Old 10th May 2005, 14:07   #81
shemeshi

YO,
I LIKE THIS SKIN VERY MUCH !!!
its the only one i use. SHOUTS TO AXIALIX !!

(nevertheless) few comments :
the 'windowshade mode' is a bit too high.
should be 25 pixels!!
this is in order too fit nicely on the title bar.
look at similar skins - they are all 25pxl.
maybe u could do something with the position slider.

i think the notifications should come BEHIND the tsakbar.

the dotted buttons are a bit hard to understand.
could u make an adapted version with 'full' buttons ?
(i can design them i u want)

again-
EXCELLENT WORK
shemeshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2005, 20:47   #82
axialix

Thanks for the comments shemeshi.

What changes would you like me to make to the position slider? I think it fits well with other parts of the skin, but if you have an alternative, I'd be glad to consider it. Same goes for the dotted buttons.

I don't know how to make the notifiers appear behind the taskbar, but if you don't want them always on top, you can remove the ontop="1" tag from notifier.xml.

I'd rather not change the height of the shade modes, but you can do it yourself if you like. It isn't too hard, but it will take you some time. Open up player-shade.xml and pledit-shade.xml and change all the values of h="33" to h="25". While your there, go ahead and change the y values for all the elements since they will now be too low. Lastly, open up background-player-main.png and change its height to 25. I hope that helps you out.

Look forward to seeing a screenshot of those full buttons.
axialix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2005, 22:55   #83
shemeshi

OK..
where do i find those files?
i could find the 'winamp modern' folder under 'skins'.
but cant see any other folder/files that relates the 'clearONE' skin. where r they ??
Old 10th May 2005, 23:47   #84
axialix

To see the files, open up clearONEbeta.wal with Winzip and in the "Extract to" box, type this:
C:\Program Files\Winamp\Skins\clearONEbeta

That should create three folders: elements, scripts, and xml. You can find all the files I described earlier in xml, except for background-player-main.png (it's in elements).
Old 11th May 2005, 01:20   #85
Ductapemaster

Send a message via AIM to Ductapemaster
Hey, i have the same suggestion about the control buttons. I changed them to solid white, but it's a bit too bright for the skin, so I'm up for some new ones! Oh, and check out my recent post about the shuffle, repeat and crossfade buttons, they look nice compared to the "stock" ones (no offense...).
Ductapemaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2005, 09:12   #86
shemeshi

how do i make the "SEEK" to be above of the info/times/visual?
Old 13th May 2005, 22:50   #87
axialix

shemeshi, here's how you do it: open up player-shade.xml and move this group:

<groupdef id="background.display" >
</groupdef>

to the bottom before the layout id tag. After you get that done, move the three "slider.seek"s to the line before script id="script.oldtimer".
Old 17th May 2005, 00:50   #88
axialix

Updated

shemeshi, I took your advice and made a new position slider. I think it's pretty cool but I'd like some feedback. I've also made a few other changes so please check it out.

I really need some help figuring this problem out. Does anyone know what image or color id applies to the black areas in the screenshot? I've changed them all but can't figure it out.
Attached Images
File Type: png scollbg.png (17.5 KB, 380 views)
Old 17th May 2005, 07:09   #89
shemeshi

hi,
i think the slider is cool looking, but...
its not 'practical' - when its over the "time" its impossible to click it. and then it obscures the info.
it must be clear and easy to operate.

is it possible for something to be hidden and the shown on MouseOver ? is yes- it could be a nice solution
Old 17th May 2005, 07:22   #90
shemeshi

another thing, about the "cover art"
i think its not a good idea to give the window fixed pixel sizes.
this causes some pics a distortion in proportion.
think of giving this window sizes by percentage instead of pixels.
so the window will "fit" himself to the pic size.
Old 18th May 2005, 03:09   #91
axialix

Thanks for the suggestions shemeshi. Try it out now.

I changed the seeker to not cover the time or options area. You can also change it to any color you like with the color editor.

To change the vis to spectrum analyzer or oscilliscope, right click on it.

Excellent idea about the coverart window! I'm not sure I can make it work that way, but I'll try. It sounds cool.
Old 18th May 2005, 04:34   #92
leechbite
Major Dude

Send a message via Yahoo to leechbite
Re: Updated

Quote:
Originally posted by axialix
shemeshi, I took your advice and made a new position slider. I think it's pretty cool but I'd like some feedback. I've also made a few other changes so please check it out.

I really need some help figuring this problem out. Does anyone know what image or color id applies to the black areas in the screenshot? I've changed them all but can't figure it out.
code:

<color id="wasabi.scrollbar.foreground" value="0,60,128" gammagroup="lcd.foreground"/> <!-- scrollbar foreground color -->
<color id="wasabi.scrollbar.background" value="0,60,128" gammagroup="lcd.foreground"/> <!-- scrollbar background color -->
<color id="wasabi.scrollbar.foreground.inverted" value="0,60,128" gammagroup="lcd.foreground"/> <!-- inverse scrollbar foreground color -->
<color id="wasabi.scrollbar.background.inverted" value="0,60,128" gammagroup="lcd.foreground"/> <!-- inverse scrollbar background color -->

also make sure in your skin.xml has

<WasabiXML version="1.2">

instead of

<WinampAbstractionLayer version="0.8">
leechbite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2005, 04:59   #93
axialix

Thanks for the reply leechbite, but changing those color id's didn't help with this skin. Do they work on yours? I've changed those id's on a couple other skins too but nothing changed. I knew about the WasabiXML version, learned that the hard way a few months ago.
Old 18th May 2005, 07:14   #94
shemeshi

the seeker now is MUCH better, i like it this way !!
2 problems :
- me have my 'scroll text' turned off. so now with the new seeker i CAN NOT 'grab' the text and move it to see who is playing. maybe u can do it with the right-click as u done for the vis.
- look where the seeker of the PL is.

GREAT WORK !!!

p.s. : i realy think u should make it 25 pixels high, i've changed it on my computer and it looks much better - fits perfectly in the title bar
Old 18th May 2005, 07:38   #95
axialix

I still need to work on the PL shademode seeker, but thanks for pointing it out.

Hmmm, I'll see what I can do with the scroll text issue. Right now I'm working on the coverart size you mentioned. No luck yet, but I ain't done yet.

Sorry I don't understand about making it 25px high. Give me a screenshot to demonstrate please.
Old 18th May 2005, 08:35   #96
biggman15

Or possibly a download to test it....

biggman15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2005, 11:04   #97
axialix

I understand what he meant by titlebar now. 25px would make it fit nicely if you're using the standard XP theme, but since not everyone uses it, I'm not gonna change it. I might make it an option later, but we'll see...
Old 18th May 2005, 12:59   #98
axialix

Ok, playlist shademode seeker is fixed. Coverart window now resizes to width of jpg. Yeah!

Still working on the scroll text...
Old 18th May 2005, 13:50   #99
YtseJam
Forum King

Send a message via ICQ to YtseJam Send a message via AIM to YtseJam
Can something be done regarding the font size of the track notifications? Can it be user adjustable? So that once a notification appears we could hold its edges and resize it?

YtseJam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2005, 14:05   #100
axialix

I'll get the alternate font setup pretty soon. That won't change the size of the notifier window, but at least the text will be easier to read for those of you with high res displays. Ok, that's next on my list.
Old 18th May 2005, 14:20   #101
YtseJam
Forum King

Will that also affect the size of the album cover that appears inside the notification?

Old 18th May 2005, 14:43   #102
shemeshi

seen what u've done with the cover window - GREAT JOB.
ALLOT BETTER NOW !!

the options to shoose it size should also be changed, from fixed pixel size to percentage of...

(p.s. could it be that once opened the picture is 'cached' ??)

another p.s :
whats up when more then 1 pic is present ?
will it cycle ? how much time for 1 pic ?
will i have back/next buttons ?

Last edited by shemeshi; 18th May 2005 at 15:20.
Old 18th May 2005, 15:37   #103
axialix

Forget about alternate fonts, get the new update and follow the instructions in the screenshot attached to select ANY font at ANY size. I don't promise that it will look good at all scales, but this is a far cry from before.

The coverart window will only display ONE image per folder with any of those aforementioned filenames. Adding next and back will be a bitch (it took me three hours just to get it to size right!), so don't look for that anytime soon. Also, coverart in the notifications is still the same size, although it may soon be resizeable.
Attached Images
File Type: gif how_to_font.gif (51.8 KB, 319 views)
Old 18th May 2005, 16:14   #104
YtseJam
Forum King

Haha! THIS IS EXCELLENT!!

However... This also changes the font size of various buttons (PL, ML, CF, ADD, REM, SEL, MISC, LIST...) and also of the song ticker! Any magic trick to have it not do that?

Old 18th May 2005, 17:04   #105
axialix

If you wanna do it on a piecemeal basis, you'll have to open the xml files (notifier.xml in your case) and manually change the tag to fontsize="14" or "12" or whatever you want. That's as close as I can get ya.
Old 18th May 2005, 17:06   #106
YtseJam
Forum King

Ok, I suppose that will do.
BTW, using the font mapper slows down the skin considerably... Just a note...

Old 18th May 2005, 17:56   #107
axialix

I can't see any slowdown here. In which part do you see the lag?
Old 18th May 2005, 18:02   #108
YtseJam
Forum King

In the title notification, when font mapping is on, the rendering of the cover art (resizing it to fit the size of the notification) is more apparent than when off. That's it mostly.

I guess that only when I noticed that, I also noticed that clicking the various CButtons seems sluggish - I don't think it is, it's just that it's a feeling that I get when pressing buttons and observing the behaviour...

Old 20th May 2005, 00:23   #109
axialix

I don't seem to notice any slowdown with the mapping on. Are you sure it's not just your eyes? I'd really like to keep this available since it's so versatile.
Old 20th May 2005, 08:41   #110
biggman15

May I make a Color Theme Request... It's a Simple one...
I have a Black Desktop... And The WhiteOut Theme works Well with it... But I can't read the Text... I was thinking of a Whiteout Light.... Anyway... That would Be perfect... Thanx for the Great skin...

Old 20th May 2005, 09:52   #111
axialix

I can do that biggman. But if you'd rather not wait, just do it yourself with the color editor. It's easy!

I guess no one knows how to change those scrollbar backgrounds? I've been working on it for days and can't find it. It's really driving me nuts. I'd like to focus my energies on more important things than this, but it just keeps eluding me. Arghh!
Old 20th May 2005, 10:01   #112
YtseJam
Forum King

Winamp 5.91 has updated ML.
Now, you supply a customized ML .dll file so I guess a newer version should be put up...

Old 20th May 2005, 10:38   #113
axialix

Thanks, gen_ml has been updated. See the changelog for details.
Old 21st May 2005, 04:19   #114
Stoen

Great work so far axialix

Just one small request:

Sometimes the song title info in the player and playlist shade mode is very difficult to see due to the transparent background of the fields. Would it be possible to have an option to adjust the opacity of these fields? It is a feature that i have seen on a few other skins and it would be very useful in this instance. The same things applies to the song length/play list length text in the full playlist.

If this is too difficult, it is still possible to manually colour the relevant pngs and modify the xml to achieve a fully opaque background for the relevant text fields but i think the option to adjust the opacity within the skin would be a better option by far.

Best regards and keep up the good work.
Stoen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2005, 08:13   #115
axialix

I've finally fixed the issue with the coverart window. It will now either display at a fixed size (100px/200px/...) or resize itself according to your cover.jpg/front.jpg/etc. It was really tough getting this to work correctly. I've spent the last four days working on this issue alone, so it's nice to finally get it fixed and move on to other things

Stoen, I'd really like to keep those text areas transparent. You can always change the text color (color group Inverse in the CE) if it's not readable enough.

biggman15, I've added another color theme (White-Out-Light), hope this is what you wanted.
Old 25th May 2005, 09:17   #116
biggman15

That's Perfect!!!! Thanx....

Old 25th May 2005, 22:30   #117
Gabes Dad

I somehow got the main window to dock as a toolbar and stay visible. I had the winamp modern skin docked and then switched to the clearONE skin and it opened with the main window docked correctly (perhaps I had it set as docked the last time I used the skin and just switched to another since clearONE had turned invisible). Still works even when I restart winamp (but doesn't remember color settings or the auto-hide off setting although I don't think these problems are related to this skin).

Now when I try to switch the main window to undocked mode it becomes invisible as happened previously when trying to switch from undocked to docked. Thus, it seems like the bug in winamp is somewhere in how skins switch between undocked and docked modes. Any ideas on how to work around this?
Gabes Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2005, 12:55   #118
Gabes Dad

So I figured out exactly how I got docked toolbar to work. While using clearONE, set the main window to docked toolbar mode and it disappears. Access winamp's main popup menu or the preferences dialog to switch to another skin. Then switch back to clearONE and viola - a visible docked toolbar main window. You can change where and how its docked without disappearing. It only disappears when it is undocked.
Old 26th May 2005, 16:34   #119
axialix

Hi Gabes, thanks for the tips on the docking toolbar. I personally don't use this feature, but if I did the disappearing act would probably get very annoying. I've played around with the onDock() event for the main layout, but nothing I tried kept it from disappearing. I either got a stackbase assertion failed error or nothing at all. Sorry I can't come up with a workaround for this problem, but maybe someone else could give it a try? After all, this affects any skin with desktopalpha enabled.
Old 26th May 2005, 22:07   #120
Gabes Dad

Would it somehow be possible for the skin to temporarily disable alpha bending, then switch to docked mode, and then re-enable alpha bending in winamp?

Or better yet, what would it take to get this fixed in the program itself. Or has this already been mentioned elsewhere in the forums and never fixed?
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Skinning and Design > Modern Skins