Old 27th August 2007, 18:50   #121
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

@Kn0tte
Correct. Looks like that modern skin songticker tweak didn't make it into this build either. Doh!
And thanks for the report about the Album Art window always being open, even after closing it then closing & reopening Winamp.
Old 27th August 2007, 19:00   #122
DrO

Quote:
Originally posted by Kn0tte
Hey.... Nice... But I cant see anything changed on the songticker..? Didnt it made it into this build? (like you said on the album art thing)..
i never committed the altered file since i was trying to work on the ml_disc issue. a alteration of the xml will go in but i'm not going to say which build since i don't generally know when we're pushing new beta builds out

-daz
Old 27th August 2007, 19:00   #123
Daedala

Quote:
* Misc: Reversed the album art search criteria order to: embedded, %album%.*, cover.*. folder.* (edit: hmm, not sure if this made it into this build or not, but will definitely be so in the next public beta).
Would it be possible to add the ability to just use any arbitrarily named image that is in the album folder, if no other match is found?
Old 27th August 2007, 19:25   #124
VortX

Quote:
Originally posted by DJ Egg

* New: Album Art window for Winamp Modern skin (shows cover for currently playing file)
So, this is the end of my Winamp Modern Cover Art skin
I made this skin using code from skincorsortium, so I've had Album Art window in modern skin for quite some time. But anyway, now that there's default support, let's use it!

One for the wishlist:
I'd be great if transitions between covers could be added. You know, like fade in/out, slide...

A cople of questions:
-How can I change the "NO COVER" image shown in the Album Art window?
-Does it have to be the same as the "NO COVER" image in the Media Library?
-Can I customize the name for the covers downloaded via "Get Album Art" function? (I mean, folder.jpg instead of cover.jpg, or even %artist%-%album%.jpg) If not, another one foe the wishlist

Thanks

PS: Album Art window for classic skins wold be awesome!!
Old 27th August 2007, 19:31   #125
Kn0tte
Major Dude

Quote:
@Kn0tte
Correct. Looks like that modern skin songticker tweak didn't make it into this build either. Doh!
And thanks for the report about the Album Art window always being open, even after closing it then closing & reopening Winamp.
OK... No problem mate
Im looking forward to the next build
5.36 looks nice so far... Just the two things I posted need fixing and woops - What a lovely version =)

Keep up the good work

/Kn0tte
Old 27th August 2007, 19:36   #126
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

@VortX

Re: "How can I change the "NO COVER" image shown in the Album Art window?"
See the 3rd post in the thread.
Old 27th August 2007, 20:01   #127
siebe83
Forum King

Anyone able to reproduce the following...

- When album art is set to Small/Medium/Large Icon, scrolling with the mouse only works after I've scrolled using the scroll bar.

- Mouse cursor disappears when hovering column headers in the ML (any column header in the ML really, except for the online stuff).
I could not reproduce this issue on a clean install, so I first assumed it would be some third-party plugin to blame. However, after disabling all third-party plugins on my main install, the problem persists. So maybe some config mismatch?
Happens on classic and modern skin.
I didn't have this issue with build 1499.

Good Winamp plugins by Joonas, DrO and shaneh.
If you're bored go here or, if the boredom is more serious, here.
Old 27th August 2007, 20:22   #128
MarkRH

I also noticed the mouse disappearing when hovering over the ML columns and also in "blank" areas on the same column row where no column header was. 1500 did not do this.

Is the Album Art window while a song is playing going to be a Winamp Modern skin only thing?
Old 27th August 2007, 20:32   #129
VortX

Quote:
Originally posted by siebe83
- Mouse cursor disappears when hovering column headers in the ML (any column header in the ML really, except for the online stuff)
yeah, same here

@DrO

thanks!! When I first read the topic, I saw the php box and just skipped
Old 27th August 2007, 20:34   #130
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

Hmm. That 'cursor disappearing over ml column headers' bug was fixed internally, but I guess the fix didn't make it into the public beta branch. Sorry.
Old 27th August 2007, 20:36   #131
DrO

VortX: que? you've lost me there

-daz
Old 27th August 2007, 21:38   #132
VortX

never mind. difficulties with English
I meant I just had skipped that post when reading the topic

thanks for your help!

Windows 7
Winamp 5.58
Old 27th August 2007, 21:54   #133
martin.deimos
Android/UI Development

Send a message via ICQ to martin.deimos Send a message via AIM to martin.deimos Send a message via Yahoo to martin.deimos
about the albuma art window: normally it should save it's value of being hidden or shown.
perhaps there is a silent crash of winamp on close so it has no time for saving.
i will try to figure this out and try to repro.

WebSite: www.skinconsortium.com - Community for Userinterface Design & Coding
Skins: Click Here
Old 27th August 2007, 22:06   #134
DrO

VortX: sure you shouldn't have been directing it at Egg rather than me?

-daz
Old 27th August 2007, 22:07   #135
martin.deimos
Android/UI Development

Send a message via ICQ to martin.deimos Send a message via AIM to martin.deimos Send a message via Yahoo to martin.deimos
well, i have tried to repro the bug w/ the state of album art wnd in wa modern not saving - i do not get this error!
perhaps delete this line out of studio.xnf and try again:
PHP Code:
<entry name="Album Art%09Alt+A" value="1" /> 
the code for hiding/showing should be ok!

WebSite: www.skinconsortium.com - Community for Userinterface Design & Coding
Skins: Click Here
Old 27th August 2007, 22:22   #136
synthetiq

Quote:
Originally posted by VortX

One for the wishlist:
I'd be great if transitions between covers could be added. You know, like fade in/out, slide...

that would be FANTASTIC !

And another one: i guess its not possible to enqueue an album when we right click an album cover in the ML
Old 27th August 2007, 22:22   #137
VortX

Quote:
Originally posted by DrO
VortX: sure you shouldn't have been directing it at Egg rather than me?

-daz

yes, this time yes. i mixed the names

but both deserve it!

(^^ poor excuse)
Old 27th August 2007, 22:44   #138
Juanus
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to Juanus
I love the new album art window. Thats cool!
just a note and this may reflect on the other people having problems with the album art window. If you close the album art window using the "X" when you right click on the player, Album Art still has a check next to it.

I love the fact that you can get album art now. I like the AOL album art server much better than the amazon one.

I know I wasn't supposed to be doing this, but in the mdedia library, if you choose all artists in the artists window pane, then on the pnae that shows the art, do a ctrl-A to select all. Right click and choose get album art, it crashes on my machine.

Thank You.
Old 27th August 2007, 23:47   #139
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

Yup, the Album Art window problem occurs when closing it via the "x" instead of by unchecking it in the menu. Should be fixed for the next build.

To answer a few questions / wishlist requests...

Yes, we also intend to implement an Album Art window for classic skins.
Alas, art transitions and itunes style coverflow aren't planned at the moment....
(edit: though don't take my word for it as final).
There's also a few more all-round features to come yet, as will all be revealed in forthcoming betas ;-)
Old 27th August 2007, 23:51   #140
MarkRH

The spectrum analyzer.. the bar one. What frequency range does the far right one represent (actually, be nice to know all of them)? Before these betas, the last 3-4 bars were generally non-responsive for most MP3s which seemed to match the 16K or so cut-off that many MP3s have. CDs and higher quality files did have stuff happening there.

Now, lower quality files show activity there as well.

Just wondering,
Thanks.
Old 28th August 2007, 00:17   #141
billyvnilly
Forum King, M.D.

Send a message via ICQ to billyvnilly Send a message via AIM to billyvnilly
Quote:
Alas, art transitions and itunes style coverflow aren't planned at the moment...
look at the great work done over at skin consortium... I like their album transition 'object' SC
Old 28th August 2007, 00:26   #142
VooDoo`
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to VooDoo` Send a message via AIM to VooDoo`
Quote:
Originally posted by pjn123
Really hope the developers will change the playlist on modernskins to use the same sliders as the ml use now. That will be so cool. On big playlist its sometimes difficult to scroll down just a little bit... but with the up/down that the modern sliders offer this wont be a problem anymore.
That is a great suggestion and already so long on my personal wishlist. Not only the up and down sliders would be cool, also a dynamic sized scrollbar as a function of the list size, like the OLD ml has it, is in my opinion a must have. why those scrollbars are removed ???
Please see the attached image to understand what I mean.

I hope the winamp playlist and the new ml becomes the cool old ml scrollbars, because they make more sense and because I hate the little scrollbars from the playlist.

I need the screen magnifying glass in order to not miss this tiny scrollbar
Attached Images
File Type: gif scrollbar.difference.gif (18.9 KB, 326 views)

o_0
Old 28th August 2007, 01:01   #143
Koogle

yes i do agree.. and i don't like the new scrollbars either.. too much grey, like the background scrollbar colour in the old blends in with the skin background.. and the new scrollbar graphics for the arrows just doesn't look right.. its almost like a copy of the itunes scrollbars graphics but just reversed, definetly doens't look good..I don't like itunes but the scrollbars at least fit better

http://www.winsupersite.com/images/r...itunes7_14.jpg (look at the right hand side scrollbar)

My signature was just too damn good to be seen here..
Old 28th August 2007, 01:04   #144
jmbattle

Thank you for the new build - I shall test it later today.

Is there a reason for the jerky AlbumArt ML scrolling when using Classic skins?

Furthermore, what has happened to the AlbumArt iPod features - I can no longer enable this view in pmp_ipod, while the 'transfer album art' option seems to have disappeared. I was rather hoping that the 'Get Album Art' function would be compatible with iPods, however perhaps not (yet)?

Cheers,
James
x
Old 28th August 2007, 01:25   #145
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

@Koogle
As already mentioned, you can edit Winamp\Skins\Winamp Modern\skin.xml

For new skinned scrollbars:
<WasabiXML version="1.3">

For old unskinned scrollbars:
<WasabiXML version="1.2">

Edit: Okay, there'll be an option to use skinned/unskinned scrollbars in the next beta :-)

@jmbattle
Yeah, it looks like a bug, heh. Thanks.
Edit: the album art pane scrolling with classic skins, that is.
Sorry, I've no idea about pmp_ipod because I don't have an iPod, so I'll have to leave that for Will or someone else to comment on.

@pjn123
I think an overhaul is planned for the pledit at a later stage, but unlikely to be for this release.
Old 28th August 2007, 04:52   #146
Ruramuq

I don't know what kind of improvements The Spectrum analyzer has in WA 5.36,but it's very alive now, (using a DSP plugin)

The Oscilliscope is still a little dull, is it possible to improve it too..?

thank you

p.d Winamp classic skin
Old 28th August 2007, 05:22   #147
Mecha25

GREAT!!! one problem (or two)

This is by far the best thing to happen to Winamp since the media library, it just looks so slick.

However! This beta breaks the main window fonts on most skins, the renderer got changed somehow I think and now almost all the fonts in any skin's main window look really glitchy/crappy/misaligned. Switching on the FreeType TrueType rendering helps a bit, but it still looks very bad and unblended. I'm attaching a screenshot of what it looks like raw, the FreeType switch doesn't look much better. Hope this gets fixed, probably just a little issue with the renderer.

Keep in mind, this is in Vista, so that might be part of the problem.

Also, all my songs that don't have an album, and those whose album I don't know (filled in by ???) show up fine in the album list mode, but when you enable album art, they show up as many many (like 30 or so) albums, each with no cover-art, grouped by artist. However, a 2 disk compilation album I have displays perfectly. Why is this?

Thanks for the update, I was beginning to worry there for a while.
Rock on Winamp team!

Edit: upon further consideration, it turns out that the problem might stem from a lack of ClearType rendering ability, (if you look close, the fonts are proportionate, just not blended on the edges).

Edit2: the symptom described by the first edit doesn't happen in other skins, they have other problems with fonts.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg problem.jpg (85.3 KB, 304 views)
Old 28th August 2007, 09:30   #148
VooDoo`
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to VooDoo` Send a message via AIM to VooDoo`
Quote:
@Koogle
As already mentioned, you can edit Winamp\Skins\Winamp Modern\skin.xml

For new skinned scrollbars:
<WasabiXML version="1.3">

For old unskinned scrollbars:
<WasabiXML version="1.2">

Edit: Okay, there'll be an option to use skinned/unskinned scrollbars in the next beta :-)

@pjn123
I think an overhaul is planned for the pledit at a later stage, but unlikely to be for this release.
nice to hear that the pledit would be updated in the future.
I have a question, why you write about skinned and unskinned scrollbars? are they not both skinned? I don't know wich scrollbar skin I prefer, because the old ones flicker a little bit on moving and the new ones have a to brighten background, but the function of the old one are better. why the new scrollbars haven't this function and why have they always a fixed size and cannot be dynamic like in this attachment:
(for better understanding)
Attached Images
File Type: gif scrollbars.gif (8.4 KB, 263 views)

o_0
Old 28th August 2007, 10:38   #149
kzuse

Send a message via ICQ to kzuse Send a message via Skype™ to kzuse
Quote:
* Fixed: Installer: tataki.dll & jpeg/gif/bmp/png.w5s missing when not installing Modern Skin support, but required by ML for album art support
Can one install winamp without Cover Art support?
I personally do not like to have 5 more files just for a feature I do not need.

Don't get me wrong. Really great work!! And the changelog looks promising. But it seems that 5.35 will be the last version I'll use, as the new-styled ML seems to be slower and I simply do not like Album Art. I like my music to be represented as green text on black background as always.....

And you all know that I'm really a "good" Winamp user, from 2.666 until 5.35 I had *every* version installed...

Best regards,
kzuse
Old 28th August 2007, 11:14   #150
jmbattle

kzuse, in which case the only new file you will require is tataki.dll in the Winamp folder as this has become a dependency of the new gen_ml.dll

I can empathise with the way you feel, however thanks to the modular nature of Winamp, it is possible to still have an ultra-compact media player without having to wade through the clutter of features that you do not need.

Try moving/renaming the files in the 'Plugins' and 'System' folders until you are left with the minimum installation required.

Cheers,
James
x
Old 28th August 2007, 12:36   #151
Cianca

Quote:
@pjn123
I think an overhaul is planned for the pledit at a later stage, but unlikely to be for this release. [/B]

mmmm

The universal god of light, love, wisdom and rok n rol
Old 28th August 2007, 12:50   #152
DrO

not a mmm if it breaks existing plugins that make use of the pledit for things but then we don't know how/what will be done yet so we shall see...

-daz
Old 28th August 2007, 12:57   #153
Cianca

sure!

The universal god of light, love, wisdom and rok n rol
Old 28th August 2007, 13:38   #154
synthetiq

what about a "smart view" under the local media tab in the ML to have the hability to show only the albums cover of the ML
because "unexperienceced users" with the ML would love to see that, i guess
and by the way, the unnistall of the build 1500 left some files under the winamp folder

thanks
Old 28th August 2007, 14:19   #155
jmbattle

Yes, a nice idea.

Incidentally, this can be achieved by resizing the panes manually - hiding the ML tree and song list.

Cheers,
James
x
Old 28th August 2007, 14:35   #156
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

@kzuse
tataki.dll is the graphics renderer extracted from gen_ff.dll (Modern Skin support) so that other plugins can also use it (eg. gen_ml / media library).

You don't have to create an album art view in the ml, and therefore don't ever need to use the album art features if you don't want to.

The jpeg/png.w5s files were also extracted from gen_ff, but a fair few releases back (only bmp.w5s & gif.w5s are new, with a total size of 31 kb).

@VOODOOpower
No, afaik, the old scrollbars were fixed (ie. the same for all skins), and not skinned...?

@all
The album art views are still quite a bit buggy (hence why this is a beta).
The most noticable issues are: slow loading, crashing when closing winamp before all the covers in the view have loaded, no option to refresh images or delete the cache (to make newer replacement images display), slow/choppy scrolling with classic skins, and possibly more.
We hope to address & fix all these issues, if not for the next public beta, then definitely before final release.
Old 28th August 2007, 14:48   #157
will
Nullsoft Newbie (Moderator)

Quote:
Originally posted by jmbattle
Furthermore, what has happened to the AlbumArt iPod features - I can no longer enable this view in pmp_ipod, while the 'transfer album art' option seems to have disappeared.
Delete iPod_Control\Device\SysInfo and restart winamp.

DO NOT PM ME WITH TECH SUPPORT QUESTIONS
Old 28th August 2007, 14:59   #158
retchless

1) Any plans to give an option to select where cover art should come from? In my case, I want to disable folder images and show only embedded.

2) Album art window windowshade mode would be cool.. maybe have it expand for a few seconds on song change.

3) "Get Album Art" -> Embedded

4) Any plans to address Vista issues in this release?
i.e. video jitter, file associations, general purpose plugins delete button with UAC turned on (without having to set file permissions manually).

Once again, GREAT WORK!
Old 28th August 2007, 15:22   #159
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

@retchless

1) The order of retrieving album art will be reversed in the next beta (to: embedded, %album%.*, cover.*, folder.*).
I'm not yet sure about whether there'll be any options for this (though I agree that it would be nice - the more options the better)

2) No idea

3) Wait and see :-)

4) Yes. If not for this release, then definitely over the next few.
Old 28th August 2007, 15:45   #160
Kn0tte
Major Dude

Quote:
@kzuse
tataki.dll is the graphics renderer extracted from gen_ff.dll (Modern Skin support) so that other plugins can also use it (eg. gen_ml / media library).

You don't have to create an album art view in the ml, and therefore don't ever need to use the album art features if you don't want to.

The jpeg/png.w5s files were also extracted from gen_ff, but a fair few releases back (only bmp.w5s & gif.w5s are new, with a total size of 31 kb).
@kzuse - did you read that?
Keep on` using newer versions, dont stop at 5.35... 5.36 will be a good version.
DJ Egg said "total size of 31 kb".. That is not much.. Your Winamp and ML will not get slower..

Newer versions are better than old ones, you know...

(Maybe you can list your System specs, so the DEVs can see if your Winamp will get any slower?)

/Kn0tte
Closed Thread
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion