Old 3rd January 2004, 06:29   #41
MidnightViper88
Made In The USA
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88 Send a message via Yahoo to MidnightViper88
Quote:
Originally posted by MontyGail
The Fast and the Furious.

or as I call it. Point Blank with cars instead of surf boards!

I think my IQ dropped after seeing that movie!

Jess
Well, relatively speaking, after that movie brain-washed many teenagers with bullshit car knowledge, I kinda felt my IQ raise above the rest...

"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
MidnightViper88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2004, 06:56   #42
MontyGail

My brain went to mush though.....no stimulation.

Jess
MontyGail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2004, 13:46   #43
taylormemer
made his slipknot mask in woodwork class
(Forum King)

Send a message via ICQ to taylormemer Send a message via AIM to taylormemer Send a message via Yahoo to taylormemer
I found the Fast And The Furious movies a bit bland.

DeviantART|¤¤|DS-Lair|¤¤|Dissectional|¤¤|Pearl Drums|¤¤|Viralsound|¤¤|PabUK
Hey you! Don't tell me there's no hope at all. Together we stand, divided we fall.My PLAYLIST

MSN: taylor.jake@hotmail.com
taylormemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2004, 19:18   #44
xzxzzx
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by MidnightViper88
Well, relatively speaking, after that movie brain-washed many teenagers with bullshit car knowledge, I kinda felt my IQ raise above the rest...
I loved the part where he "lost the race because he wasn't double-shifting", or something like that. Note to the uneducated: Double-shifting is for down-shifting, and down-shifting only. They were going in a straight line. There was no down-shifting. "Double-shifting" in that case would make you lose the race, primarily because your transmission would get destroyed in short order...

Freedom of speech is the basic freedom of humanity. When you've lost that, you've lost everything.
1\/\/4y 34|<$p4y 1gp4y 33714y, 0d4y 0uy4y? | Roses are #FF0000; Violets are #0000FF; chown -R ${YOU} ~/base
The DMCA. It really is that bad. : Count for your life.
xzxzzx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2004, 02:55   #45
MidnightViper88
Made In The USA
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88 Send a message via Yahoo to MidnightViper88
Double-shifting is for switching gears in a transmission that doesn't have any synchronizers, or the synchros are worn out...Which means when you change a gear, you have to engage the clutch, put it in neutral, disengage the clutch, re-engage the clutch, select your desired gear, and re-disengage the clutch...This is most commonly found in manual-equipped cars around the 60's and/or before, as well semis...Knowing the time-consuming effort in changing to just one gear, this would do you more bad than good in any type of race...

"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
Old 5th January 2004, 03:05   #46
SSJ4 Gogitta
Followed by Gnomes
(Forum King)

Location: West Virginia Googolplex: 10^10¹°° FB:/SSJ4.DominusDeus DeviantArt: DominusDeus XboX GT: A Wild Meeseeks Playstation 4: DominusDeus
Send a message via AIM to SSJ4 Gogitta
Donnie Darko was mildly disturbing...
Final Destination and Final Destination 2 were disturbing
Cube was disturbing
Dark City was disturbing
Akira, as well.

SSJ4 Gogitta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2004, 03:17   #47
xzxzzx
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by MidnightViper88
Double-shifting is for switching gears in a transmission that doesn't have any synchronizers, or the synchros are worn out...Which means when you change a gear, you have to engage the clutch, put it in neutral, disengage the clutch, re-engage the clutch, select your desired gear, and re-disengage the clutch...This is most commonly found in manual-equipped cars around the 60's and/or before, as well semis...Knowing the time-consuming effort in changing to just one gear, this would do you more bad than good in any type of race...
No, actually, in racing, you do double-shift, if you're downshifting, because racing transmissions don't normally have syncros. However, if you're going in a straigt line, all you're doing is UP-SHIFTING, and all double-shifting would get you is a ground-to-dust transmission, because when you upshift, the drive shaft to the engine is supposed to go slower, not faster.

Also, you left out a step:
engage the clutch, put it in neutral, disengage the clutch,press the throttle re-engage the clutch, select your desired gear, and re-disengage the clutch

Freedom of speech is the basic freedom of humanity. When you've lost that, you've lost everything.
1\/\/4y 34|<$p4y 1gp4y 33714y, 0d4y 0uy4y? | Roses are #FF0000; Violets are #0000FF; chown -R ${YOU} ~/base
The DMCA. It really is that bad. : Count for your life.
xzxzzx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2004, 05:50   #48
ndspeed3

I would say Vannila Sky. One of the most crazy, psycho movies I have seen.
ndspeed3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2004, 15:24   #49
Raz
Forum King

Bah, i knew exactly what was happening throughout vanilla sky, then at the end it confirmed my suspicions in the cheesiest fashion possible, it was so boring it pissed me off to the point of gouging out my eyes in case it ever came on again.

Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2004, 16:09   #50
Haele

Send a message via ICQ to Haele Send a message via Yahoo to Haele
Quote:
Mulholland Drive
I agree, Mullholland Drive is one of the most disturbing films I've ever watched. The part in the lip theatre where Rebecca Del Rio is singing and she falls down on stage, and you realise she has been lip synching - I don't know why - it was just one of the most poignant and emotive pieces of theater I've ever seen.
Haele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2004, 02:55   #51
Fickle
Butterknife of Justice
(Forum King)

Quote:
The Fast and the Furious.

or as I call it. Point Blank with cars instead of surf boards!

I think my IQ dropped after seeing that movie!
You mean Point Break. Point Blank is a different film.

A Clockwork Orange was the single most fucked up movie. Or American History X. Good flicks, but Christ the shit those people do!

Go read a book without pictures
pabook? | Look, a blog! | Buy Stuff I Wrote
Fickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2004, 21:47   #52
Sandman2012
<3 foobar2k
(Forum King)

Quote:
Originally posted by Haele
I agree, Mullholland Drive is one of the most disturbing films I've ever watched. The part in the lip theatre where Rebecca Del Rio is singing and she falls down on stage, and you realise she has been lip synching - I don't know why - it was just one of the most poignant and emotive pieces of theater I've ever seen.
That scene is particularly disturbing for two reasons. The first is that it's just disturbing on a visceral level, disturbing to see. But the delayed reaction part is more disturbing, if you think about it. When you realize that you've been told over and over that's it's just a recording but you were still shocked when she collapsed. It's what enlightened minds, from Siddhartha to modern-day quantum physicists, have been saying for centuries: the illusion of reality is so convincing you fall for it over and over no matter how often you are told it's not real.
Sandman2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2004, 03:01   #53
Sah'Rah!

Send a message via AIM to Sah'Rah! Send a message via Yahoo to Sah'Rah!
Quote:
Originally posted by Fickle
A Clockwork Orange was the single most fucked up movie.
I agree. That is the most fucked up movie I have ever seen. Kubrick was a genius, but some of his movies were fucked up!
Sah'Rah! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2004, 04:15   #54
Fickle
Butterknife of Justice
(Forum King)

Oh yes. I forgot, and it rocks my previous list:

Kids

Probably the most fucked up flick I've seen in a long while.

Old 11th January 2004, 15:32   #55
zootm
Forum King

kids is a pretty fucked up film, yeah. disney took a whole lotta flak for that.

zootm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2004, 19:23   #56
MidnightViper88
Made In The USA
(Forum King)

Grind

Avril Lavigne is a fucking poser...

Old 13th February 2004, 01:39   #57
Abarabusto

Location: A small cave on the planet siiikar with broadband access
Definitely "Requim for a dream". Nothing else like it.
Abarabusto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2004, 03:13   #58
Fickle
Butterknife of Justice
(Forum King)

I have yet to see requiem for a Dream. I think I'll go and get it.

Old 13th February 2004, 14:58   #59
Abarabusto

Let us know what you think.
Old 13th February 2004, 22:38   #60
Fickle
Butterknife of Justice
(Forum King)

Saw it. Definately a fucked up movie, by God. Disturbing wtih the end splices and insanity of the downward spiral.
I just didn't get why the chick was smiling at the end? Was she really happy, or did she just accept being a junkie?

I still thinks Kids was pretty horrific for an Indy film. Requiem for a Dream is more shock value and carnal.
Both are still quite depressing.

Old 14th February 2004, 03:04   #61
Abarabusto

Quote:
Saw it. Definately a fucked up movie, by God. Disturbing wtih the end splices and insanity of the downward spiral.
I just didn't get why the chick was smiling at the end? Was she really happy, or did she just accept being a junkie?
You won't be forgetting that one soon will you. Should have warned you not to watch it early or you'll be depressed all day. I think she was smiling just to get a fix and nothing else mattered at that point. Depressing but should be seen at least once. Have to hand it to the director.
Old 14th February 2004, 03:38   #62
Abarabusto

Fickle. Just noticed you were in the thinking movies thread too. Try "Donnie Darko". It would almost fit both categories but just mildly disturbing.
Old 14th February 2004, 06:51   #63
Spazz333
Major Dude

Legally Blond 2: Red White and Blonde.

That is one of the most disturbing movies I've ever seen. I got coerced into watching it one night.

..damned womenfolk..

Spazz333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2004, 04:04   #64
Fickle
Butterknife of Justice
(Forum King)

Quote:
Originally posted by Abarabusto
Fickle. Just noticed you were in the thinking movies thread too. Try "Donnie Darko". It would almost fit both categories but just mildly disturbing.
Lol. Yeah, I was in that thread too (I started it too). These two threads seem to overlap. But doesn't a thinking movie go out of its way to disturb you in some way?

I have to watch donnie darko simply because I have heard many things about it. I'd like to know whether or not it's depressing or whathaveyou, simply because the way I am, Requiem for a dream got me really low for like the rest of that night I saw it and the whole next day. I kind of have to psych myself not to be fucked up by a film, and requiem really fucked me up and caught me off gaurd.

Old 16th February 2004, 04:50   #65
Abarabusto

Quote:
Lol. Yeah, I was in that thread too (I started it too). These two threads seem to overlap. But doesn't a thinking movie go out of its way to disturb you in some way?

I have to watch donnie darko simply because I have heard many things about it. I'd like to know whether or not it's depressing or whathaveyou, simply because the way I am, Requiem for a dream got me really low for like the rest of that night I saw it and the whole next day. I kind of have to psych myself not to be fucked up by a film, and requiem really fucked me up and caught me off gaurd.
Requiem did the same to me after I watched it. It is just depressing on so many levels, that suicide rate probably goes up for people who watch it. I am still glad I saw it though.

I would hesitate to even call Donnie Darko disturbing. As you say they intertwine somewhat, but Donnie Darko is almost all on the thinking side, where requiem is almost all on the disturbing side. It is kind of a dark facinating look through the eyes of a psychotic teenager who may or may not have some ability to manipulate time. But even though it is dark and moody, it is also funny in several spots which give the whole movie some of the feel of say "american wherewolf in london". You come away from the film thinking, but about what, I couldn't tell you. But that's what I really liked about it. It doesn't force feed you some message, it simply makes you think. The soundtrack really fits the movie well, and the song "mad world" near the end will likely not leave your memory for a while, it is really nicely done.
Old 16th February 2004, 08:20   #66
Raz
Forum King

Only thing that has ever fucked me up for days after taking in was reading '1984'.

Old 17th February 2004, 02:49   #67
Fickle
Butterknife of Justice
(Forum King)

Quote:
Originally posted by Raz
Only thing that has ever fucked me up for days after taking in was reading '1984'.
This wasn't so bad for me. I had already come to the conclusion that the whole plan of the worlds leaders is to have the ultimate power and rule the world. Only a matter of time. (Discuss in Breaking News, I don't feel like turning this into a political debate).
I didn't find 1984 as disturbing as I did find it troubling. It didn't hurt or offend me, just worried me.

Old 17th February 2004, 03:50   #68
Raz
Forum King

It wasn't so much the messages involved, more the sheer hopelessness of the ending.

Old 17th February 2004, 13:16   #69
ertmann|CPH
Forum Viking
(Forum King)

Irreversible by Gaspar Noé is the most disturbing film i've ever seen, it's also a good one - But the scene where the head of the rapist is being smashed by a fireextinguisher make you want to puke, the 9 minute rape scene makes you want to puke even more...

definantly not a movie for the faint hearted...
ertmann|CPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2004, 05:14   #70
Fickle
Butterknife of Justice
(Forum King)

Quote:
Originally posted by Raz
It wasn't so much the messages involved, more the sheer hopelessness of the ending.
Like Requiem. *shudder*

Ertmann, that sounds pretty fucking twisted.

Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > Movies and Television