Old 20th November 2007, 22:06   #1
RazzaDazzla

Auto-Tag - Album Artist Issues

OK,

Auto-tag seems great! can auto fill in all my id3v2 tags, awesome!

But the issue I seem to be having is with the Album Artist Field, especially in terms of compilation CDs.

E.g. Ministry of Sound CDs. I'd like artist to be the artist of the track, track be the title of the track and album artist be Ministry Of Sound (since MoS made the album)

Now, sometimes Auto-tag does this as I would expect, other times it fills album artist in with "various artists". What F*&KING good is Various artist???????????????

The most frustrating thing is, one album, disc one tagged album artists as "minsitry of sound" and disc two was tagged as "various artist" in the album artist field!

This just seems ridiculous.

Is there an option, that when I send files to the Auto-tagger, I can manually edit the "album Artist" field before i click apply changes?

I know I can use a third party multiple file ID3v2 tagging program, but hey, wouldn't it be awesome to just use winamp?
RazzaDazzla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2007, 08:28   #2
cs188

Send a message via AIM to cs188
After the changes are made, you can go back and shift-select all songs, right click > File Info and do a batch edit of all ID3 tags, one song right after the other. It might be a little tedious, but hey, it's a fairly quick fix, and it'll be worth it, especially if you want a pristine audio collection (like me).

Sorry that I don't really know of any other solutions at the moment, besides doing a manual fix.

- cs188
cs188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support