Old 10th October 2009, 12:17   #1
! 4Tex

Reunion of Creed - Thumbs up?

A few days ago, I listened to a brand new song of Creed! As you now, the band splitted a few years ago and then was touring as "Alter Bridge" with a new singer.

I like both of the bands, but in my opinion, Alter Bridge rocks more than Creed does!

Alter Bridge says, that they would go on tour in 2010, but Creed recorded a new album and the release will be this year!

Creed or Alter Bridge fans out there? :-)
! 4Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2009, 18:47   #2
QOAL
[STILL a retard!]

No, thumbs down.

I'll just quote myself for now.
Quote:
Originally posted by QOAL
Also I hate it when artists decide to change there style to suit a particular world market.
Latest example of this is Within Temptations upcoming release, if you go on youtube and find the video for Utopia you'll see it's much much less symphonic and rather obviously uses an American guest singer to duet with.
Another case study could be Alter Bridge, who formed out of the ashes of Creed.
Alter Bridge are popular in Europe but less so in America. Now Creed have reformed again (and thus Alter Bridge are on hold).

Can you smell the dollars!

fucking gayness.

Yes I do know where the bitchlist forum is.
Also Scott Stapp's voice is completely shot and sounds awful now, just listen to their new live stuff and you'll see what I mean.

count!last.fmdastylishplanner
QOAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2009, 19:35   #3
gaekwad2
Foorum King

Didn't he always sound completely awful?
gaekwad2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2009, 23:01   #4
deeder7001
Jesus Freak
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to deeder7001 Send a message via Yahoo to deeder7001
I like Creed. From the live footage I've seen, I'll probably never go to their concert. I do like some of the songs on the new CD. To each their own I guess.

I'll probably grab the new Norah Jones CD before Creed though.

There is no sig.
deeder7001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2009, 05:45   #5
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to swingdjted Send a message via Yahoo to swingdjted
Selling out is an easy thing to bitch about when you're not a musician, but when you are, it's a whole different ballgame. Think about it; spending only a few minutes in a recording studio playing what "they" tell you to record will give you an increased ability to ascend to the next level of financial freedom.

Now I realize how greedy and selfish that sounds, but if someone pays me huge money to record something that although isn't not my finest work, while still not completely offensive, I'm going to do it. I can play the music that I feel is better in other venues, but if work occasionally has a bad day, I still work. I'd be happy just to be paid to play music period, but that's a phase of my life that I had to end for more secure paths.

Some musicians know that it's either "get paid to play what they tell you to play", or work in an entry level job. Keep in mind the education level, qualifications, and workplace readiness skills of these people. It's really quite a clear choice when you're in that position.

The problem I have is not with that, but with the limitations of the contracts that are signed. The contracts limit all recording to one company, in addition to limiting what kind of image and style is presented by a band/members. I'd like to see how much better music would be if bands were allowed to record whatever they wanted, both popular and non-popular, without losing their ability to record the bigger-paying music. I'd like to see what it would be like if I could hear a band who was allowed to publish the "work music" AND the "hobby music".

Don't forget to live before you die.
swingdjted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2009, 14:27   #6
gaekwad2
Foorum King

Did Creed ever sell out? Or did they genuinely like Pearl Jam's Ten but thought it should have had at least twice as much preachy pathos? I'd rather say the latter (Stapp's coke excesses notwithstanding).
gaekwad2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2009, 16:26   #7
deeder7001
Jesus Freak
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to deeder7001 Send a message via Yahoo to deeder7001
Why do you listen to Creed if you don't like the music? I don't know if they sold out and I've never really liked Pearl Jam. You don't like Stapp and we get that. Now go find something else to do or at least listen to something you like. Some of us like Creed still even if you don't.

There is no sig.
deeder7001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2009, 17:51   #8
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to swingdjted Send a message via Yahoo to swingdjted
My first reaction to Creed was that they sound like Pearl Jam too, but I didn't really hold it against them. I never found them to be a band that I really liked, although it's not a band that annoys me either. If anything the thing that keeps me from liking them isn't necessarily their music, but how overplayed it is. Radio stations ruin good music by over-playing it while there are a lot of other less-well-known bands/songs out there that get neglected. I guess that kind of thought doesn't sell though.

Don't forget to live before you die.
swingdjted is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > Music O'Rama