Old 17th September 2006, 23:25   #241
DrO

damn, reproduced. i think it might be related to the fixes i made for the auto-insert mode. will see what i can do in the next 30mins otherwise will have to wait for a fix tomorrow night.

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2006, 23:40   #242
DrO

Playlist Separator v2.01
  • Fixed separator insertion to work correctly (some of the auto-insert handlers broke the normal behaviour )
get v2.01

And take two...

-daz
Old 17th September 2006, 23:56   #243
fisher819

Send a message via Yahoo to fisher819
the separators now work.
10x DrO.
i wrote in the options to change the type of the separator:

separator://?d?s= <<%album%>>

and in the playlist it just shows this string of text and not the separators. is there something wrong with what i wrote or with the plugin?

help us count :Click here
fisher819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2006, 00:02   #244
DrO

for the default entry you'll have to set it as '<<%album%>>'. i'll have to check the handling of that option over since i think i may have broken it since i think it should be ?S=<<%album%>> (and i'm not sure if it's setting things for the ?C mode either). but that's something i'll have to check out.

however where possible specifying the separator:// part at the state of the entry shouldn't be needed anymore. but in all honesty i need to do some more work on the preferences/help provided, the main reason for releasing the build was to see if i'd broken things badly or not.

-daz
Old 18th September 2006, 00:30   #245
djsolidsnake86

here don't work with latest beta! i see the string separator:// and the name of folders
djsolidsnake86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2006, 09:12   #246
DrO

what OS are you running and do you have any other 3rd party input plugins installed which you can try disabling.

-daz
Old 18th September 2006, 09:18   #247
mrym

great improvement
customisable presets(long awaited feature!) and automatically add separator option are very nice.
also the insert between folder option works like a charm with japanese file/dir name.(it didn't work properly in previous version)

request:
could you add "open separator config" under the "separator extras..." menu?

bug report:
v2.0 doesn't show(write) japanese character...
all of my mp3 files are tagged id3v2utf16.
my system is xp sp2 (non unicode program is set to japanese) winamp5.25b868.
separater string is just album.
---- '[' %album ']' -----------
v1.82 worked with same setup.
keep up the good work
and sorry for my bad english as always...
mrym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2006, 10:00   #248
DrO

i thought you'd like the presets (just hope the implementation of it all is ok )

as such the plugin is all ansi so that's very likely the cause of the title issue (just getting it to work as it does now was fun enough) but i'll look to make the same modifications as i've done with in_zip to make this work on unicode (since i've not tested it with any true unicoded files).

the menu option is fine to do and i'll sort that out of the next build (looks like i'll try and do one tonight depending on what time i manage to get out of work).

-daz
Old 18th September 2006, 10:59   #249
djsolidsnake86

Quote:
Originally posted by DrO
what OS are you running and do you have any other 3rd party input plugins installed which you can try disabling.

-daz
winxp pro sp2
as plugin i have rm-x and spc player

dro can you make an option for separate only the primary folder of music folder?

Last edited by djsolidsnake86; 18th September 2006 at 12:30.
Old 18th September 2006, 13:23   #250
DrO

mrym: you might want to change your default string to ---- '[' %album% ']' ----------- (the second % was missing unless there was an error in your post)

djsolidsnake86: i've just had a check of 2.01 with the current public 5.25 beta and it seems to work correctly for me. you might want to check the settings in the plugin (especially the default strings).

as for the primary folder thing, i'm not quite sure how i'd do that since the plugin would need to know where the root of the all of the music would be i.e. specifying c:\random\music as the root and then only separating the first folder down (unless i've misunderstood what you mean - may be an idea to create a dummy playlist formatted in the way you mean for me to work from)

-daz
Old 18th September 2006, 13:54   #251
mrym

Quote:
Originally posted by DrO
mrym: you might want to change your default string to ---- '[' %album% ']' ----------- (the second % was missing unless there was an error in your post)
sorry, that was just my typo...
the second % is there and works fine with english album titles.
Old 18th September 2006, 14:04   #252
DrO

k, had a thought it might have been a typo. i'd think then it's got to be due to me using only the ansi apis in the plugin (i've not got access to the unicode test files i normally use so will see when i get home then).

-daz
Old 18th September 2006, 16:19   #253
djsolidsnake86

dro i don't know how fix my problem
what i must writhe in the various option for have a simple separator between various folder like this "-----------" ?

for the separator only for the primary folder, i mean, for ex. i have only the first folders of "music" and not all subfolders

Last edited by djsolidsnake86; 18th September 2006 at 16:35.
Old 21st September 2006, 20:13   #254
AsHopeDies

My sting was <=== %t - %a ===> in the 1.82.
It's not working in the 2.01
I changed it to <=== %artist% - %album% ===> but it's still not working

Plz help,
TIA!
AsHopeDies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2006, 22:50   #255
AsHopeDies

Quote:
Originally posted by AsHopeDies
My sting was <=== %t - %a ===> in the 1.82.
It's not working in the 2.01
I changed it to <=== %artist% - %album% ===> but it's still not working

Plz help,
TIA!
PPL?
Old 22nd September 2006, 22:59   #256
DrO

i'll have to check it out tomorrow now but i have a feeling that the updates didn't correctly set the defaults as i'd hoped it would do (probably not helped by having run a custom dev build for a year). in the mean time, can you attach a copy of the 'Playlist Separator' section from your winamp.ini please (may be of use to me)

-daz
Old 23rd September 2006, 19:50   #257
DrO

well i've internally re-worked a large part of the plugin so that it'll run either as ansi or unicode but there's a major bug in one of winamp's unicode apis that i'm trying to use to ensure consistancy (is the same one causing issues with the in_zip plugin for those who've read about it) so that's now another plugin on hold until the issues in the winamp core are fixed... (to say i'm frustrated by all of the issues i'm having the core is an understatement )

-daz
Old 24th September 2006, 02:17   #258
DrO

more work has been done fixing up a number of other minor issues (i also think i've worked out the issues with the string settings not seeming to work - happens if using a new install or a ?D?S=blah type option hadn't already been used so i'll be looking to fix that before the 2.1 release. and it turned out there wasn't a bug in the main api i was having issues with (just tiredness and stupidity on my part ) and i helped find a legitimate bug in one of the newer apis so not too bad, heh. so i'm going to get in some sleep and then get a new release out a few hours after that hopefully

-daz
Old 24th September 2006, 14:32   #259
DrO

Playlist Separator v2.1
  • Altered the plugin to use appropriate unicode interfaces for 5.25+ compatability (i'll have to do some more work on this but it's enough for the moment)
  • Re-worked some more of the menu handling code so that it'll display the 'stop on this' menu and will be checked to reflect the state, etc
  • Added in a submenu option for the 'extras' menu to open the plugin's configuration quickly
  • Implemented the preview mode on the alt+3 dialog (along with a fixes for missing ?s= parts in the entries as needed (will hide them when viewed btw)
  • Fixed the refreshing of separators not always working correctly
  • Fixed (i hope) the ability to set the default separator via the preferences (just have to enter the string that's needed eg '?S=default' )
  • Fixed the handling of the colouriser with the current skin colours not being displayed in the colour picker
  • Few other miscellaneous code tweaks, etc that i've forgotten
get v2.1

-daz
Old 24th September 2006, 15:30   #260
djsolidsnake86

dro finally i have understood how fix my problem.. i must press f6 and then the separator appear correctly!
now my req is the same: separator only for the primary folder of my music folder
Old 24th September 2006, 15:36   #261
DrO

as i mentioned above, how is the plugin meant to know what the primary folder is? do i base it on a specified folder as the parent or the number of folders to drop down into e.g. if the level is set as 2 then c:\music\music1 would get a separator but c:\music\music1\submusic wouldn't. until i know exactly what's expected for such a feature i can't really code it

-daz
Old 24th September 2006, 15:41   #262
djsolidsnake86

good idea those of set various level!
i have my folder music on documents (the windows standard folder).. so i think that the plug in must base on this folder (i think that many users use the standard music folder)
Old 25th September 2006, 17:05   #263
Scott12

Quote:
Originally posted by Scott12
Appologies if this is addressed somewhere in the pages of discussion, I browsed it, but didn't read every bit.

2 questions:

What is used to determine the artist? I have a song that has "REM (Ft. Natalie Merchant)" in the artist field (it is the only song in that folder) and the seperator shows "Various Artists". The ID3 is entered correctly (both v1 & v2). The filename is: "01 - REM (Ft. Natalie Merchant) - Photograph.mp3" (same format as all my mp3s).

Is there a way to capitalize the seperators (a UCASE function)? eg, rather than showing "Beatles - 1966 - Revolver", show "BEATLES - 1966 - REVOLVER".

The "Various Artists" issue above looks like it's fixed. Great job & thanks for coming back!

A question on the new "Preset Separator Strings"
What should the format for those be? Should it start w/ "?S="? I've tried several things such as:
. %album% - %year%
'.' %album% '-' %year%
?S='.' %album% '-' %year%
//?s='.' %album% '-' %year%
separator://?s='.' %album% '-' %year%

I'm trying to set up a preset that I can use for my soundtracks (since the default lists them with the artist being the artist from track 1) I want it to be:
. ALBUM - YEAR
Nothing I've tried is pulling in the ALBUM or the YEAR, I just get:
. -

When I do an ALT+T to insert a separator, then ALT+3 the separator, it shows the file location of the song I selected. When I ALT+3 a separator added from a preset, it shows exactly what was in the preset text box. Can you not use wildcards (eg %album%) with the presets?

-Scott
Scott12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2006, 22:45   #264
DrO

in the changes over to using winamp's title formatter i dropped the plugin's built in 'various artists' support (had intended to add it back in but that depends on whether people want it in or not and of course if i can make it work correctly, heh)

with the presets, just entering in something like ?C=~?N=4 or ?S=%stop% would work. however as you've found due to the way that things currently work, it's not possible for the plugin with the presets to pull the information from the file where it was inserted (and i'll admit that it's something i'd not thought about when i implemented the presets mode).

so i'll have to have a look at implementing a way for inserting a preset to work with the file it's being inserted for (main thing is to ensure i don't break the existing title formatting code with this change). give me a bit and i'll see what i can get done with this

-daz
Old 26th September 2006, 00:54   #265
DrO

Playlist Separator v2.1.2
  • Fixed preset insertion to use the file at the insertion point as the basis for any metadata queries (one for Scott12)
  • Fixed the preferences dialog not being able to be re-opened multiple times (was a bit random)
  • Fixed the about dialog to only be opened once at a time (could be opened multiple time before)
get v2.1.2

Scott12: hopefully this build will sort your issues out with the presets.
It turned out that there was a bug with the handling of the filenames in the separator:// entries anyway since the code was setup to handle separator://:full_file_path?S=string_goes_here but it'd never pass in the full_file_path part correct to the winamp title formatter - must have broken that when i made the changes for 2.0, oops

-daz
Old 26th September 2006, 12:28   #266
spunch

Thanks a lot for implementing the auto-insert feature.

There are a few issues with it though:

1. Please make it somehow avoid huge playlists. It doesn't handle them very well and it makes it very easy to clog winamp by mistake. Once you open a big playlist, winamp gets practically frozen and there is no way of stopping the separator-inserting-process. So it's either wait 5 minutes or kill winamp.exe. There used to be a little window popping up when you added separators before where you could see how much time is left or cancel the process, now with the auto-insert feature it's not there anymore. Maybe it's better that way in some situations (seeing this little popup every time you change the playlist could get annoying), but in this case I think it's better people see it. Maybe that little window should only appear if seperator-inserting-process takes more than a few seconds to finish.

Also, some threshold indicator such as "max playlists to be added" or "max tracks in playlist" in the preferences window might solve this.

2. It doesn't handle small compilation playlists very well either. Like I have this playlist fav_tracks.m3u and it contains various tracks from various places in my library and now it looks like a mess every time I load it. It creates a separator between each track because most tracks are not from the same albums and the tracks aren't sorted in any neat way.

A fix for this might be an option to specify a minimum of same-folder-tracks in sequence for the creation of a separator. So if I specify a minimum of 3, auto-insert would only create separators for sequences greater than 3.

Thanks.
spunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2006, 13:05   #267
DrO

until the auto-insert was tested in real use i wasn't sure it would even properly work, heh. i can look at adding in the limiting for the playlist size though the popup window should be appearing... does it appear if you manually press 't' in the playlist window for the same playlist with auto-insert disabled? also the popup has i think a 2second delay before it appears but i've a feeling the messages to show it are getting lost in the processing of the large playlist.

i've noticed the small compilation issue as well but was never quite sure on the best approach to work around it without user feedback. a minimum limit seems to be reasonable so i'll have to have a play around with that as well

i'm just glad that it's not causing any crashing, heh since all of the rest is really refinement of the plugin's features

-daz
Old 26th September 2006, 14:17   #268
AsHopeDies

PHP Code:
[Playlist Separator]
def_num=53
def_chr
=-
def_str=<=============%title% - %album%=============>
def_stop_str=?S='.' %title'-' %album%
sep_noadvance=0
sep_sionadd
=0
sep_rndonsep
=0
sep_autoadd
=0
cur_preset
=1
hilite
=1
span_col
=1
plblend
=1
bckcol
=-1
span_text
=-1
preset0
=%album'
preset1=
preset2=
preset3=
preset4=
preset5=
preset6=
preset7=
preset8=
preset9= 
Why can't i get this to work?
Old 26th September 2006, 15:27   #269
mrym

unicodes tag issue is gone. thank you very much.
but the insert separator between folders and auto insert don't work for me.
Quote:
Fixed preset insertion to use the file at the insertion point as the basis for any metadata queries (one for Scott12)
i'm not sure because of my poor english knowledge. but if i understand correctly, it means preset option can handle atf strings? if so, it's not working either...(if i mistook something, i'm sorry for that)

one question, can we use all atf settings? it seems %folder% doesn't work...

testing with clean installed wa5.25 868 full + xp sp2
attached winamp.ini
Attached Files
File Type: txt winamp.txt (9.6 KB, 381 views)
Old 26th September 2006, 16:04   #270
spunch

Quote:
Originally posted by DrO
popup window should be appearing... does it appear if you manually press 't' in the playlist window for the same playlist with auto-insert disabled? also the popup has i think a 2second delay before it appears but i've a feeling the messages to show it are getting lost in the processing of the large playlist.
Yes, the popup appears when I manually press T on the playlist, no matter if auto-insert is on or off. It also appears everytime and I see it almost instantly, mostly just flashing in and out because there's only a handful of seperators to add. When auto-insert is on and I "change" the playlist, no matter how big it might be, I don't see that popup.

EDIT: Actually I do sometimes see the popup when it has something to do with the auto-insert. I see it when I load playlists from explorer. I also see it flashing for a split second when I drag and drop tracks in the playlist, which causes another issue: you can't drag and drop with auto-insert enabled, the playlist loses focus to that little popup and the dragging is disrupted.

Last edited by spunch; 26th September 2006 at 16:38.
spunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2006, 19:42   #271
DrO

AsHopeDies: so it's just not working at all when inserting any separators? also what are you trying to display with the first preset since what you currently have is invalid, it would need to be ?S=%album% - not quite sure what the apostrophe is for either since that gives a atf error. other than that i can't see any issues with you settings.

mrym: i'll have a go with your winamp.ini later to see if i can reproduce anything my end. not sure at the moment why the insert separator between folders and auto insert features aren't working (is the playlist predominately unicode characters?)

with the 'Fixed preset insertion to use the file at the insertion point as the basis for any metadata queries (one for Scott12)' change, if say the preset was ?S=%album% then when added into the playlist it should display 'Liberation Transmission' if the album was 'Liberation Transmission'

all atf options should work i believe (just tried it with %folder% and it worked on my end... i'm starting to think my unicode fixes aren't all working correctly in some cases...)

spunch: yeah, i recently noticed the loss of focus as well, i'll have to try and sort that out when i'm looking at the large playlist issues since it's all in the same block of code

-daz
Old 26th September 2006, 20:55   #272
AsHopeDies

Is there something wrong with my settings?
Old 26th September 2006, 21:40   #273
DrO

that's really weird and i'm not too sure why that's happening since the settings look ok from what i can tell (and when set the same on my end).

i've just tried something and i've managed to get the first separator in my playlist to not display correctly so i'm wondering if that's maybe the cause... if not then i'm really at a loss since it does look like it's just setting the title as the default string which obviously isn't correct

-daz
Old 26th September 2006, 22:24   #274
DrO

a bit more investigation into things and i can reproduce the issue if the winamp atf reading completely fails. what version of winamp are you using since i'm wondering if it's a unicode/ansi difference since the code is split for 5.24 and below and 5.25 and up

-daz
Old 26th September 2006, 22:53   #275
DrO

i just love posting to myself turned out my first playlist entry had no album tag hence why with that atf string it will show me just the separator entry since that's what it'll default back to with the apis i now use (ended up using ?S=$if2(%album%,No Album) to verify that behaviour).

so for whatever reason it seems like the api in use isn't being called correctly on your install though if that was the case then i think everyone else would also have experienced failures with things... *shrugs* really not sure what on earth is going on since it runs fine with the current internal winamp build and also on my 5.24 main install.

-daz
Old 27th September 2006, 00:26   #276
AsHopeDies

Errr...BTW - I'm using 5.111 because of compatibilty problems with Dynamic Library in newer versions of Winamp.
Old 27th September 2006, 08:07   #277
mrym

i'm very sorry, previous post was my bad. it was 2.1 that i tested with.
i actually downloaded 2.1.2, but didn't install it...

here is the result with 2.1.2.
%folder% works like a charm.
also, presets with atf is no problem.
but, insert between folder and auto insert still don't work.
(is it build868's specific problem? since you mentioned that it runs fine with current internal build.)
Quote:
is the playlist predominately unicode characters?
i tried english path and english tags (id3v2.3), it didn't work.

i also tested 2.1.2 with wa5.24, insert between folder and auto insert are working, but it doesn't return japanese string correctly (it only shows "separator://filepath").
Old 27th September 2006, 14:48   #278
mrym

Quote:
Originally posted by mrym
is it build868's specific problem? since you mentioned that it runs fine with current internal build.
it seems my guess was right.
just tested with 5.3, everything working fine so far.
Old 27th September 2006, 15:17   #279
DrO

oops, yeah just remembered i was using the unicode insert api which wasn't in the last public beta, heh oh well all is fine on that respect then

-daz
Old 29th September 2006, 15:06   #280
Scott12

Upgrade question: Should I remove the tags generated by the previous version before trying out the new ver?

-Scott
Scott12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion