Old 11th October 2006, 19:59   #1
dannyzs
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 30
How do I find the SHOUTcast server IP address?

How do I find the SHOUTcast server IP address (of the form 192.168.1.100 or shoutcast-server.domain.com)...
I can't get my SHOUTcast source to connect.
Thanks for any help!
dannyzs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2006, 21:24   #2
BELLonline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 254
You will need to have a server set up to stream to (Shoutcast does not provide this)

If you are only looking to support around 5-10 listeners, then you may be able to set one up on your own computer - if you want to support more than that, then you will need to get shoutcast hosting.

There is a list of shoutcast hosts at http://www.radiotoolbox.com/hosts/
If you buy hosting them the IP will be provided.

If you use your own computer, you will be able to use localhost as your stream address
BELLonline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2006, 01:39   #3
oberheimhaven
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Daytona Beach FL
Posts: 15
Send a message via AIM to oberheimhaven Send a message via Yahoo to oberheimhaven
Hey I have winamp how do I get IP setup to run in vbulletin board what IP how would I set up?
oberheimhaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2006, 14:52   #4
networknova
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: ontario
Posts: 402
Send a message via Yahoo to networknova
if running the server on your home computer you can connect to it with the winamp dsp using the ip 127.0.0.1, and your listeners would have to use your external ip which can be found here http://ip.host-comp.com .( Dont forget to check your router settings and forward the correct ports )

if you have shoutcast installed on a remote server, simpley ping the server address or domain. In this case your listeners will use the same address to listen to the broadcast ( or any domain listed on that ip ).

Hope this helps
networknova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2006, 19:11   #5
oberheimhaven
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Daytona Beach FL
Posts: 15
Send a message via AIM to oberheimhaven Send a message via Yahoo to oberheimhaven
thxs

hey thxs will try that Im new at all of this It took me forever but the directions and THXSSSSSS are note for note so I followed and shes up and running!! I just want to get this out on my board so they can hear there jams being broadcasted!! So I just use that address you provided and all should be fine? sorry rookie here but Im learning fast

thxs all
Oberheimhaven!!
Musicians Quarters!!!
oberheimhaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2006, 19:12   #6
oberheimhaven
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Daytona Beach FL
Posts: 15
Send a message via AIM to oberheimhaven Send a message via Yahoo to oberheimhaven
???

Quote:
Originally posted by networknova
if running the server on your home computer you can connect to it with the winamp dsp using the ip 127.0.0.1, and your listeners would have to use your external ip which can be found here http://ip.host-comp.com .( Dont forget to check your router settings and forward the correct ports )

if you have shoutcast installed on a remote server, simpley ping the server address or domain. In this case your listeners will use the same address to listen to the broadcast ( or any domain listed on that ip ).

Hope this helps
Ok kewl I did that however It wont let me do it, I know I heard some routers will not allow this revers something or another how can i tell if this is up http://65.33.121.77:8000/listen.pls

Let me know if this works m8
oberheimhaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2006, 19:21   #7
BELLonline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 254
Seems to be working well, good work
BELLonline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2006, 19:24   #8
oberheimhaven
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Daytona Beach FL
Posts: 15
Send a message via AIM to oberheimhaven Send a message via Yahoo to oberheimhaven
really?? Its working AWESOME you guys ROCk thanks for all the help and those directions were like to the tee step by step i followed Yea Yea Yea Ok Im over excited thanks m8's very much
Musiciansquarters
Now everyones jam can be broadcasted kewl beans!!!!
oberheimhaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2006, 19:35   #9
Nick@ss
Moderator
 
Nick@ss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Streamsolutions Headquarters
Posts: 11,953
Re: ???

Quote:
Originally posted by oberheimhaven
Ok kewl I did that however It wont let me do it, I know I heard some routers will not allow this revers something or another how can i tell if this is up http://65.33.121.77:8000/listen.pls

Let me know if this works m8
you use http://localhost:8000
Nick@ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2006, 23:49   #10
oberheimhaven
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Daytona Beach FL
Posts: 15
Send a message via AIM to oberheimhaven Send a message via Yahoo to oberheimhaven
Re: Re: ???

Quote:
Originally posted by nick@ss
you use http://localhost:8000
Ok thanks great, this has been nothing less then the colliest thing besides beer lol thanks everyone rock on and tune in to our new group of musicians we have it all some really kick @ss guitar players!
MusiciansQuarters.com
Oberheimhaven
Markanthony

thxs again all!!
oberheimhaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2010, 22:26   #11
YourLovelyDeath
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by BELLonline View Post
You will need to have a server set up to stream to (Shoutcast does not provide this)

If you are only looking to support around 5-10 listeners, then you may be able to set one up on your own computer - if you want to support more than that, then you will need to get shoutcast hosting.

There is a list of shoutcast hosts at http://www.radiotoolbox.com/hosts/
If you buy hosting them the IP will be provided.

If you use your own computer, you will be able to use localhost as your stream address


how do i set up one using my own computer??
YourLovelyDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2010, 01:52   #12
thinktink
Forum King
 
thinktink's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: On the streets of Kings County, CA.
Posts: 3,001
Send a message via Skype™ to thinktink
Start here:
http://www.shoutcast.com/broadcast-tools
thinktink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2017, 01:48   #13
Foxxe
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 7
Umm are you referring to a DDNS? (such as dyn.com or no-ip.com)?
Foxxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2017, 14:10   #14
BELLonline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 254
This is an 11 year old thread
BELLonline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2017, 00:49   #15
GranTravieso
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 2
really i wish someone would do it for me, i feel like an old person asking me to setup there vcr. ill keep working on it. cant get it to login to thwe server. followed the directions....
GranTravieso is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Technical Support

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump