Old 21st September 2007, 15:31   #81
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

@MaK77
If that's the case, then maybe we should just make 'Show Winamp in system tray only' the default setting under Vista? hehe :-D ;-)
Seriously though... yes, we know that DWM thumbnails is causing most (if not all) of the problems under Vista.

@jakobtischler
The Auto-Tagger was a last minute addition to the build system prior to releasing this public beta. It was only added to the English installer script, but not to any of the other locales. Sorry.

@Banditbond
Re: milk_img.ini and milk_msg.ini always written to default dir by installer:
Ahh. Thanks for the report. We'll get someone to look at the installer. However, I've a feeling that it's possibly a Milkdrop plugin bug/issue, and not the installer....

@Maxim
No idea personally, but probably not. Most other programs would crap out if the image file had the wrong extension, regardless of whether Explorer thumbnails gets it right when folder.jpg is actually folder.png

@kzuse
Yes, it was referenced in the beta changelogs, but isn't complete yet.
When the time comes, I'm sure that all will be revealed.

@djhouska

1) That would appear to be a Modern skins issue (probably unimplemented).
Double-clicking the top left corner menu icon with Classic skins still works for closing Winamp.
Did it ever work with the Winamp Modern skin in 5.35 and earlier?
By the way, I never even knew you could do that, heh. For now, why not just single-click the top right corner 'Close Winamp' icon instead?
[Edit] Just seen your edit/realisation, heh [/Edit]

2) Expected behaviour. Milkdrop requires music to be playing for it to work properly. So it's probably not a good idea to start Winamp that way. Maybe try the Time Restore And Autoplay plugin included in the Essentials Pack (see link at bottom of first post in thread) which will let you make Winamp start autoplaying music at startup.

3) Can't reproduce

4) maybe....

5) Expected behaviour / wishlist item.

6) feature request

7) Known issue. It looks like no skins are remembering their individual 'windows open' settings, eg. if playlist and ml are closed in one skin then they'll be closed in all others, or if vis/vid/etc is open in one skin, then they'll also be open in any other skin you switch to.
I'm not sure how long this behaviour has existed. It could've been like this for a fair few releases, or it could be 5.36/5.5-beta specific. I'm not sure at the moment....

@jph6t / Juanus / VooDoo` / soulstace / etc
The weird font issue plot thickens
Can we also see a screenshot of Prefs > Modern Skins > Font Rendering tab?
Or does it also happen in Classic skin with no Modern skin support installed (eg. if you temporarily disable gen_ff.dll)?
There's also a possibility that Windows is assigning Arial Bold to Arial.
Can you try switching to a different font (in Prefs > Playlist), eg. Tahoma, Verdana, etc, and confirm whether the problem persists?
As for why (in Juanus' case) installing the Essential Pack fixes it, I really aren't sure (but was thinking that maybe it was a conflict/issue caused by an old plugin/setting - though that theory got negated when someone confirmed that it also happened on a completely clean install).
Old 21st September 2007, 15:49   #82
Kn0tte
Major Dude

Hey...

1. Please try to fix the spacing for the songticker in the modern skin "modern style". I wanted the ) to be shown on the right side, but now it is too much... You know what I mean... I also have some numbers, but these works only when the "paddings" are set to 0.... So if you can fix it without setting the "paddings" to 0, that could be great... I say that because the blendings on the ends may change if you change the paddings.. Or?
Anyway, my numbers are:
x="10" y="45"
w="-18"
Try to look at it..

2. I didnt realize that Winamp is ten years, until I saw it on wikipedia..
Keep up the good work DEvs, LONG LIVE WINAMP
Old 21st September 2007, 16:49   #83
homes32

transcoding bug

this bug occurs in both 5.5 beta 1 & beta 2

when transcoding songs the progress window occasionally will not "forget" the numbers from the last job

ex. job1 ---> 300 files, 0 left, 1 failed
job2 ---> 600 files, 300 left, 1 failed

the number of files from job 2 (300) is added to the number from job1, also the 1 failed is carried over.

the problem appears to be strictly visual as the transcoding itself works perfectly, and doesn't try to redo any files from the previous job.

homes32
Old 21st September 2007, 16:58   #84
TheUniqueTiger

I don't know whatever happened to the Ogg Disc# problem but I'm myself confused.

Regarding the skipping on pausing issue... It skips the entire buffer length only when you have 'Old-style fade on pause' under 'Fading' tab in out_ds config checked, otherwise its perfect and fades for only 500ms which it should. So this is still wrong... I don't remember Old-style pause fading for 500ms and skipping the entire buffer length of 5000ms.
I hope you can reproduce this now....

I'm really liking this beta, especially the album art below the playlist in Bento... No bugs found till now...Keep up the good work!

You have only One Life... So before You are History, make sure you get into History books. - TheUniqueTiger
My personal website, HiFiBB ... Simply Hifi!, HiFiBB
Old 21st September 2007, 17:01   #85
danburd

tagger

I've been testing the mass tagger. It's pretty good, it doesn't crash or anything. But, I've got a few issues:

1. The mass tagger seems different from the individual song tagger. I mass tagged a big group of songs, but it didn't seem to assign tags for about three or four of them. So, I used the individual option for them and it tagged them. Is there supposed to be different behavior for mass tagging and single tagging?

2. The tagger seems to mix up its songs sometimes. It repeatedly tags Howie Day's "In the Sun" as Rihanna's "Music of the Sun." A mistake of that magnitude seems rather serious.

3. It also mixes up songs that have the same artist and album, by giving them the same titles. For instance, I had two Manu Chao songs: Desaparecido and Bongo Bong, and it tagged both of them as Desaparecido. For every artist who had one album and two tracks, it gave both tracks the same track name. It does that in other cases, too. This is also pretty annoying.
Old 21st September 2007, 17:07   #86
lordsky

Send a message via AIM to lordsky
ID3 Tagging error

Winamp 5.5 Beta 2 build 1568 - Clean install
Bento Skin
WinXP

Auto-tagging does not do unicode properly for IDv1

IDv2 works great!

IDv1 does not work work
Old 21st September 2007, 17:19   #87
Sawg
Forum King

Send a message via ICQ to Sawg Send a message via AIM to Sawg Send a message via Yahoo to Sawg
ID3v1 doesn't support Unicode.

| Brought to you by ^V ^C | The one... the original... no seriously!
Old 21st September 2007, 18:13   #88
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

@TheUniqueTiger
Aha! Yes. 'Old style fade on pause' will be responsible for that behaviour. They don't call it old-skool for nothing!
I'd tend to think that it's always been like that, unless you or someone else can confirm that it definitely doesn't happen in 5.35 or previous. I never quite understood the reason for that setting even being there....

@homes32
I think I might have seen that behaviour once or twice, but like you said, it's only occasional, which makes it quite difficult to reproduce. Is it just happening per winamp session, or have you ever seen it carry over after closing & reopening winamp?

@Kn0tte
It's still referenced in the Known Issues section of the first post ;-)

@danburd
Yeah, I've seen things like that occasionally happen with the mass tagger.
On most occasions it gets everything perfectly correct, but every now and then I see the odd occasion where a couple of tracks on an album have the titles the wrong way round (eg. track 1 has track 8's title, and vice-versa). Nothing quite as severe as your examples though. But remember, it is still a beta.
Old 21st September 2007, 18:34   #89
jph6t
Major Dude

Re: Font problem

Quote:
Originally posted by DJ Egg
@jph6t / Juanus / VooDoo` / soulstace / etc
The weird font issue plot thickens
Can we also see a screenshot of Prefs > Modern Skins > Font Rendering tab?
Or does it also happen in Classic skin with no Modern skin support installed (eg. if you temporarily disable gen_ff.dll)?
There's also a possibility that Windows is assigning Arial Bold to Arial.
Can you try switching to a different font (in Prefs > Playlist), eg. Tahoma, Verdana, etc, and confirm whether the problem persists?
The font issues happen to me while using the Classic Skin.
I do NOT even have the Modern Skin installed.

I switched the font as requested.
This made no difference, the strange behavior was still there.
Old 21st September 2007, 18:55   #90
TheUniqueTiger

Here I found a bug...
Winamp crashes when I open the File info box for a file which has a album art in PNG format. However when I play such file, the PNG image shows up properly in all the places on the screen where it should display. So please look into it. I'm attaching the initial part of the log file (upto Stack)...
Attached Files
File Type: txt crash.log.txt (50.4 KB, 440 views)

You have only One Life... So before You are History, make sure you get into History books. - TheUniqueTiger
Old 21st September 2007, 18:57   #91
jph6t
Major Dude

Re: Feature Request - Default ML Smart View

Quote:
@jph6t
DrO's ML Lite-n plugin is deprecated as from 5.36beta/5.5
The 5.5 Essentials Pack installer actually auto deletes it now.

To set a default SmartView to always load, you'd need to make gen_ml.ini read-only, which is probably not recommended, heh.
Other than that, it's not currently possible. Sorry.
Re-reading my original post, I realize I may have confused you DJ Egg. I don't think I made clear that I was acknowledging that with the release of Winamp v5.36 BETA, Winamp will now remember the collapsed/expanded state of treeview items without the assistance of a plugin. I was just looking to take this new functionality one step further.

Thanks for your reply/feedback. I have posted the idea for a default ML SmartView to the wishlist forum for consideration in a future release or plugin creation.
Old 21st September 2007, 19:32   #92
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

Quote:
Originally posted by TheUniqueTiger
Here I found a bug...
Winamp crashes when I open the File info box for a file which has a album art in PNG format. However when I play such file, the PNG image shows up properly in all the places on the screen where it should display. So please look into it. I'm attaching the initial part of the log file (upto Stack)...
Please could you also attach the faulting png file

D:\Music\Om Shanti Om\Om Shanti Om.png

Full crash logs are also usually more helpful
(eg. _crash.log & _crash.dmp zipped into one report.zip)
Old 21st September 2007, 19:40   #93
lassix

This Vista crash-thingie.. when it crashes and I have to hard-boot, vista sometimes tells me it's because of "nvidia display driver" O_o I'm using 163.67 WHQL drivers and running a 8800 gts 320mb on vista home premium.

just wanted to share this with you
Old 21st September 2007, 19:46   #94
synthetiq

hi
i've made a fresh install of WA 5.5 preview 2 and the first time i've entered the browser i see this:

ht tp://stashbox.org/38290/wa_55_b2_blank_menu.JPG
http://stashbox.org/38290/wa_55_b2_blank_menu.JPG

its a blank menu! it opens to right and shows the sub menu : Add current page, and No quick links stored.

ps: another question: even if we disable all the File info components, ut still shows the title; artist and album

would it be possible to show only the cover art ?
Old 21st September 2007, 19:48   #95
psik0tik

concerning the rating:
when I rate next to the album art, it's updated in the playlist

stashbox.org/38287/1.PNG

but if I rate in the playlist (right-click on the track) it's not updated

stashbox.org/38288/2.PNG
Old 21st September 2007, 20:03   #96
synthetiq

found a crash here:

report: ht tp://stashbox.org/38294/report_3_tracks_autotag_no_net.zip
http://stashbox.org/38294/report_3_t...tag_no_net.zip

using Bento or Modern Skin:
selected 3 files from playlist, send to; autoTag; -->crash
and appears a windows:
MS Visual c++ runtime library
runtime error
(...)
R6025
- pure virtual function call

-----------------------------
PS: no internet connected !!!
Old 21st September 2007, 20:30   #97
denilson3

Send a message via AIM to denilson3 Send a message via Yahoo to denilson3
Found a minor issue.

When streaming video in Bento the [buffering %] display in the top central display does not update in sync with the [buffering %] in the playlist.
Old 21st September 2007, 20:32   #98
JP The Wanderer

Send a message via AIM to JP The Wanderer
Got a big bug.

Winamp crashes when you remove all songs from a portable device at once. This does it when using "remove from device" if you select them manually, or when using autofill. Several times, it made reports of the errors, but this time it completely crashed on me, no error report. Using a Sansa m230 with XP SP2 Pro.

...Just happened again, this time error report generated, but I couldn't get it, as IT froze too. Memory usage shot up to 70,304 K for Winamp.

Tried it again, and got it. Attached is the error log.
Attached Files
File Type: zip report.zip (57.5 KB, 461 views)
Old 21st September 2007, 20:33   #99
danburd

I really think there is a bug with the tagger with concern to duplicating naming. The tagger, both when tagging "en masse" and one song by itself, will often give a song the details of the song that precedes it in the playlist. Putting a song by itself on a playlist will fix this behavior.

The bug doesn't happen all the time, but if you start tagging a large number of songs, it'll happen at least a couple times. At least it did for me. Is anyone else testing the tagger?
Old 21st September 2007, 22:18   #100
Kiyouta

The song title, when the Modern Skin is in Windowshade Mode, is too far to the left, fading behind the playback timer.
Old 21st September 2007, 22:39   #101
Kn0tte
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by Kiyouta
The song title, when the Modern Skin is in Windowshade Mode, is too far to the left, fading behind the playback timer.
Fading behind the playback timer? What are you talking about? I tried it in windowsshade mode, and it is working okay...

Can you post a screenshot of this?

Yeah, I saw that known issues now.. I hope you fix the spacing/the blendings to be fine on both sides...
Old 22nd September 2007, 00:11   #102
CraigF
Passionately Apathetic
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Maxim
[repeat]

Load images based on the data in them, not the extension, so folder.jpg starting with 0x89 "PNG" gets to the PNG decoder... or at least say you won't so I'll stop asking.
If its a misnamed image, its a misnamed image. The best I would hope for is winamp telling you its misnamed and giving you the opportunity to rename it properly.

No computer software should do type sniffing where the type is specified officially (be it mimetype or file extension). Microsoft have a habit of breaking that rule.

@synthetiq,

you dont need to seperate out your http, you can post url's just fine now.

Old 22nd September 2007, 00:15   #103
synthetiq

so far these are my bugs, issues, requests...:

1) Any chance to hide playlist in Bento? and sort the albums by artist, name, year, etc ?
http://stashbox.org/38334/2_ideas.JPG

2)Bento number in preferences box and top of window is different. :P
http://stashbox.org/38335/Bento_number.JPG

3) how compilations are displayed in playlist after double click in album cover in ML,
i mean i guess would be more logic to display by track numbers here:
http://stashbox.org/38337/compilation_in_playlist.JPG

4) right click menu over Video menu in ML, makes no sense (i guess...), and Portables menu was disabled by me, and dunno how to bring it back, even with no portable inserted:
http://stashbox.org/38338/makes_no_s..._portables.JPG

5) Strange font in ML...again...it's random...
http://stashbox.org/38339/strange_fonts__again.JPG

6) Can i rate an album there ? and also with right click over an album cover in ML appears the menu "Rate"...even if i give it 5 stars, next time i do it again it's no rated...of course...
http://stashbox.org/38340/winamp_playlist.JPG

i guess each screenshot speaks for itself...
Old 22nd September 2007, 00:16   #104
armstrong

Jesusonic (Justin's DSP plugin) stabilty

5.36 beta had corrupted Jesusonic display (loose pointer somewhere?) and was repeatedly crashing. Both 5.5 betas just crash (with classic skin and even more often with Bento).

A bunch of dumps (some annotated with "Jesusonic") is in the mail; see also http://www.cockos.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12280

Thanks!
Old 22nd September 2007, 02:09   #105
xamphear

I got that same crazy font issue when doing a very large background scan of my media folder. It persisted throughout the whole scan, I closed Winamp, and when I re-opened it, the issue has not cropped up again.
Old 22nd September 2007, 02:12   #106
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

@synthetiq

Re: Bento Browser Quicklinks quirk:
Alas, I'm not sure what's going on there. I can't reproduce the problem.
/me goes off to try find where the config for browser quicklinks is stored

The Artist/Title/Album part of the Info Viewer can't currently be disabled. Sorry.

Other Bento issues/suggestions I'll leave for Martin....

Also, thanks for the Auto-Tagger crash report

Re: 3rd-post

1) Extra Sorting options is a Wishlist item. The current workaround is to use ShaneH's ActiveScript plugin.

The playlist in general is however in need of a rehash, but it won't be for 5.5

2) Yeah. The prefs notes are out of date, but will be updated correctly in time for the final release.

3) I personally just make sure all my files are fully tagged, including Album Artist, and use a rather complex ATF syntax to achieve my goal. I won't post it here, because it's rather large, but it's in a "Post your ATF here" thread somewhere, if I could only find said thread.

4) Alas, at the moment, there's not much we can do about that. All Send-To items appear in all Send-To menus. The autotagger actually does work for some video formats (eg. some, but not all, mp4, wmv, avi, mpg, nsv, mov, etc music video files).

5) The strange font issues are being looked into...

6) As far as I know, if you rate an album, it should just rate every track on that album with your choice. Are you saying that it's not working?

@psik0tik
Hmm, I can't reproduce that rating problem of yours. Anyone else?

@denilson3
Alas, I can't reproduce your [buffering %] inconsistency issue either. Anyone else?

@JP The Wanderer
Thanks for the report. Hopefully it will be loooked into....
There seems to have been a few reports of issues with Sansa players.

@danburd
I think you're right. The autotagging inconsistencies should all hopefully be fixed for the next build. I've added a note to the Known Issues section of the first post. Thanks.

@Kiyouta
Modern songticker issues are listed in the Known Issues section of the first post
(okay, so I might not have mentioned that it was specifically when in windowshade)
@Kn0tte: I think Kiyouta is referring to the shadow effect on the first character, and probably also the spacing issue too...

@armstrong
Hmm, I guess there's a chance that the Jesusonic plugin might need updating... unless it's something that we've accidentally broken which has made it incompatible. Sorry, but I don't personally use that particular plugin. I do have a version of the actual Jesusonic app installed (Hi Justin) but I bet it's a bit old now (I should go and check for a newer version).

@Wakatteru
Strange. The editor works fine here.
Do you mean that the titles in the Playlist window don't update automatically?
If so, select them, then hit Ctrl+Alt+E (or Misc button > Misc > Read extended info on selection). Otherwise, if the cd tracks have already been loaded into the Playlist (prior to using the cddb editor), they'll only update once they're played.
Old 22nd September 2007, 02:21   #107
soulstace

@DJ

I post my font preferences as requested. I believe they are the defaults, but I may have changed something after noticing the bug.. Haven't experienced it again since.

http://stashbox.org/38353/fonts.png

Also, (not sure if this has been mentioned), the seeker bar in Bento skin is not being colored all the way to the button (as it does on the volume control). I have provided a screenshot showing what I mean;

http://stashbox.org/38352/seeker.png
Old 22nd September 2007, 02:27   #108
xamphear

Quote:
Originally posted by xamphear
I got that same crazy font issue when doing a very large background scan of my media folder. It persisted throughout the whole scan, I closed Winamp, and when I re-opened it, the issue has not cropped up again.
I lied. It's back. Two clicks around the ML and fonts are crazy again. Looks just like the screenshots posted here, like it's defaulting to some fallback windows default font.

Nothing I do in the font prefs makes it go away, though changing the font or setting it to use the skin font fixes it UNTIL I click anywhere else in the ML and then it goes back to crazy style.

I didn't see this issue at all until I indexed my big library into the ML. I wonder if it would go away if I temporarily removed my media library folder in my preferences.
Old 22nd September 2007, 02:39   #109
soulstace

I also have a large library. Around 6,200 tracks.

I just cleared my library (via the clear library button in preferences). Now when I restarted winamp, it starts in my system tray, taking up 99% CPU and no gui to be found! Looks like I need to manually delete the contents of ml folder..

EDIT - Deleting contents of ml didn't solve it. The only way I could get winamp running again (without reboot) was to delete winamp.ini. Then it will start up with classic skin. But switching to Bento makes Winamp take 99% CPU and no GUI/context/interaction again. Looks like system reboot and/or reinstall may in order. Very strange!
Old 22nd September 2007, 03:23   #110
soulstace

OK, the seekbar was actually working fine until I installed all of the addons mentioned in the first post of this thread. (Uninstalling the Essentials pack fixed it)

EDIT - Tracking it down further, it was the Time Restore & Autoplay function. (Note: I have playlist shuffling enabled)

My second issue (99% CPU) may have resulted from me opening winamp too fast after shutting it down. Possibly, winamp was still running in memory and didn't fair well with the second instance.

EDIT2 - No, I was wrong. It happened again. This time I made sure winamp wasn't running in task manager before I started it again. Here are the steps which seem to reproduce it.

1) Import My Music folder (~6200 tracks)
2) Play some music from the library (all 6200 tracks are in the playlist, playback shuffled)
3) Clear Music Library, shut down winamp
4) Open winamp, clear playlist, shutdown winamp
5) Open winamp, 99% CPU! Have to "End Task" with task manager on Windows XP

Perhaps this is another issue with the Essentials pack*. I will have to reinstall again and do some more testing.

*Confirmed: I clean reinstalled Winamp, repeated the above steps two times, with Winamp Modern skin and Bento skin, WITHOUT Essentials pack installed. No problems. However, the moment I installed the Essentials pack and run Winamp, it loads in the system tray and takes 99% CPU.

Last edited by soulstace; 22nd September 2007 at 04:31.
Old 22nd September 2007, 04:58   #111
J.Heezy

Send a message via Yahoo to J.Heezy
i get the ML font bug, too. it seems to only effect the Local Media tree. every other tree has the normal, smaller font. i'm using the Classic skin.
Old 22nd September 2007, 05:55   #112
TheUniqueTiger

Quote:
Please could you also attach the faulting png file

D:\Music\Om Shanti Om\Om Shanti Om.png

Full crash logs are also usually more helpful
(eg. _crash.log & _crash.dmp zipped into one report.zip)
Here's the report.zip and also the link to the PNG file. To test this bug, I converted a JPG file to PNG by saving in MS-Paint. Winamp crashed again when opening file info for any file in that album too. However this as well as the previous PNG showed up properly in the album art places elsewhere on the screen!

http://stashbox.org/38421/Om%20Shanti%20Om.png
Attached Files
File Type: zip report.zip (66.7 KB, 352 views)

Old 22nd September 2007, 06:29   #113
xamphear

While downloading a podcast, the "Downloading..." status line throws itself on top of whatever is supposed to actually display in that lower area, be it buttons or other text. I've attached an image showing it.
Attached Images
File Type: png downloading_error.png (12.4 KB, 329 views)
Old 22nd September 2007, 07:26   #114
Perseid

Quote:
Originally posted by JP The Wanderer
Got a big bug.

Winamp crashes when you remove all songs from a portable device at once.
Is this device a Creative MP3 player? If I remove all of the songs from my Nomad Zen 20GB the device freaks out and would probably take out Winamp if it were to happen.
Old 22nd September 2007, 09:32   #115
THPSFG

Re: Winamp 5.5 Beta Preview 2 (Build 1568)

Quote:
-Alas, Winamp 5.5 is no longer compatible with Win9x (Win 98/ME), and all support for those OS'es has now been discontinued.
Finally. I installed this over beta 1, which was installed over 5.36 betas, which was installed over 5.35 which has been the same install since 5.0 and I've never had Winamp crash except a couple of times transcoding and with 3rd party vis. Love the new skin. It's really inspiring me to upgrade after 7 years. Can't wait for the final.
Old 22nd September 2007, 11:16   #116
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

@TheUniqueTiger
Thanks for the PNG crash report.
Reproduced!
Hopefully we'll get this fixed for the next build.

@soulstace / xamphear / J.Heezy / others
We're looking into the weird fonts issue.
I think we might be onto something....

@soulstace
Hmm, can you confirm that it's the Time Restore & Autoplay plugin (gen_timerestore.dll) that's causing the loading/cpu problem? eg. does the problem persist after removing that dll? If not, then please disable all of the other plugins included in the Essentials Pack, one at a time, until you find the culprit(s).

@xamphear
Re:'downloading' podcast display glitch
I'm a bit confused...
Which ml view is that in your screenshot?
Is it pmp_ipod (Portables > iPod)?
(at first, I assumed it was ml_wire > Podcasts > Downloads),
but that doesn't have a 'Sort' and 'Sync' button at the bottom,
and I don't have an iPod but don't see a 'Sort' button for my usb & zen devices.
Is it maybe the 3rd-party ml_ipod plugin or something?
If so, then there's no support for that plugin in this thread. Sorry.

@Perseid / JP The Wanderer
Re: Winamp crashing when removing all songs from portable devices
This issue will hopefully be looked into.
Perseid: Is your Nomad Zen using the PlaysForSure interface (pmp_p4s.dll / 2.x firmware), or the pmp_njb interface (1.x firmware)?
My guess is that it'll be pmp_p4s in both your cases....

@THPSFG
Hmm, are you saying that you got it to load under Win98 or something?
Old 22nd September 2007, 11:19   #117
Kiyouta

Quote:
It also seems the CUE Player plugin is broken again. It crashes Winamp on occasion when the media library is being used. When will the Winamp Devs bite the bullet and implement CUE support themselves, eh?

@DJEgg
Opps, didn't notice your reply above!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg winamp.jpg (5.2 KB, 357 views)
Old 22nd September 2007, 11:25   #118
DrO

Quote:
When will the Winamp Devs bite the bullet and implement CUE support themselves, eh?
when people stop asking for it to be implemented?

-daz
Old 22nd September 2007, 11:46   #119
fiish

A small issue with the album art system in Winamp. It shows when MP3 songs from different albums are in the same folder. If there isn't any album art jpeg in the folder, everything's fine, no art. However, if one of the songs has album art assigned to it, then the other songs from that folder show that same art, even if they are from different albums (which makes the album art incorrect for them). Editing the tag to delete the album art from those songs does not work.

E.g.

I have songs by The Corrs from 'Talk on Corners' and 'In Blue' in the same folder. I have art for 'In Blue' only. The 'Talk on Corners' songs show the 'In Blue' art until I specifically insert different album art for that album. The 'In Blue' album art will keep showing up even if I remove it from the tags.

On another note, I love the new Bento skin. It seems, to me, more organized than the old skins. And thanks for keeping up support for all the portable players!
Old 22nd September 2007, 11:53   #120
flocksoft
Major Dude

Quote:
It also seems the CUE Player plugin is broken again. It crashes Winamp on occasion when the media library is being used. When will the Winamp Devs bite the bullet and implement CUE support themselves, eh?

@DJEgg
Opps, didn't notice your reply above!
With Winamp 5.5 b1568 I've no problem wiht CUE Player 0.57c, whereas with Winamp 5.5 b1550 yes (caused by gen_cue.dll)

have you upgraded to CUE Player 0.57c (doesn't require ml_cue.dll)?

[/QUOTE]
Closed Thread
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion