Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion

Old 20th August 2005, 16:12   #281
spin26

enque tracking bug...(which bugs me)

que different files,, eg enque no 14,
delete one above it (eg no 7 below),

the file enqued will still be no 14.

then enque no 10 (all with respect to playlist no.)

then everything will go crazy...

jtfe will track the original wued file correct but file 10 (after delete) will not enque but the original file 11 will.. thus jtfe will also think it is a part of the what ever it is!! sorry im on a rush... try it...
spin26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2005, 17:01   #282
jmatthews112
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to jmatthews112 Send a message via Yahoo to jmatthews112
@spin26

With respect to your enqueue and play post, the option to "Open" will still exist for files as there is only a setting to disable the Play in..., Enqueue in..., and Add to Winamp's Bookmark List options. You'd have to go through Tools > Folder Options > File Types > [insert Winamp-playable file type here] > Advanced > select "open" and then "remove" to remove it. That's simply an unimplemented feature, not a bug.

jmat
jmatthews112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2005, 08:42   #283
Hagen

Thank you very much DrO, sorry for not being painstaking enough in my researchs!
Quote:
quote:Is there a way to get the number (position) of a track in the playlist using a plugin such as JTFE?

are you wanting to see the track number in the jtfe search list?
Actually, it is not the track number (02) I am talking about, but the "playlist item number" (245), e.g.:
245. Jacques Brel - Integrale - 02. seasons in the sun
I would have liked the 245 being included in the JTFE display box.

Thank you

Ciao
Hagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2005, 09:08   #284
DrO

oops, that was a typo on my part as well, i was thinking playlist number but typed the wrong thing. it should be possible just that i'd need to do some more optimisation on the title formatting code with the search list so as not to increase the overhead of doing it too much

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2005, 12:58   #285
spin26

@jmatthews112
oops sorry i mis interpret it.. i really like the option to remove other context menus... i only have enque n play in my context menu!!
hehe.. thnks DrO!
spin26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2005, 19:08   #286
DrO

Quote:
Originally posted by spin26
enque tracking bug...(which bugs me)

que different files,, eg enque no 14,
delete one above it (eg no 7 below),

the file enqued will still be no 14.

then enque no 10 (all with respect to playlist no.)

then everything will go crazy...

jtfe will track the original wued file correct but file 10 (after delete) will not enque but the original file 11 will..
confirmed a while back that i broke it and is the cause of a few other issues with the recent builds so will be fixes as soon as time permits to properly work on this (since 'real' work is not leaving me with not much time/energy but that should change soon as my work hours become stable again)

-daz
Old 2nd September 2005, 08:41   #287
Logy

dro... not sure its bugs or it by design... it is about the jump to track plugins... when you inserted the number you wanted... it played that song but it is not to go the highlighted song in playlist editor and this is not happens on older versions of jtfe!

The English suffix -logy denotes a field of study or academic discipline.
Logy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2005, 13:30   #288
DrO

i'm not too sure what you mean, are you using the enqueue or the play feature (since i think the enqueue mode may not be working 100% due to some issues as detailed above)

-daz
Old 3rd September 2005, 00:30   #289
Logy

nope... the jump features... it's play but not display directly to highlighted playlist editor...

The English suffix -logy denotes a field of study or academic discipline.
Logy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2005, 11:50   #290
Rudel

DrO, i have the following problem:

When i want to move enqueued songs up in the manage mode, it deselects the song after I click "Up" or "Down". That means that when I want a freshly enqueued song to, lets say, second position in the queue, i have to click maniacally even in a moderate sized queue.

I hope this can be fixed, thanks in advance.
Rudel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2005, 13:05   #291
DrO

it's a known issue since the newer code which had been in place to add selection holding for that was part of the code lost. the manage mode needs some other improvements so when i get to working on those i can look into this one.

-daz
Old 14th September 2005, 22:08   #292
Spazz333
Major Dude

I'm not sure if anyone else has this problem but the ML mode is quite fubared on my end. SOmetimes it won't enqueue at all, sometimes it'll enqueue say... Rob Zombie when I'm trying to enqueue Pantera. Very odd.

Spazz333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2005, 01:25   #293
saviormoney

ok... first off i confess i used the "search forums" function to find out if this was already a know issue. i didnt actually read thru all 7 preceding pages of this forum... so i apologize beforehand if this is already a known issue.

i dont use the enqueue option or the move after current option. i only use Jump To File. and this is a really annoying bug...

the issue i experience is simply this:

with the JTFE dialog open in search mode and populated with either specific search results or the entire list, whichever is the current highlighted file in the list will spontaneously play at the mere hovering over of the "Jump to File" button without actually clicking it...

in other words, even if the JTFE dialog is not the current foreground window of either winamp or windows, all it takes is for the mouse cursor to pass over the lower part of the JTFE box (over any of the buttons) to cause a spontaneous "jump" to whatever file is currently highlighted, unless that track is already playing, in which case it does nothing. again, without actually clicking anything, just hovering.

so, if i have searched for a given track in JTFE - say the track that happens to be numbered 1000 in the main winamp playlist editor window - and then started it playing by clicking "jump", winamps normal behavior is to play 1000 1001 1002 1003 etc... (unless you have manual file advance checked of course )

well at that point merely moving the mouse back over the dialog, assuming the jumped-to-result is still highlighted, the main winamp window returns to file #1000 without actually clicking anything...

totally interrupting whatever is playing.

also, once winamp's/JTFE's behavior has changed thusly, no amount of restarting or even rebooting seems to fix it. uninstalling and reinstalling winamp does seem to fix it. not sure what is changing that causes it to eventually come back.

winamp version: 5.1

JTFE version: 0.97R build 11 (upgraded from the version that comes with 5.1 in an attempt to resolve the "jump without click" phenomenon but it didnt help...)

i am running an athlon 64 3200 that happens to have DEP in hardware... by the way does winamp.exe still need to be placed in the DEP exception list for JTFE to function?

thanks,

saviormoney
saviormoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2005, 13:52   #294
DrO

Quote:
Originally posted by saviormoney
i am running an athlon 64 3200 that happens to have DEP in hardware... by the way does winamp.exe still need to be placed in the DEP exception list for JTFE to function?
should be fine now (was fixed in one of the first few new builds and was also fixed in the old 0.96ff build (with some hex editting of the dll which was named 0.96fg and is shipped with 5.094 and up)

as for the button issue i can't re-produce this going from what you said and i've tested it on a few different machines (win98 / 2k) and Egg has tried on XP and to no avail. the only thing we can think of is maybe you have some program running that does something with the mouse tracking which is then sending a false message to the jtf dialog somehow.

can you re-produce this on other machines consistantly since otherwise there's not much else i could think of causing the issue since as i said i can't re-produce it no matter what i try :/

-daz
Old 15th September 2005, 15:03   #295
saviormoney

Dr O,

Thanks for the quick reply! and thanks for making such a useful plugin available to the general population

It may be an issue with the Wacom tablet mouse/pen driver, I will tinker a bit with that device and its driver as well as trying to pay better attention to see what combination of events might be triggering this...
saviormoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2005, 21:33   #296
Squadman

Send a message via AIM to Squadman
Not sure if this is a bug or what, but I recently discovered it.

If you drag some files into Winamp (or add, whatever), then enqueue let's say, 3 of them. Then, sort the whole playlist by name, they seem to dissappear. Theya re still in the queue apparantly, but not in the actual playlist.

Can anyone else reporduve this? Or is it already known, or what?
Squadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2005, 21:38   #297
DrO

Squadman: playlist tracking is a bit broken in the current build (i've got some heavy work to try and fix it with some other improvements as well). if you close winamp and restart it then it should re-correct itself again.

saviormoney: sounds like it's some sort of sensitivity to the pressure or something since the 'jump to' mode can only be activated when the dialog receives a click event on the button.. so you never know

-daz
Old 18th September 2005, 14:08   #298
TazDevil

DrO, i have a really annoying issue i would liek you to attend to please !

SPECS
Winamp 5.1
windows XP SP2
JTFE v0.97R B11
Dynamic Library v20 beta

ISSUE
I think there is some incopatibility/bug with the windowshade function with winamp option to "Dim window titlebars when not in focus"

PROBLEM
I have JTFE and DL windows windowshaded and attached to the lower end of my screen, above the taskbar.
When the screensaver or another fullscreen application kicks OUT, 2 unexpected thinks might happen...

1. the windows, will still be docked BUT have moved to the top position of the windows if the windows were NOt windowshaded

2. the window being at the windowshaded position will expand to normal height, without moving to normal window top position

Hope you understand the above mumbling... because this is quite annoying having to re-adjust the windows all the time

PROCEDURE
Anyway i think i found a way to reproduce the problem... this is reproducable always for me...

1. attach JTFE window to the bottom of the screen NOT in windowshade
2. then opern preferences, and set "Dim window titlebars when not in focus" to the other value (if OFF set to ON and vice-versa)
OBSERVE WHAT HAPPENS (for me it always moves the windows to the bottom position -> this is the second unexpected thing)

Havent found a way to reproduce the first thing for now !

regards,

NEW Multiple Output Plugin v1.5 | Download | outputs data to one or more audio/file output devices
Crystal Classic Skins v1.1 | Download | transparency effects for classic skins
TazDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2005, 10:12   #299
TazDevil

Also smthing i was considering for a while would be to make the windowshade functions of this plugin in a stand alone plugin and provide trasparency features for win xw/2000 as well,
that would cover all winamp windows !!!

NEW Multiple Output Plugin v1.5 | Download | outputs data to one or more audio/file output devices
Old 19th September 2005, 13:36   #300
DrO

#2 i can re-produce with 0.97b11 on this works win98 machine (i'm not sure if i fixed that in my internal dev build though, will have to check that out). i think the reason is that it's process a wm_windowposchanging/ed message incorrectly (which is why i think i may have internally fixed it since i was having some other issues with that message)

#1 i'm not too sure what you mean.. so if docked at the bottom they basically move up to where the top of the window would be if undocked in that situation?

as for making it into a separate plugin, i don't know at the moment how i'm going to move this code forward since there are some issues concerning the future of the plugin as it stands so i dunno, heh. with the transparency features, i did have a look at the gen_alpha source a few days back when trying to work out an issue with another plugin and from what i saw it's reasonably simple so i may look at adding in such a feature.

the main aim really with the winshade code is to fix the issues with it (including the two you've reported) and there's one from joonas as well that i've been wayleighed on trying to fix along with making it easier to prevent the winshade mode being set on a window with a new flag in the api message for creating a gen frame (since i doubt much else will be done with that code so as long as i specify a high enough value then that'll leave space for everyone without causing conflict).

i'll try to see what i can do with this towards the end of the week (since my main aim is getting a working version of plex available at the moment)

-daz
Old 19th September 2005, 20:50   #301
2pacalypse

hey am i being a dumb ass or does the scheduler not work? the only button i can click is clear all. if its just a work in progress feature it could be well cool. is it possible to have to turn ur computer on and play winamp probably using windows task scheduler?

Also Dro is it possible if u could specify the font size for the JTF box. normal font is too small and my PL font is way too big and u cant resize the window.
2pacalypse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2005, 20:54   #302
DrO

the scheduler is (as mentioned in the release notes uber alpha and just about works but has a number of issues). when development comes back to this plugin then the scheduler's features will be improved accordingly.

with the jtf font size, i can look into a mode for that to go with the use playlist font feature as well so it's noted on the todo list now. window resizing may make it in soon (i have a few graphical issues that need to be fixed otherwise it is ready to be used)

-daz
Old 20th September 2005, 00:21   #303
TazDevil

Ok DrO, thanks for the relpy,

I think i have found a way to reproduce #1 as well

PROCEDURE
1. Attach DL or JTFE (i use DL most the time) at the bottom (above taskbar again ) NOT in windowshade mode.
2. Doubleclick to windowshade window, just above the taskbar
3. Then Click on "Show Desktop" found in Quick Launch, toolbar on the taskbar, so all windows get minimised. (i dont have a taskbar button for winamp by the way)
4. Then Open a window, like "My Computer"
OBSERVE -> the windowshaded window should be moved upwards.
Most of the times it works for me around ~98% of the times.
tell me if it reproduces for you too.

hope you find some time to release a quick fix version of the plugin soon enough

regards,
taz

Old 20th September 2005, 19:39   #304
Joonas
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by TazDevil
Ok DrO, thanks for the relpy,

I think i have found a way to reproduce #1 as well

PROCEDURE
1. Attach DL or JTFE (i use DL most the time) at the bottom (above taskbar again ) NOT in windowshade mode.
2. Doubleclick to windowshade window, just above the taskbar
3. Then Click on "Show Desktop" found in Quick Launch, toolbar on the taskbar, so all windows get minimised. (i dont have a taskbar button for winamp by the way)
4. Then Open a window, like "My Computer"
OBSERVE -> the windowshaded window should be moved upwards.
Most of the times it works for me around ~98% of the times.
tell me if it reproduces for you too.

hope you find some time to release a quick fix version of the plugin soon enough

regards,
taz
This is reproducable for me...
Joonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2005, 23:33   #305
ZaInT

When JTFE is installed, Winamp crashes my computer when I start Winamp EXACTLY every other time.
This happends both with the latest and the second latest version of JTFE which was included with Winamp.
The computer COMPLETELY hangs, no reboot, no bluescreen, not able to press Num/Caps/Scroll Lock.
ZaInT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2005, 01:36   #306
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

Please read the first post in the thread before reporting issues.
DrO can't help without at least knowing all relevant system specs/windows os, winamp version (clean install with no other 3rd-party plugins), etc.
DJ Egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2005, 01:59   #307
ZaInT

Plugins used are attached in the text file below, but the problem occurs with Vanilla Winamp also.

I'm using Windows XP Professional, problem occurs both with SP1 and 2.

Computer specs are as follows;
ASUS A7N8X Deluxe
AMD Athlon XP2500+
1 GB RAM
120+120+80 GB HD
nVIDIA GeForceFX 5800 Ultra
Hecules Muse 5.1 DVD (CM8738-chipset), problem also occurs with built-in SoundStorm 2

anything else you need to know, just tell me
Attached Files
File Type: txt my_plugin_list.txt (1.3 KB, 1150 views)
Old 22nd September 2005, 13:22   #308
DrO

you say it's crashing every other time you load Winamp with the plugin installed... is there a gen_jumpex.ini file in the winamp plugins folder? do you have DEP enabled for all programs since i see you are on an XP setup though if you've been using 0.96fg or 0.97Rb11 then there shouldn't be any conflict with the plugin with regards to that. other than that i'm not too sure what would cause the plugin to cause such a lock up on the system for you

-daz
Old 22nd September 2005, 14:24   #309
ZaInT

Quote:
Originally posted by DrO
you say it's crashing every other time you load Winamp with the plugin installed... is there a gen_jumpex.ini file in the winamp plugins folder? do you have DEP enabled for all programs since i see you are on an XP setup though if you've been using 0.96fg or 0.97Rb11 then there shouldn't be any conflict with the plugin with regards to that. other than that i'm not too sure what would cause the plugin to cause such a lock up on the system for you

-daz
What is DEP?

EDIT: Seems the problem gone away when I deleted gen_jumpex.ini and set my settings again. Thx

Last edited by ZaInT; 22nd September 2005 at 15:03.
Old 22nd September 2005, 15:51   #310
DrO

do you still have that in the recycle bin since it'd be interesting to see why that was causing such an issue

-daz
Old 22nd September 2005, 18:11   #311
ZaInT

Quote:
Originally posted by DrO
do you still have that in the recycle bin since it'd be interesting to see why that was causing such an issue

-daz
Unfortunately I have no recycle bin :/
Old 22nd September 2005, 19:53   #312
Squadman

Kinda sounds like the problem I had DrO, but then you sent me a updated Build 11, and it solved it...
Old 24th September 2005, 19:37   #313
niktheguru

Hey DrO,

Can i make a request for the next build of JTFE. This may already be incorporated but i haven't seen it/don't know it does!

When we press j, it takes us to the jump to file menu. But is there any way to go to the "manage queue" section without having to click it with the mouse. (Because i would find it easier to do the whole enqueue thing without the mouse, say if i want to play the song in queue 3 now instead of later.)

So is there any way that by pressing "j" twice you can go directly to the manage queue menu, or something?

Thanks mate. looking forward to your next build (when u have time to do it!!)

Nikhil
niktheguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2005, 19:45   #314
d3x7r0

Send a message via Skype™ to d3x7r0
Now where's something I often thought about but never got round to ask it: could you had a keyboard shortcut (even if just a global hotkey) to make the manage queue appear instead of the jump to file window? (just like niktheguru asked )

NOTE: I am Dextro!
d3x7r0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2005, 04:37   #315
electricmime
Major Dude

there is a workaround.. hit alt+n to switch between the two, (though if you have things queued, its alt+t)

in addition to their requests could you allow us to choose where it goes by default. currently it seems to go to which one you used last when you closed the window, and i prefer it to automatically start at the normal jump to file window

in an unrelated note, i know i mentioned it before, but i just wanted to remind you that the queue album from playlist needs to be fixed when it uses the ml to get the album(it queues the tracks in reverse order)

There is no reset button on life... but the graphics kick ass
electricmime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2005, 12:16   #316
ZaInT

Update for my crashing problem; Winamp crashes every time it's loaded with the JTFE-plugin in the plugins-folder. I have no gen_jumpex.ini-file either, so I can't post that.
What should I do?
Old 27th September 2005, 13:03   #317
DrO

open winamp.ini and search for '[Jump To File Extra]' and then remove all entries below that until you get to the next section header in the form [text]. that will force the settings back to their defaults when it's loaded again (the same as pressing the defaults button in the preferences but since you can't get to it...)

also can you send me your winamp.ini file before removing that section (it may provide some information on what's breaking things)

-daz
Old 27th September 2005, 17:51   #318
ZaInT

winamp.ini as requested
Attached Files
File Type: txt winampini.txt (6.9 KB, 633 views)
Old 28th September 2005, 21:15   #319
Squadman

DrO, remember that problem I had AGES ago, when SOME of the track names weren't displayed when Enqued?

I figured out why.

If you just stretch the playlist to the right, to show the WHOLE artist and title of the song, it will all appear.

EDIT: Fixed Attatchement
Attached Images
File Type: jpg winamp jtfe thing.jpg (65.6 KB, 421 views)
Old 28th September 2005, 21:49   #320
DrO

yup that's right and was fixed internally some time back... can't remember where it was that i indicated it was fixed, probably the playlist separator thread i think

-daz
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion