Old 23rd January 2003, 23:40   #161
mazy

that would be great. what's the problem with font?
mazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2003, 00:16   #162
Da_Pipe

Send a message via ICQ to Da_Pipe Send a message via Yahoo to Da_Pipe
the font is ttf, which gammagroups don't work on. but i have an idea. i'll let you know.

btw- winamp has reviewed it and released it. Nonstep

Blah!
Da_Pipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2003, 00:39   #163
Plague
f(caffeine){
return wasabi;
}
(Forum King)

I had an idea that I think would be great to implement on nonstep.
Pipe suggested I'd post it here and if enough people like the idea, he said he'll do it..

When nonstep is snapped to top or bottom, it's also great to use autohide and always on top.
But atleast I don't use always on top on other skins normally, only on nostep, so for me it gets annoying to have to switch aot on every time I load nonstep and then off every time I load another skin.
My idea would be to autodetect the always on top setting when nonstep is loaded and then when you turn aot on or off in nonstep and then load another skin, it'll compare the autodetected setting and the setting you set yourself while in nonstep, if they match (if aot was on before loading nonstep and it was still on when you switched to another skin, or off before and still off after) then nothing will happen, but if they DON'T match (if it was off before and you turned it on in nonstep, or if it was on before and you turned it off in nonstep) it'll reset to whatever state it was before loading nonstep..

This could be an option since I doubt EVERYONE thinks this is a good idea..
Pipe said that when he set AOT on, he wants it on, not only on this skin.

That alone proves that we have different opinions, but everyone can be happy if this is implemented with an option to turn it off..

so, what do you all think?

-Plague
Plague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2003, 00:40   #164
YtseJam
Forum King

Send a message via ICQ to YtseJam Send a message via AIM to YtseJam
Would it be possible to make an option, to choose which buttons will be displayed in the control part?(where the play, pause, pl, ml, ctl and etc buttons are) because, for instance, I always delete the ML .wac whenever I install Winamp3 so I just figured it'd be neat if I could just remove it from the skin completely(and the skin will auto-adject to the change). What do you think? Maximum skin tweaking.

Another thing - how about an ability to move things around? like, instead of having the Thinger on the left, moving it to the right and what was on the right to the left, the same with the other parts, so the user could, again, adjest the skin to fit him.

What do you think?

Edit: some enhancment I just thought of: the goodnight script, when you want to increase the time all you need to do is to click untill you get to the right time, but what if you want to decrease? You have to continue left clicking untill the time cycles, my idea is - to, if possible, remove the right click menu from that part when right-clicking and instead of the menu, the time will decrease.
Does my English make any sense?

YtseJam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2003, 00:51   #165
Plague
f(caffeine){
return wasabi;
}
(Forum King)

check the manual, shift+leftclick decreases the time..

-Plague
Old 24th January 2003, 00:53   #166
Da_Pipe

nant, try pressing shift+left-click. unfortunatly i have yet to find a way to completely disable the right-click menu. i had originally planed to use right-click, but i was unable to do so. so i came up with the shift+left-click.

btw- shift+left-click works with all of the number boxes.

Blah!
Old 24th January 2003, 01:01   #167
Plague
f(caffeine){
return wasabi;
}
(Forum King)

to disable the right click menu, just use the command " complete; " after you have done what you wanted with the right click..
it should disable all right click menus..

-Plague
Old 24th January 2003, 01:07   #168
ertmann|CPH
Forum Viking
(Forum King)

i absolutely love this skin (but i guess i should tho )

If you enable 'allways on top' and 'autohide top /w mouseover' it works unbelievably well

nice coding pipe

What do you think of these ideas guys?
animation on on/off autohide (will make the skin more bulky)
more powerfull gammagroups (is it neccesary?)
anymated drawers on playlist and medialibary (would make the whole
thing more dynamic, but less flexible (see ss on page 1)
)
disable the autohide on/off area in the top mode, in the area where the min, max, close buttons are on windows windows (not buts, but is it possible? )

Last edited by ertmann|CPH; 24th January 2003 at 01:29.
ertmann|CPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2003, 01:30   #169
Plague
f(caffeine){
return wasabi;
}
(Forum King)

I like most of the ideas ertmann..
not too fond of this one though "disable the autohide on/off area in the top mode, in the area where the min, max, close buttons are on windows windows". I see what you mean, but I also think it could be annoying..
I have the same problem as you have but I turned off mousemove instead, so I need to click on nonstep to bring it back, works really well once you get used to it..
playlist and ml in drawers could be an interesting idea, but it need to be optional, for both of them, cos people might not want to have both/any of them in drawers..

I had another idea some time ago, I'll post it here for you to comment on (and comment on my previous idea a few posts up too):
How about a similar option to the Enable mousemove option, so that it doesnt autohide until it looses focus, instead of waiting X amount of seconds.. Cos I want to have autohide, but I also want to see the skin without having to hold the cursor on it..
With this option, you could have autohide on, and the skin would still be visible until it looses focus..

Windows does this, but only if you click on the taskbar when autohide is on, if you only move the mosue over it, it will hide again once you move the mouse away from it, if you click on it though, it will stay visible until it looses focus..

Might be agood idea to do exactly that on nonstep..
Think about it..

-Plague
Old 24th January 2003, 09:50   #170
mazy

i'm all for more powerfull gammagroups

* and then that font color thing (it's possible to change font's color in skins like mmd3, so i guess it should be doable).

* bigger selectable song name fonts, please guys, that's a big plus for me

* better position of seekbar (as i've suggested, probably directly in the song name field

BUG: i'm running at 1600x1200 with vertical taskbar on the left. with 'auto resize',nonstep selects right width to fill my desktop,but it sets it's position to the (0,0) position on screen, not (0,0) on desktop. it's a bit annoying, could you work it out or change it that in case of 'move free' selected, it would show on the last position i've moved it to?
mazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2003, 09:51   #171
binary hero
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to binary hero
OMG! you got a review from muhammed ali repanzah kudos
binary hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2003, 10:34   #172
J_Bloggs
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by ThePlague
...My idea would be to autodetect the always on top setting when nonstep is loaded and then when you turn aot on or off in nonstep and then load another skin, it'll compare the autodetected setting and the setting you set yourself while in nonstep, if they match (if aot was on before loading nonstep and it was still on when you switched to another skin, or off before and still off after) then nothing will happen, but if they DON'T match (if it was off before and you turned it on in nonstep, or if it was on before and you turned it off in nonstep) it'll reset to whatever state it was before loading nonstep...
Is this even possible? I ve been trying something similer for a few days, and from what I've seen you can only toggle always on top, not set it on or off. Maybe I'm wrong, but if I am can someone tell me how to set it on or off sepecifically?

BUG:
I snaped it to the bottom, and most of it went transparent. I'm using win98 if that helps.
Attached Images
File Type: png nonstep bug.png (6.0 KB, 228 views)

¯¯¯¯Joe Bloggs____
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
J_Bloggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2003, 12:47   #173
Plague
f(caffeine){
return wasabi;
}
(Forum King)

yes it's possible to set on and off..

you just insert this in onscriptloaded:
PHP Code:
  ConfigItem item;

item Config.getItem("Options");
  if (
item != NULL) {

attr_aot item.getAttribute("Always on top");
  } 
and this where you want:
PHP Code:
//get data
Boolean AOT StringToInteger(attr_aot.getData());  //to check if it's on or off

//set data
attr_aot.setData(integertostring(1));  //or 0 
something like that..
simple!

-Plague
Old 24th January 2003, 15:32   #174
GrahamUNC

I just downloaded the Nonstep skin and it looks great and I think the new features are a great addition to Winamp3 skins.

I am having a problem with the skin however. When I use the <> arrows to move to the AVS it pops up the Winamp AVS Editor and I can only close it by clicking the <> arrows again. The "X" in the window will not close the editor. That really isn't the problem though. When I try to move back to the equilizer, alarm, or anything else the window between the <> arrows is black. It says which window I am supposed to see when I switch where the artist info usually is but there is nothing in the window.

I have tried shutting Winamp3 down and rerunning but have had no success with fixing the problem. The only way I've figured to get the equilizer, alarm, etc back is to switch skins and then switch back to Nonstep. But then if I move the <> arrows in the wrong direction and accidently get to the AVS, the whole process starts over again.

I am running on Win2000 if that helps.

Thanks.
GrahamUNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2003, 15:33   #175
ertmann|CPH
Forum Viking
(Forum King)

Quote:
Originally posted by binary hero
OMG! you got a review from muhammed ali repanzah kudos
I dont get it, is it a joke or is he some sort of guru?

Quote:
Originally posted by GrahamUNC
I just downloaded the Nonstep skin and it looks great and I think the new features are a great addition to Winamp3 skins.

I am having a problem with the skin however. When I use the <> arrows to move to the AVS it pops up the Winamp AVS Editor and I can only close it by clicking the <> arrows again. The "X" in the window will not close the editor. That really isn't the problem though. When I try to move back to the equilizer, alarm, or anything else the window between the <> arrows is black. It says which window I am supposed to see when I switch where the artist info usually is but there is nothing in the window.

I have tried shutting Winamp3 down and rerunning but have had no success with fixing the problem. The only way I've figured to get the equilizer, alarm, etc back is to switch skins and then switch back to Nonstep. But then if I move the <> arrows in the wrong direction and accidently get to the AVS, the whole process starts over again.

I am running on Win2000 if that helps.

Thanks.
Try to configure your AVS, and then close down the window
Old 24th January 2003, 15:35   #176
GrahamUNC

Deleted text due to double post....sorry.
GrahamUNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2003, 03:34   #177
rpeterclark
Major Dude
(Reviewer)

I just downloaded this from Winamp. Pretty cool!

But I'm disappointed that there isn't a shade mode for the playlist. On the text above the playback controls, you have to click directly on the pixels, it would benefit from a rectrgn="1" at least, but I go further by making the whole orange area clickable. Tabs look a little whacked too.

Sorry if any of this had already been brought up, I did a quick flip through the thread beforehand and didn't see anything.
rpeterclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2003, 08:46   #178
Mr Jones
Nothing to say...

And the end result is....
Attached Images
File Type: gif nonstep160x100_128353.gif (4.3 KB, 250 views)
Mr Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2003, 12:12   #179
binary hero
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to binary hero
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr Jones
And the end result is....
!!
congratulations ertmann|CPH and everybody else involved in this project!
binary hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2003, 15:14   #180
Plague
f(caffeine){
return wasabi;
}
(Forum King)

yaay!
Damn that was fast
This skin really deserves it!
Congrats pipe and ertmann

-Plague
Old 30th January 2003, 18:45   #181
ertmann|CPH
Forum Viking
(Forum King)

JAY

/me very happy

and once again credits and thanx to pipe for the awsome coding
Old 30th January 2003, 23:45   #182
CaoJiong

This skin deserves every pixel of that image
CaoJiong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2003, 00:02   #183
ertmann|CPH
Forum Viking
(Forum King)

if some skin reviewer drops by...

it would be cool to have a category with the featured skins, i wanted to see what skins had previously been featured and i couldnt find it

or is it just me who is blind?
Old 31st January 2003, 00:05   #184
Mr Jones
Nothing to say...

Type FEATURED into the search
Old 31st January 2003, 00:08   #185
ertmann|CPH
Forum Viking
(Forum King)

*bump* so much for anyone here thinking i actually had a fraction of brains remaining
Old 31st January 2003, 00:46   #186
Plague
f(caffeine){
return wasabi;
}
(Forum King)

unfortunately, not all the featured skins/components are shown if you type "featured" in the search.
Only the ones where the author has updated his/hers comment with "Featured Skin/Component ...." show up..

Is there any way to find out afterwards when a skin/component was featured so the info can be added to the comments now instead?

-Plague
Old 31st January 2003, 07:20   #187
Mr Jones
Nothing to say...

All current featured skins should have had their description updated with "featured skin...." etc etc, do you know of one that hasn't?, I counted 45 featured skins, which seems about right.
Old 31st January 2003, 20:31   #188
Plague
f(caffeine){
return wasabi;
}
(Forum King)

Opal Redemption http://www.winamp.com/skins/detail.j...onentId=124692
was apparently Featured early this January (I missed it ) and it doesn't have that description update..
Also, my Poppler Replacement component http://www.winamp.com/components/det...onentId=121627
doesn't have that description update either, it was Featured in September..

That's all for now, I can check again later incase there are more of them..

-Plague
Old 31st January 2003, 22:57   #189
Mr Jones
Nothing to say...

I checked the featured image directory, there was about 53 featured skins images in there, some of them I don't think were ever put on the site, Lounge was in there and I don't recall that ever being featured, plus one or two others, so if you take those off it's almost right.

Nothings perfect however and one or two have slipped the net as you say, should be ok now though, reviewers are pretty much on top of the game at the minute....
Old 1st February 2003, 02:40   #190
Wildrose-Wally
The Albertan

Some of the images were never used, and some, or at least one, of the skins were deleted by the author, but all the skins in the database that were featured have been updated by me.
The reason why I use the skinner's comment line for that is so it will show in the "FEATURED" search, as it does not search the reviewers comments. No skinner has ever complained about it, so I will just keep on doing that.
Wildrose-Wally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2003, 03:37   #191
Plague
f(caffeine){
return wasabi;
}
(Forum King)

ok, so I guess Opal Redemption wasn't featured then?
the image is there, but I never saw it as featured..

How about the components then?
No component has been updated with the "Featured..." comment..

-Plague
Old 1st February 2003, 05:02   #192
Wildrose-Wally
The Albertan

No, they have never been done. Might have something to do with the fact I am a skin reviewer, components are reviewed by nullsoft staff.

However, if there's enough call for it, ask me to do it.
Old 1st February 2003, 05:15   #193
Plague
f(caffeine){
return wasabi;
}
(Forum King)

that would be great!
I think most people would love to have that info on the components aswell..
Especially the authors of the component since "featured" is sorta a proof of recognition or whatever to call it..

-Plague
Old 1st February 2003, 07:01   #194
Wildrose-Wally
The Albertan

Old 4th February 2003, 09:39   #195
Julius X

Send a message via ICQ to Julius X Send a message via AIM to Julius X
Been using this....

I downloaded this about a week ago, and I have to say, I love the skin. It meshes almost perfectly with my XP theme, and I love having it just chilling on the bottom of my screen above my taskbar. Great job to all involved.

Now, my point: When I tell NonStep to dock at the bottom, it does so. BUT - when I restart winamp, it starts nonstep up top again, even though the "snap to bottom" on the control ("CTL") menu is checked. I just click it again, to get it to go back down, but I have to do this every time I start Winamp3. Is there a way to fix this?

Other than that, again, I love it. :-)
Julius X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2003, 04:35   #196
J_Bloggs
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by J_Bloggs
BUG:
I snaped it to the bottom, and most of it went transparent. I'm using win98 if that helps.
I want to use this skin, but this bug hasn't been fixed .

¯¯¯¯Joe Bloggs____
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
J_Bloggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2003, 04:45   #197
Da_Pipe

i can't duplicate this bug and no else has said anything about it. Maybe it's your computer? I'll try to test nonstep on a win98 machine soon and see if i can find the bug. until then, don't snap to bottom.

Blah!
Old 9th February 2003, 19:47   #198
Korelin

Re: Been using this....

Quote:
Originally posted by Julius X
I downloaded this about a week ago, and I have to say, I love the skin. It meshes almost perfectly with my XP theme, and I love having it just chilling on the bottom of my screen above my taskbar. Great job to all involved.

Now, my point: When I tell NonStep to dock at the bottom, it does so. BUT - when I restart winamp, it starts nonstep up top again, even though the "snap to bottom" on the control ("CTL") menu is checked. I just click it again, to get it to go back down, but I have to do this every time I start Winamp3. Is there a way to fix this?

Other than that, again, I love it. :-)
I'm having the same issue with this skin... only problem, other then the playlist not appearing, that I've found. It's snapped to bottom and even says it under the control tab, but when I close and bring it back up, it goes back to the top. After looking at the control tab, it still says "snap to bottom".

I tried it on my laptop, and the same thing occurred there as well. The only thing I have running at the same time during my trials was windowblinds, so I removed that from the equation… still the same results.

Both machines, Windows XP home edition.

I love this skin, but it is annoying having to snap it to bottom every time I launch winamp3. Great skin otherwise!
Korelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2003, 20:06   #199
Korelin

Tried it on my win2k box and the same thing occured as well... /shrug.
Korelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2003, 20:42   #200
Plague
f(caffeine){
return wasabi;
}
(Forum King)

it's simple to fix this..
in maki you just check if any of the "snap to ..." is checked and if that's the case, simply run that code again (to make it re-snap).
Do this when winamp starts and when the skin refreshes.

-Plague
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Skinning and Design > Modern Skins