Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion

Old 24th October 2004, 00:30   #81
DrO

how about this (alpha 2 build)? which will use the information from the track after the point the separator was inserted (will still display wierd when there's no info which i will fix later)

i do want to add in a file info box which will allow that entry to be editted (since it's a bit of a pain doing it via the playlist entry dialog i think)

[edit]
and an option to open the dialog once inserted manually should be easy to do
[/edit]

-daz
Attached Files
File Type: zip in_text 1.4 alpha2.zip (4.7 KB, 590 views)
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2004, 02:06   #82
Nunzio390
Nugatory Aluminator
Look it up

Send a message via AIM to Nunzio390 Send a message via Yahoo to Nunzio390
Coming along nicely, Darren.
Wow! Ever since I moved this from the Winamp Wishlist forum to Winamp Discussion instead, you've sure been receiving lots more input (as I'd intended).

Now this may be somewhat unrelated because it is actually another "wish" that somebody requested in the Wishlist forum back in December, but it came back to mind again for me as I was testing your changes in the Playlist Separator plugin with various playlists, both with and without showing playlist item numbers in the Playlist Editor.

Just take a quick look at this other wish in the Wishlist forum > Vertical Alignment In Playlist

Now, since you are fooling around now with the Playlist Editor and the Playlist Separator plugin, I was wondering if also accomplishing what forums member Samurai82 wanted would be an easy matter or is it a difficult thing to do?

Just wondering really, but it sure would make track alignment a lot neater when playlist item numbers are displayed properly and the text to the right of the numbers vertically aligns properly.

Don't email or PM me concerning Winamp. Instead, either start a NEW TOPIC or post a REPLY in the appropriate thread in these forums. This will also benefit others who may have a similar question or problem. But before posting, please first Search the forums and read all FAQs and all Sticky threads.

ORB Remote Broadcast

[ Automated Jukebox | Nunzio's Home | Wacky Videos | Solve the Prunella Puzzle! ]
[ LINE RIDER! | My Resume | Virtual Chess | Composite Sketch | My Niece's Band ]
[ Plugins by Joonas | DrO's Winamp Plugins and Extras | K-Jöfol ]
Nunzio390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2004, 02:11   #83
DrO

from what i remember when playing around with the text output in the playlist editor, when the numbers are displayed they are just added to the start of the string (whereas in Winamp3 it was a separate internal column i think).

when i can i'll see if there is anything that can be done to it (without breaking jtfe, etc ) but from memory i think it's doubtful but you never know

-daz
Old 24th October 2004, 06:44   #84
Nunzio390
Nugatory Aluminator
Look it up

Quote:
when i can i'll see if there is anything that can be done to it (without breaking jtfe, etc ) but from memory i think it's doubtful but you never know
Doubtful? Ha! No way. You are DrO! You are the Magical Genie of Winamp Plugins and Enhancement! You are the GOD of all Winamp coders! I have faith in you, O Genie! I meekly bow before you and tremble weakly as you gaze upon me with your strong and terrible visage, O Genie! I throw myself at your feet in humble supplication, O Genie!

LOL!
No probs. If you can't do it that's okay too.
Old 24th October 2004, 07:37   #85
shaneh
Major Dude

If you use classic skins instead of crappy modern skins this already works like this. Using a fixed font in your playlist may fix it for modern skins, but it doesnt look like it.

My ATFE plugin allowed you to format the numbers in any way you liked, just untick the playlist numbers in the options and add '%plpos% to your ATF string.

However, it doesnt work too well because you can move items about the place etc and it wont get updated, plus theres various other problems with using it. So basically it cant be done practically without winamps help.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pls.jpg (87.5 KB, 469 views)
shaneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2004, 07:48   #86
shaneh
Major Dude

Yeah, it works with modern skins too. Just use a fixed width font.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pls.jpg (65.3 KB, 488 views)
shaneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2004, 07:57   #87
Nunzio390
Nugatory Aluminator
Look it up

shaneh...

Hey dude! Thanks for pointing that out!

But using a fixed width font? Hmmm. I personally don't like fixed width fonts, but it's a decent workaround I guess.

btw... you did not post a download link for your ATFE plugin so I'll post it for you > ATF Extender (in case others reading are interested too).
Old 24th October 2004, 18:50   #88
DrO

whilst the boredom was kicking in at work today, i realised that there could be a simple way to do this

[coding gobble dee gook mode]
the playlist uses DrawText to draw it's text and that has a DT_EXPANDTABS style so... if the text string can be altered to include a tab character then the alignment can be easily done and will be up to date when ever the display changes (i think). this has the benefit of working with non fixed width fonts as well

once i've had some food i'll have a look at playing around with this idea else it'll bug me if i don't

-daz
Old 24th October 2004, 20:27   #89
d3x7r0

Send a message via Skype™ to d3x7r0
DrO back to thew topic at hand is there anyway to fix a slight incompatibility beetween your plugin and the toaster plugin?

