Old 23rd September 2013, 05:19   #1
Psycros

Where are the betas??

I get Winamp betas off other sites, but when I come here there's no sign of them. Even more annoying, when my beta expires every 4 weeks it prompts me to upgrade and opens up the Winamp download page..not the super-secret invitation only beta page (wherever it is) - just the regular ol' download page. Sad.
Psycros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2013, 17:29   #2
Aminifu
Forum King

There is a delay in the release of the next one.

Have you looked in the Winamp Discussion sub-forum? First sticky? Or do you just ignore stickies?

Winamp Pro v5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen v1.0 by Victhor skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit v1809 desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2013, 17:54   #3
Psycros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aminifu View Post
There is a delay in the release of the next one.

Have you looked in the Winamp Discussion sub-forum? First sticky? Or do you just ignore stickies?
I don't even come to forums unless there's no options remaining. Because, now stay with me here, people shouldn't have to do that. The developers should have enough sense to make things readily available to their users. That way people wouldn't have to waste time digging through "stickies" and putting up with snarky trolls.
Psycros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2013, 18:00   #4
DrO

betas expire and as we don't have anything viable for a new one (along with internal and personal issues), there is not currently a new one available and there are no plans to do so but instead some form of new 'final' build.

until that time, you'll need to instead install the last 'final' build. this is the risk of using beta software, it will crash or expire, etc and so is not that much of a surprise and thought was put into it to direct to an applicable page to get a working Winamp version.
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2013, 18:43   #5
Aminifu
Forum King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycros View Post
Even more annoying, when my beta expires every 4 weeks it prompts me to upgrade and opens up the Winamp download page..not the super-secret invitation only beta page (wherever it is) - just the regular ol' download page.
You're the one who made that statement. Yet I'm the snarky troll. Yes, sad.

Beta software is known to be able to cause more problems for users than so called stable versions (anything can have bugs). Why should the devs release beta code to the whole world? Those who want to take their chances with it should come to the main site for it, imo.

Also, why download from 3rd party sites when you can get the software just as easily directly from the source? How do you know you are getting the real thing?

Winamp Pro v5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen v1.0 by Victhor skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit v1809 desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Site Design