Old 4th January 2004, 17:43   #241
Kickboy12

Send a message via ICQ to Kickboy12 Send a message via AIM to Kickboy12 Send a message via Yahoo to Kickboy12
Patience is a virtue...

... So I have heard, but It's bullshit in my opinion! :P

[@imho] man
[@imho] I had dreams about unit testing last night :-(
[@sim`a] i have nightmares about syntax errors, whats your point
Old 4th January 2004, 18:17   #242
lunarboy1
Forum King

and then another to schicago from ny, soooo when he posts it i'll be tucked away in my bed tonight, oh well.
Old 4th January 2004, 18:23   #243
DrO

almost 6:30pm (here) and the aim is for about 10:30pm(ish). just got to fix a loading issue with playlists (only got back home an hour ago )

-daz
Old 4th January 2004, 22:40   #244
lunarboy1
Forum King

holy crap!!! that's like almost now!
Old 4th January 2004, 23:55   #245
DrO

Preview 3

crap, it's an hour later than planned (needed to fix an annoying positioning bug).

KNOWN: the time display is slightly obscured

just have a play with it (this is more to check that fixes, etc are correctly working) but comes with some nice little gems that are almost there for the first release proper

download Preview 3 (v0.0z)

NOTE: if you tried out at least the last version then the previous settings will still apply. if need be just look in the winamp.ini and remove the 'extended playlist editor' and defaults will be restored

-daz
Old 5th January 2004, 00:06   #246
Andrea6187

Send a message via ICQ to Andrea6187 Send a message via AIM to Andrea6187
good!
Old 5th January 2004, 00:12   #247
Dextro

Looking good drO, can''t wait till a full working version

Old 5th January 2004, 00:19   #248
dlichterman
Forum King

WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!
Nice work. All it needs is the bug fix and the multiple playlist thing

Software is like sex: It's better when it's free.-*-If at first you don't succeed; call it version 1.0-*-Guess the band from pics game
Old 5th January 2004, 00:27   #249
DrO

yay, no major issues coming up so the extra work has been worth it :P

the aims now are to fix the remaining display issues and improve the menu options available. that way i can get single playlist support working so multiple playlists have something to then work with!

buttons and multiple editor windows are on the way next. the multiple windows just missed out on it for this version! (needs a few changes to the way i store the window handles to get that all working)

off to sleep now
-daz
Old 5th January 2004, 00:56   #250
WHEREamI
Major Dude

hehe: small issue: adding the ExPlEdit to the main menu causes the Equalizer menu entry to be duplicated. both work, though.
Old 5th January 2004, 03:27   #251
Kickboy12

Send a message via ICQ to Kickboy12 Send a message via AIM to Kickboy12 Send a message via Yahoo to Kickboy12
Well, I never used the old version, and I didn't really read this whole thread (To lazy). So, I'm going to post all of the bugs I have found; sorry if you already know about them

Bug #1: Time is obscured (Yes, I know you know about it, but I'm posting it here for completion).

Bug #2: Scrolling through the playlist is rather slow, and jerky, compared to the default playlist editor.

Bug #3: On the MMD3 skin, there is no arrow to shrink the window to a smaller position (Don't know if this is a bug with your plugin or the skin, but I'm just making you aware of it)

Bug #4: When playing another song, the playlist moves to the area in the playlist where the song is located, but it does not make the song the active selection.

Bug #5: Moving items around in the playlist completely screws it up.
a.) It doesn't properly move the item.
b.) The numbering becomes duplicated. (See screenshot attached to post)
c.) Messes with nameing (see screenshot again)

Bug #6: The Enter button is sapose to play the selected song. But it plays the first song on the playlist

Bug #7: For some reason when I press ctrl+P (For preference window) while the "extended playlist editor" is the active window, nothing happens.

That's about all I can find, really. There are lots more, I'm suure, but I think my work is done for now.

I know this is just a alpha version, really, so... it's looking good so far!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bug5_b-c.jpg (53.0 KB, 314 views)

[@imho] man
[@imho] I had dreams about unit testing last night :-(
[@sim`a] i have nightmares about syntax errors, whats your point
Old 5th January 2004, 05:40   #252
WhiteRayven
Major Dude

Uhhh, ok, I am lost here, I have installed the plugin. I think. I can't figure out if the plugin is working or not.

Why make something idiot proof?? Someone will only make a better idiot!
Old 5th January 2004, 07:08   #253
DrO

@WHEREamI: hehe, forgot to add that to the known list, oops. also there are a few issues with the menu and switching from modern -> classic (but i did on;y re-code the menu adding bits about 20mins before i uploaded it )

@WhiteRayven: if it's installed then if you move the playlist window you should find the 'extended playlist window' below it (that's how it works for the moment (note to self: must fix that soon). also look in the main right-click menu or the right-click menu on the playlist button (works for classic skins at least) where an extended playlist editor option should be. if the window is showing then just click and click again to close and bring to the front correctly.

@Kickboy12: too lazy to read it all tsk tsk

Bug #1 : known as you know

Bug #2 : with the defaults it will read all visible file times when they are first viewed which takes sometime. i've still to improve the reading method so it's delayed/done in a new thread, etc

Bug #3 : not supported but that's a limitation of the plugin system at the moment (hopefully i can work around it )

Bug #4 : maybe a focus issue (need to improve that code anyway)

Bug #5 : oops, forgot to finish that code - knwon issue already (my bad programming again, lol)

Bug #6 & #7 : hardly any keys are correctly mapped to the window at the moment hence ctrl+p, etc aren't working (soon i hope though since it's bugging me when testing things )

-daz
Old 5th January 2004, 18:12   #254
lunarboy1
Forum King

damn school, have to wait til later to try out

chow!
Old 5th January 2004, 20:17   #255
DrO

piccy for those who don't want to (or can't at the moment) download

-daz
Old 5th January 2004, 20:49   #256
Icegod

nice bg Dro
And nice plugin this one seems to work with me for a change
Old 5th January 2004, 21:02   #257
DrO

[offtopic]
bg image - was asked for a few pages back i think
[/offtopic]
Old 6th January 2004, 01:55   #258
skywalker6705

Send a message via AIM to skywalker6705 Send a message via Yahoo to skywalker6705
Nice

One of the fixes in the last release fixed whatever my problem was. Now I'm just waiting for it to finish being developed. Keep it up Dr0!

*Bug*: The playlist fails to update when it is changed.

Ideas I'm hoping for:

Ability to restore the splitter from the side to where it last was.

A reverse restore option (fans of the reverse poppler add-on know what I'm talking about)

Queue Sidecar option (possibly)

I realize I must be reiterating things Dr0 already thought about/planned, but what the hell.
Old 6th January 2004, 04:14   #259
WhiteRayven
Major Dude

OK, Is there a set of instructions some where? I have searched this thread to no avail. DrO's post earlier did help, and now I have the extended playlist open, but I am not sure how to encue files/load new playlists. Or is that not yet supported.

Old 6th January 2004, 12:36   #260
amano
Major Dude

It's a previw and therefore missing basic things - yet.

eeeee eeeeeee eeeee eeeee eeeee
8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 88
8eee8 8e 8 8 8eee8 8e 8 8 8
88 8 88 8 8 88 8 88 8 8 8
88 8 88 8 8 88 8 88 8 8eee8
Old 6th January 2004, 16:31   #261
nierke

Bug
Attached Images
File Type: png bug.png (19.4 KB, 299 views)

...:::nierke:::...
Old 6th January 2004, 19:02   #262
DrO

@WhiteRayven: if you load/add playlists via the original playlist at the moment then the extended playlist should update so the two match up. other alterations in the original playlist will not be relected though.

currently you can right-click and get the file info for that file, the sidecar has partial support for the selected entries option now (click the header bar to change the view).

the main reasonfor this release was to see if i'd fixed the major bugs with the code and to see if new / altered code is any better which luckily has been the case.

@skywalker6705: hehe, they will eventually make it in. in fact the sidecar code is in the process of being altered to be more general in operation for my benefit but will allow it to be like poppler by the end of it.

you have to remember that the code for the sidecar bar was taken straight from another project of mine which with the fixes to the code in preview 3 now is a good base to add on

-daz
Old 6th January 2004, 19:02   #263
WhiteRayven
Major Dude

I too have noticed that bug

Old 6th January 2004, 19:18   #264
WhiteRayven
Major Dude

Well so far I am very impressed with What I have seen... keep it up DrO!!

ps I cant wait for this to be finished

Old 6th January 2004, 19:18   #265
ayoungang

test

test
Old 8th January 2004, 03:31   #266
comet_11

Send a message via ICQ to comet_11 Send a message via AIM to comet_11 Send a message via Yahoo to comet_11
Integration?

Just downloaded preview 3, it's looking very nice. I can't say I've been following this thread as closely as I should have. I read the whole thing maybe a week ago and for that reason I apologise if something I say has already been suggestd and I've forgotten.

With that said, I have to ask about the way you construct the window. Namely, is it possible to 'borrow' elements from other windows? By which I mean, would you be able to take controls from the "playlist editor" window and add them to the generic window you use?

If this is possible, you could use the playlist editor titlebar instead of the generic one. That might solve a couple of issues (the lack of windowshade mode, for example.) Also, if you can do this, you would be able to get the add/rem/sel/misc buttons and button menus from the standard playlist and just add whatever extra functions you intend to use onto them. That might also mean (though I'm not entirely sure) that you wouldn't have to recode it to include any extra menu fuctions in new versions of winamp.

The scrollbar thing is another one, if you could use the scrollbar from the playlist editor it would look a lot more integrated... and that got me thinking, if you can do that, it might be even better if you could actually use the playlist editor listbox control. As before, this'd mean you keep a lot more integration with the skin and the native winamp playlist. It'd mean you don't have to recode all the drag/drop functions and you wouldn't need to work out how to make the scrolling nicer, probably saving you a lot of time and effort.

Like I said, I have no idea if this is feasible or even possible, but if you can do it it'll probably mean less effort for you and a more seamless looking plugin for everyone else. Apologies if you were already intending to do something like this and I've spoiled the surprise.
Old 8th January 2004, 14:19   #267
DMB Fan

I can't wait for this to be finished! it will make winamp5 so much better than it already is
Old 8th January 2004, 18:50   #268
DrO

@comet_11: the titlebar is something i'm trying to see if/how i can add a windowshade mode (the current way winamp creates skinned window frames does not support it out of the box).

with the buttons i'm going to use buttons skinned like they are in the media library. i was going to add buttons into this preview but ran out time for the release (taken from the modern skin files or from gen.bmp (or something like that) with classic skins).

the scrollbar still needs to be skinned as you've pointed out - code will be done for the next version hopefully and is done using a similar manner to the buttons. the scrollbar has been on a lower priority so far but now the code doesn't crash anymore i intend to get the rest of the display finished.

doubtful i can use the existing playlist list since it doesn't appear to possible to access it as a normal control - winamp provides only required message callbacks to plugins, etc. for what i intend with the list dragging, etc new code from me will be better since i can integrate the features from the start instead of trying to force things in existing code that i can't fully access.

is good to see people thinking these things through (helps to keep me on my toes )

@DMB Fan: you're not the only one

-daz
Old 9th January 2004, 01:22   #269
comet_11

Send a message via ICQ to comet_11 Send a message via AIM to comet_11 Send a message via Yahoo to comet_11
Quote:
DrO said

is good to see people thinking these things through (helps to keep me on my toes )
Well, hey, it's good to see developers considering suggestions. Keep up the good work.
Old 9th January 2004, 18:15   #270
DrO

considering suggestions is always good as is getting feedback from the users of the plugins. you to remember i'm a user as well so getting a better player (either natively or via a plugin) is what i want as well

-daz
Old 12th January 2004, 21:17   #271
DMB Fan

not sure if this has been addressed, or i'm an idiot and i can't figure it out myself but.. can you make it so that when i hit the PL button, the extended playlist comes up instead of the regular playlist?
Old 12th January 2004, 21:23   #272
DrO

that will be in for the next version (have few tweaks to make to the code that controls how the playlist window is shown)

-daz
Old 13th January 2004, 02:55   #273
psycho_maniac
Major Dude

i got some feed back is it me or my computer cuz right now i cannot access anything from DrO like the preview 3 been watchin this thing for a while. Keep up the Good Wrodk DrO.
Old 13th January 2004, 16:37   #274
DMB Fan

any idea time wise when the final version will be done?
Old 13th January 2004, 17:21   #275
StAnGeR04

Send a message via AIM to StAnGeR04 Send a message via Yahoo to StAnGeR04
like everyone says about everything else in these forums .. it'll be done when it's done
Old 14th January 2004, 04:45   #276
WHEREamI
Major Dude

i wouldn't expect a "final" of Extended Playlist for a good few months. I think he still has a lot to do on it. there's a lot of functionality to be duplicated.
Old 14th January 2004, 08:53   #277
Smar969905

well, i havent tried any of the stuff yet by you (DrO), but by the look of this forum and how things seem to be progressing, this plugin will take wa5 to a whole new level. When it is completed, i will surely use it myself (but for right now, i dont want to try to screw up my comp being guinea pig cuz its already PMSing worse than any woman ever could...gotta love mickeysoft and their products)

But DrO, is there a way u can pass on ur programming knowledge to me through like a firewire/USB/CAT 5 link from your head to mine
If i only had half ur skill, i could teach the teachers at my college...
Old 14th January 2004, 16:32   #278
ctkatz8086

the text in my playlist selection window in miniscule. i feel that it has something to do with my text size settings for ie6. are they related in any way (this isn't a bug report because i have just installed it and other people aren't having trouble with it)?

Old 14th January 2004, 18:18   #279
StAnGeR04

Send a message via AIM to StAnGeR04 Send a message via Yahoo to StAnGeR04
all you have to do is give the playlist editor focus with a single click on the titlebar ..then hold down the CTRL key and use + or - to change the font size in the playlist

that should fix ya up
Old 14th January 2004, 18:21   #280
ctkatz8086

that got it. thanks man.

Closed Thread
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion