Old 11th August 2006, 11:18   #1
b0nd3n

how to stream over LAN ?

Hello !
sorry for my spelling, im swedish.

The problem :
how do i do to stream music/radio over my home network, whitout sending out on the web ?
b0nd3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2006, 15:30   #2
Rocker
Hiding in plain sight (mod)

use shoutcast dsp and server and block the port your broadcasting on, using the firewall on your router(externally only).

http://www.shoutcast.com
Rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2006, 15:44   #3
b0nd3n

Quote:
Originally posted by Rocker
use shoutcast dsp and server and block the port your broadcasting on, using the firewall on your router(externally only).

http://www.shoutcast.com
but what adress do i write in the " adress " field ? can i use the defualt " localhost " and use the port 8000 but i block this port on my router ? and how do the other users on my network do to listen to my " LAN radio " ?
Old 11th August 2006, 17:27   #4
hackerdork
Forum King

you wont use your !@#!@# router at all,. local host, and to listen point to the PC's address running shoutcast. no router configured no stream on the internet. easy eh

~ According to the ship's log we're down to our last 3000 vomit bags.It'll never be enough.
search the forums! don't PM me on how-to, or ask me to setup you system. you do it so you learn.
hackerdork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2006, 19:44   #5
b0nd3n

Quote:
Originally posted by hackerdork
you wont use your !@#!@# router at all,. local host, and to listen point to the PC's address running shoutcast. no router configured no stream on the internet. easy eh
wtf !! but #¤@% !! we have to connect trohw my fucking router ! or else my web company will disconnect us from the connection, so i have to stream whit the router conectet. .
so thats my fucking problem you see
Old 11th August 2006, 20:04   #6
dotme

Quote:
Originally posted by b0nd3n
wtf !! but #¤@% !! we have to connect trohw my fucking router ! or else my web company will disconnect us from the connection, so i have to stream whit the router conectet. .
so thats my fucking problem you see
Nah - your "fucking" problem is that you're not grasping basic networking concepts. PC-to-PC connections on a flat LAN don't use a router. At all.

So if your shoutcast PC's address is 192.168.1.101, then use that address plus port on other LAN PCs to tune in.

http://192.168.1.101:8000/listen.pls (example)

Don't touch your router at all. Just leave it alone.
dotme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2006, 20:06   #7
hackerdork
Forum King

Du unkindkommentarer skar får ditt ignorerat i forumen. Du vet inte mycket om datoren som knyter kontakt, så du behöver att läsa mer av meddelandena för enlish endast i denna forum.

var trevlig eller få förolämpade mer.

Engelsk text följer:

you dont use the router for the lan do you? you only use it for internet.

and you can type english just fine you prat! anyway listen or read up

127.0.0.1 or localhost is the address for your winamp and shoutcast server to talk to each other on the same PC.

however other computers on the LAN will use that Pc's real ip address (ipconfig /all from the command prompt will show you the address).

its streams on the lan to eveyone that is connected. a router is a a router, not a hub or switch. you might be confused about the fact the your router has a 4-8 port switch as well, you are using the ethernet ports not the router interfaces.

dont come back in my face again.

le tme ask you this, what is the IP Address of the PC running shoutcast, and what is the IP address of one of the PC's that wants to listen on the lan? if they are in different network, then you need to configure the router , not shoutcast configuration. If both the broadcast PC and the listening PC are on the same IP network then dont worry, you dont need to do shit with the router configuration to stream on a LAN.

Read up on networking before you open your mouth or keyboard.

Take care.

~ engrish!

~ According to the ship's log we're down to our last 3000 vomit bags.It'll never be enough.
search the forums! don't PM me on how-to, or ask me to setup you system. you do it so you learn.
Old 11th August 2006, 20:14   #8
b0nd3n

thx dude ! sorry if i was a bit "hard" (dont know any better word :P ) , but i think i will make it from here. take care
Old 11th August 2006, 20:24   #9
hackerdork
Forum King

Ha en god dag och tyck om att sända.

~ D

Old 6th February 2007, 00:54   #10
rexzooly

Send a message via AIM to rexzooly
Not all lans work the way you said some router are stupid but off that topic i need to listen and stream off the same ip how can i do this and not lan i mean from my pc back to my pc i just get buff and i need to know its working as i have a website have runs my station
rexzooly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2007, 12:55   #11
networknova

Send a message via Yahoo to networknova
if you want to broadcast within your LAN internal network and not to the open web, heres a few pointers.

all internal networks have a reserved ip address subnet (192.168.0.0.1-192.168.255.255).
1 ip is assigned to each conputer within your Internal net

if running both the server and the winamp dsp from the same computer, it can be addressed as "localhost" or 127.0.0.1 which actually means loopback always pointing back to the computer on which the address was called.

anyone within the internal network wanting to listen would use the internal network address of the shoutcast server.(between 192.168.0.0.1 and 192.168.255.255) eg. http://192.168.0.6:8000

to block anyone from the external net "the www" simpley remove any port forwarding configurations in your router or host network switch.

hope this helps
networknova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2007, 13:11   #12
rexzooly

This did not work at all as my stream i am testing is web based i want to be able to listen to the stream via my web based player how i am hosting to there people.

i just get buffering all thet time.

i have no problem with it working on the same network as the signl get sent out and then comes back to other computer fine just not to mine as i am the Shoutcast server and well as wanting to be a client for testing.
Old 6th February 2007, 13:18   #13
networknova

when referencing a machine to its self use localhost or 127.0.0.1 for the address ip. eg http://localhost:8000 clicking on this link while streamming shoutcast on your server on port 8000 should allow you to hear the broadcast

im assuming your browsing with the same machine you have shoutcast server installed on
Old 6th February 2007, 14:30   #14
rexzooly

No FFS i am testing a website out so i can not do that i am not stupid i know that one already but i can have localhost bla bla on a live site as it will only work or me
So i ask again is there a way to listen to my station for them same ip.

( HITS HEAD ON WALL)
Old 13th November 2007, 16:06   #15
networknova

yes but you will need your external ip for them to listen... but the external ip prob wont work for you to listen since you would be broadcasting from your home connection as many isp's dont allow loopback connections.

therefore you can get your external ip at http://ip.host-comp.com and replace the localhost address in the web player code with your external address an others on the internet will be able to listen via your webpage. keep in mind your external ip likely changes from time to time and can only stream to a very limited number of people at one time. you can check your max upload speed here http://www.speedtest.net/ hope this is what you ment
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Technical Support