 section. That's my theory, anyway.
Yes, the conspiracy is there!

I admit their focus will be on Winamp3, but suggesting they made it harder to get to Winamp2 in order that we cease to use Winamp2 is slighlty ridiculous. Firstly, it's piss easy. A gorilla has a fairly good chance of getting there (on a small scrn size ) Secondly, if it weren't split into two sections, it would be appalling web design. Keeping the two products seperate is very important for the n00bies.

He had decided to live forever, or die in the attempt
In America - a must see film
skinme! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2002, 07:16   #32
Mr_Tough_Guy
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by skinme!

Yes, the conspiracy is there!

I admit their focus will be on Winamp3, but suggesting they made it harder to get to Winamp2 in order that we cease to use Winamp2 is slighlty ridiculous. Firstly, it's piss easy. A gorilla has a fairly good chance of getting there (on a small scrn size ) Secondly, if it weren't split into two sections, it would be appalling web design. Keeping the two products seperate is very important for the n00bies.
Maybe gorillas are just smarter then the average winamp user, cause for some reason lot's have people had trouble finding the winamp 2 section, and not one of them a gorilla
Mr_Tough_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2002, 18:47   #33
Swert109

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr_Tough_Guy

Maybe gorillas are just smarter then the average winamp user, cause for some reason lot's have people had trouble finding the winamp 2 section, and not one of them a gorilla
Now to THAT, I agree.
Old 10th October 2002, 19:03   #34
StillWater
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by skinme!
I admit their focus will be on Winamp3, but suggesting they made it harder to get to Winamp2 in order that we cease to use Winamp2 is slighlty ridiculous. Firstly, it's piss easy. A gorilla has a fairly good chance of getting there (on a small scrn size)
See Mr Tough Guy's post. I've seen at least 3 or 4 people come here asking where the skins are. Now these are the people that bothered to come ask the question, and actually found their way into the forums. And don't tell me you haven't noticed the huge fall in WA2 skin downloads. C'mon. Of course it's piss easy, but the point is that it's piss easier to get the WA3 stuff, so a lot of people don't bother making the effort - what for?

Quote:
) Secondly, if it weren't split into two sections, it would be appalling web design. Keeping the two products seperate is very important for the n00bies.
You missed the point entirely. It's not that they're in two sections. It's that those two sections are weighted very differently. Firstly, when you type winamp.com, which section do you go to? Secondly, what's plastered right at the top of the winamp2 section? A big advertisement for Winamp 3. The main reason for all this is that the typical user doesn't give a shit about the details - s/he just wants a cool program to play music on. So when they type winamp.com and end up with WA3 in their face - that's enough! They've got a music player, skins, etc. what more could they want? If AOL/Nullsoft didn't wave WA3 in the face of the average user, they'd be stupid. You just don't encourage your customers to use your out-of-date products. You just don't - it would be retarded.

Old 10th October 2002, 20:08   #35
skinme!
Forum King

Quote:
The main reason for all this is that the typical user doesn't give a shit about the details - s/he just wants a cool program to play music on. So when they type winamp.com and end up with WA3 in their face - that's enough! They've got a music player, skins, etc. what more could they want? If AOL/Nullsoft didn't wave WA3 in the face of the average user, they'd be stupid. You just don't encourage your customers to use your out-of-date products. You just don't - it would be retarded.
I totally agree.

I don't really remember what my point was. Oh well.

At the mo, I running WA2.x:

a) coz I'm devving

b) coz I'm running a shoutcast station for my friend

c) coz I got multiple versions open

d) coz I got multiple windows open

e) there's better skins

He had decided to live forever, or die in the attempt
In America - a must see film
skinme! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2002, 21:57   #36
Swert109

now that we see that WA2 has better skins, THERE GOES THE POINT OF THIS ONE TOPIC! GOODBYE! SO LONG! HAVE FUN!
Old 31st December 2002, 19:13   #37
Swert109

Quote:
now that we see that WA2 has better skins, THERE GOES THE POINT OF THIS ONE TOPIC! GOODBYE! SO LONG! HAVE FUN!
I was kidding...anyone can still post topics...and hey, it was funny no matter what was said...and I haven't checked lately, has Nullsoft gotten any better music videos?
Old 31st December 2002, 19:40   #38
Cleanup
The WWYD Jerk
(Forum King)

Go away. *Cries*
Old 31st December 2002, 20:02   #39
Swert109

Quote:
Go away. *Cries*
how bout no, Cleanup. My thread, my rules
Attached Images
File Type: gif wm.gif (24.4 KB, 105 views)
Old 1st January 2003, 00:17   #40
Mr Jones
Nothing to say...

Quote:
how bout no, Cleanup. My thread, my rules
I wouldn't lay money on that....
Mr Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Skinning and Design > Classic Skins