Old 3rd October 2007, 14:56   #81
djhouska

Is there anyone who have Winamp toolbar in Internet Explorer 7???
It is possible that it only works in IE6?
Old 3rd October 2007, 15:35   #82
Hawk

Quote:
Originally posted by djhouska
Thats what I was thinking when I saw the screenshot by DJ Egg. I have IE 7 and it does not work.
Old 3rd October 2007, 15:36   #83
dkordik

re: bigger bento complaint

Maybe it would help if I showed you how it looks on my screen.

pre 1600 bento

new larger bento
Old 3rd October 2007, 15:56   #84
MrX_1980

Send a message via ICQ to MrX_1980
Quote:
Originally posted by djhouska
With Vista IE7 and WinXP IE6 it doesn't work for me.

edit1:
But I use FoxyTunes and the Winamp Docked Toolbar, so I do not realy need the Browser Toolbar.
Old 3rd October 2007, 16:06   #85
Nacrana

Quote:
Originally posted by RandomCarpet
Similar problem here - install caused a blue screen:
PHP Code:
Stopc000021a {Fatal System Error}

The Windows SubSystem system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0xc0000094 (0x75b6be8a 0x0069fbf4
System blue screens again 10-15 seconds after logging with the Windows user account used for installation.

That solved the problem for me too.
Ive got the same Problem.

IC2D E6600 @ 3,3 GHz
4 GB RAM
250 GB HDD
ATi Radeon X1900 XT
Win XP Pro SP2 + all updates

its only that damn orb-thing...
Old 3rd October 2007, 16:15   #86
waxmachine

Quote:
Originally posted by DJ Egg
@waxmachine
We're going to have to get hold of a Sansa Express player.
That's the only way we're going to be able to reproduce & fix it.
So, my crash report doesn't help, does it? Would it help if I'd send you a larger one (the default setting is MiniDumpNormal)?

Thanks
Michel
Old 3rd October 2007, 16:24   #87
Benski
Ben Allison
Former Winamp Developer

Quote:
Originally posted by waxmachine
So, my crash report doesn't help, does it? Would it help if I'd send you a larger one (the default setting is MiniDumpNormal)?

Thanks
Michel
That could help. You can send it directly to me. just change "bug" to "benski" in the e-mail address that gets used for the crash report
Old 3rd October 2007, 16:25   #88
xamphear

Bad news on the ID3v2 coverart front. Now winamp is not seeing ANY of my embedded coverart, even in ID3v2.3.0 tags. I can provide a sample if you'd like.
Old 3rd October 2007, 16:30   #89
Benski
Ben Allison
Former Winamp Developer

Quote:
Originally posted by xamphear
Bad news on the ID3v2 coverart front. Now winamp is not seeing ANY of my embedded coverart, even in ID3v2.3.0 tags. I can provide a sample if you'd like.
Yes, please. (it's working with all the test files I have)
Old 3rd October 2007, 16:57   #90
iron2000

For the resized Bento issue, my res is 1024x768.

Anyway for the controls area everything is enlarged but the timer seem to have remained the same size.

Maybe if there is no time just release the Bento Slim ver it as a seperate skin file.

Thanx
Old 3rd October 2007, 17:10   #91
plazzTT

Quote:
@plazzTT
Hmm. Weird. I'm not sure why "Send To > Auto Tag" isn't working for you on any tracks whatsoever. Alas, we can't reproduce the problem. I have noticed though that it might take a while (maybe up to 20 or 30 seconds sometimes) before the UI appears on first usage within a Winamp session. This is as it's waiting for the Gracenote libraries to load. After that, the UI should appear almost instantly on further attempts within the same Winamp session.

Alas, I can't help you with the iPod Classic problem. Anyone else?
Thanks for the reply! I uninstalled and re-installed Winamp 5.5 and the Auto Tag works now (I had de-selected lots of options manually (possibly Gracenote?) when I was installing 5.35 a few weeks ago, might have been something to do with that?). The 5.5 installer left those unticked when I was upgrading over 5.35. After a full uninstall and then full 5.5 install it seems to work.

But the eject iPod problem is still there. When I go to Eject iPod from Winamp, it says: "Failed to eject iPod. Is something else using it?".

This caused my iPod to say it has No Music, 0 songs.

Then I tried it on another PC, and Winamp can see the iPod tracks, and it did a "clean" eject, so I could see all the tracks on my iPod again.

But on the original PC it's still saying failed. Is there a way I can get more info on what exactly is failing, or what's stopping the eject. If it means anything, I don't have iTunes installed (I did on the PC I did a clean eject in Winamp from...)
Old 3rd October 2007, 17:26   #92
PatrickNeil

I don't know if this has been mentioned in the previous new threads, but I have a bug with the 3 pane view. If the third pane is narrower than the first pane by more than a scrollbar's width, then when I switch views and switch back, it forgets my widths and makes the three panes equal width.

The three panes are what I love most about this whole big update, so it's a real bother for me. I've tried with a clean install, and on all skins, and it just doesn't make sense.
Old 3rd October 2007, 17:58   #93
TheUniqueTiger

Quote:
Originally posted by PatrickNeil
I don't know if this has been mentioned in the previous new threads, but I have a bug with the 3 pane view. If the third pane in narrower than the first pane by more than a scrollbar's width, then it when I switch views and switch back, it forgets my widths and makes the three panes equal width.

The three panes are what I love most about this whole big update, so it's a real bother for me. I've tried with a clean install, and on all skins, and it just doesn't make sense.
Confirmed, but doesn't bother me much!

You have only One Life... So before You are History, make sure you get into History books. - TheUniqueTiger
My personal website, HiFiBB ... Simply Hifi!, HiFiBB
Old 3rd October 2007, 18:23   #94
Firestorm08

in this built there is a performance boost!
it that because of the new bento style=?

developer team very nice i'm looking forward to the final !1
Old 3rd October 2007, 18:28   #95
bhiranya

Hi everyone! I just started using the new beta versions of winamp and I am very impressed. Being an avid fan of winamp since probably day one its awesome to see how far winamp has come.

Since I just started using the beta's I haven't had much to test a lot of things but there are some features I would like to see come back for the new bento skin. The biggest feature I would like to come back is detachable windows, at least just for the video because I like to watch some video while browsing my library at the same time (sometimes). And also I feel that the new bento skin is bigger (bigger buttons, tabs). Could these be feature that can be brought back? Or are they already available and I'm too clumsy to find them (if so I'm very sorry).
Old 3rd October 2007, 18:33   #96
Kn0tte
Major Dude

Hey.. DJ Egg, you couldnt reproduce the Media Library Window bug?

1. I have installed Winamp 5.35 on my laptop, and the ML problem is not there...
On my PC at home I have Winamp 5.5 Beta3 and I have the problem.
I am using the Winamp Modern Skin, with main window w/equalizer open, and the playlist is also open..
When I push the ML button (or in the menu), the Media Library appears/show up BEHIND the other windows, which it should not..

2. I also tried to open other windows, like the Video and the Visualizer Window, and no problems there.. They did not appear behind the other windows...
Something is wrong with the Media Library..

3. Then i figured out that I wanted to try it out with a classic skin (the default "Winamp Classic").
So I switched to the Classic skin, had the main window, equalizer and playlist open. Then I went to the menu and pressed Media Library.. It worked fine. It appeared in front (NOT behind the other windows)..
So, there is a problem with the Modern skin.

4. Since it worked with Classic Skins, I figured out that I wanted to try it with an another modern skin..
So I tried it with the "MMD3" skin.
I had the same windows as before open, and went to the menu and pressed the Media Library button..
And guess what, the Media Library appeared BEHIND the other windows....

So, my conclusion is that SOMETHING is wrong with the Media Library in ALL of the modern skins...
Can you reproduce?
Is there a setting which makes the Media Library appear behind the other windows?

As for the songticker issue in the Bento skin, ok.... But I can see it a little bit...
But maybe you could look in the code, and see if there is something wrong, like it was in the Modern Skin (padding, or something)?
Old 3rd October 2007, 18:34   #97
cengizhan

I have installed beta 3 over beta 2 and started winamp. It has started with new bento skin and then my system freezed immediately. I just had to push restart button. After that I just tried second time. CPU usage increased to %100 by winamp. this time i could kill winamp.exe. After deleting bento skin folder i could run winamp. My system is (xp sp2, e6600 cpu, 2gb ram).

Note : I have experienced same problem with beta 2 too.
Old 3rd October 2007, 18:57   #98
soulstace

I think you should do a clean install when upgrading to newer Winamp versions. Especially upgrading from a beta to a beta.

Quote:

Reporting Bugs:

Please report any issues with the beta in this thread only.
Make sure your report is complete, according to the sticky threads in Bug Reports, ie.
Clean install, no 3rd-party plugins, full step-by-step method of reproduction, relevant system specs, exact error messages, screenshots, which skin (one of Classic, Modern, or Bento only, or all three), links to sample files, etc.
If you don't know how to do a clean install, here's how. Uninstall Winamp, then delete the program folder i.e. C:\Program Files\Winamp and any user data in the %appdata%\Winamp directory. Then install the newer version of Winamp.

Last edited by soulstace; 3rd October 2007 at 19:14.
Old 3rd October 2007, 19:03   #99
MrX_1980

Send a message via ICQ to MrX_1980
f)
How could I see "äöüß" (german = Umlaute) in the "song info"?

I have tried to change to Latin1 (options -> skins -> modern skins).

See winamp55build1600_error_04.jpg
"Tobias Sch?fer" -> "Tobias Schäfer"
Attached Images
File Type: jpg winamp55build1600_error_04.jpg (12.4 KB, 337 views)
Old 3rd October 2007, 19:45   #100
DrO

Quote:
@ vjacques & Zero2FiftyIn4
Sorry, I've no idea about the audioscrobbler plugin.
DrO might have an idea though.... we shall see.
see what happens with the version from http://www.nunzioweb.com/daz/AudioScrobbler/64k_fix/ (obviously renaming to ml_ if that's what you're using) and see what happens with that. i've not tried out thre AS plugin on my 5.5 install yet so i've no idea if that it is working still or not. either way that's the latest compile that has been done of the old code (from the modified 1.1.11 version shipping with ml_ipod which is the modified version i did intially, heh). your plugin logs may be of help in this case as well (though should probably split this off into a new thread if things persist still)

-daz
Old 3rd October 2007, 20:05   #101
Brian P

+1 For old Bento skin

I didn't try Preview 1. Preview 2 looked amazing. Now Preview 3 looks goofy.

I'm using XP Pro SP2, 1920x1200, 96 DPI.
Old 3rd October 2007, 20:05   #102
Ojay

The Tag editor again and the "lost data" effect again.

I edited an MP2 file containing only an ID3v1 tag by editing the fields on the "Basic Info" tab. The YEAR field contained the number '2007'. All other fields contained some data as well. I edited all fields except the "YEAR" field. After saving the ID3 values to the file I re-opened the file with the tag editor and found an ID3v1 tag and an ID3v2 tag. In both ID3 tags the YEAR field was empty while all other fields showed exactly the values as changed by me before.
Old 3rd October 2007, 20:10   #103
Sable Drakon

Quote:
Originally posted by xamphear
I'm having the same exact issue. However in my case it's sporadic. There are some albums that don't display artwork while others work just fine. I did go into iTunes to recheck that all my album art works. It was working flawlessly with Beta2.
Old 3rd October 2007, 20:17   #104
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

Quote:
Originally posted by MrX_1980
f)
How could I see "äöüß" (german = Umlaute) in the "song info"?

I have tried to change to Latin1 (options -> skins -> modern skins).

See winamp55build1600_error_04.jpg
"Tobias Sch?fer" -> "Tobias Schäfer"
Winamp Modern and Bento skins don't use the Internal TTF Renderer any more (note how it now says "for older skins" at the end of the description).

Displaying international (unicode) titles with Winamp 5.3x
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?threadid=267691
http://www.winamp.com/support/help/5...Characters.htm

(Naturally, I'll update the TSGH thread to refer to 5.5x after final release)

@ Sable Drakon & xamphear

We'll need links to sample files, please.
Otherwise, we can't reproduce the problem.
Embedded art is showing in all art display areas for me (except for in File Info > Artwork tab, which is listed under Known Issues).

@Ojay
Hmm, yeah, I think I might have reproduced some weirdness there...
Looks like if id3v1 is all filled-in and id3v2 is empty+disabled, when you edit fields in Basic Info, only the edited fields get written to id3v2.
Old 3rd October 2007, 20:44   #105
Alpha2k6

Quote:
Originally posted by DefAde
the horribly dated looking Winamp Modern skin...
[/B]
horribly dated ?? its alteast the best skin that ships with Winamp and it kicks Bentos @$$ IMO
Old 3rd October 2007, 20:56   #106
pjn123
Major Dude

Too lazy to search.. here goes:

Bento Easter Egg Game:
- Goto Preferences >>> ModernSkins >>> Current Skins Tab...
- Double click the background/credits... of you go
- Seems to stop at level 12+-... And yes... I cheated. Hehe
Would be cool if there was a video that pop up when you clock the game

ClassicPro© v2.01 : This plugin allows you to use cPro skins in Winamp. ClassicPro skins are all SUI skins and loads very quickly. ClassicPro skins is even easier to skin than Winamp Classic skins. A new layout have been added since version 2.
Download ClassicPro© ==== cPro Skins ==== ClassicPro© Homepage ==== SC Forums
Old 3rd October 2007, 21:17   #107
synthetiq

Quote:
Originally posted by pjn123
Too lazy to search.. here goes:

Bento Easter Egg Game:
- Goto Preferences >>> ModernSkins >>> Current Skins Tab...
- Double click the background/credits... of you go
- Seems to stop at level 12+-... And yes... I cheated. Hehe
Would be cool if there was a video that pop up when you clock the game
yep, it has been posted somewhere in preview 2 posts
but... DJ Egg talked about another easter egg in the new winamp... where is it ?

by the way, i guess 90 % of the people (me too) is complaining about Bento super huge buttons...
bring back the "old" bento or include an option to have both...
by the way, i'm still hoping to have cover art in the modern skin notifier...( i know, i know...its already in wishlist)
and i guess would be nice to have a skin browser tab in bento with thumbnails of the skins to switch between skins.

thankx
ps. can't wait for final version, and they still saying "...more to come...."
Old 3rd October 2007, 21:27   #108
Masta2002

i am still missing a albung art window for classic skin i hope we get this for final!!
Old 3rd October 2007, 21:45   #109
DBGARZA

I'm joining too to the group that didn't got the Internet Explorer toolbar to work, same as other I click on it to activate it but nothing happens.
Old 3rd October 2007, 21:47   #110
Kn0tte
Major Dude

Hey...

1. Any more information about the ML problem I have? Is it reproduce-able, or is it just me, so I might have to reinstall Winamp? Altough I can try to install it on my laptop first and see if I get the problem (because I have 5.35 there now, not the beta, and no ML problems so far..)

2. http://www.winamp.com/skins/details/146704
I have talked about updating this skin earlier (for WA 5.5) (and you can do), but I might have a better idea...
What about including this as a COLOR THEME into the original "Modern Skin"? That would be nice (more color themes) .... If not the color theme idea, I would be glad if someone could update it (they who made the skin)... If you look in the comments for that skin there might be some things that other people wants fixed too..
Old 3rd October 2007, 22:44   #111
soulstace

@Kn0tte

I couldn't reproduce that one either, sorry.
Old 3rd October 2007, 22:49   #112
Kn0tte
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by soulstace
@Kn0tte

I couldn't reproduce that one either, sorry.
Ok... Then I might be trying to reinstalling Winamp tomorrow, or trying to install the beta on my laptop...

As for the Bento buttons...
What is wrong with them? I dont use Bento that much, but I have tried it and like the buttons as they are now (in beta3).. They are not to big.. There were to small in the previous beta... If it is to big for your screen resolution, you can try to adjust the scaling (if it is possible on Bento - I have not tried it myself)..
Old 3rd October 2007, 22:57   #113
J_Darnley
Forum King

Send a message via ICQ to J_Darnley
For all those that want the old Bento skin with the small buttons, here you go, straight from the 1568 installer (complete with any bugs):
http://users.telenet.be/darnley/Wina...o_v0.8_096.wal

Kn0tte:
You could try to re-create the christmas skin as a colour theme but it wouldn't have the lights and holly.

Winamp ATF ReferenceMy cPro timer widgetMy port of AVS
Do NOT email me with general tech support questions.
Old 3rd October 2007, 23:02   #114
synthetiq

@J_Darnley

now, having both skins in my screen, i rather prefer the "old bento"...
anyway thankx! and what do you mean with "any bugs" ?

Last edited by synthetiq; 3rd October 2007 at 23:21.
Old 3rd October 2007, 23:05   #115
Kn0tte
Major Dude

Ok... But I dont know how to do it... I suppose I could learn it, but that would take more than 1 day I think.. But I could try... Any special programs that I need to use to do it?

Is the skin to old (Christmas 2005) to be updated to 5.5?
Old 3rd October 2007, 23:07   #116
doodle2

Quote:
Originally posted by synthetiq
@J_Darnley

anyway thankx, and what do you mean with "any bugs" ?
Any bugs that were present in the Bento build that came with Beta 1568...
Old 3rd October 2007, 23:38   #117
Stone Free

Quote:
Originally posted by TheUniqueTiger
The main player area and the file info area are now looking good. But what was the need to make the tabs showing Media Library, Video, Vis, Browser so large? I simply don't understand...
I totally agree, I am loving the new larger top area, but the old button sizes and tabs were a lot better.

I have an IntelliType Pro Multimedia keyboard and I am using the global hotkeys, every button works fine when an old style skins is active but if a modern skin is used suddenly the stop and "Play+Pause" button stop working.

This is both on the betas and earlier standard versions of winamp.
Old 3rd October 2007, 23:41   #118
flocksoft
Major Dude

playlist generator for long titles

Winamp 5.5 b1600 on Windows XP PRO SP2

when the title of the song is very long, it's not showed in Playlist Editor menu (shows only Play track similar to)

in most cases, Media Library doesn't have this problem

example:

artist: A Silver Mt. Zion
album: He Has Left Us Alone, But Shafts Of Light Sometimes Grace The Corner Of Our Rooms
title: Stumble Then Rise On Some Awkward Morning
Attached Images
File Type: png plg.png (5.5 KB, 348 views)
Old 4th October 2007, 00:07   #119
vjacques

Quote:
Originally posted by DrO
see what happens with the version from http://www.nunzioweb.com/daz/AudioScrobbler/64k_fix/
thanks for the quick update on this but it actually makes the things worse--only the very 1st track after the winamp launch is being scrobbled. then, no matter what happens, it stops scrobbling for good. the log looks as usual, no errors or anything with the very last line being "CScrobbler::ThreadCallback ReqID 1, New Interval is 1:".
Old 4th October 2007, 00:26   #120
MaK77

bigger buttons in bento are perfect for party mode, touchscreens, etc etc, a single ui skin is perfect for such uses, while who needs smaller buttons probably needs also a smaller skin, modern skin (or other skins) are for them, why complaining, bento is a big SUI, how can you caomplain about it being big?
I was thinking exactly that the old bento's buttons were too small, new buttons are not perfectly integrated in the graphic, but their size is now the right size for a SUI skin
Closed Thread
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion