Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion

Old 1st June 2005, 04:40   #41
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

Quote:
Originally posted by jmatthews112
Also, I had to completely delete the [Jump to File Extra] section from the winamp.INI file for the ML integration to appear in the PLEditor or in the ML plugins tab. And it doesn't seem to keep this functionality between closing and reopening Winamp.
Yup, I've got the same issue (though DrO said he couldn't reproduce it, heh).
Every time I close and reopen Winamp, I've got to go back into Prefs and re-checkmark the ML Integration option (WinXP sp2, Winamp 5.092).
DJ Egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2005, 05:30   #42
Spazz333
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by DJ Egg
Yup, I've got the same issue (though DrO said he couldn't reproduce it, heh).
Every time I close and reopen Winamp, I've got to go back into Prefs and re-checkmark the ML Integration option (WinXP sp2, Winamp 5.092).
Same specs as you and almost the same problem. Except even rechecking it doesn't work for me. It's checked but affects nothing. It did the first time I had winamp open though.

Spazz333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2005, 05:45   #43
jmatthews112
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to jmatthews112 Send a message via Yahoo to jmatthews112
@egg and spazz and dro

That's the general premise I wanted to make known. Sometimes checking and unchecking doesn't even work, and deleting the settings from the INI doesn't always work flawlessly either. It might be shown for one instance of Winamp, but close/reopen, its gone again.
jmatthews112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2005, 09:18   #44
DrO

hmm, i know that i did have an issue on my Win9x installs now i thiunk about it where going to close the jtf prefs would cause an exception crash but all was fine on 2k/xp. i have a horrible feeling that this may be related to it somehow i'll step up looking into this all along with the info from jmat and egg's test machine

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2005, 10:38   #45
Cadish

When I change the "Use separate colour for the main text", and "Use separate colour for the time entry text", these settings are not saved when I close and restart my winamp
Cadish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2005, 10:44   #46
DrO

from the initial changelog >> http://www.nunzioweb.com/daz/jtfe_dev.html#30/05/2005

Extended the playlist colouring support to be a lot more configurable (doesn't save settings since the internal api is not finished yet and is still subject to changes)

-daz
Old 1st June 2005, 11:22   #47
Cadish

Oh, sorry
I have read the know issues, but didn't see the things above

*Cadish feels like a n00b now
Old 1st June 2005, 14:02   #48
Cadish

Hi, it would be great if you could change the display to something like in the attachment
Attached Images
File Type: jpg jtfe.jpg (98.4 KB, 475 views)
Old 2nd June 2005, 01:50   #49
DrO

Build 3 is out:: release info

---------------------------------------------------------

This new build fixes a potential crash on close bug and should fix the ml integration initialisation which Egg and a few others were having (damn my code clean ups creating new bugs )

jmat: due to getting the fixes in this build and some ones in a few other plugins due to internal Winamp testing i've not had a chance to properly look at your main post from yesterday (will look at it and come back to you after work tonight for me)

Cadish: might be possible to get that done in the next few builds (depending on what fixes i need to make to the frame handling since i know of one issue in there still which doing that would require a modification to be made to anyway

fingers crossed Build 3 fixes the ml issues reported

-daz
Old 2nd June 2005, 02:33   #50
jmatthews112
Major Dude

Now that I see and sucessfully tested 'Fixed the Media Library integration code to properly initialise now so the viewe will hopefully show in all situations.' Base functionality of Explorer 'enqueue and play' options now also operates as I believe it should, barring a few issues (see below). There remain some new found bugs and althoughthere may be many edits which fill this post, the specs and plugin list will remain constant throughout.
SPECS
-----
Winamp 5.092
OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 Build 2600
System Type X86-based PC
Processor x86 Family 6 Model 13 Stepping 6 GenuineIntel ~1694 Mhz
[Sound Device] Name SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio (onboard)
[Display] Name ATI MOBILITY RADEON 9600 Series
DirectX 9.0c

Issue 1
-------
Enqueue and play does not behave as expected.

if Insert enqueued file after the currently playing file AND Add to the start of the current queue if one exists are both checked. Winamp will correctly queue from Explorer using the new shell commands, however if more than one file is enqueued in this manner, Winamp does not accurately remember the queue, and files first enqueued using 'enqueue and play' are thrown out of the queue and the newly queued files take their place at [1].

Issue 2
-------
Shell options tab disappears, although the tab heading remains

if Insert enqueued file after the currently playing file AND Add to the start of the current queue if one exists are both checked.

There must be a file playing, one queued, and then one must be queued from explorer. The originally queued file remains in the queue, the new file isn't queued (may not always hold true) and the tab disappears.

Also think will appear if queued playlist in this manner is cleared.

Issue 3
-------
ML integration 'add to queue' and 'add to queue and play' remain broken for me.
Attached Files
File Type: txt my_plugin_list.txt (1.5 KB, 526 views)
Old 2nd June 2005, 02:45   #51
Spazz333
Major Dude

Excellent. It looks like ML integration (the one thing I've been waiting for winamp to support) is working like a charm. You're pretty godlike.

Old 2nd June 2005, 04:55   #52
iron2000

Running Build 3.
The queue number and background colour still didn't show on the playlist.

The queue number is shown in the JTFE dialog though.

I'm running Winamp 5.08d on Windows XP SP2 Home.

All 3 checkboxes in Display->Formatting Options are all checked.

Thanx
iron2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2005, 04:59   #53
jmatthews112
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by jmatthews112
Iron, as the last build, 0.96ff, has been available since December 2004, has the problem existed since then?

Are you using any third-party plugins (as you may have seen I had an issue with another of DrO's plugins)? Have you tried selectively disabling them by renaming them as Winamp is closed to pinpoint a problem?

Have you selected 'Defaults' from the main JTFE tab to ensure that no old settings are conflicting? You may also want to delete the section headed by [Jump to File Extra] in winamp_directory\winamp.ini.

Let us know if this works to resolve your issue or not.
Old 2nd June 2005, 13:05   #54
iron2000

I've tried your suggestions.
(Sorry I missed your post)

Yes, it started in 0.96ff.
But it did work before, I forgot when.

The only 3rd party plugin i have is the .MPC plugin.
I tried leaving only out_ds, in_mp3 and gen_jumpex and renaming others but it didn't work.

I tried deleting the [Jump to File Extra] section but it didn't work. Then I deleted the whole winamp.ini but it still didn't work.

Maybe I'll try a clean reinstall later, upgrading to 5.092.

Thanx
Old 2nd June 2005, 13:15   #55
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

Quote:
Originally posted by iron2000
Yes, it started in 0.96ff.
Well maybe you should be posting in the original JTFE thread then, seeing as your issue isn't specific to this new test build...? Basically, unless you provide all the required info and the exact reproduction procedure, no-one here can reproduce the problem :/
DJ Egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2005, 13:45   #56
DrO

jmat: i think issues 1 and 2 in you're post are related to the same thing and i've found that the second file done in that manner appears to mess up my internal tracking code for what ever reason... in fact all of the issues you have appear to involve that code in some way (since the ml enq+play feature heavily relies on the controlling of the internal tracking code in there). looks like if i fix that then they should all hopefully go away.

iron2000: i see you have XP SP2 running on you're machine, you don't by chance have the DEP setting enabled for all programs? other than that i'll see if i can add in a report status for that code to see if the playlist colouring hook does get initialised on you're system or not (will be enabled as an ini setting only so you'll have to enable it by hand)

Spazz333: glad to hear that it's working well for you you may like the favourite queue feature i've still to finish then...

-daz
Old 2nd June 2005, 14:25   #57
iron2000

@ DrO
I have DEP on for essential Windows programs and services only.

@ DJ Egg
I don't know any way of reproducing it.
I just press Q or enqueue via right click menu and the queue number and background colour didn't show on the playlist.
But the song is still enqueued.

Thanx
Old 2nd June 2005, 22:25   #58
Spazz333
Major Dude

I just like the idea of search the media library for a CD, highlight the CD file and queue it. I can use winamp like a CD player without too much work now. Always nice to listen to a Floyd or a Gathering CD and have it go right back into the normal playlist when they're done.

Old 3rd June 2005, 13:16   #59
Cianca

Quote:
Originally posted by iron2000
@ DrO
I have DEP on for essential Windows programs and services only.

@ DJ Egg
I don't know any way of reproducing it.
I just press Q or enqueue via right click menu and the queue number and background colour didn't show on the playlist.
But the song is still enqueued.
Yes same bug for me (ML send to-> queue new feature bug)

The universal god of light, love, wisdom and rok n rol
Cianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2005, 14:46   #60
iron2000

I did a clean reinstall to 5.092 and it solved the problem.

Thanx
Old 3rd June 2005, 17:26   #61
jmatthews112
Major Dude

[semi-offtopic] DrO, sounds good ... I apologize for not responding to your PM yesterday, but I got a damn virus/worm and was trying to clean up. Looks like its all gone now though, just doing last online checks to make sure [/offtopic]

no new bugs/concerns with jtfe build 3 atm ... where is build 4 jk
Old 3rd June 2005, 17:53   #62
DrO

that's alright, i guessed you were up to something (hope it's all cleaned up now). as for a build 4, that was meant to be last night but i had to do some emergency work on playlist loader which should be going live in the next few days, but i want to get a test build 4 out at some point tonight since those bugs in the ml/external enqueue features are annoying and i want to start getting new things in for testing now (seeing as all else appears pretty stable considering the changes )

-daz
Old 3rd June 2005, 22:17   #63
Spazz333
Major Dude

Any chance of getting a feature to search the media library instead of just the playlist in there?

Old 3rd June 2005, 22:20   #64
electricmime
Major Dude

sorry, my internet has been down

i rarely use the ml as well, but one feature i had been requesting for a while has been the ability to easily queue up albums.. even though i can now do that through the ml, i would like a playlist shortcut(or an option to have a playlist shortcut) like in the send to or jtfe menu 'enqueue album/enqueue and play album'

i was also wondering about your jtfe wishlist.. should we re-request old stuff(like the queue tool tip or middle(scrollwheel) clicking to queue)

and is this the new jtfe thread.. i thought it was, but djegg told iron to post in the other one >.>

There is no reset button on life... but the graphics kick ass
electricmime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2005, 01:34   #65
DrO

Build 4 is out:: release info

Main thing really is that the old style < 5.04 queue code is back in (there's no guarantee on what is/isn't working but that should keep a lot of the people who have asked about this happier now).

The ml enqueue/play/etc bug fixes are now for build 5 since there's a bit more work required so i'll be making use of this Sunday off work to have a look at it properly.

iron2000: that's good to hear

Spazz333: you mean having the jtf window list and allow searching of the current ml contents in it? if so then it's a possible one to look into but is really low on the todo list

electricmime: so sort of like a right-click on a song and then it'll try to queue that album based on the album it gets from that single file?

as for old requests, it may be easier to re-post them in here (or just do a quick reference to the the relevant post in the old thread since it's tricky for me to keep up-to-date on all that's in there at the moment. as for the two you mentioned, middle click is in for the next one or two builds, and i can't remember what the queue text thing was (or was that for the tray tool tip?)

-daz
Old 4th June 2005, 02:38   #66
electricmime
Major Dude

yes, it was the tray tooltip thing

and yeah, the enqueue album would work like if you went into the media library and right clicked an album from the column and 'send to:add to queue' it or right clicked on a song and clicked 'play all songs from this album' only you would do it from the playlist and it would 'enqueue and play'

Old 4th June 2005, 10:00   #67
Spazz333
Major Dude

Quote:
you mean having the jtf window list and allow searching of the current ml contents in it? if so then it's a possible one to look into but is really low on the todo list
Would a bri... er... "cash donation" help to get it bumped up?

Old 4th June 2005, 10:05   #68
YtseJam
Forum King

Send a message via ICQ to YtseJam Send a message via AIM to YtseJam
Download link for build 4 on the first post is incorrent (points to 3).

YtseJam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2005, 10:41   #69
DrO

Quote:
Originally posted by YtseJam
Download link for build 4 on the first post is incorrent (points to 3).
fixed, was half asleep when i editted that link.

Spazz333: at the moment i've got a number of other aspects that i need to work on which have been waiting around for a lot longer plus to implement such a change would possibly involve a larger number of changes to the existing code since the list/search results on the dialog are provided by Winamp as such so doing the ml mode would involve me doing all of that processing. it's not that i don't want to but i've got to push a few other main features in first (plus full ml integration was always a 1.0+ feature )

electricmime: i think i follow things better now asto what you mean

-daz
Old 4th June 2005, 10:47   #70
Spazz333
Major Dude

Actually, with a bit of messing with winanmp I realized that I was basicly asking for a feature already there, because I'm a moron. I mapped a key to open up the media library when I realized it basicly functions as a complicated JTF window. I had been just using it to queue albums before but I realized there is a wierd little search box at the top.

Old 4th June 2005, 10:52   #71
DrO

heh, i think being able to search the ml in the jtf window is still useful (and due to the size of the ml to properly see things is one of the main reasons i don't use it) so it will possibly come at some stage anyway, just you've got a work around in the mean time

-daz
Old 4th June 2005, 10:53   #72
Spazz333
Major Dude

I dunno, the fact I can search for the band and poke through the albums like they are CD's makes it bit more than just a workaround. We'll see if it starts to irritate me after awhile.

Old 4th June 2005, 11:19   #73
DrO

maybe workaround wasn't such a good term for it but i think you get what i meant.

electricmime: done in a few minutes as i'm leaving for work but i've added in the middle mouse button handling (which will follow the mode on the first page (Remove file from queue on 'Alt+click' if already in the queue list) as to what happens when clicking on the same entry occurs (i need to alter that setting name since it's used in a few cases and doesn't really fit with the description now)

-daz
Old 4th June 2005, 21:37   #74
Streproyt

Hello, I have a suggestion:

I like the new feature "show entry in playlist", I think is
pretty useful, but could it be possible to show it highlighted? this way it could be located at first sight.

Thank you in advance.
Streproyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2005, 15:08   #75
TazDevil

ok, first of all thanks for the update
second i have not read the whole post so forgive me if i repeate smt.

1. see the attached pic
- the red lines show the dimentions of the 2 dialogs
- the skinned is subsequently bigger as it is a container of the dialog, but why is the need for the extra space (the blue rectangle) on the left and on the bottom of the window (that i have not drawn).

2. in the green rectangle the winshade button overlaps the close button. in the Winamp3 skin, so i gues if you move your button 1-2 pixels to the left the problem should be solved.

3. Using the global hotkey IMHO should show/hide OR even better show/expand/collupse the window

4. i will remind you our convo about greek language and special characters since you have started a thread http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....postid=1632500

thats all for now, more testing later on

edit
Windows XP SP2
Winamp 5.092
Dynamic Library 1.1beta
Multiple Output Plugin

the comments suggested are not OS specific
Attached Images
File Type: jpg untitled.jpg (88.1 KB, 464 views)

NEW Multiple Output Plugin v1.5 | Download | outputs data to one or more audio/file output devices
Crystal Classic Skins v1.1 | Download | transparency effects for classic skins
TazDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2005, 13:23   #76
DrO

and so the replies come...

electricmime: i spent a fair chunk of saturday night looking into the customisable tray tooltip and i came up with a full override of the existing one shown which can track the mouse and will update the text so you can see the now playing time change as it does in Winamp if playing though it's not stable enough at the moment on all test OSes i tried so i'm not sure if it's going to make it into the final build of this series of the plugin (depends on if i can find a bit more time to look into it between other things).

Streproyt: something like that should appear within the next two or three builds of the plugin once i finalise a few things in the colouriser api to make doing something like a quick flash of the entry for a second or two.

TazDevil:

#1 it's partly a Winamp issue but you can get around it by enabling the smooth re-sizing option in the winamp preferences and re-starting Winamp. without adding in more control re-positioning code into things (which i hate doing with a passion) then that's the only way to do get a more even sizing. makes a change for it to not really be me at fault

#2 that's actually an issue with the skin and not really the plugin since the pledit winshade button location in the file is one of the bugs in the classic skin format. i've catered for just about all possible cases to work around the bug... so ideally the skin needs to be fixed though i may double check the code my end and see if i can add in a workaround to handle such a situation without messing up the existing handling (which took a while to successfully get working correctly on the test skins i'd been using)

#3 i've added in a option to do the show/hide and depending on things may add in a sub option for it to allow the window to be winshaded instead of being fully closed

#4 not forgotten and is high up my todo list since i've been looking into code related to what's needed to implement the work around in over the last few days so hopefully there will be something in the one of the next few builds

------------------------------------------------------------------------

and to general news on the next build (#5)... i'm in the process of still trying to fix the ml/external enqueuing issues that have been present in all of the public builds so far (which isn't great since i fix one aspect and break another at the moment hence why there's not been a new build every day as i'd prefer to be doing )

and as ever die bugs dieeeee

-daz
Old 6th June 2005, 13:56   #77
TazDevil

Daz thanks for the post...

#1. finally fixed the size problem (althought i dont see the correlation between the option since the dialog in not resizable.. anyway i am glad it is fixed)

#2. although not a skinner, i know that the gen bmp does not contain a shade button so you get it from pledit.
i have again attached a pic to show the difference of different Nullsoft skins 1.base skin 2.winamp3 skin, 3.winamp5 skin

the problem i think is not getting the button from the bmp BUT possitioning the button to the window
as you see the application of your button to the DL window in relation to the playlist of each skin is always 1 px to the right (so in the Winamp3 skin the do not actually ovelap as i said before but they are attached which produces the wierd effect)

so i think that you get the button from the default possition (no bug in the skin there) Althought the button bitmap should be a bit larger - see the missing shade in the winamp5 skin [but never mind that]
and you position it so that is leaves 1px space from the default position of the x button so that they are not attached ?

hope the pics make more sence

edited the pic....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg untitled.jpg (13.5 KB, 429 views)

NEW Multiple Output Plugin v1.5 | Download | outputs data to one or more audio/file output devices
Crystal Classic Skins v1.1 | Download | transparency effects for classic skins
TazDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2005, 01:59   #78
DrO

Build 5 is out:: release info

It's really late now my end so i'll address a few more responses, etc in the morning. The main thing to note is that when using the Send To: menus in the Playlist Editor, if the ML is empty then nothing will obviously happen. This should be fixed in Build #6 where i'll attempt to only add those entries when there is valid results available.

*fingers crossed* i haven't broken anything major seeing as the internal updater code has been altered a fair bit

-daz
Old 7th June 2005, 04:27   #79
amano
Major Dude

woot

I get this cool feeling from 2 years ago (soon) when all these things started.

eeeee eeeeeee eeeee eeeee eeeee
8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 88
8eee8 8e 8 8 8eee8 8e 8 8 8
88 8 88 8 8 88 8 88 8 8 8
88 8 88 8 8 88 8 88 8 8eee8
amano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2005, 05:53   #80
electricmime
Major Dude

thanks. also thanks for the 'prevent winamp from scrolling' feature.. i didn't see it before

Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion