Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support

Old 23rd February 2001, 01:47   #1
brian411

Problems:
- I've recently download realplayer. It convert all my winamps songs into realplayer. I dont wanna have my songs to be played in realplayer. How can I convert them all back? I just want realplayer to only play movie clicks.
- I often download my music off my friend's homepage. Now everytime I download any song it automatically in realplayer mode. How can I prevent realplayer from stealing my music? Eventhough I've tried to uninstall realplayer but nothing has come back to normal. Please help me !!!!
brian411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2001, 09:27   #2
Twilightseer
Frenchoderator

Open the Preferences Window (Ctrl + P). Highlight "File types" and select the file types you want to associate with Winamp.
Check the "Register types on Winamp start box". Now, highlight Agent, and check "Enable Winamp Agent" and "Maintain file associations". This should work.
Twilightseer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2001, 18:43   #3
tonylane

PREFERENCE (Ctrl +P)

Hi Twilightseer,I'm new to this forum and I'm a new user of WINAMP so I may need many help from all of you guys out there.I have a same question as Brian411.I did uninstall all Realplayers and Download WINAMP 2.72.As you told Brian411 go to Preference (Ctrl +P),I could'nt find it.where do I have to look or find this preference.Please specific this area.Also when I'm click to MP3 music file to listen .It download the file and ask to save as(I save them to desk top).After that I click on Winamp icon and its play so cool but some song not all!!!!!why is that? Please rescue S.O.S.Thanks in advance.

TonyLane
tonylane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2001, 18:58   #4
Someonebutnotme

in the upper left hand corner of the main window for winamp is a symbol, click it. then a menu comes down and click on options, that opens up to another menu, click on preferences and you are there. Then do what Twilightseer told you. I'm not so sure about your second problem due to the fact that I cannot understand it, this may be becuase of lack of sleep.
Old 24th February 2001, 00:01   #5
tonylane

WINAMP main window?

hi Someonebutnotme,what's main winamp window look like.I don't know which one.Can you paste up here?(is it the shortcut icon?)I don't see in my window.Is it the homepage window you talk about.

Thanks
Old 24th February 2001, 00:05   #6
tonylane

Hello everyone! can we search international music in winamp?
Italian,German,Japan,chinese,vietnamese,jamaica
Old 24th February 2001, 22:26   #7
Someonebutnotme

Re: WINAMP main window?

Quote:
Originally posted by tonylane
hi Someonebutnotme,what's main winamp window look like.I don't know which one.Can you paste up here?(is it the shortcut icon?)I don't see in my window.Is it the homepage window you talk about.

Thanks
The one ... with the ... play button ... in it. and the ... visualization ... and all ... the other ... fun stuff.
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support