Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion

Old 3rd December 2010, 21:00   #401
lostinsound

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrO View Post
hmm, you had upgraded to the current version of this one as well ?
btw, haven't forgotten about the other issue, just the 5.6 release and work are getting in the way at the moment.

-daz
No problem, I figured that may be the case. And yes, I'm using the latest version of this plugin (v2.6.2). I've tried all versions of JTFE since v1.2 and they all have this problem.
lostinsound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2010, 21:17   #402
DrO

wonder what's causing that as i tried the updates out on a number of different machines and it always worked.

oh well one more thing to look into, heh

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2011, 00:13   #403
HonoredShadow

This addon makes the same song play over and over. How can I make it so that it never stops when it hits a ------------- and it plays the next song on random. I dont want it to repeat.

Thanks.

Sy.
HonoredShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2011, 08:54   #404
DrO

there's an option in the preferences for the plug-in to pick a random track between separators instead of going to the next track after the separator and will keep doing so as long as repeat is enabled in Winamp.

-daz
Old 11th March 2011, 06:04   #405
lostinsound

Oops. I just noticed that you have a more recent version of this plugin on your website (v2.6.3) that isn't on here. That does fix the Color Options problem I was having before so you can ignore what I posted earlier.

I'm still having the problem with it not automatically adding separators between folders if any folder in the path starts with 'arc'.

I've come across one more issue as well. It only happens on Windows 7. It seems to work fine in XP. It appears that this plugin interferes when you try to burn to a cd. When I click the Burn button the window comes up that lets me set the burn speed and other options, but when I click on the Burn button in that window, it disappears and nothing happens. In the Task Manager I see that a second winamp.exe process has started which says it's using 25% of my CPU, but it just sits there and does nothing. When I remove this plugin everything works fine.

Can anyone else who uses this plugin confirm either of these two issues? Thanks.
Old 11th March 2011, 10:31   #406
DrO

will update the first post to point to the site page for the plug-in (most of the forum threads don't refer to the latest versions now, just a matter of finding time / interest to go through my post history to find them).

i just don't understand the 'arc' issue as i briefly tried things and wasn't able to reproduce the issue. all i can think off is it's something with the folders on the machine but really don't know.

no idea about the burn issue though as Winamp spawns a second process, it could be the multi-instance handling in the plug-in isn't working too well. as / when i start developing plug-ins again i'll see if i can reproduce / fix it (assuming if i can reproduce).

-daz
Old 11th March 2011, 16:10   #407
lostinsound

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrO View Post
i just don't understand the 'arc' issue as i briefly tried things and wasn't able to reproduce the issue. all i can think off is it's something with the folders on the machine but really don't know.
That's really strange because it happens on my laptop which runs XP as well as my desktop that runs Windows 7. It does let me manually add them, but doesn't work when I press T to automatically add them between folders. I don't know why it would happen on both machines unless it's some other program I have installed on both that's causing a problem.
Old 11th March 2011, 16:29   #408
DrO

i really don't know as i've tried it on XP, Vista and Win7 when i looked into it *shrugs*

-daz
Old 14th March 2011, 02:05   #409
havok2063

Hey, I just wanted to apologize again for the other post. I wasn't aware of this thread nor of the rules about double posting. I didn't mean to piss in anyone's cheerios.

I'll just throw in my two cents here for posterity. I realize you're pretty busy and may not get to it any time soon.

I'm having the same issue as lostinsound where it won't automatically add a separator if any folder starts with 'arc'. I'm using 64-bit Windows 7. Actually, I just noticed today that it also doesn't work when the filename of the first track of the album begins with 'arc'. So maybe it's a problem with the sequence '\arc' appearing somewhere in the path. Anyway, hope this bit of info helps down the road.
havok2063 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2011, 09:01   #410
Disasterpiece

This is really a wonderful plug-in, I've been using it for quite a long time, but I have a question: can I have separators between multiple CD's of the same album? The whole album is usually tagged with the same thing in the %album% field and the multiple discs only differ by the %disc% tag.

A screenshot from my Media Library and the Playlist to make things more clear. The formatting I use for the separator is as follows:
code:
..... %artist% - %album% '('%disc%')' '('%year%')' @ %bitrate% .........

I'm not really into how the plug-in works, but it seems like it only looks for differences in the %album% field and gets the rest of the information from the first file in the directory.

ECS nForce3-A | AMD Sempron 2800+ @ 2000 | 1GB DDR400 A-Data | WD Caviar Black 500GB | ATi Radeon 9550 128MB/128bit | Yamaha YMF724F-V & Sennheiser HD-555 | Samsung SyncMaster 206BW
Disasterpiece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2011, 10:36   #411
DrO

for that, at the moment you'd have to manually insert a separator (right-click menu options in the playlist editor window) as the plug-in is otherwise setup to only determine differences between albums primarily on the filepath and then may do some metadata comparisons.

i can log down to try to get %disc% taken into account but i cannot give an eta on being able to look into it.

-daz
Old 23rd May 2011, 22:11   #412
Disasterpiece

Let's hope to see some progress on this in the next version, although it can't be of high priority as this is kind of a freelance project of you. Anyway, thanks for the quick response.

ECS nForce3-A | AMD Sempron 2800+ @ 2000 | 1GB DDR400 A-Data | WD Caviar Black 500GB | ATi Radeon 9550 128MB/128bit | Yamaha YMF724F-V & Sennheiser HD-555 | Samsung SyncMaster 206BW
Old 29th April 2012, 01:51   #413
Disasterpiece

Hey there, it's me again. I noticed that with the latest Winamp for now (5.623), Separator is maybe breaking some of JTFE's functionality and more specifically, the queueing in the playlist. If a separator (one or more) is inserted, middle-clicking or pressing Q would queue an entry, but it may not be highlighted (i.e. it will appear in the queue manager, but it won't show as queued in the playlist). Moreover, if I have some files already queued, re-inserting separators would clear the queue, except for files in the first album in the playlist.
Can you look this up? Thanks.

Old 27th June 2013, 09:54   #414
the SASS Man

Playlist Separator not saving "Default" Stop text

The latest version of Winamp Separator is NOT reading the Default text for %stop% from the Winamp.ini file in Windows XP. I even tried adding the Winamp Separator block to the Winamp.ini file stored in the current user's account AND to the Winamp.ini file stored in the Winamp program directory.

Winamp Playlist should read it's data from the Winamp.ini file stored in the current user's "Application Data\Winamp" folder; and it DOES store and read the Presets settings, as well as the "Default Separator" correctly. But, apparently there is a glitch in the code for the default STOP text, and whenever Winamp starts, the default STOP text is loaded, whether it exists in the correct place in Winamp.ini or not.

Please check and correct this....thank you.

-- the SASS Man

--=> the SASS Man <=--
--> King of the Rock <--
the SASS Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2013, 10:31   #415
DrO

it should be reading all settings from winamp.ini as you state but as the plug-in is currently not supported and also no longer provided I'm sorry to say there is little chance of a fix for this.

and there should not be a reason for anything doing a winamp.ini in the programme files folder unless its a plug-in not 5.1 compatible.
Old 7th July 2013, 07:54   #416
the SASS Man

Unsuported Plugin

That's very interesting. If the plugin is not being supported then...is there any way to look at the source code, perhaps? Maybe a friendly, interested user could unofficially "support" this program, or at least offer bugfixes.

And you're right....Playlist Separator shouldn't be reading anything but the normal Winamp.ini file in the current user's Local Settings folder. It seems to read all of the other settings from there, in fact.

I'd love to have a look at the program, since, as a programmer in multiple languages (Including C, C++, Java, PHP, Javascript and others) I might be able to find the problem and suggest a code fix. If needed, I could even acquire an IDE, and compile a working version. But...obviously, I need the code and permission from the creator(s).

Let me know if this is an option, DrO. Thanks.

--=> the SASS Man <=--
--> King of the Rock <--
Old 7th July 2013, 12:40   #417
DrO

the source will not be made available as I've not decided what I'm going to do about it be it bring it back to life or implement some form of native functionality so it then isn't needed. or I'll do nothing and let someone make their own plug-in than tying to rehash what was unstable and hacky as this one was.
Old 9th July 2013, 06:17   #418
the SASS Man

Okay....

Well....okay, then. Keep up the good fight, then, but...I hope you don't mind if I periodically bug you about this. Winamp Playlist Separator has become one of those essential parts of the program for me...like "Jump to File" or "Find File on Disk"....or the Media Library! I still remember when Winamp didn't have one of those. I had to build a batch file to pull ID3 tags out of my files to compare with a search string.

Yeah, that took a while. That...and my short, silent MP3 "Separators" that I use(d)--until you did this program.

So please...do keep working on this. It would be nice if it were a permanent part of the Winamp core...but to me, it is, and -MUST- be a part of Winamp, in any case.

And yes...whatever you decide to do...I thank you. You rock, DrO!

--=> the SASS Man <=--
--> King of the Rock <--
Old 9th July 2013, 16:00   #419
DrO

FFOD is another one that i killed off and is now native to v5.64 / 5.7 (as it's core had been in since v5.58 for everything else in Winamp and the plug-in was basically just adding the menu item in the playlist editor).

to bring this one back (and any others), i basically need to do a complete code review of it (irrespective of where / how it's functionality ends up being done) as most of the crashes are due to poor coding in them and as my focus is on the desktop itself now, there's little time for what i'd otherwise have been able to do on my own plug-ins (hence one of the reasons to kill them).
Old 23rd August 2013, 18:48   #420
jph6t
Major Dude

"Insert separator..." command causes v5.7 to crash

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Egg View Post
Winamp 5.7 Beta 13, build 3437 to 3444 changelog
I just installed Beta 13 (Build 3437) and noticed that using the "Insert separator..." command causes Winamp to crash.
I am selecting this command by right-clicking on the Playlist and selecting Separator options > Insert separator...

Inserting separators using the ""Insert separator preset..." works as expected and causes no issue(s).
jph6t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2013, 19:43   #421
DrO

am not too surprised it's beginning to fail on newer clients as fixing other things natively like memory issues exposing plug-in failings now. not much i can do seeing as i put it all on hiatus and to bring it back it'd need a complete code review and appropriate overhaul which isn't a quick thing to do.
Old 5th October 2013, 23:27   #422
DrO

i've just uploaded v2.6.4 which requires Winamp v5.64+ and also fixes a number of memory related issues which may be the cause of the random crashes / other quirks reported.

if there are still issues with using this (which may be the case as i've also changed to using a newer compiler), please provide complete steps and information on the Winamp and OS (i.e. an info report from following http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....161361#plugins) and will see what can be done about it.
Old 7th October 2013, 22:44   #423
jph6t
Major Dude

Playlist Separator v2.64

Quote:
Originally Posted by jph6t View Post
I just installed Beta 13 (Build 3437) and noticed that using the "Insert separator..." command causes Winamp to crash.
I am selecting this command by right-clicking on the Playlist and selecting Separator options > Insert separator...

Inserting separators using the ""Insert separator preset..." works as expected and causes no issue(s).
I just installed Playlist Separator v2.64 with Winamp v5.65.
The crash bug I was experiencing before seems to have been resolved.

Thanks DrO!
jph6t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2013, 00:46   #424
DrO

cool, thanks for the confirmation.
Old 7th December 2013, 16:24   #425
Mateus_RP

Thanks for this amazing plug-in, i've been looking for something like this for years... It's excellent!
Mateus_RP is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion