Old 25th February 2007, 07:19   #321
jph6t
Major Dude

Playlist Separator v2.1.8 - Preferences Window Typo

DrO, is this a typo circled in the attached screen shot?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg screen shot.jpg (42.6 KB, 784 views)

Last edited by jph6t; 25th February 2007 at 07:47.
jph6t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2007, 07:21   #322
jph6t
Major Dude

Problem w/ Playlist Separator v2.1.8

Bug #1
  • Highlight a track BELOW track 1 in the Playlist. Press Alt+T to insert a separator into the Playlist. Separator will appear at the top of the Playlist, ABOVE track 1.

Expected Behavior – Separator will be inserted above the highlighted track.
Note that when I use the mouse/menu to select the equivalent menu item for Alt+T, "Insert separator...", that it inserts a seperator AS EXPECTED above the track selected in the Playlist (i.e. only the Hotkey is acting up).

Last edited by jph6t; 25th February 2007 at 07:45.
Old 25th February 2007, 07:36   #323
jph6t
Major Dude

Feature Request - Option To Hide Menu Item

DrO, in the "Separator Options..." menu,
the command to "Insert separator between folders" ...

I assume this command looks at the files in Playlist, and looks for files originating from separate folders.

If my assumption is correct, this command is only useful to those who store their physical files in a cascading folder structure of some sort ... as oppose to storing all their files in one folder and using the ID3v2 tags to create organization.

Could you add an option to Playlist Separator to allow the user to hide this menu command if it is not of use to them based on their filing system?

Also, why does "Insert separator between folders" have the shorter hotkey of "T"
and "Insert separator..." has the longer hotkey of "Alt+T"? Seems to me "Insert separator..." would be the default option, and thus deserving of the quickest hotkey.
Old 25th February 2007, 08:31   #324
Musky Melon

I'd like to expand on this concept.
Would it be possible for you to make the separator a collapsible container? It would be handy for those of us who have 4000+ songs in their playlist and want to quickly browse between albums.

Basically:

+ ALBUM 1 Expanded
- album_track
- album_track
- album_track
+ ALBUM 2 Collapsed
+ ALBUM 3 Expanded
- album_track
- album_track
- album_track

Additionally, It'd be nice if there was alternated highlighting in tracks or highlighting for different file formats (video as opposed to audio).

The reasoning for this is because I use the Winamp TV plugin and want to have the TV files in my playlist at all times but I want to be able to collapse them when I am not interested in watching TV. The color highlighting would make it really easy for me to identify where my video files are at, where my audio files are at and where my TV channels are at. The expanding and collapsing would make browsing through my playlist a whole lot faster and tidier.

EDIT - I found this plugin which pretty much does what I want except that I cannot close the window for some reason and none of my skins apply to it.

Last edited by Musky Melon; 25th February 2007 at 08:55.
Musky Melon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2007, 16:59   #325
upsfeup

Great plugin.. I wonder why o took so long to try it.

Just one question: Is it possible to add an option to turn Shuffle on when reaching the separator?
upsfeup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2007, 17:10   #326
jph6t
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by upsfeup
Just one question: Is it possible to add an option to turn Shuffle on when reaching the separator?
For what purpose? Seems to me options should have a mass use, and it sounds like your need is pretty specific.
Old 28th February 2007, 19:12   #327
upsfeup

Is pretty specific until someone else uses it too
Old 28th February 2007, 20:10   #328
jph6t
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by upsfeup
Is pretty specific until someone else uses it too
Ok, but that doesn't answer my question. Trying to uderstand the scenerio where you'd want that option. Only example I can brainstorm is playing an album from end to end ... and then kick it into random for the rest of the Playlist.
Old 28th February 2007, 22:05   #329
jojo 544
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by jph6t
Ok, but that doesn't answer my question. Trying to uderstand the scenerio where you'd want that option. Only example I can brainstorm is playing an album from end to end ... and then kick it into random for the rest of the Playlist.
That seems to be good enough for a reason to me, but i can live without it

*sigh (still) under construction*
jojo 544 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2007, 13:30   #330
upsfeup

It is a nice scenario.. and of course it is possible to live without it! But wouldn't life be much sweeter? :P
Old 1st March 2007, 14:06   #331
DrO

#1: yup that's a typo

#2: that's actually working by design for the moment. the menu/mouse option works correctly since i know for certain the item that is being worked on. when using the keyboard shortcut directly then it's having to guess and for consistancy at the time, the first viewable item in the playlist editor is used as the insertion point. the code needs to be altered to work on the first selected item and then fallback to the current code if that fails (just ran out of time when i implemented that mode to do that). so for the moment it's intended to work like that (with the mouse/menu the prefered way just because of how the plugin interacts with winamp)

#3: correct, the mode is solely based (for the moment) on the folder directory path. ideally i need to make it work on the tags as well (well do more based on the tags rather than folder check and then do the tag check that it does) - more of a feature request that so i can understand the request of removing the menu option but it'd add more to the plugin's config options than is really warranted before other changes are made.

as for the shortcuts, it's because the 'Insert separator between folders' was the first mode properly implemented and so it got the shorter shortcut (plus it's the one i use all of the time, heh). i can't remember if there's a hotkey in there or not to that action so i could look to add in that but i'm unlikely to change the mappings now on those actions.

Musky Melon: as you've found, you'd need to use another plugin since the way that the winamp playlist works doesn't make something like the possible (not without some hefty work on my end - i guess i could make a psuedo mode that when the separator is attempted to be played with a given key combo/area on the item) it would remove all items from it to the next separator but it'd be finding the time to see how well (or not) that it'd work which is a problem at the moment (other projects are rated higher on my dev timescale (hence the lack of any updates on a lot of plugins so far this year). noted but not sure when/if it would happen

upsfeup: is do-able since it's almost like the random play when playing a separator - would just need to be based on playback of an end separator block if winamp wasn't already playing. i guess it could also be done that shuffle is disabled when a separator is started to be played - allowing for what i guess would be a decent random album playback. the main issue i see with this feature however is the tracking of things to ensure that the shuffle mode is only enabled/disabled correctly as needed (along with not breaking any of the existing plugin functionality)

----------------------------------------------------------

hopefully that's all posts covered (fingers hurt from the speed typing to get this done before the end of my lunch break)

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2007, 18:13   #332
drugo

i have a problem
when i try to queue many many songs in random order , play separator plug freeze winamp for many seconds!

could i avoid this?
drugo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2007, 16:10   #333
kristianpeders

If I import my music folder, and then choose "insert separator between folders", winamp crashes. Help please? =/
kristianpeders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2007, 18:25   #334
DrO

i need some more information than that to work with. what winamp version are you using, what OS, are there any other 3rd party plugins installed, how many items are added to the playlist. is there any crash report generated as well at the time

-daz
Old 20th September 2007, 18:52   #335
jph6t
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by DrO
i need some more information than that to work with.
@ kristianpeders

Here is an example of how you might organize your bug report for DrO.
DrO's One For Nunz tool/plugin is also very helpful in putting together bug reports.
Old 20th September 2007, 19:07   #336
kristianpeders

error text:

"Winamp client version: 5.5 build 1550 Beta
winamp caused an Access Violation (0xc0000005)
in module gen_jumpex.dll at 001b:02032b9e.

Exception handler called in Winamp."

It seems like removing either gen_jumper, gen_junpex or gen_msn did the trick though. But the separator colouring option seems to be disabled for some reason.

Edit: It happened in v5.35 as well as in the beta. And I'm on winxp sp2
kristianpeders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2007, 19:17   #337
DrO

that's really strange since heavy playlist changes shouldn't be a problem with the build of gen_jumpex that's in the 5.5 beta. i've not really run any of my plugins against 5.5 to see what/if there's anything incompatible.

i've just tried with the current internal 5.5 beta build and in_text ((v2.1.9) using default settings and nothing went wrong with the 6000 track playlist i was working with though that was a clean install with no other 3rd party plugins.

could you provide a copy of your winamp.ini and a one for nunz report so i can see if i can reproduce your install?

as for the colouring options becoming disabled, in_text uses gen_jumpex to provide the colouring ability (since that uses it to highlight queued entries)

-daz
Old 28th September 2007, 15:14   #338
VooDoo`
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to VooDoo` Send a message via AIM to VooDoo`
hi,
I like the auto add function on playlist changes.
how's about an option to only auto add a separator if I only add a whole music album?

oh, and haw can I use the coloring options?
at my local pc I can use them, but at my notebook the functions are greyed out.

o_0
VooDoo` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2007, 16:59   #339
jsonnabend

I love the idea of the separator plugin. One problem I'm having: using the previous button, I can't jump behind a separator (that is, I can't select a song immediately preceding a separator by hitting the previous button).

Is there a work around for this?

- Jeff
jsonnabend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2007, 19:32   #340
jjack229

Crash on insert seperators

I am not sure with what version of Winamp and/or Separator in Playlist this problem started, but I know that it worked correctly several months ago when I made some of my playlists.

So the problem, which I have verified on two PCs (both XP SP2) with clean installs of Winamp 5.5 along with Essentials, is that if a seperator is trying to be inserted above the last song in a playlist then it will cause Winamp to freeze and use all the CPU until it is forcefully closed.

I initially noticed this when the last song in the playlist was not preceded by a song from the same folder, then hitting auto-insert would try to put seperator above this, alternatively you can just manually insert a seperator for the last entry in the playlist. I have attached a zip file with some examples and a list of my installed plugins.
Attached Files
File Type: zip m3usandpluginlist.zip (4.2 KB, 412 views)
jjack229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2007, 20:43   #341
jph6t
Major Dude

Re: Crash on insert seperators

Quote:
Originally posted by jjack229
So the problem, which I have verified on two PCs (both XP SP2) with clean installs of Winamp 5.5 along with Essentials, is that if a seperator is trying to be inserted above the last song in a playlist then it will cause Winamp to freeze and use all the CPU until it is forcefully closed.
jjack229, I can NOT replicate your bug. I too am using XP SP2.

Can you offer any more details on how to replicate the error?
Was the final song in the Playlist playing when you inserted the separator?

I tried to replicate both with the two final Playlist entries coming from sources
in the same folder, and with the two final entries coming from different folders.
Old 17th October 2007, 20:50   #342
evolution76

Send a message via Yahoo to evolution76
Hello

Hey jack i have the same problem kinda.....i have the lasteds winamp did a clean install and put lasted Playlist separator....When i hit "J" to bring up the list menu to find music it crahes.......

I fixed by getting an older version of JTFE and the Winamp works right......do not know if it is a bug or what.....

And sometimes i get this when it crash
Attached Images
File Type: jpg gren.jpg (89.9 KB, 342 views)
evolution76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2007, 21:43   #343
jjack229

OK, I was going to do another clean install of Winamp. After I uninstalled the Winamp Essentials, I tried one more time, and everything worked fine. Through some trial and error, I found that if I have the Nullsoft Waveform Wrapper installed the error occurs as I described earlier. Without it installed, everything works fine for me
jjack229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2007, 21:55   #344
jph6t
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by jjack229
OK, I was going to do another clean install of Winamp. After I uninstalled the Winamp Essentials, I tried one more time, and everything worked fine. Through some trial and error, I found that if I have the Nullsoft Waveform Wrapper installed the error occurs as I described earlier. Without it installed, everything works fine for me
That'd make sense ... I don't have the current Essentials pack installed.
Old 3rd December 2007, 01:24   #345
Nunzio390
Nugatory Aluminator
Look it up

Send a message via AIM to Nunzio390 Send a message via Yahoo to Nunzio390
A new page is up at DrO's site now --> Playlist Separator v2.1.9

Darren...

Maybe reflect the 2.1.9 version (15/03/2007 - aka Why I Hate Unicode Part 2) on the very first page in this thread now?

I'd do it myself but I'm just a Nugatory Aluminator now, and can not perform the edit myself.

Don't email or PM me concerning Winamp. Instead, either start a NEW TOPIC or post a REPLY in the appropriate thread in these forums. This will also benefit others who may have a similar question or problem. But before posting, please first Search the forums and read all FAQs and all Sticky threads.

ORB Remote Broadcast

[ Automated Jukebox | Nunzio's Home | Wacky Videos | Solve the Prunella Puzzle! ]
[ LINE RIDER! | My Resume | Virtual Chess | Composite Sketch | My Niece's Band ]
[ Plugins by Joonas | DrO's Winamp Plugins and Extras | K-Jöfol ]
Nunzio390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2007, 01:25   #346
Nunzio390
Nugatory Aluminator
Look it up

Send a message via AIM to Nunzio390 Send a message via Yahoo to Nunzio390
DOH!!

*Deleted* (I double-posted same as above while in "lag time" )
Nunzio390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2007, 21:47   #347
Deleted 9201

The colouring option doesn work for me.. it's grayed.
I used the JTFE plugin that came with winamp built in !
now I'm replaced it with the JTFE that in DrO website.
aka - the version was 0.99.2 and i replaced it with 0.99.1c!
but the colouring is still don't work..
1)What i need to do that it will work. I use winamp 5.5 modern skin.
2)now.. How i restore the previous version that came with winamp? cause the installation rewrote some .dll file in the plugins directory..

Added:
Ok.. the second question i fixed
Now about the first one. it works.. until i'm installing the Sidecar plugin. so, i think that there is a conflict between sidecar and playlist separator !

Last edited by Deleted 9201; 14th December 2007 at 23:13.
Old 16th December 2007, 18:42   #348
Deleted 9201

nobody can help me ?
ok.. now I'm uninstalled the sidecar plugin and installed the playlist separator from start.
but it works only for first time.. whem i'm close winamp and open it the second time the colouring dont work !
so, there is a bug with the plugin..
Old 16th December 2007, 18:50   #349
jph6t
Major Dude

Plazzmex bug

Quote:
Originally posted by Plazzmex
nobody can help me ?
@ Plazzmex

I can't help because you have not amply explained what you are trying to do.
You need to offer more details on how to replicate the error & the expected results.

Note that sometimes it's easier to communicate your settings via screenshot.
DrO's One For Nunz tool/plugin is also very helpful in putting together bug reports.
Old 17th December 2007, 12:44   #350
Deleted 9201

sorry.. just I know english badly..
I will try to explain.
1) I'm installing playlist separator plugin
2) opening winamp.
3) configurin the colours of the separators/backgrounds
for example - the background of the separator is white and the text is black !
4) clicking OK to save those settings
5) exiting winamp..
6) starting winamp again.
7) the colours are not configured..
8) entering the settings of the playlist separator plugin, and the colour choosing is disabled/grayed !

and the only solution is to reinstall the plugin. but then all the items that i mentioned before are back again. (the forst time work, then after restarting winamp, its disabled) !

I'm using winamp 5.5 + JTFE 0.9.2 + Win XP SP2
Old 17th December 2007, 12:52   #351
J_Darnley
Forum King

Send a message via ICQ to J_Darnley
Do you have a problem with other settings not being saved? If you do then you should look at this section of the Tech Support FAQ:
If this isn't your problem wait for someone who might know of problems with the Separator plugin.

Winamp ATF ReferenceMy cPro timer widgetMy port of AVS
Do NOT email me with general tech support questions.
J_Darnley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2007, 21:17   #352
Deleted 9201

but the settings of this plugin is still saved correctly and work perfect.
the colours is only the one thing that dont work correctly..
and its not resets the colour settings, its judt disabling it, so i cant configure it again...
to do this i need to reinstall the plugin each time before opening winamp !!!
Old 10th January 2008, 21:31   #353
Disasterpiece

Great plugin, the only issue is that if separator(s) aren't removed, Winamp crashes on adding new stuff to playlist via ML "play all files by <artist> / from <album>.

However, it's good. (:

ECS nForce3-A | AMD Sempron 2800+ @ 2000 | 1GB DDR400 A-Data | WD Caviar Black 500GB | ATi Radeon 9550 128MB/128bit | Yamaha YMF724F-V & Sennheiser HD-555 | Samsung SyncMaster 206BW
Disasterpiece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2008, 14:06   #354
jph6t
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by Disasterpiece
Great plugin, the only issue is that if separator(s) aren't removed, Winamp crashes on adding new stuff to playlist via ML "play all files
by <artist> / from <album>.
Disasterpiece, I can NOT replicate your bug.

But then really, I don't know that I did it the same way as you.
You need to offer more details on the steps you took to trigger the error.

Note that sometimes it's easier to communicate your settings via screenshot.
Old 13th January 2008, 11:57   #355
spacefish

Is it possible to get the %rating% in the separator text? I've tried a couple different things, and can't seem to get it to display a rating number. Perhaps that's not supported? I did a bit of searching through the thread (and elsewhere) but didn't find anything specifically related to this plugin.

Thanks for any help!
spacefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2008, 15:20   #356
Disasterpiece

@jph6t

Ok, here's the bug again:
I'm playing two or more albums (in the playlist with separators inserted). I go to Media Library, search for something, then right click and select "play all files by <artist>". Then Winamp crashes (continues playing music but the UI freezes) and I get the following error: http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/1...8171226ig8.png, and no matter what I click, WA stops playing and closes, then I get another error: http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/7...8171123ld7.png. But, if I first clear playlist (or remove separators if in playlist there's one album only), the crash on adding stuff from ML doesn't happen.
And one more thing, if it makes sense: after the crash, Last.fm continues "thinking" that Winamp is running.
Any help solving the problem will be appreciated, thanks.

ECS nForce3-A | AMD Sempron 2800+ @ 2000 | 1GB DDR400 A-Data | WD Caviar Black 500GB | ATi Radeon 9550 128MB/128bit | Yamaha YMF724F-V & Sennheiser HD-555 | Samsung SyncMaster 206BW
Old 13th January 2008, 17:43   #357
jph6t
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by Disasterpiece
Ok, here's the bug again
I went through your steps and could NOT replicate your error.

Sorry Disasterpiece.
Old 13th January 2008, 22:23   #358
Disasterpiece

I solved it! (at least it seems solved for now (: ) I just went to separator preferences and unchecked 'Auto-add separators on playlist changes'. That's it. And, jph6t, thanks for attention.
Old 23rd January 2008, 14:11   #359
Underworld

Hiya guys,

Got a couple of problems to report, firstly winamp crashing whilst using playlist separators and j2fe. Mostly it just crashes out completely and prompts me to send an error report. Occasionally I actually get an error message, which is this:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime Error!

Program D:\Winamp\winamp.exe

R6025
-pure virtual call funtion

These crashes seem to happen just after pressing J and entering a few letters in the search box. And doesn't seem to matter if its a clean installation or fully loaded.

The second problem I'm having is that for some reason playlist separator seems to be ignoring a few folders. Specifically one artist and its subfolders. It will add separators to artists before and after it, just not this particular one.

I'm using Winamp 5.52, Playlist Separator V2.1.9, and J2FE v0.99.2 (Build 430). What other info can I provide you guys to help with this?
Underworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2008, 04:51   #360
Katarsis

TipTop and Playlist Separator together

DrO,

Since Winamp 5.5 I experience TipTop v1.0.3 failing to display tips when mouseovering a separator from Playlist Separator v2.1.9

It doesn't crash. It just stops displaying any playlist tips until I restart winamp
Katarsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion