Old 27th February 2006, 21:12   #1
Percy82

Debug Assertion Failed: fputs.c

Hello all

i've been using WinAmp for a long time, and recently updated to 5.2 when it went out. The problem is that, now, when i close Winamp, about 10 seconds afterwards, i get an error message (see the attachment).

I tried with a fresh install (deleting my WinAmp directories before reinstalling), but it changed nothing. a search on the forum returned plenty of results on "Debug Assertion Failed" but none dealt with fputs.c

thanks for your help
Attached Images
File Type: png winamperror.png (13.0 KB, 261 views)
Percy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2006, 01:40   #2
Percy82

up ? someone care to help please ?
Old 1st March 2006, 13:27   #3
Percy82

errrr....?
Old 1st March 2006, 15:17   #4
JonnyMac

Please provide relevant information...

Please do not PM me for tech support. Any request for tech support through PM will be ignored.
Read the Stickies
---> | | | | <--- Knowledge is power
JonnyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2006, 15:19   #5
Percy82

well, nothing has changed on my system between "5.1 working fine" and "5.2 not working fine", so i did not think i needed to provide 4 pages of info ^^ i will gather the info needed and post it asap. thanks for your reply JohnnyMac.
Old 1st March 2006, 17:12   #6
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

More than likely related to some 3rd-party plugin which is no longer fully compatible, eg. a my_plugin_list.txt file would show whether this theory is true or not.

Also, is there any specific reason for why you need the Microsoft Machine Debug Manger thing (mdm.exe) to be running permanently in the background? You can disable that thing via Services Control Panel (eg. set it to manual instead of automatic).

And yeah, if it does turn out to be some bug in the default installation of Winamp (or one of the default plugins) then yes, we need to know basic system specs (eg. cpu, ram, mobo, graphics & sound card, windows os + sp, directx).
DJ Egg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2006, 19:12   #7
Percy82

Quote:
Originally posted by DJ Egg
More than likely related to some 3rd-party plugin which is no longer fully compatible, eg. a my_plugin_list.txt file would show whether this theory is true or not.
well, as i have said in the original post, i have made a fresh install after having deleted every single Winamp directory. i don't think it is possible that i still have plugins, then, but of course, please tell me if i'm wrong on this.

Quote:
Also, is there any specific reason for why you need the Microsoft Machine Debug Manger thing (mdm.exe) to be running permanently in the background? You can disable that thing via Services Control Panel (eg. set it to manual instead of automatic).
hmmm... no, but i'm not even sure it does run permanently. i believe i have deactivated that in the services list (i only "believe" because my system is not in English, so i'm not 100% sure). in any case, after doing that, the same window still popped up, so i don't know how useful this move was ^^

Quote:
And yeah, if it does turn out to be some bug in the default installation of Winamp (or one of the default plugins) then yes, we need to know basic system specs (eg. cpu, ram, mobo, graphics & sound card, windows os + sp, directx).
i've been very busy this afternoon, i'll try to get this ready asap.

thanks for your time =)
Old 13th January 2007, 14:20   #8
bromex

fputs.c , line: 48 problem

I've this same problem with Winamp. Maybe this problem occurs because other software installed on my comp? (maybe some divx drivers etc.?)
I also don't have any winamp plugins installed.
My OS is XP HE.
My comp is HP dv6058cl.
bromex is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support