If the track changes to a separator the track that toaster marks as the new one is the previously played insted of the new one, any way to fix this or was I too confusing?

NOTE: I am Dextro!
d3x7r0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2004, 20:46   #90
DrO

what version of toaster are you using? (don't use it myself so helpful to know for testing)

-daz
Old 24th October 2004, 20:50   #91
d3x7r0

0.5b4 I believe it's the one in winamp.com (the author doesn't release in the forums as not to cause confusions).

Old 24th October 2004, 20:56   #92
DrO

damn, i need to download gdi+ to use it

i'll have a look over the next few days

-daz
Old 24th October 2004, 21:09   #93
DrO

ok, i've just run it (after i found a copy of that dll since the link in the plugin isn't working for me :/ ) and it displays the track information fine for me.

i've done double-clicking to play the separator, running back/forward in the playlist, randomising the playlist and then doubleclicking on separators at random and it works fine.

-daz
Old 24th October 2004, 21:19   #94
d3x7r0

DrO I get it all the time, don't know why.

For example it starts playing GNR - Dunas (a song from my country and yes, it's good music ) and toaster says U2 - In A little While for example. (This just happened to me so...)

Try to enque a separator to see what it does.

EDIT: Just tried to reproduce it and I simply can't but it happens lot's of time and I know it's because of the separator because it gives a flicker changing quickly from one song to another. It seems to allways happen when minimized but if we can't get to this nevermind.

Old 24th October 2004, 21:37   #95
DrO

i've just queued a separator and it does what it normally does of locking up winamp for me

when the toaster window pops up it does show the previous track but that's correct since the new file hasn't properly started playing so internally winamp won't update to provide the correct current track.

if it's just happening when you queue files then it's a jtfe issue. if not then i'm not to sure, soz

-daz
Old 24th October 2004, 21:39   #96
d3x7r0

no no I just said to enque to make sure it would go through a separator but no go.

Nevermind that, the plugin is great and I can live with this small error

Old 25th October 2004, 01:20   #97
DrO

right, been playing with the jtfe drawing code and managed to hack up this and a later version this

it's not 100% since it doesn't do the right edge correctly (mainly when near to the start of the playlist) and it currently breaks slightly the jtfe number queuing options (which work in the time display text) for the same reason. so i'll look into this a bit more though i'm a bit doubtful that this will work 100%

-daz
Old 13th November 2004, 07:14   #98
iron2000

Wow, this will be useful.

Thanks DrO!

Suggestion:
Can there be a command to right-align the separator string?

Thanx

Last edited by iron2000; 13th November 2004 at 07:38.
iron2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2004, 05:18   #99
ACA

Send a message via AIM to ACA
This is really incredible, and useful.

Two things:

A) Can you implement this for media library playlists? This has been suggested previously

B) It doesn't seem to put a seperator on the first line of a playlist, so its not possible to title your first album/set of songs..

Great work man, it's kickass, and I'm definitely experimenting with it.

-ACA
ACA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2004, 09:54   #100
electricmime
Major Dude

a)cant you already? (click 'add->location' and then type in separator://)

b)it works for me..

There is no reset button on life... but the graphics kick ass
electricmime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2004, 12:39   #101
DrO

Quote:
Originally posted by iron2000
Can there be a command to right-align the separator string?
bit tricky to do that (though i could do it for the current insertion of the separator (though when i've got the update code done it'll be easier to maintain something like that i think)

Quote:
A) Can you implement this for media library playlists? This has been suggested previously
i can look into it when i look at the code again (maybe even this week )

Quote:
B) It doesn't seem to put a seperator on the first line of a playlist, so its not possible to title your first album/set of songs..
hmm, can't remember why i built it like that, i'll remove that limitation in the next build

-daz
Old 15th November 2004, 15:10   #102
ACA

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by DrO

hmm, can't remember why i built it like that, i'll remove that limitation in the next build

-daz [/B]
Awesome.

-ACA
Old 29th December 2004, 06:29   #103
ACA

Is this dead?
Old 29th December 2004, 10:52   #104
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

Hmm. I don't have any problems inserting a separator on the first line of the playlist.
Just right click the first entry > insert separator.
Seems to be working fine here...
DJ Egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2004, 11:56   #105
DrO

Quote:
Originally posted by ACA
Is this dead?
it's not dead, i just have other projects that i'm currently working on and in the cycle of things this one will be come back round to

-daz
Old 6th January 2005, 11:46   #106
JAC

man.. this is cool. I started this thread in august.. well, I've been a bit inactive here. now I shall download 1.4 and see how it is. I used 1.2 'til one of my harddrives stopped work (so I have 5(!) songs ), and the thread hasn't told me there was any new answers or something.. well.. good work drO, I'm proud

JAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2005, 20:53   #107
d3x7r0

Sorry to revive this but I just remembered a few things that could benefit this plugin:

1 - add a right click entry to EDIT the separator, I would finf it very usefull.

2 - add a config option to create a default for the separators

3 - possibly in that right click edit screen from point 1 add a way to overwrite for that entry only the separator default.

Hope these sugestions are good and keep up the good work

PS: Once again sorry for reviving the thread

Old 11th January 2005, 21:27   #108
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

You can already do 1 & 2

1. Right click > playlist entry...
2. Type in: ?D

See the plugin config for full details

ps. I didn't quite understand #3
Old 11th January 2005, 21:33   #109
d3x7r0

nevermind, my mistake #3

btw thanks, I can't believe I wrote those things...

Still I believe there should be an entry in the config page to set the default

Old 11th January 2005, 23:10   #110
DrO

Quote:
Originally posted by d3x7r0
PS: Once again sorry for reviving the thread
i wouldn't worry since the thread is just sleeping until i start full development on this again

#1: as Egg said but a more user friendly version which does a preview, etc was something i was thinking of doing at some stage

#2: ?D when adding one separator is the way at the moment. there really aren't enough options for the plugin to implement a full config dialog this may change though depending on where dev goes

#3: not quite sure what you mean

[edit]
didn't see the post after Egg's until i just posted, doh

-daz
Old 17th January 2005, 02:22   #111
DrO

Playlist Separator v1.4
  • adding a separator manually now will show the correct tag information
  • using the full scan now inserts a separator on the first entry
  • fixed a few potential thread issues
  • altered title retrievel to compare the the artist tag of the next two files to determine if it's a 'Various Artist' album and this is shown as needed
  • progress dialog becomes visible if the scan lasts longer than ~1 second
  • when the progress dialog closes, focus is restored correctly back to the playlist now
  • all changes in other builds since 1.3
get v1.4

-daz
Old 17th January 2005, 09:17   #112
siebe83
Forum King

Umm, you wanna know wether it still crashes? It still crashes...
I tested it on Win2K now (at university) and I tried 1.3, 1.4alpha2 and 1.4 > all crash on a restart. Without in_text > no problem.

[edit]
Just fyi,
Mrym (who discovered about this crash originally) also runs Win2K. I reproduced it on XP with 1.3, 1.4alpha and 1.4alpha2. I did not try 1.4 on XP yet (since internet is down again, different problem this time: network cable is fucked up and I don't really have money to buy a new one umm that should be ).

Good Winamp plugins by Joonas, DrO and shaneh.
If you're bored go here or, if the boredom is more serious, here.

Last edited by siebe83; 17th January 2005 at 09:36.
siebe83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2005, 10:23   #113
DrO

hmm, i'm really not too sure what's going on since it's not crashing on my machine (hence why i released it :/ ) and all my dev is done under Win2k Pro SP4.

really can't think what the crash is from since i've checked the code and ensured all threads, etc are removed... or may be not. damn, will need to check that i'm correctly unsubclassing the main window (can't think why i never checked that )

what's the error message with the 1.4 build?

-daz

[editted]
Old 17th January 2005, 10:24   #114
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

Crash? What crash?
No crashing here.

Nice new feature (option to include title formatting in separator string, eg. useful for inserting artist / album / genre separators). Working fine here
Old 17th January 2005, 10:33   #115
DrO

crash happens when winamp is made to do a restart such as when removing a plugin, etc and if i'm right one of my hacks is causing the crash on certain machines (but also the order the plugins are loaded in has an effect which probably explains why it's not crashing for me now )

i'll check this when i pop home for lunch otherwise it'll bug me for the rest of the day at work

-daz
Old 17th January 2005, 12:50   #116
mrym

DrO, unfortunetly it still crashes for me too.

winamp.exe Application Error - The instruction at "0x00f02fad" referenced memory at
"0x00f02fad". The memory could not be "read".

The red color font has changeability, like ad, ee, f2, f0.

Test environment :win2k sp4 :winamp5.08c :installed plugins in_mp3.dll and out_ds.dll only.
mrym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2005, 13:43   #117
DrO

mrym: that's what i needed to know! when the error reports the same two values then it's a subclassing failure. well i could have fixed this in lunch but i've just finished re-packing and putting on the lorry 32 headphone display stands so a 1.4a fix is going to have to wait until i get home. at least my guess of what the problem was seems to be right (which is something i guess )

-daz
Old 17th January 2005, 14:18   #118
mrym

i'm glad to help ya!
mrym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2005, 19:24   #119
DrO

Playlist Separator v1.4a
  • fixes crash bug when switching language
get v1.4a

-daz
Old 17th January 2005, 19:38   #120
d3x7r0

no morew crashes for me on restart

THANK YOU DRO

I allways wondered what gave me that bug but I never bothered to try a clean install to find out what was causing it, now I know what and it's gone, thanks

Btw what are the main changes in 1.4? Still don't have the changelog?

Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion