Old 24th June 2011, 09:07   #41
rockouthippie
Banned

Quote:
Even GI Jane ?
I have sort of a hard time damning GI Jane. It sucked, but that was mostly Demi Moore. It made 50 million dollars.... I think, by 97, we were tired of looking at Demi. She does have that sort of "trailer trash" quality that wore thin.

Demi isn't the most egregious example of actors that went out of style. Tom Cruz, Sharon Stone, Richard Gere..... all on my "no way" list. I think Natalie Portman is another Hollywood mistake the box office will soon correct.

Even a stopped watch is right twice a day. Sometimes lousy actors get a good vehicle. The public is a quicker critic than what Hollywood reacts to.

Was GI Jane a bad movie or were we just really tired of one more Demi film? I think it's closer to the later.

There is one shining example I can think of. Kim freaking Catrall. I did like the MST3K song....

What's that smell? Kim Catrall

She still turns up like a bad penny. It isn't fair, but there are only a few actors that can survive more than a decade. I think GI Jane was just the end of Demi.

You could add Sarah Jessica Parker, Jennifer Love and some others to the list of actors Hollywood didn't realize we didn't care about any more.

I think GI Jane wasn't as bad, as just stale. Stale Mooreness mostly.

One good example of public fatigue is Alan Alda. After 12 years of Mash, I think we were just about Alan Alda'ed to death.

I think he was a pretty decent actor. You'll notice Wil Wheaton's STNG adventure was the end of his career. Hell, anyone in STNG had a career ender.

Ron Howard is another one. He wore it out as an actor and a director. Let's not get me started on Spielberg. He even went back to ruin Star Wars with "new" releases of movies that were decent until he re-screwed them.
rockouthippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2011, 09:42   #42
Too-DAMN-Much
The Big Bad Boots
(Forum King)

Send a message via Yahoo to Too-DAMN-Much
eh, i think bruce willis has withstood the test of time for actors longer than most personally, he kind of seemed like he was getting out of or maybe too old for movie making and then suddenly he shows up with both live free or die hard and lucky number slevin, so unless we go quite a few more years i can't really say i think he's slowing down at all yet.

honestly though, i think he's probably not too happy with jason statham (i'm assuming) being his most likely competition for probably the majority of roles lately either.

I hate everyone, so you don't have to.
Too-DAMN-Much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2011, 09:48   #43
rockouthippie
Banned

Why don't we fire up some Mel Gibson, Charlie Sheen or Gary Busey....
Old 24th June 2011, 09:53   #44
Too-DAMN-Much
The Big Bad Boots
(Forum King)

because they SUCK?

seriously? you got a problem with the #1 and #2 action movie stars?

i just don't understand how that'd work... maybe you're into the vampire craze?

[edit] and fuck charlie sheen, i want to be there to laugh at his funeral too [/edit]

Old 24th June 2011, 09:57   #45
rockouthippie
Banned

I agree with you on Willis. He hasn't done anything really embarrassing. One that really bites is Nicolas Cage. Damn... he made some good movies... lately... gimme a break.... time to retire.... 10 years ago....

Sly Stallone seems to survive. Maybe it's because he wasn't any good in the first place. Arnold is lucky he became governor of California before he embarrassed .....
Old 24th June 2011, 10:49   #46
Too-DAMN-Much
The Big Bad Boots
(Forum King)

yeah... unfortunately stallone is still making movies...

arnold... oh dear LAWD arnold... way to prove you don't belong in politics, i used to respect you too..

as far as cage... iirc he was always really heavily typecast as the "evil but badass" type more often than not wasn't he?

sort of limiting i'd expect at least to some degree considering most of his roles were more.... self serving than actually evil just evil's sake type of thing, i think he's even played good guy type roles in non-shit (read: not action, it's his forte, fuck him in the wickerman) roles even a few times.

Old 24th June 2011, 11:52   #47
rockouthippie
Banned

Cage has made some excellent movies. Raising Arizona, Leaving Las Vegas and Lord of War are some of those. The last one I saw was "Sorcerers Apprentice". It blew chunks.

The last one I liked he made was "Kick ass", but he really was sort of inconsequential in that. He must have been in, or directed 50 films, but only a few were worth spit and nothing lately.

When dude is "on", he's great. It hasn't been lately.

Quote:
arnold... oh dear LAWD arnold... way to prove you don't belong in politics, i used to respect you too..
It isn't the affair with the maid that made me lose respect for Arnold. California needed a lot of help after Gray Davis. Arnold wasn't it. Between the two of these governors, California might see the light from the planet screwed in 50 years.

A couple million people have just up and left California in the last couple years. That's bad. A lot of them came here to screw Oregon up some more.
Old 24th June 2011, 16:37   #48
Too-DAMN-Much
The Big Bad Boots
(Forum King)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockouthippie View Post
It isn't the affair with the maid that made me lose respect for Arnold.

i could care less about any affair he's supposedly had and honestly, i don't think bill clinton was as much in the wrong as people used to, for fucks sake if the leader of our nation can't get head from a willing employee, there really is something wrong with this country, especially given his performance otherwise.

Old 30th June 2011, 07:11   #49
robdon21

I'll chose the only 1 Christopher Nolan, he is the top of all & I really like his all creations. one of my favorite is the prestige.
robdon21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2011, 19:02   #50
rockouthippie
Banned

Quote:
i could care less about any affair he's supposedly had and honestly, i don't think bill clinton was as much in the wrong as people used to
Affairs are a matter of character. If you can't trust a man to not cheat on his wife, he's fucking up more than his marriage.

I think you could point at Arnold, Bill and Newt as shining examples.

If you don't have the basic character, which would keep you from cheating on your wife, you have no fucking business leading anything.

I'd almost prefer a thief. It shows the same lack of moral fiber, but no one took an oath.

Where you find the defect which would allow you to betray your spouse, you can damn well bet there are more defects.

Untrustworthy is a cheater. Husbands and wives have sworn their allegiance. When you cheat, what the fuck is your word worth?

Yes. All these guys have been properly repentant. My take is: People don't change. They just change what they tell you.

If you can't even keep your pecker in your pants, this shows a level of self involvement that is inexcusable. How trustworthy are you when you betray your own family?
Old 16th July 2011, 09:10   #51
Too-DAMN-Much
The Big Bad Boots
(Forum King)

if the leader of our nation can't appoint a head of giving head than seriously something is fucked up.

look at his wife anyway, total hag even besides her age, who could be attracted to that?

Old 21st July 2011, 00:46   #52
Widdykats
The Forum Slut

^ I'm not attracted to Mrs Obama, but I completely disagree with you.
Widdykats is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > Movies and Television