Old 27th February 2006, 05:22   #161
Napolean Solo

Quote:
Originally posted by ctkatz8086
the "pro" option prompts you to put in your reg info during the install. you can download the full version and put in your reg info in the winamp pro section in the preferences.
Right, whatever, READ what i typed. I need the Pro version of 5.13 NOT 5.2 and NO, 5.2 did NOT adk for my reg info, it just copied it from my 5.13 exisiting install. What are talking about?
Old 27th February 2006, 05:25   #162
Napolean Solo

Quote:
Originally posted by DJ Egg
If ActiveX is enabled for the Trusted Sites zone only, and winamp.com is the one and only site in that zone, then please tell me what the problem can be? You can even change the default level for the Trusted zone from Low to Medium, and it will still work.
OK. I am a stupid on that one, I apologise for trying to sound smarter. After all, Active X had to be running or Windows Update if nothing else.

Sorry about that bit of bad info. But, everything else I have psoted so far is , of course, golden!

Haha!
Old 27th February 2006, 05:25   #163
ctkatz8086

if i understand what you have typed, apparantly you have uninstalled 5.2. all i suggested is download 5.13 full (which is the same as 5.13 pro) and copy the reg info that you should still have a copy of and put it into the pro section under the preferences. one of the mods or other members can back me up on this.

now if you deleted that info, well i guess you're sol. what are you talking about?

no need to sound so hostile dude

Old 27th February 2006, 05:25   #164
drewbar
Sawg 2.0
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by Napolean Solo
They advert it as CD Quality Audio XM now in Winamp.
No they don't. Where does it say "CD Quality" anywhere? Seriously, making shit up just makes you look like even more of a moron.

Count with us!
Jan 1st, 12AM (PST, GMT -8) 2010 - 282,246
Old 27th February 2006, 05:28   #165
Napolean Solo

Quote:
if i understand what you have typed, apparantly you have uninstalled 5.2. all i suggested is download 5.13 full (which is the same as 5.13 pro) and copy the reg info that you should still have a copy of and put it into the pro section under the preferences. one of the mods or other members can back me up on this.

now if you deleted that info, well i guess you're sol. what are you talking about?

no need to sound so hostile dude
I have EVERY RIGHT to feel and sound any way I want to sound. Deal with it. I am pissed that AOL/Winamp could even think of shoving a crappy browser on us without some kind of testing or warning or emails or something. But, you have a point, I shouldnt really direct my pissed-ness at you. Beside that, if as you say "...no need..." then why did you repeat my What r u talking about phrase? And, also , NO, anyone can retrieve heir old REG number from winamp.com. So, even if I had deleted it, I would not be sol. Now, what R U talking about?

No. The only thing one could infer from what I typed, is that I obviuosly installed 5.2 OVER 5.13 and I would like to GO BACK to 5.13 Pro, after uninstalling 5.2 or just reinstalling 5.13 OVER 5.2 which is what I currently have installed.

And (I think) no holds also for donwloading Full instead of Pro, as: 1 they are different sizes and 2 the Pro contains a serial number.

But Ill try it your way just to see if am wrong once again.
Old 27th February 2006, 05:57   #166
Napolean Solo

Quote:
Originally posted by drewbar
No they don't. Where does it say "CD Quality" anywhere? Seriously, making shit up just makes you look like even more of a moron.
It used to say it on Winamp.com, dude, and nullsoft.com, and AOL.com - and you know it to be true. You calling me a moron makes you look like an fool. I am not making this shit up!

BTW, FYI (and I know you didnt ask, and probably dont care) - installing 5.13 OVER 5.2 might blow out the modern skin from appearing, but that might be an XML issue. After rebooting, everything is all 5.13 Pro coolness - although the installer did NOT ask me for my reg code - it just picked it up from the registry where its been stored intact for at least the last 8 versions - Prior to those versions, I do recall that the installer would always ask or if it didnt ask, I would have to go back and re-enter the Pro info to get it to work.

And I think I am wrong about the sizes of Full and Pro, but I cannot find a pro version saved to compare.
Old 27th February 2006, 05:57   #167
ctkatz8086

your hostile soundedness comes across as trying to work with an extremely angry person who won't calm down to explain things clearly as evidenced in this thread and the poll thread when you replied to four or five things in a row when it could have all been handled in one post directed at multiple people. i repeated what you said because seriously, i didn't know what you were talking about. as for the pro angle, i wouldn't know about that since i didn't buy it.

Old 27th February 2006, 06:12   #168
Napolean Solo

Quote:
your hostile soundedness comes across as trying to work with an extremely angry person who won't calm down to explain things clearly as evidenced in this thread and the poll thread when you replied to four or five things in a row when it could have all been handled in one post directed at multiple people. i repeated what you said because seriously, i didn't know what you were talking about. as for the pro angle, i wouldn't know about that since i didn't buy it.
Extremely angry? You need to go back to school, fool.

How could responding to 4 or 5 to 4 or 5 different people, probably extremely different people, be helpful to anyone of them or all as a whole. If you would, give us an example, why not quote what I said and place it all in one post, and lets see how that flies? And if it works, I will have no problem apologising for confusing everyone with indiviual repsonses to each individual. But, seriously, use cut and paste when quoting me, because actually reading what I have posted is just not your strong suit today.
Old 27th February 2006, 06:17   #169
Napolean Solo

Quote:
Then, DUDE, they should advertise it that way. They advert it as CD Quality Audio XM now in Winamp.
I am an XM subscriber. But, what would be cool would be a way for Winamp to figure out my subsription status with XM and use it for allowing the higher bandwidths to be made available through the Winamp interface.
Old 27th February 2006, 06:24   #170
ctkatz8086

this is what i mean. i haven't disrespected you in any way. drewbar was right when he said you are looking more like a moron. (note the difference between looks like which is what drew and i are saying and is which is what you are saying)

common forum ettiquette is that you don't make multiple posts in a row in a short time period. you address your points to different people by stating who you are reponding to by using the vbullitin code for quoting, bolding who you are responding to and respond in the line beneath or putting @(respondant). it reduces clutter and prevents post pumping (if it makes any diffence). it wouldn't make much sense if i quoted you in different places because right now, you and i are the only ones responding to each other (for now at least...) and i am clearly responding only to you.

as for my examples of responding to multiple people in one post, i would have to comb the forums i post at because i don't do much chatting here normally. i'm the lurker as it says in the sig. but you should be able to look through this entire thread for an example of what to do.

back on topic somewhat, i was wondering about third party plugins. i know that musiclivesonline has a plugin that lists shoutcast stations and it works through winamp3 (yes i still use it and would like to know its development progress as wasabi.player) by way of the wa2 plugin wac. will those most likely be broken because of the way these plugins recieve shoutcast listings?

Old 27th February 2006, 09:31   #171
sin0

shotcast browser, a BIG step backwards

For the first time you have actually succeeded in annoying alot of people here at our office with your new shoutcast browser which is a big step backward, with a great loss of functionality and responsiveness, it's a real pain to use.

Is there a plugin that we can use to replicate the old shoutcast browser functionality and that you higly recommend? If not, where can we download the older version?
Old 27th February 2006, 10:55   #172
siebe83
Forum King

For the first time? ()

Note that the Online Services section will be improved / is improving:
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....29#post1874329

For older versions, as usual...
www.winampheaven.net
(however, the old SHOUTcast feeds may stop working, one day...)

Good Winamp plugins by Joonas, DrO and shaneh.
If you're bored go here or, if the boredom is more serious, here.
Old 27th February 2006, 11:08   #173
sin0

Quote:
Originally posted by siebe83
For the first time? ()
Yes! Actually most people here doesn't do anything else but use the shoutcast browser and play the streams with winamp software. And so far this is the first time people scream out in frustration, and tell those(if any) that have not updated yet, not to do so! =)

Thanks for the info!
Old 27th February 2006, 14:57   #174
papadoc
Comfortably Numb
(Forum King)

Quote:
Wow, dude, you are corect. The XM at 16 is bullshit. Complete waste.
If you need to listen to XM online,
you can always log on to their online radio with your subscriber number,
and stream all their stations on your computer.
Granted, they only stream @ 32kbps and 64kbps.
But that's better than 16kbps.
Old 27th February 2006, 16:26   #175
Plague
f(caffeine){
return wasabi;
}
(Forum King)

I actually kind of agree with the people complaining about the new SHOUTcast 'thing' in the ML.

For one, it uses shitty IE, which I personally try to avoid at all costs.
Using Mozilla would be a bit better, but not good enough either, for me, as I personally don't like it either (am a proud Opera user).

And then we have the god awful new interface.
The old lister was very smooth and very easy/convinient to use.

So it had a 1000 limit, so what? It was still miles better imo.
Plus, would it be that hard to remove that limit?

The new interface is annoying at best, and extremely frustrating at worst. There's nothing convinient about it whatsoever that I've noticed, yet.

In my opinion, if I wanted an interface like this, I could've just aswell opened up my browser and type in www.shoutcast.com

The whole point, for me, with the SHOUTcastlister in the Winamp Library was/is to have it right there in a convinient way, to easily just doubleclick on one of the streams when I felt like listening to some Internet Radio.
This new interface removes that convinience for me.

Think of it like how the Library can track folders for local media. It's not really neccesary in order to be able to play the music, but it's soo much more convinient than having to bring up an explorer window and browse to the folder with the music you want and then enqueue the files that way.
This is the same thing.

I know you've said this won't change back, but you should really listen to your customers about this one, they _clearly_ don't want the new interface, so what's so wrong in giving them the choice of having the old one back (even if limited)?

Atleast consider it.

Edit:
Okay, I just found the Shoutcast 5.2 browser poll thread..
Does this mean the IE interface will be (or have a choice of beeing) gone?
Old 27th February 2006, 17:23   #176
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

Did you notice the new changes?

These are the main 'info' posts to read in that thread
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....29#post1874329
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....41#post1872741

The first one lists the proposed changes, and what's already been applied.
The 2nd one explains the old 1000 limit issue, amongst other things.

And no, ttbomk, the old listing won't be coming back, although as per usual, nothing is set in stone.
Old 27th February 2006, 17:32   #177
cuz

Quote:
Originally posted by Lys
I do not like the new web shoutcast browser, could the original one be brought back?

The new one can't sort by popularity, or filter on bandwidth.
I agreee as well...the new one as i put in a comment on i would say seems more cumberson....
the old one yo could do aphabetily but the whole list now u can only do part ...i agree like the oldr format a lot been the same for some time why the change??
Old 27th February 2006, 17:40   #178
Plague
f(caffeine){
return wasabi;
}
(Forum King)

Egg:
yea, I read that first info post..
read the second one now...

I can understand the issues and the reasons for the limit.
One thing though, with this new listing, even if it will be possible to list by "all", will it actually be less work for the server than the old lister?

Anyways, looks like I'll be able to live with the new lister, after the changes are done.
Only thing about it that will still bother me enough will be that IE is the browser beeing used.. If somehow the user can choose which browser to use, it would make my day, but I guess that won't happen..
Old 27th February 2006, 18:39   #179
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

If you're concerned about using IE, for whatever reason (I know I'm not, because I don't have any viruses, spyware, worms, trojans, no malware whatsoever, and aren't likely to ever get any - and if there are any vulnerabilities, then the whole of Windows is just as vulnerable due to IE being a core part of it), then just add *.winamp.com and *.shoutcast.com to the Trusted Sites zone, and there shouldn't be any problems.

Heck, if you don't use IE at all, ever, then you can even set all zones to High level, and set the Trusted Zones level to medium, and the sc browser will still work.

"One thing though, with this new listing, even if it will be possible to list by "all", will it actually be less work for the server than the old lister?"

No, because not everyone will be selecting "All" at the same time,
ie. it won't load the "All" list by default, you'd need to select it.
Whereas before, there'd be a few million users all loading either the default 500 list, or a modified setting 1000 max list, or (before the limit was applied) anything up to 10,000 or more, all at around the same time - and this proved to be too heavy a load on the server.

All that said and done, I don't think there'll be an option to actually load the full 13,000 list, because then that would be a burden on the server. It'd probably be a Top 500 in the Quick Genre, and maybe 'All' (under 'A') will bring down the top 1000 or something... not sure yet, heh.
Old 27th February 2006, 19:02   #180
Plague
f(caffeine){
return wasabi;
}
(Forum King)

okay, got it..

about IE, no I never use it myself, I use Opera, and love it..
I haven't touched the zones settings, but I do have all the security updates from ms, just incase.
I never get viruses, spyware, worms, trojans, malware, etc, either. But I'm a bit afraid of my puter beeing infected by such crap when other people use it, people who rather spend alot of time trying to locate where I hid IE, rather than just opening up Opera and browse happily..

It actually happened just a few days ago, we had a party here and a friend of mine borrowed my puter a while to surf a bit, and refused to use Opera and instead opened up regular explorer and browsed that way.
The day after I noticed my puter was behaving strangely (it complained about a missing sys file for my soundcard, which actually turned out not to be missing at all, just damaged) so I did a virus search and sure enough, a few trojans had slipped through..

So no, I don't trust IE one bit.
And I especially don't trust stupid users who are 'knowledgable' enough to search through the entire system in order to find a hidden IE, but not 'knowledgable' enough to find the "New page" button in Opera (my friend actually couldn't find how to open up an empty page in Opera).

So to summarize, I can live with IE myself, but I'd rather not as I don't trust it at all.

I'll have a look at the zones though..
However I suspect it'll only cause more problems when friends borrow my puter and realize they can't browse the internet with it.. I can guess their comments will be like "man, your computer is broken! Can't even surf the net!!!11!" and "WTF!? dude, fix your damn computer!!" and so on...
But I guess I can live with that..
Old 27th February 2006, 22:53   #181
jalba

Well.. i firstly want to thank the developers for working on 5.2 its alright, i see you were trying to do new changes.

As much as i hate the new shoutcast way, i know it more than likely will not be back (i've seen over 50 posts of staff stating its gone), I do however hate and will miss the search feature on the Winamp Music list , there was times when i didnt know who was the artist on a song i liked and i would type it in the search box and find it quickly. Now im going to probably have to search in google for the artist then try to choose the right Genre to find the song.

Still, i do see that you were trying to do some changes, which changes is good, some of these new things we're just going to have to get used to , or like few are doing reinstalling older versions.
Old 28th February 2006, 00:33   #182
H3DGE

I usually just cruise the forums but I had to register for this one... There are some improvements but i'm reverting back to 5.13!!! Maybe I will try this out in the future but that future is a long way away I think.

It's hard to teach an old dog new tricks. I liked my old lap dog roll just fine.
Old 28th February 2006, 05:40   #183
Godfather00

problem with winamp music

Hey is anybody having a problem with playing the videos in winamp music? The problem I'm having is the ads will play over and I'll never get to the vid. and no I don't have repeat on but the audio streams seem to repeat too. The main problem I'm having is with the ads. I'm running xp pro on a 1.8 GHz system 1GB ram. any suggestions would be appreciated.
Old 28th February 2006, 09:30   #184
ivand67

Can you guys give us some kind of update to the buggy 5.2 is coming out? What would it be, 5.2.01?

When are you planning on releasing that?
Old 28th February 2006, 10:18   #185
DrO

when it's ready?

-daz
Old 28th February 2006, 10:22   #186
YtseJam
Forum King

Send a message via ICQ to YtseJam Send a message via AIM to YtseJam
People are being quite unjust regarding the 5.2 release.

On the overall, 5.2 has been quite a big release with a lot of fixes and enhancements.
Kudos to the team...

Sure, some (err...) bitch about the SHOUTcast changes, but that's what feedback is for, it'll be improved.

Calling 5.2 "buggy" isn't so appropriate...

Old 28th February 2006, 13:35   #187
amano
Major Dude

Winamp 5.2 is so great.

Kudos to Benski, Tag and Co. for touching long outstanding quality related things (tagging, gapless, Playback). The new serverside Shoutcast has its potential, but is completely new. Give it some time to evolve into something much better than before.

eeeee eeeeeee eeeee eeeee eeeee
8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 88
8eee8 8e 8 8 8eee8 8e 8 8 8
88 8 88 8 8 88 8 88 8 8 8
88 8 88 8 8 88 8 88 8 8eee8
Old 28th February 2006, 13:48   #188
DrO

ivand67's issues are predominantly the video support and the bug introduced with the modern skin singleui fixes. when other aspects are fixed then a new version will come (which for those who think 5.2 is good will reinforce that ). personally i'm just happy with being able to remove all of the online media stuff and that i don't have jtfe using so much memory as compared to the old distro build

-daz
Old 28th February 2006, 16:30   #189
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

And DrO, never forget the great new Systray plugin in 5.2, it kick-ass

Last edited by Koopa; 28th February 2006 at 17:35.
Old 28th February 2006, 17:28   #190
Squadman

Send a message via AIM to Squadman
Yeah, come how it's not in the update list?
Old 28th February 2006, 17:32   #191
siebe83
Forum King

* Improved: [gen_tray] gen_tray v1.0 (thanks DrO)
Yay

[edit]
@Koopatrooper below...

Good Winamp plugins by Joonas, DrO and shaneh.
If you're bored go here or, if the boredom is more serious, here.
Old 28th February 2006, 17:32   #192
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

Quote:
Yeah, come how it's not in the update list?
Sure it is:

Quote:
[Edit]Damn too slow, Siebe I hate you
Old 28th February 2006, 19:22   #193
Plague
f(caffeine){
return wasabi;
}
(Forum King)

Quote:
Originally posted by YtseJam
People are being quite unjust regarding the 5.2 release.

On the overall, 5.2 has been quite a big release with a lot of fixes and enhancements.
Kudos to the team...

Sure, some (err...) bitch about the SHOUTcast changes, but that's what feedback is for, it'll be improved.

Calling 5.2 "buggy" isn't so appropriate...
Yea I agree..
5.2 contains, for example, some very nice stuff in gen_ff that has been missing/broken since Winamp3 alphas. Aswell as some nice new stuff in gen_ff that never made it into Winamp3..

Plus a whole lot more non-modern skin specific stuff.

the new SHOUTcast changes are the only thing I was unhappy about, but as you said, it'll be improved and possibly better than how it was before..

Overall, Benski, Tag & Co has done a very nice job with 5.2 and I'm looking forward to what they may come up with next.

Remember, not long ago Winamp was on life-support and as far as modern skin features go, the overall feeling was that not much new was to be expected.. Benski has proved us wrong there.

Last edited by Plague; 28th February 2006 at 19:50.
Old 1st March 2006, 09:42   #194
osmosis
Major Dude

anybody remember gen_4way? it was the systray plugin that had all the buttons in one icon. i'd like to see that revisited (or implemented as an alternative in the new gen_tray pehaps) because the old one is difficult to find and buggy with newer versions of winamp.

Request: A little SmartView Query Language love.
Old 1st March 2006, 16:18   #195
Squadman

Send a message via AIM to Squadman
Quote:
Originally posted by siebe83
Yay

[edit]
@Koopatrooper below...
Oops. Didn't see that. My bad.
Old 1st March 2006, 17:04   #196
Plague
f(caffeine){
return wasabi;
}
(Forum King)

Quote:
Originally posted by osmosis
anybody remember gen_4way? it was the systray plugin that had all the buttons in one icon. i'd like to see that revisited (or implemented as an alternative in the new gen_tray pehaps) because the old one is difficult to find and buggy with newer versions of winamp.
yes, I second this.. I use that plugin, but it's not working perfectly anymore..
I don't like gen_tray because it takes up such big space in the systray.
So, a revisited/reimplemented gen_4way would rock..
Old 1st March 2006, 17:10   #197
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

Quote:
I don't like gen_tray because it takes up such big space in the systray
Have you tried another icon pack, the size of other icon packs is smaller than the default (ugly) icons.
Old 1st March 2006, 17:11   #198
DrO

Quote:
Originally posted by Plague
yes, I second this.. I use that plugin, but it's not working perfectly anymore..
I don't like gen_tray because it takes up such big space in the systray.
So, a revisited/reimplemented gen_4way would rock..
i've had a few emails about adding implementing other aspects to the plugin so i'll have to see what i can get done (along with everything else, heh)

-daz
Old 1st March 2006, 17:13   #199
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

DrO, if you decide to add a dropdown list to the pugin for changing the icons, then contact me, then I'll update the installer.
Old 1st March 2006, 17:14   #200
Plague
f(caffeine){
return wasabi;
}
(Forum King)

Quote:
Originally posted by Koopatrooper
Have you tried another icon pack, the size of other icon packs is smaller than the default (ugly) icons.
what I mean is that gen_tray takes up 16x16 pixels per control, while gen_4way takes up 16x16 pixels for 4 controls. So gen_tray would take up 4 times as much space as gen_4way for the same controls. waste of space imo.. And afaik gen_4way is the only systray plugin that takes up that little room.

Edit:
the only plugin I can find that's even near gen_4way in the amount of room it takes up is this: http://www.winamp.com/plugins/details.php?id=79319
But I've used that one before and I wasn't happy enough with it, I prefer gen_4way..

Dro:
Cool, looking forward to it..
Closed Thread
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion