Old 4th August 2005, 01:42   #161
leechbite
Major Dude

Send a message via Yahoo to leechbite
hey guys, has anybody having troubles or errors on mMonkey skin? it got rejected from winamp.com for some reason i can understand ("windows do not stay maximized") any help is appreciated.
leechbite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2005, 01:56   #162
QuadHeliX
Major Dude

works great for me. might want to ask these guys...http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....hreadid=160347
QuadHeliX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2005, 02:23   #163
leechbite
Major Dude

thanks quad
Old 4th August 2005, 08:36   #164
corwwin

Works great for me too, with as usual a bunch of features and options. Amazing work ! Just one (minor) complain : the orange/green theme is specially ugly. However, Leech, you're definitively THE Maki King.
corwwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2005, 10:17   #165
ertmann|CPH
Forum Viking
(Forum King)

Quote:
Originally posted by rpeterclark
Here's mine: Simple

As the name suggests, it's a simple design but has fully skinned component windows, EQ and notifier. The default mode incorporates a coverart/avs section, includes 4 modes total. This was a fun skin to make, and definately the smallest I've ever done at only 64KB.
hey rpc, really like that one, goes well with xp
but the coverart is fucking up, it's probably more a problem with the script than the skin, but still, you might know what the problem is...

i've embeded albumart into id3 with iTunes, but extremely few show up correctly - you know why?
ertmann|CPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2005, 13:33   #166
rpeterclark
Major Dude
(Reviewer)

Thanks!

The album art feature works by looking in the folder of the currently playing track for any of the following file names: cover.jpg, coverart.jpg, folder.jpg ,front.jpg. Unfortunately Winamp does not provide any way to read album art that is embedded within ID3 tags. I'm not familiar with how iTunes arranges it's music/album art so it may not be suitable to use with it.
rpeterclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2005, 15:43   #167
ertmann|CPH
Forum Viking
(Forum King)

yeah, I was thinking that was probably it...

allthough the winamp toaster plugin supports albumart embedded in the id3 tag, and shows all of them correctly, so it should be possible. direct embedding into id3 is a much better way of doing things if you ask me, just wish it would work in Winamp.

someone should write a albumart script for skinning, based on the Toaster way of doing things.... Dr0?
ertmann|CPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2005, 06:51   #168
Mouser X

Wow! I really like these "code only" skins. They really max out on creativity, when it comes to skinning. The only thing I have to add is, those of you who didn't finish your skins, please finish them. I'd like to see what else was cooking around here. Also, of those that were finished, it would be nice if the bugs were worked out (of those that had bugs, that is). One thing I'd like is more (or any, for that matter) color themes to some of the skins.

Yes, I realize you all put in a lot of hard work to put these together, and that anything else is simply an add-on. And a mostly pointless one at that (in the case of color themes). But, as I said, your work is greatly appreciated.

Since I can't make Winamp 5 skins (I can barely make Winamp Classic skins...), I'll try to add my 2 cents to what has been done with these skins.

mMonkey_DUI: This skin is really good. However, the 2 gripes I have with that are, more color themes (not a biggie. I like the green and white, though more variation than (color)+white would be appreciated), and the total time of the current playlist, as well as the time of the selected song(s) (for me, that is a BIG one, as I often use that feature to decide what, and how, to queue up files).

Prakrit[Final]: Though this didn't load properly (errors up to wazoo), it looked promising. I for one would like to see a corrected finalized version. If it had color themes (which I have no idea if it did, or not) that would be cool to. Again though, not a big deal (best to ignore it actually, if it causes problems).

Shark5: Wow. For having no graphics, that is really cool. I can't think of anything to add to this one, other than, maybe, color themes (perhaps it had them, but I didn't see it). [EDIT] I just noticed that this one doesn't have the total time of the current playlist either. So, yah, including that would be quite nice (and of course selected song(s) times as well).

Simple: Simply amazing. Again, I was stunned by the fact that it had no graphics. Only 2 things to say about this one. When you have the "default" mode selected, it tries to activate the current visualization plugin into the window. For me, this is a problem because the plugin I currently have selected only runs in full-screen. It would be nice if there was an option to turn that off, or something (turn off the vis-activating part). The other thing that I had to say was color themes. Mainly because it would be nice to customize it some (and to see what it would look like in other than green). Again, not a big deal for that one.

xmlskin_carlosp: There's really not much for me to say on this one. I admit, I didn't really look at it that long. However, it seemed rather glitchy. Especially the Media Library. Things weren't being drawn properly. This problem also occured with the "modern_skin_xml." Clean it up a bit, and I might have more to say.

I mentioned color themes in all of those above (well, more or less). However, I realize that they're just add-ons, and are quite unimportant. I am all for quality over quantity or functionality over eye candy. However, since most of them are quite functional, I'm simply asking if it could be done. If not, then that's that. No big deal. Anyway, thanks again for the awesome skins. Hopefully, those that didn't finish will try to do so anyway. Again, I'd like to see what else was cooking. The ones I could see were pretty cool. Goodluck! Oh, and rohan_pwln, I'd especially like to see yours. Like I said, it looked interesting. Mouser X over and out.

Last edited by Mouser X; 16th August 2005 at 09:24.
Mouser X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2005, 10:08   #169
Mouser X

I'd edit my above post, but it's past the "180 min." time limit. As such, I'll say it here.

Simple: I just read that because of the way it's coded (no graphics) that it can't do color themes. Well then, I guess that's out. Oh well. Perhaps I could (yah right) look into the file, and create my own color variations... Anyway, thanks again. Mouser X over and out.
Old 16th August 2005, 18:39   #170
rpeterclark
Major Dude
(Reviewer)

Quote:
Originally posted by Mouser X
Simple: Simply amazing. Again, I was stunned by the fact that it had no graphics. Only 2 things to say about this one. When you have the "default" mode selected, it tries to activate the current visualization plugin into the window. For me, this is a problem because the plugin I currently have selected only runs in full-screen. It would be nice if there was an option to turn that off, or something (turn off the vis-activating part). The other thing that I had to say was color themes. Mainly because it would be nice to customize it some (and to see what it would look like in other than green). Again, not a big deal for that one.
You can disable the Visualizer in Simple, right-click the skin and unselect > Options > Simple > Coverart Auto-Switching. When this is unselected, it will just leave a blank area when it can't find cover art, rather than switching to AVS.

You won't find color themes in many of these skins because some of us made heavy use of Winamp's <gradient> object which does not support color themes. It's unfortunately a limitation of trying to make a code-only skin. The only option to customize the colors on these is to bust open the code and mess with the RGB values manually.
rpeterclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2005, 15:25   #171
rohan_pwln
Major Dude

Ok, so all my problems are off. The computers back with Net, and i don't have to go to the cafe anymore and also the virus is off. Here is a sample of Prakrit, completely in working order.
Attached Files
File Type: wal prakrit[final].wal (33.3 KB, 175 views)

My MAKI contribs.: STONE
My WebSite My Blog My Skins: fnk 32 Rioport v1 Sienna Burning Steel
My Saying: Eat healthy, Stay fit... Die Anyway
rohan_pwln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2005, 18:20   #172
leechbite
Major Dude

a bit cluttered but still nice (although its not as cluttered as my entry ). it's a bit wierd for the song title and artist to be that distant in the layout. and, also, EQ does not show up.
Old 21st August 2005, 05:44   #173
rohan_pwln
Major Dude

EQ was not made. I spent most of the time figuring up the button XUI. It has 14 paramemters to be specified. In midst of my exams, i hardly had time to make it, i gave it my best.

That's all. I expect nothing...

Old 22nd August 2005, 05:38   #174
leechbite
Major Dude

hey dont take it bad rohan. i though the EQ was a bug that didnt show up. like i said skin is nice and im glad that you finished it.
Old 22nd August 2005, 10:23   #175
rohan_pwln
Major Dude

i m not taking it bad. It's just some fucking luck that ruins all your efforts of 30 hrs. in midst of exams, hiding from ur parents and pretend to study while you'r making the skin, get a virus infecting ur system, and what do people say? Ignore it if it doesn't work! Man that's the thing i m just pissed at. It's not about me, you and anybody else, it's about the circumstances and that fucking zip application that burst the file structure and all scripts came out at the cyber cafe where i went cycling 20 miles, coz my net account had reached zero.

That's all
~rohan

Old 22nd August 2005, 11:44   #176
PulseDriver
w3 addict
(Major Dude)

Well, RPC and Frisbeemonkey... both great guys

09 F9 11 01 9D 74 E8 5B D8 41 56 C3 63 56 81 C0
PulseDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2005, 08:05   #177
rohan_pwln
Major Dude

Now, that's .m monkey 2005 seems to have come to an end, I want to wind up things with this post.

This post started on 22nd May [about 3 months ago], when i just had an idea for polls to check out who people think is the .m mnokey here. Then cam suggestions to hold a skinning competition to check it out [which was pioneered by nspmangalore]. The competition was run and we recieived some very good entries.

Today this thread has 176 posts and 3721 views. It's success is credited to all those who participated, voted and took interest in it. Thanks. You have been a great support. It would not have been possible without you.

So, let's move forward to .m monkey of the year 2006!!!! Thanks.

~rohan

Old 29th August 2005, 01:30   #178
Mouser X

One last thing I'd like to say. I wanted to comment on the "prakrit[final]" skin. It looks really cool. I think it came out quite well done. Considering the circumstances under which it was created, I'd say it was very well done. As has been mentioned, there is room for improvement (equalizer), but, as I said, under the circumstances, that is quite forgivable. Nice job. Thanks for uploading a working version, even though the competition was over. There's very few Modern skins I like, however these "no-graphics" skins are definatly some that I do like. Thanks again. Perhaps we'll see some more creativity along these lines in the future?

Anyway, as said, I think this went quite well. Even though I didn't find out about it until after it was over (I downloaded the "no-graphic" skins off of Winamp's skin archive), I definatly liked what I found. Good job. Mouser X over and out.
Old 29th August 2005, 12:05   #179
rohan_pwln
Major Dude

thanks for the comments. Me too, over and out.
~rohan

Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Skinning and Design > Modern Skins