Old 30th June 2002, 05:41   #1
Nesbith

Send a message via ICQ to Nesbith Send a message via AIM to Nesbith Send a message via Yahoo to Nesbith
%1 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!sob

I have recently reinstalled my Winamp after a virus problem and I lost one of my favorite feature. When I open Winamp it doesn't load the list of songs previosly on there instead I get this track called "%1" and it doesn't play anything. I now have to reload my playlist everytime I use Winamp (May not be a big deall ut I'm lazy!).
Nesbith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2002, 13:05   #2
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

More info required:

What method are you using to open Winamp?
Are you opening it from the desktop shortcut icon, or from elsewhere?
Have you checked the properties of the shortcut icon to make sure it just leads to winamp.exe with no switches to any defunkt files/playlists?
Have you made sure no files in the Winamp dir are marked as read-only, including the dir itself? Main files to check are winamp.exe, winamp.ini, and winamp.m3u

Also, did you do a fresh install of winamp?
ie. uninstall c/o add/remove control panel, delete winamp dir, reinstall from fresh download. This is especially recommended if you're recovering from some virus.

Basic Uninstall -> Reinstall procedure

Finally, have you installed any extra 3rd-party Winamp plugins?
If so, which ones exactly?

Please also include your Windows OS and basic sys specs in any reply.
(cpu/ram, mobo, soundcard, videocard, etc)
DJ Egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2002, 17:35   #3
Nesbith

Send a message via ICQ to Nesbith Send a message via AIM to Nesbith Send a message via Yahoo to Nesbith
Ok I'm REAL lazy

Well, I have the new (at least I think it's new) Logitech wireless Keyboard & Mouse. And at the top of it there is a play/pause button as well as previos, next, stop, and Volume control. When I use to hit the Play button it would start winamp (even if it was closed) and play the last songs that were listed (even if I didn't save them as a list) and I was happy. But now it seems to have ended and I seek a solution. The Shortcut Icon and the taskbar Icon works fine and I havet Installed any third Party software for winamp(period). I'm am running Windows XP Proffesional (I just reinstalled it to wouldn't you know it) with a P4 1.7 ghz, 512 Ram, Matrox Millenium G550 Dual Monitors Video Card (I think it's 16mb) (Going to install a Geforce 4 card today), I believe my soundcard is an Avance AC'97 Audio for VIA audio controller. I hope thats Enough info if not please let me know. and just to keep in mind I havent changed my hardware since it worked.

Thank you for taking your time with a newb
Old 30th June 2002, 20:40   #4
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

More than likely, it's something to do with your keyboard configuration.
Take a look in the control panel and make sure Winamp is set as the default player, and that the command line is correct.
Consult your kybd manual for further info.
DJ Egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2002, 23:51   #5
Nesbith

Thanx

Thanx!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support