Old 23rd September 2002, 18:32   #41
rpeterclark
Major Dude
(Reviewer)

Quote:
Originally posted by Adil
rpeterclark, keep cool my friend. If you say it's a coincidence I believe you.
no one wants this nice skin to disapear especially not me !
It actually looks better than neoJB's remote and you have a different style than mine.

As that lamer (nysaga) said before, you need some colors in the display
(but I beg you not to use boom's blue :P)
Awesome!
rpeterclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2002, 19:00   #42
D&B
Banned

Don't bully another great skinner out of the community, Adil.

Remember, great minds think a like.
D&B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2002, 19:12   #43
nysaga

Quote:
rpeterclark, keep cool my friend. If you say it's a coincidence I believe you.
no one wants this nice skin to disapear especially not me !
It actually looks better than neoJB's remote and you have a different style than mine.

As that lamer (nysaga) said before, you need some colors in the display
(but I beg you not to use boom's blue :P)
I'm disappointed you weren't banned for longer than you were. Your skinning skills may be great but you act like a little sh*t a lot of the time. I shouldn't be too harsh though since you're just a 10yo with impeccable photoshop skills.
nysaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2002, 19:36   #44
Gonzotek
Gunslinger

Hey kids, it's your friendly neighborhood thread locker, here with another helpful hint:

STOP IT NOW. OR ELSE.

Adil, if you're going to make a negative comment about SOMEONE (not their skins, but themselves) do not make it in the Winamp3 forums. They're my moderating ground, and even before being asked to moderate, I felt strongly about keeping this community strong. FINAL WARNING.

nysaga, Don't let other people draw you down to their levels. Consider that a warning as well.

I don't like being the referree, but I'm here to do my job. You're welcome not to like it or me either, but I'm still here to do the job.

-=Gonzotek=-

"Or else," he says. "Or Else, What?" you ask. Don't try me or you'll find out.

I was away for a while.
But I'm feeling much better now.
Gonzotek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2002, 19:38   #45
frisbeemonkey
Major Dude

Please take this outside...
This is an awesome skin in the works, we don't need to detract from it's greatness by filling yet another thread with personal attacks and ego clashes.
ANYWAYS, rpeterclark, let me just say... WOW! This is gonna be the coolest set of skins in the solar system... well, wait, it IS the solar system You're gonna have to slow down though, you're make the rest of us would-be skinners look bad. Neptune was just finished, I blink, and now Mercury is rising, geez. I'm still working on my second skin(3rd if you count the MAKI skin), and it has been taking me months(of on and off work, but still) to get where I am now.
Keep up the impressive work
~FrisbeeMonkey
PS. Those buttons are done with Photoshop styles? Wow, I know my PS skills are limited, but apparently I am missing out on a lot of helpful features too.
frisbeemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2002, 19:39   #46
simon snowflake
Skin Wizard
(Forum King)

Location: Gent, Belgium. does anybody know where the toilets are?
Send a message via ICQ to simon snowflake
AMEN

don't be a thief of your own life.... : DEXYD - Digitally EXpressing Your Dreams

Join the Winamp Enthusiasts Forum - Join the Winamp Skin Love facebook group:
simon snowflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2002, 22:46   #47
Mr Jones
Nothing to say...

Quote:

As that lamer (nysaga) said before,...
Last word my friend, you have been banned once for this kind of shitola, I should have banned your ass previous to that, the same mistake won't be made again.

I do not care what your exuses are, this kind of flame incitement won't be tollerated any longer.

I suggest you go re-read the terms and conditions of these forums, and if you feel the need to incite any more flame throwing, I will wack your account, prune your threads , remove your skins from the database and ensure your IP is nuked faster than you can say Boom.

You may think winamp.com can't survive without your work, but trust me it will

Your call big shot.

PM sent, just in case you don't read this..
Mr Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2002, 23:03   #48
Robouk

damn Adil, why do you do it to yourself?
You know I like your skins and think you have talent but why get into so many arguments?
Robouk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2002, 23:17   #49
Adil
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to Adil Send a message via AIM to Adil Send a message via Yahoo to Adil
Oh no please not again, that was just a little sentence in a huge thread and you make it the new topic here. forget it, I said nothing.

now get back to the main topic and forget me
bye
Adil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2002, 00:38   #50
rpeterclark
Major Dude
(Reviewer)

Alright, now that the AC has kicked in, here's a fresh screenshot:

The only drastic change is the LCD screen. I've kind of expanded on the tab concept. If I can get the tabs coded to work the way I'm envisioning, I think it'll be sweet. You click on a tab, it slides down behind the active tab and smoothly slides back up in front of the others. Some tabs are going to require more vertical space than others, like the EQ, so when that one is active it will slide up to about the seek bar.

I'll keep you all posted as usual.

BTW, I got some crazy, absofreakinglutely CRAZY ideas for the next skin! I can't give anything away now, I don't even have a sketch to show, but someday...
Old 24th September 2002, 03:22   #51
ohhjebus

you've got skills man. really you do.
ohhjebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2002, 04:46   #52
Drex

Send a message via AIM to Drex
Awesome! I'd say hurry up and finish this so we can see what's in store, but that would sound ungrateful, and I'm anything but ungrateful. Your work is fantastic; keep it up.
Drex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2002, 07:25   #53
simon snowflake
Skin Wizard
(Forum King)

Location: Gent, Belgium. does anybody know where the toilets are?
Send a message via ICQ to simon snowflake
You and neko defenataly stand at the top of photoshop skillz to me.
This is freaking scary.

don't be a thief of your own life.... : DEXYD - Digitally EXpressing Your Dreams

Join the Winamp Enthusiasts Forum - Join the Winamp Skin Love facebook group:
simon snowflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2002, 15:48   #54
rpeterclark
Major Dude
(Reviewer)

Thanks guys, it a pleasure making skins with this kind of encouragement!

Here's a quick update, I've begun coding this main mode and it is coming along nicely. I still don't have anything solid to show for the winshade or components, but I prefer to bounce back and forth between coding and photoshop.

Once I get this main mode done, I'll post it so you all have something to play with (and find bugs) until I get the rest done.
Old 24th September 2002, 16:21   #55
Hawk

Thumbs up

Great! Thanks for keeping us informed
Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2002, 23:37   #56
D&B
Banned

I hate waiting. I want the whole solar system done NOW.
Old 25th September 2002, 06:59   #57
kiilu
Major Dude

will this be another one of yuor express skin ... i hope so...look at how many days you finished neptune
kiilu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2002, 07:17   #58
nysaga

take your sweet time Peter
nysaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2002, 16:09   #59
-=RoNtZ=-
Major Dude

Location: Universe > Milkyway > Sol > Earth > Europe > Germany > Bavaria > Near Nuremberg
Send a message via ICQ to -=RoNtZ=- Send a message via AIM to -=RoNtZ=- Send a message via Yahoo to -=RoNtZ=-
but scrennshots would be nice,too, though

Frozen skins: Gravestone Betaskins: Mushroom ::-:: The Claw
In development: TechnodropFinished: Draculas Helmet (<-- still waiting for some color themes!) ::-:: Hal's eye
-=RoNtZ=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2002, 16:17   #60
rpeterclark
Major Dude
(Reviewer)

Don't worry guys, I'm getting this one done quick. Right now the skin has been broken apart and laid out in XML. Everything works, except for the tab system at this point, but I'm making great progress. I learned a lot when making Neptune, and this one is going so much smoother. What is also nice is that I didn't have to make any graphical compromises, it looks EXACTLY like the screenshots I've posted, down to the pixel.

So once I get this tab system working right, I'll post a test version for you all to play with. Shouldn't be too much longer...
Old 25th September 2002, 16:21   #61
-=RoNtZ=-
Major Dude

Location: Universe > Milkyway > Sol > Earth > Europe > Germany > Bavaria > Near Nuremberg
Send a message via ICQ to -=RoNtZ=- Send a message via AIM to -=RoNtZ=- Send a message via Yahoo to -=RoNtZ=-
*yipie!!!*

In development: TechnodropFinished: Draculas Helmet (<-- still waiting for some color themes!) ::-:: Hal's eye
Old 25th September 2002, 16:26   #62
Drex

Incredible. You are a wonder to behold.
Old 25th September 2002, 18:55   #63
rpeterclark
Major Dude
(Reviewer)

Lightbulb Beta Available!

Is this quick enough for you all?

I got a Beta version all ready for you to play with. Here's the latest screenshot of it in action:

Here's the download:
Mercury_09-25-2002.wal (220KB)

A couple notes, no there are not any color shemes yet, I'm working on it. Check out the tabs, I think they came out damn cool. I'm planning on adding a fullscreen (in the LCD) vis thing.

So find me some bugs, use it, abuse it and let me know what you think. In the meantime, I'llwork on some of the other parts like a shade mode and the components.

Last edited by rpeterclark; 25th September 2002 at 21:21.
Old 25th September 2002, 19:05   #64
Gonzotek
Gunslinger

Very, very sweet. You're right, the tabs rock, BIG TIME!

No stop button, huh? I can live with that, why would I want to stop the music anyway?

-=Gonzotek=-

I was away for a while.
But I'm feeling much better now.
Gonzotek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2002, 19:11   #65
rpeterclark
Major Dude
(Reviewer)

Quote:
Originally posted by Gonzotek
No stop button, huh?
-=Gonzotek=-
Yeah, I decided that early on, and I think I'm going to stick with it. I pretty sure that the pause button can always be used in place of the stop button and unless there's overwhelming demand for a stop button, I'm leaving it off for aesthetic reasons.
Old 25th September 2002, 19:23   #66
D&B
Banned

FUCK! I wish I wasnt at work so I could play with this. And after work I have school....

I will tear into this the minute I get home.

You are amazing peter, not only do you have the best designs I've ever seen, perfectly slick code, but you pump it out in days! AWESOME!
Old 25th September 2002, 19:29   #67
will
Nullsoft Newbie (Moderator)

this skin must be leet, it says so!

[edit]
having looked more closely at this skin, i must say how very impressed i am.
Having recently re-discovered the joys of guiobject.gototarget(), i must commend you on excellent use of it. Superb coding all round
Very well done
The gfx are great too.
The only thing that would stop me from using this skin full time is the fact that there is no volume control or stop button.
I especially love the animation when the eq is selected.
full marks!
[/edit]
Attached Images
File Type: gif 1337.gif (2.7 KB, 256 views)

DO NOT PM ME WITH TECH SUPPORT QUESTIONS
will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2002, 19:40   #68
Drex

I can live without the stop button. Missing the Playlist button is a bit more cumbersome, moreso since it isn't listed with the skinned windows (obviously). If it doesn't fit into the grand scheme of things, it's certainly worth enduring for the better good. This thing is SLICK. I like the tabs and the animations attached to them. I've had no problems with anything to this point in playing with it.
Old 25th September 2002, 19:41   #69
rpeterclark
Major Dude
(Reviewer)

Quote:
Originally posted by willfisher
this skin must be leet, it says so!
Sweet!
Old 25th September 2002, 19:44   #70
Digital Dynamix

Awesome skin, I will switch back and forth between this and epsilux as my default skin once this skin has winshade mode.

Also, i think the timer area looked better without the tab thing. I am not talking about VIS, EQ, etc tabs, but i am talkign about the huge tab behind the timer. Just my opinion.
Digital Dynamix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2002, 19:48   #71
rpeterclark
Major Dude
(Reviewer)

Quote:
Originally posted by Drex
I can live without the stop button. Missing the Playlist button is a bit more cumbersome, moreso since it isn't listed with the skinned windows (obviously). If it doesn't fit into the grand scheme of things, it's certainly worth enduring for the better good. This thing is SLICK. I like the tabs and the animations attached to them. I've had no problems with anything to this point in playing with it.
My thinking was that since the Playlist is by default the first item on the thinger tab, that made up for the lack of button. But sometimes you do have to click over to that tab, or you have moved it around already. We shall see, there's still room on the skin...
Old 25th September 2002, 19:55   #72
-=RoNtZ=-
Major Dude

whoooohoooohoooo!! this skin rockz! but i don't like the visualizer that much.. take a look a flatnick's plastic angel, he has an own visualizer.. that would be cool on ur skin too! ...and the tabs are awesome! *g* ) ... and who needs a stop button, as long as he has a pause button?? not me!

Old 25th September 2002, 19:59   #73
rpeterclark
Major Dude
(Reviewer)

Quote:
Originally posted by -=RoNtZ=-
whoooohoooohoooo!! this skin rockz! but i don't like the visualizer that much.. take a look a flatnick's plastic angel, he has an own visualizer.. that would be cool on ur skin too!
You read my mind! I mentioned above that I was going to do a full LCD visualizer, but now that you have said that, perhaps I will add a custom vis into the vis tab rotation too. Thanks!
Old 25th September 2002, 20:01   #74
-=RoNtZ=-
Major Dude

hey, i'm glad IF i can help U somehow! *g* ... my standard skin changed at this moment *g*

Old 25th September 2002, 20:10   #75
Robouk

Amazing work all around, the tabs are great.
i like easy access to the pl if you can fit a button in for that it would make it a lil' more useable.
Robouk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2002, 20:11   #76
frisbeemonkey
Major Dude

Very cool! The tabs are even better than I was envisioning Here I was gonna ask if you wanted any help with that, but you had the situation more than under control, haha. Your skills in both graphics and coding are out of this world(sorry, couldn't resist) I'm anxiously awaiting your next skin and its "crazy, absofreakinglutely CRAZY" ideas just to see how you redefine the standards of greatness once again.
~FrisbeeMonkey
frisbeemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2002, 20:12   #77
-=RoNtZ=-
Major Dude

i think, in the "settings"-tab should be enough space for a playlist button, or what do u think?

Old 25th September 2002, 20:20   #78
rpeterclark
Major Dude
(Reviewer)

Quote:
Originally posted by -=RoNtZ=-
i think, in the "settings"-tab should be enough space for a playlist button, or what do u think?
Well, I think putting the playlist under the settings tab, might be a bit out of place since it's not really a setting. I have a lot of space up near the timer, I think I will move some stuff around up there and see if I can fit a playlist button and possibly a media lib button.
Old 25th September 2002, 20:25   #79
-=RoNtZ=-
Major Dude

i'm sure u'll find a place .. uhm.. but i don't think "repeat,shuffle and crossfade" are real SETTINGS... *g*... nahhh.. just forget it

Old 25th September 2002, 20:43   #80
dstro

beautiful skin!!!!!....

love almost every aspect but two comments...

the lcd looks very crowded to me
and the lcd shadow looks a little flat

those dont mean to be in a bad way and you cant please everyone...just what i think
dstro is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Skinning and Design > Modern Skins