Old 26th July 2015, 11:09   #1
trentjperez

Is there anyway to still re-register my winamp pro?

I had to re-install my OS and my winamp pro is no longer registered. I can't register it through the registration process. Am I now stuck with the non pro version of winamp?
trentjperez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2015, 17:04   #2
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

http://help.winamp.com/customer/port...stomer-support
DJ Egg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2015, 00:50   #3
winGRamp

is this the answer you were looking for?

ok - so, the answer you were given above doesn't seem to answer the question i believe you actually had asked. the way i read your question was:

"i HAVE a valid winamp 5 registration name and license key. however, since the old winamp licensing servers are not working, i can not enter my licensing data when i reinstall the latest winamp 5.666. when i try to register, it gives me an error; even though i know the data is valid."

if that is the question you are trying to get answered, try these steps (that worked for me):

* install the latest version of winamp (for valid download links, see the second post here:
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?t=374929 )

* after you successfully install winamp, close it down completely.

* run regedit.exe on your pc

* in the left window pane of regedit, browse to the following folder:
hkey_local_machine\software\wow6432node\nullsoft\winamp

*when in that winamp folder, you should see two entries, one that says "default" and one that actually lists the installation path in which your winamp has been installed on your PC

* right-click in the blank space underneath your installation path. a box named "new>" will pop up.

* click on the "new>" box and choose "string value"

* you will be given a new entry in the window called "new value #1"

* right-click in the blank space underneath your installation path again. a box named "new>" will again pop up.

* click on the "new>" box again and again choose "string value"

* you will be given a new entry in the window called "new value #2"

* right click on "new value #1" and hit "rename"

* now, rename "new value #1" name to "regkey"

* right click on "new value #2" and hit "rename"

* now, rename "new value #1" name to "regname"

* double-click on "regkey". enter your valid license number in the "value data" box and hit ok

* double-click on "regname". enter your valid registration name in the "value data" box and hit ok

* close regedit

* open winamp again

* hit control+p when in winamp; winamp preferences will open

* go to "winamp pro" at the very top of the left-hand window. if you have properly followed the steps above, this window will tell you "winamp pro feature enabled" and it will show your valid registration name and registration key status.

* get back to your professional llama-ass whippin' ways!

love,
your kindly, old winGRamp

p.s. i was just doing a reinstall myself today. when i encountered the same issue, i went looking for answers online. since i couldn't find any answers --only questions like this one-- i decided to take matters into my own hands. since i successfully figured it out, i registered on the forums today and posted my how-to with the hope that the original poster will see my reply AND so that any others with the same question don't have to struggle to figure it out like i did. that's what being a good internet citizen is all about! pay it forward, baby!
winGRamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2015, 04:36   #4
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

@winGRamp

Nice, but none of that is actually necessary.

The link I provided in my post above shows how to contact Customer Service and acquire a replacement registration key.

If you already have a valid reg name & key but it says "invalid registration key" when you try to enter it,
then the most likely causes of this are:
1) you need to run Winamp in admin mode for the key to be accepted (right-click winamp shortcut icon or winamp.exe -> Run as administrator)
2) The reg name or key isn't correct and you need to contact customer service (me) in private to get a replacement.

Also note that the key in the Windows Registry is meant to be encrypted.
When entered via Winamp > Prefs (Ctrl+P) > Winamp Pro, the key will be encrypted in the Windows Registry,
i.e. it's not meant to be humanly readable in plain text format.
DJ Egg is online now   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support