Old 24th February 2006, 16:51   #121
hawke

Oddly enough,Winamp 5.2 Build 473 still can't play wave files.
The wave file information of winamp(In Winamp Skin) is stop not to run.
DJ Egg,I am sorry,I havn't any Mp3 Player make a sample file
for you test.
Old 24th February 2006, 18:12   #122
ujay
Forum King

@ Hawke - Do you have a Hex Editor by any chance.
If so load the WAV file into the Hex editor and Export the first 100KBytes. Zip this up and use 'Attatch file' when you post.
Someone can then fix it up at this end to produce a playable sample. The important information is right at the beginning of the file.

UJ
Old 24th February 2006, 19:03   #123
bimbobo

Re: New Shoutcast browser is just crap!!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by ott598487
Lys, you're 100% right! The new one is slow, looks awful and doesn't give you the quick and easy overview the old one had.

I do not need any genre pre-sorting or random choice by some machine.

Furthermore, if you use your scroll-wheel the player freezes. FORGET IT!!!!!

I will change back to the old version. This thing is simply disappointing.
I agree too, it was much more useful as it was before..
Now is unfriendly to find out, and you have to scroll a lot of stuff to find what you need..
At least give us the chance to use the old "look" as an option... this way it just stinks!
Old 24th February 2006, 19:27   #124
denilson3

Send a message via AIM to denilson3 Send a message via Yahoo to denilson3
I am no longer able to skip forward/back through video in full screen mode using arrow keys. It is now necessary to exit full screen mode and click on main or playlist window to scan with arrows. Anyone else have this problem?
Old 24th February 2006, 20:15   #125
zombinate

Quote:
Originally posted by BKDotCom
I, for one, like the new Online/ShoutCast browser.
However I would prefer a "spreadsheet" like listing
easier to visualize/read/sort/etc

It would also be nice if the shoutcast listings payed attention to my minimum kbps filter
I agree, I like having more stations to look for, but find the new format for viewing stations to be cumbersome. I liked having the option of listing all the information in 1 spreadsheet-style line. Again, it would be a nice Option.
Old 24th February 2006, 21:53   #126
Hanschke

Quote:
Originally posted by andyolinyk
dude im impressed . great build release.looks great .i like new things and this is a fresh new break into 2006. it works great with the toaster plugin. befor it didn't quite work with the aol with xm streams but now it shows them . thats awesome. right on. kudos to the winamp team im happy
can u tell me the download url? i dont find it
Old 25th February 2006, 00:52   #127
Jenga

Re: Re: New Shoutcast browser is just crap!!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by bimbobo
I agree too, it was much more useful as it was before..
Now is unfriendly to find out, and you have to scroll a lot of stuff to find what you need..
At least give us the chance to use the old "look" as an option... this way it just stinks!
Agreed. The new
Shoutcast browser is awful. I have to scroll through a lot of junk just to get to my favorite stations.
Old 25th February 2006, 01:16   #128
Absalon

Re: Re: Re: New Shoutcast browser is just crap!!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Jenga
Agreed. The new
Shoutcast browser is awful. I have to scroll through a lot of junk just to get to my favorite stations.
I'm sorry to say I do not like the new browser. In my honest opinion I do not find it user friendly. Just my opinion. I shall be moving on to find something else. Have a good day and good luck Winamp. The number of years I have used it has been enjoyable.

Best regards,

Absalon
Old 25th February 2006, 02:29   #129
amano
Major Dude

Hmm. reading http://www.mega-nerd.com/libsndfile/ ...

Quote:
Version 1.0.12 (Sep 30 2005) Add FLAC and CAF file support, virtual I/O interface. Minor bug fixes and cleanups.
Can in_wave play FLAC files?

Quote:
2006-01-29 Erik de Castro Lopo <erikd AT mega-nerd DOT com>

* src/common.c
Make sure return values are initialised header buffer is full.

* src/wav.c
Add workarounds for messed up WAV files.
Hmm. Maybe upgrading to 1.0.14 could solve some issues with wave files

eeeee eeeeeee eeeee eeeee eeeee
8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 88
8eee8 8e 8 8 8eee8 8e 8 8 8
88 8 88 8 8 88 8 88 8 8 8
88 8 88 8 8 88 8 88 8 8eee8

Last edited by amano; 25th February 2006 at 03:28.
Old 25th February 2006, 02:58   #130
merc68k

Another complaint about the Shoutcast Browser :)

Yeah, I prefer the old browser also... here are my beefs:

Each stream takes up more space -> fewer streams in a given amount of space

Not possible to scroll through a list of all Shoutcast Radio streams.

Using mouse wheel in stream list with the genre selector hightlighted causes the genre to change.

Winamp TV browser shows only 2 or 3 streams when I choose "all" from the genre selector, but searching for streams with "a" gives many more.

In general it's just not as slick, lean, and easy to use IMHO. I've uninstalled 5.2 and gone back to 5.13.

Old 25th February 2006, 03:00   #131
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

@amano
Yes, but it was compiled without FLAC support. Basically because it doesn't support any metadata, and no tag editing. If we're gonna include native flac support then it's gotta be at least on some kind of par with the 3rd-party flac plugin.
Old 25th February 2006, 08:30   #132
MusicWorld

I still think a way to organize your Bookmarks of Shoutcast Stations would be nice.Instead of having to scroll down a long list.A way to put them in different categories.

Work on the Bookmarks next.
Old 25th February 2006, 08:52   #133
wsuhoey

Re: Winamp 5.2 Released

Quote:
Originally posted by DJ Egg
[B]Winamp 5.2

* New: [in_mp3] gapless MP3 playback
I tried looking in configure Input for in_mp3 but I didn't see anything regarding this "gapless mp3 playback"

How do I use this? Or did I miss something and it says elewhere how to do it?

I did try searching the winamp help and the forums for the terms "5.2 in_mp3 gapless" for any information, but it just leads to this main thread.

Any clues please?
Old 25th February 2006, 08:56   #134
Coffeeman

dont like the new verson!

sorry but I am staying with 5.1.3 I downloaded the new version but was disappointed with the outlay of it!
I only use winamp for radios and the new interface is messy, hard to read and just plain annoying!
also getting rid of the the popularity ranking by listeners.. was wrong
if people want that option then it should be made available for them, if you dont want to see it then switch that option off dont delete it from the interface!
you said you would rather people chose what they wanted to listen to, well they will do that anyway but sometimes its cool to know what the world is listening to!
the orginal interface was easy to read you just scrol down click on internet radio, and then just select from there, now its a MESS and a mission to find anything!!

sometimes you dont need to change a perfectly good thing!
I wont be using the this version or the next version! unless the next build goes back to a more simplier interface and with some features like turning on or off popularity rankings and making the interface more easier to read!
thanks for winamp btw its the best music player out there and have always had winamp since it came out..
just dont like the new build sorry guys..
Old 25th February 2006, 09:03   #135
BigWillyStyle42

Quote:
Originally posted by denilson3
I am no longer able to skip forward/back through video in full screen mode using arrow keys. It is now necessary to exit full screen mode and click on main or playlist window to scan with arrows. Anyone else have this problem?
Yeah I see the same behavior with my version though I didn't realize I could click on the playlist or the main window, thanks for the tip.
Old 25th February 2006, 09:07   #136
drewbar
Sawg 2.0
Major Dude

@wsuhoey
It makes use of the padding and delay information stored in LAME encoded MP3 files (What Winamp and all the other cool kids use) to eliminate gaps. As always, refer to this thread for more information on gaplessness.

Count with us!
Jan 1st, 12AM (PST, GMT -8) 2010 - 282,246
Old 25th February 2006, 09:18   #137
wsuhoey

Quote:
Originally posted by drewbar
@wsuhoey
It makes use of the padding and delay information stored in LAME encoded MP3 files (What Winamp and all the other cool kids use) to eliminate gaps. As always, refer to this thread for more information on gaplessness.
Thank you, quite helpful
Old 25th February 2006, 13:24   #138
denilson3

Send a message via AIM to denilson3 Send a message via Yahoo to denilson3
Quote:
Originally posted by BigWillyStyle42
Yeah I see the same behavior with my version though I didn't realize I could click on the playlist or the main window, thanks for the tip.
You can actually even click on the frame of the video window and it will work. The keys don't work only after clicking on the actual video itself or you go to full screen by double-clicking the video.
Old 25th February 2006, 17:06   #139
fuzzyhair

I was listening to a song in 5.2 and went to change from the classic skin to the default skin and I got an error. I sent an error report in. This happened 2 times in a row, so it wasn't a coincidence. I am running winamp 5.2 with clean install on windows XP home edition. Hope to see this get fixed!
EDIT: I did a reinstall and I found out that it worked. The trillian plugin was messing with it. I uninstalled that and it works great. Where can I post about this?

Last edited by fuzzyhair; 25th February 2006 at 17:35.
Old 26th February 2006, 03:46   #140
ambisense

Stop adding these crappy "features" like the shoutcast browser (using CRAPPY IE!!!!) and FIX something like the full-screen video. I have been waiting for the full screen video to be fixed FOREVER! It hardly ever goes back into (wait... it just crashed!) normal mode without causing some screw up with application switching.

And where did my fullscreen functions go? i cant use my darn arrow keys anymore... up/down=volume; left/right=seek. and the on-screen menu gets useless when winamp screws something up and you cant even see them anymore. Oh, and what happened to my preferences from the last version? Who was the retard that decided NOT to import my old preferences from the very last version?

I am a developer in the P2P world.. If I released a non-beta/stable version of my software to my users with this kind of low quality, I would lose my userbase instantly.

The ONLY thing I like in this release is the new icons on the left pane.

AOL sux, bring back Justin Frankel! Bring him back! Bring him back! (/me chants ) Get back on track NullSoft... you WERE a great company until you let AOL take things over.

Here I come iTunes...
/me drops winamp from the sears tower. take that you piece of shite! HMMM, ITUNES DOES IT ALL RIGHT! WHY CANT WINAMP DO IT RIGHT??? (maybe the devs need to take a look at itunes.)

Last edited by ambisense; 26th February 2006 at 04:16.
Old 26th February 2006, 08:50   #141
ivand67

Quote:
Stop adding these crappy "features" like the shoutcast browser (using CRAPPY IE!!!!) and FIX something like the full-screen video. I have been waiting for the full screen video to be fixed FOREVER! It hardly ever goes back into (wait... it just crashed!) normal mode without causing some screw up with application switching.

And where did my fullscreen functions go? i cant use my darn arrow keys anymore... up/down=volume; left/right=seek. and the on-screen menu gets useless when winamp screws something up and you cant even see them anymore. Oh, and what happened to my preferences from the last version? Who was the retard that decided NOT to import my old preferences from the very last version?

I am a developer in the P2P world.. If I released a non-beta/stable version of my software to my users with this kind of low quality, I would lose my userbase instantly.
This is EXACTLY what I've been trying to point out for a LONG ass time - AND NO ONE HAS LISTENED TO ME YET!

The hotkey problem from the video frame/fullscreen have been fixed apparently, but it's on an internal release that a regular user like me can't get to yet until it's released. May I ask - why can't I get to it?

But the on-screen display problems haven't been fixed for a really long time (I believe this bug came out with 5.10!).

Forgive my abuse of the bold tag and ALL CAPS, but I'm hoping that someone's gonna finally do something about this.

I heard that a new OSD is coming soon but that is no excuse to ignore the OSD altogether when there have been problems with it for a long time.

And I really don't think this is because of nView or nVidia - why would the OSD have worked before with 5.09 and previous versions?
Old 26th February 2006, 11:51   #142
DrO

Quote:
Originally posted by ivand67
but it's on an internal release that a regular user like me can't get to yet until it's released. May I ask - why can't I get to it?
you answered it there yourself, it's a non-public fix in an interim internal dev build so it's not going to be released to the public as is (we'll ignore the whole issues with ml_online).

as for why it's not been fixed, i don't know offhand if the dev team/egg have been able to properly reproduce it (if at all) and for a coder, you can't fix something unless you can even vaguely reproduce it. if it can be reproduced for them then it can be fixed. constantly posting about it all over the place won't help get things moved any faster when the dev team are already working their arses off to fix/work on everything else.

ambisense: with regards to your comment about the use of the web browser control, see this and the post i link to from that one as well.

i don't see what all this fuss is about with ml_online since i have no issues at all with it since it does everything i need ie i can remove it, heh

-daz
Old 26th February 2006, 12:17   #143
pjn123
Major Dude

New bug in Winamp 5.2 beta!!!

If the video window is selected or video is full screen you can't skip 5 sec with left and right or use any shortcut keys like zxcvb. all of this worked fine in wa5.13<

ClassicPro© v2.01 : This plugin allows you to use cPro skins in Winamp. ClassicPro skins are all SUI skins and loads very quickly. ClassicPro skins is even easier to skin than Winamp Classic skins. A new layout have been added since version 2.
Download ClassicPro© ==== cPro Skins ==== ClassicPro© Homepage ==== SC Forums
Old 26th February 2006, 12:19   #144
DrO

pjn123: you really need to read the thread first especially the few posts above which indicate it has been internally fixed for the next winamp version (and like ivand67, you can't get it early)

-daz
Old 26th February 2006, 12:26   #145
CraigF
Passionately Apathetic
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by ambisense
Here I come iTunes...
yeah, uh, itunes uses a web control. well done there cowboy.

Old 26th February 2006, 16:21   #146
ambisense

Quote:
Originally posted by CraigF
yeah, uh, itunes uses a web control. well done there cowboy.
not for their radio, goobag.
Old 26th February 2006, 16:34   #147
CraigF
Passionately Apathetic
Administrator

and how many stations do they have listed?

Old 26th February 2006, 17:27   #148
papadoc
Comfortably Numb
(Forum King)

Quote:
Originally posted by MusicWorld
I still think a way to organize your Bookmarks of Shoutcast Stations would be nice.Instead of having to scroll down a long list.A way to put them in different categories.

Work on the Bookmarks next.
Try using DrO's plugin:

Bookmark Categoriser v0.6.6

*Don't use v0.5 or v0.6*

Thread discussion

Still needs a little tweaking, but for now, it does the job

Last edited by papadoc; 26th February 2006 at 17:43.
Old 26th February 2006, 20:16   #149
NecroSen

Send a message via AIM to NecroSen
Posting for the first time here, Hi folks.

I apologize if I'm bloating an already well-discussed topic, but I'd like to add my 2 cents: the new interface for the Media Library is horrendous. At first I saw the SHOUTcast Wire tab open and had no idea what it was, and it had an icon reading "subscriptions" that made me think, suddenly, that all of the radio had gone pay-only overnight.

At last I found the Online Services tab that brought me to a familiar place... or so I thought. Instead of the quick and easy layout I knew before, it's using crappy compartmentalized tidbits of info that must be downloaded on a constant basis. I looked by genre as it allowed and found the list of stations, yet that list was not automatically sorted. I click the "Name" title to sort the list, and the program nearly freezes. And even then, it takes forever for me to just find the stations I knew from before, because the visual design of the interface, along with the text fonts and colors, is terrible for picking up information quickly.

How hard is it to sort this list once the information has been downloaded already? Furthermore, why bother changing it to this layout when the old one worked just fine? Sure it makes it easier to navigate through BS genres, but at least make it up to par with the speed and ease of use of the previous UI design. This new design is barely holding itself together.

I'd like to know if this can be improved sometime soon.
Old 27th February 2006, 04:40   #150
Napolean Solo

Quote:
Originally posted by DrO
Lys: not going to happen (unfortunately).

-daz
You were soooo wrong.

My BIGGEST concern is, after updating the many updates to Winamp, my faves and bookmarks were never deleted. But, now, guess what? ALL my faves and bookmarks were deleted via updating to 5.2

Why is that?

Can this be fixed?

Are my old settings really gone, ro are they still somwhere that I can re-put them into 5.2 now?
Old 27th February 2006, 04:45   #151
Napolean Solo

Quote:
Originally posted by baudfather
So far looks great, the Shoutcast browser is different - not necessarily bad - will take some getting used to, but better overall. One feature left out that I think is needed is the Send To> context menu (in the Shoutcast browser). There's half a dozen stations I like to listen to, and it's much easier to simply right-click and send them to bookmarks. Can be done through the playlist, but more of a hassle, as title of bookmark shows up as plain URL...

*Edit* Also, I'm unable to select text in the Shoutcast Radio search field using the mouse; only able to delete with backspace/del key.
Yeah, that Edit remark there is a serious bug report though.
Old 27th February 2006, 04:54   #152
Napolean Solo

Quote:
Originally posted by CraigF
Its not going to come back. And its likely that the old feeds will die, thus giving you no content at all.
And you call yourself an admin?
Old 27th February 2006, 04:56   #153
Napolean Solo

Re: ActiveX

Quote:
Originally posted by maddox4u
The new Winamp Browser requires ActiveX is enabled.
I am using IE6. When I have disabled ActiveX, the Winamp Browser is not working.
Is this the new Way to make my PC more secure ?
I hope the old Browser come back, because I want decide what is enabled on my PC.

Regards
maddox
BY FAR. If requiring Active X to be ON doesnt change, then I am going to spend 300.oo on the 30GB iPod at Radio Shack and completely switch to iTunes and hope for better days.
Old 27th February 2006, 04:59   #154
Napolean Solo

Quote:
Originally posted by ujay
@maddox - Would placing winamp.com in your 'Trusted Sites' do it for you.

UJ
No, as turning on Active X in IE is what is required, and it has to stay on for the 5.2 browser to work at all - whether or not winamp.com is made safe.
Old 27th February 2006, 05:06   #155
Napolean Solo

Quote:
Originally posted by papadoc
I'd have to agree they kinda screwed the pooch on the Shoutcast browser.
But I'm willing to wait and see what they do with it.

And what's with AOL Radio with XM streaming @ 16kbps?
Wow, dude, you are corect. The XM at 16 is bullshit. Complete waste.
Old 27th February 2006, 05:07   #156
drewbar
Sawg 2.0
Major Dude

Dude, you think they are going to give you actual XM stations for free? If you want XM in full quality, you are still going to have to buy the service.

It is free, and you don't have to listen to it if the quality is too low.

Count with us!
Jan 1st, 12AM (PST, GMT -8) 2010 - 282,246
Old 27th February 2006, 05:12   #157
Napolean Solo

Re: Another complaint about the Shoutcast Browser :)

Quote:
Originally posted by merc68k
Yeah, I prefer the old browser also... here are my beefs:

Each stream takes up more space -> fewer streams in a given amount of space

Not possible to scroll through a list of all Shoutcast Radio streams.

Using mouse wheel in stream list with the genre selector hightlighted causes the genre to change.

Winamp TV browser shows only 2 or 3 streams when I choose "all" from the genre selector, but searching for streams with "a" gives many more.

In general it's just not as slick, lean, and easy to use IMHO. I've uninstalled 5.2 and gone back to 5.13.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE IF yoiu have the 5.13 PRO, only PRO, please email it to me, PLEASE.
Old 27th February 2006, 05:14   #158
ctkatz8086

the "pro" option prompts you to put in your reg info during the install. you can download the full version and put in your reg info in the winamp pro section in the preferences.

Old 27th February 2006, 05:14   #159
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

Quote:
Originally posted by Napolean Solo
No, as turning on Active X in IE is what is required, and it has to stay on for the 5.2 browser to work at all - whether or not winamp.com is made safe.
If ActiveX is enabled for the Trusted Sites zone only, and winamp.com is the one and only site in that zone, then please tell me what the problem can be? You can even change the default level for the Trusted zone from Low to Medium, and it will still work.
Old 27th February 2006, 05:20   #160
Napolean Solo

Quote:
Originally posted by drewbar
Dude, you think they are going to give you actual XM stations for free? If you want XM in full quality, you are still going to have to buy the service.

It is free, and you don't have to listen to it if the quality is too low.
Then, DUDE, they should advertise it that way. They advert it as CD Quality Audio XM now in Winamp.
Closed Thread
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion