Old 10th July 2006, 14:52   #81
tuckerm
Forum Emo

AOL has bigger problems to worry about than a free program listing service.

Quit bitching, get on with life. Most of the time the YP wont help at all. Advertise to people, make a damn website that isnt free, advertise around town.
Old 11th July 2006, 00:29   #82
SpitfireTN

Send a message via ICQ to SpitfireTN Send a message via AIM to SpitfireTN Send a message via Yahoo to SpitfireTN
Quote:
Originally posted by tuckerm
AOL has bigger problems to worry about than a free program listing service.

Quit bitching, get on with life. Most of the time the YP wont help at all. Advertise to people, make a damn website that isnt free, advertise around town.
They are not offering a free program listing service. If they were, I wouldn't be here bitching about it not working. I never had these problems before AOL took over. I have everything mentioned above besides a working YP from shoutcast.

P.S. As you can see by my join date, I have been doing this for many years now. Why should years of good service from Shoutcast fall to the way side?
Old 11th July 2006, 00:35   #83
Evil Lu
Forum Maitresse

After all the complaints of the past 8 weeks or so I would like to see the whole thing removed and all these wannabe djs get their own websites and advertising sorted.
I've said before that I've never even looked at the listings to see if our station is on or not and don't plan to start now. People will find you if you're any good and have made efforts to show that you are.
At the same time, if it does end up that there is no shoutcast listings then this part of the forum will be swamped with idiots who can't suss out HTML.
Old 11th July 2006, 01:57   #84
hackerdork
Forum King

well shit.

I've been around this stuff since before winamp 1.066 (hence the yp port 666 thing!!), and AOL came into the picture longer and most of your forum members. You need to consider that this is over 3,000,000 servers at any giving time and 5,000,000 noobs 'testing' shoutcast or fucking around and attacking it.

The listing server is FREE for me, and everyone else. Who tells you its now free? You are not paying a flipping penny to download a peice of software, DSP plugin and start sending your data to the internet and waiting for listeners. Hello, market your station, dont epect anyone else to do it for you. Listeners dont just appear out of thin air if your stuff is the same as everyone else or you are contastly going down before of your lack of knowledge and internet issues.

so stop the bitch fest...
PRESS * FOR HELP

~ According to the ship's log we're down to our last 3000 vomit bags.It'll never be enough.
search the forums! don't PM me on how-to, or ask me to setup you system. you do it so you learn.
Old 11th July 2006, 04:25   #85
SpitfireTN

Send a message via ICQ to SpitfireTN Send a message via AIM to SpitfireTN Send a message via Yahoo to SpitfireTN
I guess you guys like this free service that doesn't work after years of working just fine. When I came here many years ago, I was told I could use this software & have my station listed for free. Thats not happening now. The question is, why, and when will it be fixed. No one is bitching. They are just asking when will this free service be availible again? If AOL is planning on charging, were do you sign up? I don't just use the free software, I am willing to pay for something thats worth it. A working Shoutcast YP is worth something, if its working right.

No bitching here, after all, I been running 8 differant audio ads for Shoutcast for many years now for their devoted work.
Old 11th July 2006, 11:47   #86
Zoab

Quote:
Originally posted by nitromix

My questions is:
-Where the f**k is this bug?
-Where is the greate Shoutcast/AOL team to fix?
-Why you offer something for free, something what donsn't work anymore?
-Is this the end of YP?
-Somebody from tehnical team from Shoutcast work on this issue, or we lost the time to post on this forum?
-Why all the time some "Forum King" post the wrong solution?
Well.....where are the big shots now?
They can't really answer the questions, cant they?
It's even worse, they can't even answer any question about this issue!

They only have some "statements": It's free, so shut the f*ck up, Sit back and relax, You'll have to wait untill it's over, etc, etc......
And when they are finished they are putting the record back on......bladibladiblahhh

Conclusion: You never will get a serious answer!
But what do you expect?
IT'S JUST FREE!
Old 11th July 2006, 12:46   #87
ClassicRox

Ok, here's my problem with this whole situation:

If the Shoutcast YP is too much for AOL to handle, or to be bothered with, why don't they just offer the whole kit and kaboodle to any one of the hobbyists on here? I'm sure there are plenty on this forum who would be more than happy to take over the source code for this program, and try to get it working, without even asking for compensation.

After all, they've been having problems for quite some time now, and it's obvious that it's not that high on their list of priorities to get it fixed. There are some very brilliant people that I've seen on this forum over the years, and I'm positive that, if given the chance, they'd have these problems fixed in a matter of HOURS, not MONTHS.

Click banner to tune in! Broadband only!
Old 11th July 2006, 14:21   #88
bored_womble
Winamp's Womble

it is something which is very simple to produce, a working YP, and I did see a thread about a company offering YP functionality ( although it was and probably still is in development ) and pointed to

http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....hreadid=250183

Now with anyone else developing a YP the problem is pointing any shoutcast server to it. Although it is possible ( instructions appear to be in the post abobve ) it is not for the newbie and *could* potentially cause other problems.

The best solution would be, and I do not presume to want changes AOL are not willing/can not make*, would be to produce a version of the shoutcast server that can be configured to point elsewhere.

BW

* there are potential legal issues relating to allow publishing outside of the realm owned by AOL/Nullsoft.

Without open minds the world will die. Open yours and correct the mistakes you are making right now.
Old 11th July 2006, 14:52   #89
tuckerm
Forum Emo

Quote:
Originally posted by Zoab
Well.....where are the big shots now?
They can't really answer the questions, cant they?
It's even worse, they can't even answer any question about this issue!

They only have some "statements": It's free, so shut the f*ck up, Sit back and relax, You'll have to wait untill it's over, etc, etc......
And when they are finished they are putting the record back on......bladibladiblahhh

Conclusion: You never will get a serious answer!
But what do you expect?
IT'S JUST FREE!
Big shots dont ready this whiney useless threads. Tag said there has been backend problems and they are working on it.
Old 11th July 2006, 15:01   #90
Zoab

Quote:
Originally posted by tuckerm
Big shots dont ready this whiney useless threads. Tag said there has been backend problems and they are working on it.
Yeah.....right!
Old 25th July 2006, 07:00   #91
Huaso

Please Shoutcast Developer Team, work in this problem, i change the port but to the following week the error was the same one.

My Stream, my Inet, my Conf are right!

http://medios.inf.uct.cl:8100/
Old 25th July 2006, 10:59   #92
CraigF
Passionately Apathetic
Administrator

consolidating NAK 100 threads.

Please continue discussions here:

http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?postid=1990188

Closed Thread
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Technical Support