Old 15th November 2003, 14:35   #201
Mmusicman

...OOPS...same here...window just flashes & disappears...

...a fly has landed on the "Mona Lisa"...

(Windows XP Pro, Winamp 5 (beta Oct 23)
Mmusicman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2003, 14:43   #202
DrO

disable the position restore option if that's on (that should fix it)

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2003, 14:50   #203
Mmusicman

Restore option was off, but turning on "Jump to File in Winamp Styled Window" fixed problem.

Works now with "restore" option off or on..

Winamp style skin looks NICE!!!
Old 15th November 2003, 14:52   #204
DrO

shit, i thought i'd fixed that problem with the window without the skin option on.

editting the original post for that - hopefully all else is working correctly

-daz
Old 15th November 2003, 15:05   #205
Mmusicman

DrO: another suggestion...(if I might be so bold...I feel like I should "kiss" your ring first)...

Is it possible to have the "double-click" default option show up as a "highlighted button"? (I accidentally cut a song off at gig last night because I double-clicked and didn't "see" that default was still set on "jump to" instead of "move after"...

Signed, A Humble Admirer
Old 15th November 2003, 15:14   #206
Chris Diack

My compliments to you again DrO.

Both the extended playlist and the refinement to the Jump to File are just about the best thing to be added to Winamp 2xx (which I love dearly).

I can't wait to see how you refine the extended playlist as it seems to be exactly along the lines of what I have been searching for within the confines of your Jump to File creation, only better.

Referring back to my earlier post, I am eager with anticipation to know if the jump (forward) to a given file (not a given playlist number) at a given time is going to be a possibility.

That aside, I'm sure I speak for all of us, when I ask and hope that all is well with your social life, given the amount of kudos and gentle pressure we have bestowed on you as you accede to our suggestions.

Thank you yet again for your time and effort.

We are truly indebted to you.

Chris in New Zealand.
Chris Diack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2003, 15:26   #207
DrO

@Mmusicman: run out of time to get that in for this one but that'll be in the next one with the feature fix sorted.

got to say thanks for pointing it out. the reason it got through is that i forgot to do a clean run on my machine with the new version

@Chris: it'll be in the 1.0 release - gives a third option on enqueuing files which is sensible to have i think now i've got the core for the others sorted out, yay (would come as a fourth config page that )

the social life is fine as well, thanks for the concern (girlfriend round tonight )

-daz
Old 15th November 2003, 15:30   #208
Mmusicman

Quote:
Originally posted by Mmusicman
DrO: ...another suggestion...
...like asking "Van Gogh" to "add" something to his "masterpiece"...
...like asking "Beethoven" to "add" a note to his "symphony"...
...like asking... well, you get the point!
Old 15th November 2003, 15:39   #209
DrO

Quote:
Originally posted by Mmusicman
...like asking "Van Gogh" to "add" something to his "masterpiece"...
...like asking "Beethoven" to "add" a note to his "symphony"...
...like asking... well, you get the point!
it's not a problem. if an idea is good then i'll put it in if it's going to be able to benefit others

-daz
Old 15th November 2003, 17:21   #210
Dipso

Great stuff dr.o, dunno if you noticed this, but if you double click on the pl.edit to windowshade it while the j dialog is active the dialog goes black.

Also it would be great if the insides of the dialog scales with it, and making the minimum size larger. (no biggie though )

Cant wait for the next release, my bet is it is going to roxor bigtime.

Phear the headbanging llama!!!

http://dipso.deviantart.com <- Art, Graphics, Photography.
Dipso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2003, 17:38   #211
DrO

will check it out.

as for the dialog thing, i was considering adding in the ability to 'resize' it but will wait and see...

-daz
Old 15th November 2003, 18:01   #212
Plague
f(caffeine){
return wasabi;
}
(Forum King)

very nice!

I found one bug so far (not counting the ones already mentioned ofcourse):

if you enqueue a file with custom text formatting enabled and then play that file, the custom text doen't change back again..
Tho I see that's a department still under development so you probably already know about it..

-Plague
Plague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2003, 21:57   #213
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

Doubly awesome DrO
Nice work!

Yup, there are a few bugs in this version though . . .

Tested with Winamp 5.0 Beta (latest internal build), under modern skin,
but not extensively yet (these are just initial observations)
(XP 2400+, 512 ram, GF4, WinXP sp1, DX9, no garbage running/installed)

Note: none of these things happen under classic skin.
All is well in that department! Yay!
So I guess that the plugin is fully 2.9x compatible.

-Still not appearing when not skinned (opens, then vanishes),
but appears unskinned ok if opened when skinned,
then disabling that option in prefs.

-When skinned, sometimes crashes Winamp when opening & closing
(ie. J -> Close -> J -> crash)

-Goes all freaky when putting pledit in windowshade mode
Frame remains as is, but contents are blank (no buttons either). Contents are ghosted to a second adjacent frameless window with working buttons. You can close original frame by clicking x in top right corner, but ghost window remains and can be closed by clicking "close" button.
But if I press J again after this, Winamp crashes (same error as above), but no crash error info is written to Event Viewer (Winamp process just ends).
If I close it by clicking "close" button on ghost window, then both ghost & frame window close properly, and no crash ensues (when hitting J again).

Screenshot(s) available on request

-What Plague said

Niggly observation:
Only applies to modern skin(s)...
Default window size is too small (when opened for first time in skinned mode),
eg. buttons at bottom aren't initially visible (could confuse some users).

Apart from that . . . looking good (understatement)

btw, opacity & scaling both work perfectly under modern skin. Yay!

Go DrO Go !!!

ps. probably not possible (?) but an "always on top" option would be marvellous!
DJ Egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2003, 22:38   #214
amano
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by Plague
very nice!

if you enqueue a file with custom text formatting enabled and then play that file, the custom text doen't change back again..
I don't see any problem. why should it switch back to anything, it uses your marking preference when turning this on and uses that until you change that.

Other than the bugs alredy noted.
-It goes mad when you switch between skins (at least modern and classic). maybe turn off the dialog if skins are switched
-alt-(keypad number) symbols don't work, like alt-17 --> ◄ in the formatting dialog

Otherwise fine:
+jump to button and close button make sense and work now
+queuemarking in the jump-to dialog works, until you close that dialog.
+skinning, yeah

eeeee eeeeeee eeeee eeeee eeeee
8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 88
8eee8 8e 8 8 8eee8 8e 8 8 8
88 8 88 8 8 88 8 88 8 8 8
88 8 88 8 8 88 8 88 8 8eee8
amano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2003, 23:56   #215
Plague
f(caffeine){
return wasabi;
}
(Forum King)

what I meant was that the <<%n>> never goes away from the file again, after it's been played...

-Plague
Plague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2003, 11:45   #216
DrO

ok here's a fixed version for the unskinned opening now (works on a clean install ) and added in the default button part request from Mmusicman.

@Plague: that's still to be finished - thought i'd leave what i've done active so you can see it working (that'll be finished soon).

@DJ Egg: haven't fully tested with modern skins but will check that out soon. i think i know what the ghost window part is (not correctly checking a window handle i think )

as for the buttons, the default size needed to be fixed - just wanted to show it in use

as for the "always on top" - i'll see what i can do

@amano: i'll check the skin switching (seemed to be fine with classic skins)
for the alt numbers, i think that's down to the way the edit control works - will look at getting it worked around if i can or add in an abilty for extra control codes to map a number to a character.

thanks for the feedback people - much appreciated

-daz
Old 16th November 2003, 11:47   #217
DrO

here it is, oops

-daz
Attached Files
File Type: zip gen_jumpex_v0_9j.zip (9.6 KB, 1934 views)
Old 16th November 2003, 12:20   #218
amano
Major Dude

Thanks for the fast bugfix version. Now the unskinned dialog comes up correctly. And the highlighted default button is grat, too!!

Quote:
Originally posted by DrO
i'll check the skin switching (seemed to be fine with classic skins)
Yes, classic to classic WFM.
there are problems with switching from modern to modern, classic to modern, and modern to classic. Shouldn't be high on the priority list though as there is a workaround (just don't switch skins when the dialog is open).

Quote:
Originally posted by DrO
for the alt numbers, i think that's down to the way the edit control works - will look at getting it worked around if i can or add in an abilty for extra control codes to map a number to a character.
Hmm, I don't think, that this is a bug, rather a suggestion. shouldn't be high on the priority list, maybe a goodie if it was very easy to implement. And I see that it doesn't work in the Advanced Title Format Display either, so just skip this request.

Personally I would be keen on the corrected shuffle logic next
(or an option to manipulate the playlist position)

Keep up your great work!

8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 88
Old 16th November 2003, 12:35   #219
amano
Major Dude

just another encounter.

the F3 button now brings up the modified dialog now, formerly (up to 0.9a) it brought up the original dialog (I like to mention that because some pages ago *LOL* someone discussed if that was a feature or not).
on the other hand pushing the ";" button on the keypad does nothing now. formerly (again up to 0.a) it brought up the modified dialog.

8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 88
Old 16th November 2003, 13:28   #220
DrO

i was wondering when someone would comment on the F3 thing.

all buttons that winamp uses are mapped to now open the jtfe version if the mode is turned on. as for the ';' that has never been a valid option - it should be the '.' on the keypad

Quote:
Thanks for the fast bugfix version.
one line of code to fix that, doh!

-daz
Old 16th November 2003, 14:03   #221
Mmusicman

v0.9j: Sweeeeet!!! ...Love the highlighted buttons addition! (repeat praise...see pages 1-6)

One thing that makes this plug really nice is that it is SO user adjustable friendly. Dro: It would seem, you have found a way to make (most) everyone happy.

The "unskinned" version works fine now...(my preferred preferrence) in "classic" mode.

THANK YOU!
Old 16th November 2003, 14:14   #222
DrO

that's two confirms the fix works

the button addition was on the way (you noticed how it will change if you change it on the prefs page and jtf dialog is open )

glad you (and everyone else likes it). now to work on a few things and get the modern skin compatibility and the few bugs fixed.

-daz
Old 16th November 2003, 14:45   #223
DrO

updated todo list

here's the update of the current list of things to do
[list=1][*]correct shuffle logic handle of enqueued files[*]updating of the enqueued list indicators (play/queue changes)[*]restore of the shuffle mode (if turned off by 'move after current')[*]full dialog skinning support[*]correct handling of modern skins (switching, showing, etc)[*]always on top option (@DJ Egg - this should be possible )[*]jump to file on time option (to give three queuing options )[*]menu support to use allow for enqueue next in the playlist (hacking time for this one )[*]resizeable dialog (very low priority!)[*]fixing any other bugs, etc that are/appear[*]tracking of playlist alterations to ensure the queue list is valid where physically possible - post 1.0 that will be[/list=1]as soon as i can i will release a new version (with hopefully all current bugs, etc fixed ) and the queue marking and shuffle logic tracking implemented.

-daz
Old 16th November 2003, 15:17   #224
quentin

i have tried it for about 2 seconds until i noticed that "SHIFT + ENTER" does not work to enqueue a song i went back to v0.9a

but after giving it a second try it looks really good!

did i make something wrong or what happened to my shift+enter option?

thanks DrO!
quentin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2003, 15:25   #225
DrO

that should be working.

have you checked if the file is being added to the queue?
(just click on the enqueue text at the bottom to get to the prefs page quickly). then do a 'shift+enter' and see what happens (it should be added to the list).

the reason could be that the leave dialog open option may be enabled.

(really need to get a readme done for all of the changes/features in there now )

-daz
Old 16th November 2003, 17:27   #226
quentin

no i mean, when i [shift+enter]-click a song, the plugin jumps do the song instead of enqueuing it, no mather if the dialog is open or not!

and the songs won't be enqueued!

and that was everything i ever needed shift+enter

sorry for complaining, just want to help improving it
Old 16th November 2003, 17:41   #227
DrO

i'll check it out in a bit. i was sure that it was working but it may be due to the default button fix i added in (didn't get to full test it before releasing it).
Quote:
just want to help improving it
so do i

in the mean time have you tried altering the default enter/double-click option to be the enqueue option - that should be working and it saves you having to hold down shift

-daz
Old 16th November 2003, 18:22   #228
quentin

yeah maybe but i want "play directly" as default and "enqueue" as option, not the other way round

another thing i just noticed, when unchecking "leave dialog open when using 'added' buttons": the dialog will disappear when i doubleclick a song in the list, but not, if i press enter (enter jumps to the file and plays it, but leaves the dialog open)

and i'm more the shortcut type than using the mouse... but maybe i am way to confused now and don't unterstand everything allright for now...
Old 16th November 2003, 20:00   #229
Chris Diack

Jump to File = Just awesome...

Chris
Chris Diack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2003, 01:46   #230
amano
Major Dude

@plague:
Sorry for beeing so dumb. Now I stumbled over the bug that you mentioned by myself and now I know what you were talking about. Sure the queuemarkings should be set to normal, when there are no songs enqueued anymore.

EDIT: another update (I think I was too tired in the morning ):
the keypad button works fine, I just didn't have the numlock on. Sorry for that, too.

8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 88
Old 17th November 2003, 02:00   #231
amano
Major Dude

Re: updated todo list

Quote:
Originally posted by DrO
[*]menu support to use allow for enqueue next in the playlist (hacking time for this one )
Hmm, are you still planning to show queuemarkings there too? allow alt-click enqueueing? or enqueueing by the right click menu?

or is that a maybe for the distant future?

8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 88
Old 17th November 2003, 08:52   #232
DrO

Quote:
Originally posted by quentin
another thing i just noticed, when unchecking "leave dialog open when using 'added' buttons": the dialog will disappear when i doubleclick a song in the list, but not, if i press enter (enter jumps to the file and plays it, but leaves the dialog open)
i've checked it out and the changes for the default button code appear to be swallowing the button messages when it shouldn't be. so it's not you quentin

i'm, working on fixing the code and should get a fix soon
(i need to overhaul the code again so that it will correctly work for the menu's, etc - i think i know what the problem is so v0.9j2o should be out sooner to fix this issue )

thanks for pointing out the problem!

@amano: it's a 'feature' i just wanted to show how the code works in use so if there were any problems on display then these could be found. that'll be finished soon (is on a high priority!)

as for the keypad button, not to worry

with the playlist, it will initially be from a menu - just added to the list with probably no indicator. need to look at things a bit more to see what can/can't be done.

suprised no one has commented on the working 'alt+click' option on the jtfe dialog...

@DJ Egg: "always on top" is possible with limitations on it though! if the window is skinned then it seems to follow winamp's style automatically (overriding it is not ideal since it screws up winamp's state). i will look at this a bit more to see if i can work things around (seems to work for an unskinned window though).

also i've reproduced the problems you mentioned about ghost frames, etc - i think the problem is down to the frame being destroyed and recreated and not correctly checking a few of the window handles (need to check it out properly still).

i haven't confirmed the "Goes all freaky when putting pledit in windowshade mode" but i need to check things more on it (forgot to test it properly under beta 2 last night - mainly developed under 2.9x at the moment)

well this version was not as ideal as i hoped but i guess it's good the amount of feedback that's come back so the next version should be clear of most bugs i think. thanks people!

-daz
Old 18th November 2003, 01:19   #233
southernrock212

Another Feature

Hello, I have a request for another button at the bottom if it is possible to add any more! It would be along the lines of "Move after Previous (MAP)"

Currently a "move after current (MAC)" applied on song 4 within a playlist containing songs 1,2,3,4,5 while it is playing song 1 would give you: 1,4,2,3,5 Then if you repeated "MAC" again with song 5 your playlist would now read: 1,5,4,2,3

Iam wondering if an option could be added to produce this- The origianl playlist is 1,2,3,4,5. "MAC" on song 4 gives you: 1,4,2,3,5. Then you could click "move after previous" (MAP) on song 5 and your playlist would now be: 1,4,5,2,3. While a second "MAP" applied on song 3 would give you 1,4,5,3,2...and so on.

I am looking at this as being a very usefull method of Hot-Playlisting with a large list. This would allow you to keep the original list and without duplicating songs, start fresh with the playlist and work my way down. If you can't exactly follow what i am getting at with the move after previous please let me know, because i really think that would be a major enhancment to your nifty Jump features you all ready have

SouthernRock212
southernrock212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2003, 05:09   #234
WHEREamI
Major Dude

Preferences->Jump To File->Enqueue Options
Check "Allow 'Move after current' to move files as a list" under Enqueuing Control Options.
WHEREamI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2003, 08:46   #235
DrO

@southernrock212: already beat you to that one

as for adding another button that won't happen, sorry about that but the layout as is seems to be the most sensible and fits in with the existing style of the dialog (before i got my hands on it )

remember you can easily get to the preferences page from the dialog's right-click menu or clicking in the enqueue file indicator (at the bottom).

as a note - this is not working correctly under winamp 5 but it's a simple fix yay

[ i've done a hard coded method to find the jtf prefs page and in winamp 5 they changed the name of where i'm expecting to find it so i just need to do a general sweep of the items now which is just a few lines of changed code ]

v0.9j2O is coming along at the moment - working on the skinning / window crash issues and on getting the menu/click options working properly again.

-daz
Old 18th November 2003, 23:07   #236
southernrock212

SWEETNESS, thanks for the tip (DrO n'WHEREamI). I put a checkmark in the move as a list option and that is totaly what i was lookin' for!
If I may throwout a different suggestion..
While the jump to file window is not designed for more indepth searching for files, the media library is. Is it possible to be able to search for a file in the ML and drag and drop it into the search field of the jump to file window? Yeah i know i could find my song in the ML and then go back to the jump window and search again...but drag and drop would be so much easier
southernrock212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2003, 08:34   #237
DrO

glad it's what you were looking for there

as for you're idea... haven't even considered something like that. i'll make a note of this and may look at it later once i'm post v1.0.

thanks for the suggestion southernrock212

-daz
Old 19th November 2003, 12:44   #238
DrO

In a few weeks i will add in support to Save "new playlist" from "Jump to file" search results taken from a post in the wishlist forum.

damn what a good idea

-daz
Old 19th November 2003, 13:06   #239
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

wayhey! neat!
DJ Egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2003, 20:49   #240
Mmusicman

DrO: You're waaaay ahead of us (as always) ...awsome!

Let me be the first to welcome everyone to page 7! of the "DrO's Appreciation Thread" formerly known as the "Enqueing via "J" Key menu"...home of the "hottest" new winamp plugin on the net!

Signed: A Greatful Admirer

Last edited by Mmusicman; 19th November 2003 at 21:04.
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion