Old 10th March 2009, 16:31   #1
Warrior of the Light
Forum King

keycapturing / changing

You all know the feeling you get that when you're at a key point in a game, you're completely focussed and then.. you accidentally hit the windows key and you're booted back to windows, removing every possible chance for victory.

There are thousands of keyloggers available on the internet, but what I want is not a logger, but more something like a 'forwarding' tool for keys and keycombo's
(for me specifically: the winkey and alt+esc to be inactive).

Does any of you know of a free tool that can do this? it doesn't sound too difficult but I can't find it anywhere.

(I'd post this in the GC, but I figured I'd get more views here)

Jesus loves you [yes, you] so much, he even died for you so that you will not need to die, but live forever
Warrior of the Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2009, 19:30   #2
Widdykats
The Forum Slut

Does this help at all
or Tame?
Widdykats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2009, 20:53   #3
PulseDriver
w3 addict
(Major Dude)

Autohotkey

There's a program called autohotkey, it runs small scripts which can do quite much. I am sure that will be able to handle your problem.

I am using this program to route some special keys on my keyboard since logitech's software is llame

And the scripts starts running once you just double-click on them. Tray-icon is optional and once you're done playing you can just go to tray and close the script. Should be pretty easy way to handle it imo.

http://www.autohotkey.com/

Install the little program that enables you to run these scripts and then take the following code:

code:

Lwin::return
Rwin::return

Copy and paste it to a file called disable_winkeys.ahk or something like that. (AHK is assosiated with Autohotkey once it's installed, all you need to do is to either double-click the file itself, or just make a shortcut to it.

09 F9 11 01 9D 74 E8 5B D8 41 56 C3 63 56 81 C0

Last edited by PulseDriver; 10th March 2009 at 21:22.
PulseDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2009, 07:03   #4
Paul_Bags
Major Dude

It can also be done via the registry, although it requires reboot to initialize: http://johnhaller.com/jh/useful_stuf...e_windows_key/
I haven't used that method in quite awhile.

Autohotkey would be my choice though, I also use it to remap special keys. Add !{esc}::return to kill alt+esc as well (I think...)
Paul_Bags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2009, 11:22   #5
P$ycHo™
Flakmonkey!

my Saitek Cyborg keyboard disables windows key in gaming mode, and the G15 (and G11 too i think) have a switch to disable it.
P$ycHo™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2009, 21:50   #6
Warrior of the Light
Forum King

I'm using AutoHotkey now...
Works perfectly! Thanks! I love these 'little' apps; They're small, powerful and flexible.

Jesus loves you [yes, you] so much, he even died for you so that you will not need to die, but live forever
Warrior of the Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > General Discussions